Daily Current Affairs April 15
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 15. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 15| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 15
1. World Art Day is celebrated on?
A) April 13
B) April 12
C) April 15
D) April 14
E) April 11
Answer: C) April 15
- April 15 is celebrated as World Art Day across the global.
- To honour and mark the birthday of the greatest artist of all time, Italian polymath Leonardo da Vinci.
- UNESCO’s General Conference in 2012 declared April 15 World Art Day.
2. First battalion of J&K celebrated its _____ anniversary?
Answer: A) 150th
- The first battalion of Jammu and Kashmir, famous for taking part in the two world wars, celebrated the 150th anniversary of its raising day at Dalhousie Military Station.
- Raised by Maharaja Ranbir Singh on 13 April 1873 at Satwari Lines in Jammu, the battalion has earned the title of ‘Saviours of Poonch’ for its bravery in ‘battle of Poonch’, and was awarded battle honour of Poonch and Theatre honour of Jammu and Kashmir.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 15
3. Official logo of FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023 unveiled by who among the following?
A) Shri MK Stalin
B) Shri Naveen Patnaik
D) Shri Yogi Adiyanath
E) ShriAravind Kejarwal
Answer: B) Shri Naveen Patnaik
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik unveiled the official logo of the FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s World Cup 2023 Bhubaneswar – Rourkela at the Kalinga Hockey Stadium.
- The prestigious quadrennial tournament is scheduled to be held next year from January 13 to January 29.
- Hockey India and its official partner Odisha will host the marquee event for the second consecutive time in the country after successfully conducting the event in 2018.
- The 15th edition of the FIH Hockey Men’s World Cup will be staged in two cities Bhubaneswar and Rourkela, where the country’s largest hockey stadium is being constructed.
- The new world-class stadium will have a seating capacity of 20,000.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 15
4. Who among the following partnered with Extreme IX to enable faster payments?
Answer: C) Phonepe
- PhonePe, a digital payments platform, has joined hands with an internet exchange point, Extreme IX to enable a faster digital payments experience for 370 million PhonePe users.
- This partnership will help PhonePedecrease latency for its users irrespective of their location or ISP in India.
- Extreme IX has 30 points of presence in 5 cities in India.
- More than 450 networks including Internet service providers and prominent content delivery networks such as Netflix, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Akamai to name a few, are connected to Extreme IX fabric.
5. Who among the following became official digital payments partner for PMs’ museum?
Answer: D) Paytm
- Paytm owner One97 Communications has become an official digital payments partner for the prime ministers’ museum in the national capital.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 15
6. The Centre has completed asset monetisation worth how many crores?
A) Rs 69,000 crore
B) Rs 66,000 crore
C) Rs 76,000 crore
D) Rs 96,000 crore
E) Rs 86,000 crore
Answer: D) Rs 96,000 crore
- The Centre has completed asset monetisation worth Rs 96,000 crore during FY22, surpassing the target of Rs 88,000 crore.
- For FY23, it has set itself a goal of Rs 1.62 trillion, and already has a pipeline of assets worth Rs 1.6 trillion under advanced stages of implementation.
- The pipeline for assets to be monetised this year is being prepared by the NITI Aayog, in consultation with ministries.
- The Ministry of Roads, Transport and Highways has monetised assets worth Rs 23,000 crore, which included a 390-km stretch through InvIT and three ToT bundles.
- The Ministry of Power monetised assets of Rs 9,500 crore with PowerGrid Corporation’s InvIT and NHPC’s securitisation of its operational hydel assets.
- With the opening up of coal mining for the private sector, and steps taken to boost domestic coal production, leading to the subsequent auctioning of 22 coal blocks, the Ministry of Coal was able to monetise assets worth Rs 40,000 crore.
- The Ministry of Railways has been a laggard, and was able to monetise assets worth Rs 800-900 crore against its target of Rs 17,810 crore.
7. Which of the following metrolaunched `e-ticket on WhatsApp’?
A) Mumbai Metro
B) Delhi Metro
C) Lucknow Metro
D) Kolkata Metro
E) Chennai Metro
Answer: A) Mumbai Metro
- Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd (MMOPL) which operates metro service on the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar route in the city launched an `e-ticket on WhatsApp’
- Mumbai Metro One is the first MRTS (Mass Rapid Transit System) in the world to offer e-ticket on WhatsApp.
- This was an extension of “Paper QR Ticket” currently available through ticket counters, it said. To use the facility, passengers will need to send the message `Hi’ to 9670008889.
8. Who among the following minister launched ‘All Women Ambassadors Group’?
A) Annpurna Devi Yadav
C) Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer: E) Meenakshi Lekhi
- Minister of State for External Affairs MeenakshiLekhilaunched the ‘All Women Ambassadors Group’ to advance the role of women in international diplomacy and to realiseSDG 5 to achieve gender equality in diplomacy.
9. Which among the following state/UT seeked Centre’s cooperation in implementing Him Prahari scheme?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttarakhand
- The ‘Him Prahari’ scheme is meant for ex-servicemen and youngsters and is aimed at stopping the migration of people from the state.
- The scheme will focus on areas where migration occurs at a rapid phase so that people stay put, and not move out.
- The Uttarakhand government with the help of Police, Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) for relief and rescue operations in divine calamity, we propose to constitute border guard teams or snow watchdog teams to stop the migration from the villages of international border districts (Uttarkashi, Chamoli, Pithoragarh, Champawat and Khatima of Udhamsinghnagar).
- An expenditure of about Rs 5 crore 45 lakh is estimated on this.
10. LG Manoj Sinha Approved how many Crores for 850 MW Ratle Hydropower Project on Chenab River?
A) Rs 3,300 crore
B) Rs 5,300 crore
C) Rs 3,500 crore
D) Rs 5,800 crore
E) Rs 8,300 crore
Answer: B) Rs 5,300 crore
- Lieutenant Governor (LG) Manoj Sinha, the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) administration has approved the construction of 850 megawatts (MW) Ratle hydroelectric project in a joint venture formation between the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) and JK Power Development Corporation (JKPDC).
- The run-of-the-river hydroelectric power station will be executed at a cost of Rs 5,300 crore expectedly within 36 months from the start of work.
- The project will come up on Chenab River near Drabshalla in Kishtwar district.
11. Who among the following signed visionary statement with India on child participation at local governance?
E) World Bank
Answer: D) UNICEF
- Commemorating the 75th year of India’s Independence- AzadikaAmritMahotsav and celebrating the iconic week program, Yaumasa Kimura, UNICEF India Representative, and Sunil Kumar, Secretary Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR), signed a visionary Joint Statement of Understanding, reiterating their commitment towards the realization of the rights of youth and children in India.
- One-third of India’s population comprises children – and the country has a demographic dividend with adolescents and young people constituting 22 per cent of the population.
- In line with the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the partnership aims to include the voices of youth and children in the Gram Sabhas through the provision ofbal / Balika (Children) Sabhas.
- Bal Sabhas will identify children’s priorities and integrate these into the Gram Panchayat Development Plans.
- This is to ensure that policies, social protection schemes, and programs are inclusive and relevant to the needs and aspirations of children and adolescents.
- The partnership is guided by Article 12 of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child for providing the right platform for every child to freely express their views.
Over All Review
Business And Economy