Daily Current Affairs April 14
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 14. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 14| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 14
1. Ambedkar Jayanti is observed on?
A) April 11
B) April 12
C) April 13
D) April 14
E) April 15
Answer: D) April 14
- April 14 is marked as Ambedkar Jayanti to honourDrAmbedkar’s countless contributions in the making of present-day India.
- Ambedkar Jayanti is also celebrated to remember the jurist’s dedication in fighting social evils like caste discrimination and oppression.
- Tamilnadu announced April 14 as “Equality Day”.
2. World Chagas Disease Day was observed on?
Answer: B) 2020
- To raise awareness about a life-threatening disease that can cause serious heart and digestive issues, every year April 14 is observed as World Chagas Day.
- World Chagas Disease Day was first observed on April 14, 2020.
- The disease is also called American trypanosomiasis, silent disease or silenced disease.
- It is caused by the parasite Trypanosoma crizu.
- This parasite is transmitted to humans through the triatomine bug which is also known as the kissing bug.
3. Mahavir Jayanti is celebrated on April 14 and he was _____th Jain?
Answer: C) 24th
- Mahavir Jayanti, the birth anniversary of the 24th and the last Jain TirthankarBhagwanMahaviris being celebrated across the country on April 14.
- Mahavir Jayanti is considered to be one of the most auspicious events for the Jain community and holds a lot of importance in their religious life.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 14
4. Which among the following country lifted fourth FIH Junior Women’s Hockey World Cup title?
Answer: A) Netherland
- FIH Junior Women’s Hockey World Cup at Potchefstroom, South Africa.
- Gold – Netherland (4th time)
- Silver – Germany
- Bronze – England
- 4th – India
5. Who among the following became the second Indian after ViratKohli to record 10,000 runs in T20 cricket?
A) Suresh Raina
B) MS Dhoni
C) Rohit Sharma
E) Ravichandar Ashwin
Answer: C) Rohit Sharma
- Rohit Sharma became only the second Indian batter after ViratKohli to complete 10,000 runs in the T20 cricket.
- 1st– Chris Gayle (West Indies) -14562
- 2nd – Shoaib Malik (Pakistan) – 11698
- 3rd – Kieron Pollard (West Indies) – 11474
- 4th – Aaron Finch (Australia) – 10499
- 5th – ViratKohli(India) – 10379
- 6th – David Warner (Australia) – 10373
- 7th – Rohitsharma(India) – 10003
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs April 14
6. Who among the following is the richest healthcare billionaire in the world?
A) Dilip Shanghvi
B) Xu Hang
C) Li Xiting
D) Thomas Frist Jr
E) Cyrus Poonawalla
Answer: E) Cyrus Poonawalla
- Cyrus Poonawalla, the founder of Serum Institute of India, is the richest billionaire in the healthcare sector in 2022, according to Hurun Global Healthcare Rich List 2022.
- Poonawalla, the fourth richest Indian, grew his wealth by 41 per cent over the past year to $26 billion, riding on the wide usage of the Covid-19 vaccines produced by the Serum Institute.
- India has a total of nine healthcare billionaires in 2022, which is the fifth highest globally.
- 1st – Cyrus poonawalla
- 2nd – Thomas Frist Jr (HCA Healthcare)
- 3rd – Li Xiting,China
- 4th – Xu Hang of Mindray
- 5th – Dilip Shanghvi (Sun Pharma)
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 14
7. IPGA appointed who among the following as its chairman?
A) Bimal Kothari
B) Andy Jassy
D) Lisa Su
E) Tim Cook
Answer: A) Bimal Kothari
- India Pulses and Grains Association (IPGA) announced the appointment of Bimal Kothari as the new chairman.
- Kothari takes over from JituBheda, who was the IPGA chairman since 2018.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 14
8. Health Ministry celebrated ____th anniversary of Health & Wellness Centres?
Answer: D) 4th
- Ministry of Health and Family welfare is celebrating 4th anniversary of launch of Health and Wellness Centres.
- Health and Wellness Centres aim to provide comprehensive primary healthcare including promotive, preventive and curative care and also provide tele-consultation services to the citizens.
9. Pan-India electronic trading portal, e-NAM, completed _______ years?
Answer: B) 6
- National Agriculture Market (e-NAM), a pan-India electronic trading portal has completed six years.
- The flagship programme integrates physical wholesale mandis and markets of different States and Union Territories to facilitate online trading of agricultural commodities.
- Launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on14/04/2016, e-NAM is completely funded by the Central Government and is being implemented by the Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium.
- A total of 1000 mandis of 18 states and 3 union territories have been integrated with e-nam platform and more than one crore 72 lakh farmers have registered on this platform so far.
10. Festivals of Baisakhi is celebrated in which of the following state/UT?
E) New Delhi
Answer: C) Punjab
- Baisakhi – Punjab (Harvest Festival)
- Vishu – Kerala (Malayalam New Year)
- Rongali Bihu – Assam (Harvest Festival)
- NabaBarsha – West Bengal (Bengali New Year)
- Vaisakhadi (Mesadi) – Hindu New Year
- Puthandu-Pirappu – Tamilnadu (Tamil Puthandu)
11. Govt approved _____ proposals of over Rs 19,000 cr under PLI scheme for textiles?
Answer: A) 61
- The government has approved 61 applications with an investment potential of over Rs 19,000 crore under the production linked incentive (PLI) scheme for textiles.
- A total of 67 proposals were received under the PLI scheme for the textiles sector.
- The proposed investment expected from the approved applicants is Rs 19,077 crore and the projected turnover is Rs 184,917 crore.
- The government had approved the Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for Textiles products — MMF Apparel, MMF Fabrics and Products of Technical Textiles, for enhancing India’s manufacturing capabilities and enhancing exports with an approved financial outlay of Rs 10,683 crore over a five-year period.
12. Who among the followinginauguratesd ‘PradhanmantriSangrahalaya’?
A) Shri Amit Shah
B) Shri Narendra Modi
D) Shri Nitin Gadkari
E) SmtSmriti Zubin Irani
Answer: B) Shri Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘PradhanmantriSangrahalaya‘- a museum dedicated to the country’s all Prime Ministers since Independence.
- The design of the museum building is inspired by the story of rising India, shaped and moulded by the hands of its leaders.
- The logo of the Sangrahalaya represents the hands of the people of India holding the Dharma Chakra symbolizing the nation and democracy.
- There are a total of 43 galleries in the Sangrahalaya.
- Starting from displays on the freedom struggle and the framing of the Constitution, the Sangrahalaya goes on to tell the story of how our Prime Ministers navigated the nation through various challenges and ensured the all-around progress of the country.
13. Centre released how many crores to FCI, states for food subsidy?
A) Rs 294187 crore
B) Rs 291847crore
C) Rs294781 crore
D) Rs249718 crore
E) Rs 294718 crore
Answer: E) Rs 294718 crore
- The Centre has released Rs 294718 crore to the Food Corporation of India (FCI) and state governments for food subsidy under the Pradhan MantriGaribKalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) and National Food Security Act (NFSA) during 2021-22, the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
- This release of food subsidy is about 140 per cent of the food subsidy released during 2020-21 and about 267 per cent of the food subsidy released during 2019-20, the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution data showed.
- PMGKAY has now been extended till September 2022, which will involve an additional allocation of 244 LMT of foodgrain with an additional financial implication of about Rs 80,851 crore.
- A total of 1,175 LMT of foodgrain including procurement of wheat during the Rabi Marketing Season 2021-22 and paddy in Kharif Marketing Season 2021-22 has been achieved with a direct payment of Rs 2.31 lakh crore of Minimum Support Price benefitting more than 154 lakh farmers.
14. NITI Aayog and UN holds validation workshop on GoI–UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework for which year?
Answer: D) 2023-2027
- NITI Aayogand United Nations organized a day-long national validation workshop on the upcoming Government of India – UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) 2023–27.
- This was the first such congregation that saw the participation of officials from 30 Union ministries, heads of 26 UN agencies, and representatives from all states and union territories.
- A key objective of the 2023–27 framework will be to utilize the India-UN collaboration to find new ways of addressing the country’s pressing developmental challenges.
- The preparation for the 2023–27 framework, led by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman and the UN Resident Coordinator, was a highly participative process, which included consultations with the Central and state governments, civil society, academics, private sector, think tanks, and economic enterprises, among others.
Over All Review