Daily Current Affairs April 09
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 09. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 09| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 09
1. CRPF Valour Day was observed on which date of April 2022?
A) April 8
B) April 11
C) April 7
D) April 10
E) April 9
Answer: E) April 9
- CRPF stands for Central Reserve Police Force.
- Observed ‘Valour day’ on April 9 every year to commemorate the exceptionally awe inspiring battle at Sardar Post in Rann of Kuchh, Gujarat.
- In the intervening night of 8 and 9 April 1965, about 3500 men of 51st Infantry of Pakistani Army invaded India at Sardar Post, was guarded by two battalions of CRPF roughly 150 soldiers.
- But the CRPF soldiers thwarted every attempt with a brilliant display of courage and strategic intelligence.
- Ever since, the day is celebrated by the CRPF as Valour Day.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 09
2. Which edition of Ladies Open Amateur Golf Championship 2022 was held in Delhi?
Answer: B) 11th
- 13 year old Riya Jadon walking away with the title.
- Riya also won the Junior Girls Trophy.
- The 11th edition of the DGC Ladies Open Amateur Golf Championship 2022 was held at the Delhi Golf Club.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 09
3. HDFC divested 3 percentage of stake in which bank for Rs 1,521 cr?
A) City Union Bank
B) Federal Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
E) KarurVysya Bank
Answer: C) Bandhan Bank
- Housing finance major HDFC Ltd divested a little over 3 per cent stake in Bandhan Bank, garnering Rs 1,522 crore, through an open market transaction.
- According to bulk deal data with the BSE, HDFC sold a total of 49632349 shares, amounting to 08 per cent stake of Bandhan Bank.
- The shares were offloaded at an average price of Rs 306.61 apiece, valuing the transaction at Rs 1,521.77 crore.
4. Which of the following bank launched 1,111-day deposit scheme?
A) Kerala Gramin Bank
B) J&K Grameen Bank
C) Assam GraminVikash Bank
D) Karnataka VikasGrameena Bank
E) UtkalGrameen Bank
Answer: D) Karnataka VikasGrameena Bank
- Karnataka VikasGrameena Bank (KVGB), headquartered in Dharwad, has launched a 1,111-day deposit scheme named ‘Vikas Siri Sampat-1111’.
- The 1,111 days deposit offers 70 per cent interest for the general public and 6.20 per cent for the senior citizens.
- A minimum of ₹10,000 and maximum of ₹2 crore can be deposited under the scheme a limited period offer.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 09
5. Name the E-commerce company that launched Assam’s first grocery fulfilment centre?
Answer: D) Flipkart
- Flipkart launched its grocery fulfilment centre at Palasbari near Guwahati, the second such grocery fulfilment centre of Flipkart helmed by womenafter the one inCoimbatore.
- The centre (in Assam) will be run by women and it is another step towards empowering women and creating a conducive and inclusive environment.
- Local varieties of rice like ‘joha’ and ‘black rice’, turmeric and cardamom, among other products from the northeast in the grocery list of Flipkart.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 09
6. Which of the following country flight tested missile system SFDR booster?
Answer: E) India
- India successfully flight tested Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) booster, a missile system, at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur off the Odisha coast.
- The SFDR has been developed byDefence Research and Development Laboratory, Hyderabad in collaboration with other DRDO laboratories such as Research Centre Imarat, Hyderabad and High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, Pune.
- The SFDR based propulsion enables the missile to intercept aerial threats at very long range at supersonic speeds.
- The performance of the system has been confirmed from the data captured by a number of range instruments like Telemetry, Radar and Electro Optical Tracking Systems deployed by ITR.
7. ISRO and which university signed a MoU to install a telescope?
A) Banaras Hindu University
B) IIT Madras
C) Himachal Pradesh Central University
D) Birla Institute of Tech and Science
E) IIT Kanpur
Answer: C) Himachal Pradesh Central University
- Indian Space Research Organisation and Himachal Pradesh Central University signed a MoU to install a telescope in the state for assisting the detection and follow up of space debris around high-altitude geosynchronous.
- It was the one meter telescope installed at 30 degree latitude and for the installation of optical telescope, 2-3 suitable sites will be selected at the height of about 2000 meters.
- With the help of this telescope, the Department of Physics and Astronomy of the Central University be able to accelerate its research programs.
- The university aims to make the data available to researchers across the world.
- This will give an opportunity to the scientists/researchers of CUHP to disseminate their work and space situation awareness as well as cutting edge space and astronomical research will be of great help.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 09
8. President Kovind inaugurates National Conference on Mediation and Information Technology at which state/UT?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Gujarat
- President Ram NathKovind addressing the inaugural ceremony of the National Conference on Mediation and Information Technology at Kevadia in Narmada district to emphasized on resolving disputes through mediation.
- This Conference was organized by the High Court of Gujarat.
9. Which of the following ministry inaugurated the Scientific Convention at New Delhi?
A) Mansukh Mandaviya
B) Sarbananda Sonowal
D) Piyush Goyal
E) Bhupendra Yadav
Answer: B) Sarbananda Sonowal
- Union Minister of Ayush, Ports, Shipping and Waterways Shri SarbanandaSonowal inaugurated a two-day scientific conventionon‘Homoeopathy: People’s Choice for Wellness’ at New Delhi.
- MoS for Ayush and Women and Child Development Dr MahendrabhaiMunjpara was participated.
- The three apex bodies under Ministry of Ayush named Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy, National Commission for Homoeopathy and National Institute of Homoeopathy are jointly organising this convention on the World Homoeopathy Day (WHD).
- World Homoeopathy Day is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy, Dr. Christian Fredrich Samuel Hahnemann.
- This convention is an opportunity to review the achievements in the field of Homoeopathy and to formulate future strategies for development of Homoeopathy.
10. Name the state that launched Corruption Free Mobile App?
Answer: A) Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the ‘Corruption Free Uttarakhand App 1064’.
- For making the state corruption free and ensuring that governance in the state is carried out in a transparent manner.
- The app will be available in both Hindi and English.
11. Who of the following approved the proposal to allow Armed Forces personnel to draw HRA without furnishing NAC?
B) Narendra Modi
C) VR Chaudhari
D) R Hari Kumar
E) Rajnath Singh
Answer: E) Rajnath Singh
- With the aim to ensure the welfare of Armed Forces personnel, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh approved a proposal to dispense with the furnishing of No Accommodation Certificate (NAC) to become eligible for House Rent Allowance (HRA).
- The personnel, who have not been allotted government accommodation, will now be able to draw HRA without the requirement to produce NAC.
- Under the existing policy, personnel had to apply separately for issuing of NAC from the concerned accommodation offices, which resulted in delays in processing the claims for HRA and the allowance was paid to personnel after a considerable time.
- The revised policy is a significant step in line with the Government’s policy for simplification of the existing procedures.
- The revised policy will result in a reduction in paperwork and enable faster disbursement of the HRA to the Armed Forces personnel.
12. Manoj Sinha flags off ‘Athwaas’ for rejuvenation of which Lake of the state/UT?
A) Wular Lake
B) Darwan Lake
C) Suraj Tal
D) Dal Lake
E) Keetham Lake
Answer: D) Dal Lake
- Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha flagged off ‘Athwaas’, a unique partnership between citizens and authorities for the rejuvenation of world famous Dal Lake in Srinagar.
- First time in the history of Jammu and Kashmir, a successful campaign is being run with active public participation to clean Dal Lake.
- The de-weeding and dredging will be conducted in collaboration with the citizens.
- 373 crore rupees have been allocated for development and conservation of Dal and Nageen lakes in this year’s budget.