Daily Current Affairs April 08
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 08. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 08| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 08
1. International Day of Sport for Development and Peace is observed on _____?
A) April 6
B) April 5
C) April 4
D) April 7
E) April 8
Answer: A) April 6
- The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) is observed on April 6.
- The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace saw its beginning in 2013 when the United States General Assembly declared April 6, the day the first-ever Modern Olympics took place in 1896 in Athens, as the day of observance to highlight the importance of sport.
- The day has been annually observed on April 6 since 2014.
- ‘Securing a Sustainable and Peaceful Future for All: The Contribution of Sport.’
2. World Table Tennis Day was first observed on ______?
Answer: E) 2015
- World Table Tennis Day is annually observed on April 6.
- 1st observed on 2015.
3. Prevention of Blindness Week 2022 is observed in which week?
A) Mar 25 to Mar 31
B) Apr 1 to Apr 7
C) Mar 27 to Apr 2
D) Apr 3 to Apr 9
E) Apr 4 to Apr 10
Answer: B) Apr 1 to Apr 7
- The government of India organizes a week-long campaign Prevention of Blindness Week 2022 to raise awareness about blindness from April 1 to April 7.
- National Society for the Prevention of Blindness was founded in 1960 (Under the Societies Registration Act of 1860) with Jawaharlal Nehru and Raj KumariAmrit Kaur being its founding patrons.
4. Army Ordnance Corps celebrated its _____ raising day on April 08?
Answer: C) 247
- The Corps came into existence with the establishment of ‘Board of Ordnance’ on 8th April 1775.
- The Corps is entrusted with the onerous task of managing a large and complex inventory and providing logistic support to the Army.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs April 08
5. Which of the following IIT ranked top 100 in QS Rankings?
A) IIT Roorkee
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Bombay
D) IIT Kharagpur
E) IIT Pune
Answer: D) IIT Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT KGP) has been named as one of the world’s top 100 universities for studying 19 subjects, according to the latest edition of the world’s highest QS University ranking.
- The institute ranked 37thin 2022 compared to 44th in 2021 in Mineral & Mining Engineering and in Electrical & Electronic Engineering it ranked 80th in 2022, improving its rank from 90th in 2021.
- In Engineering & Technology, it ranked 101stin the world and 3rd in India, as per the 12th QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022 announced recently.
- The Institute has been ranked at the top three in India for Agriculture & Forestry (1st rank), Statistics & Operational Research (1st rank), Mineral & Mining Engineering (2nd rank), Environmental Sciences (2nd rank), Economics & Econometrics (2nd rank), Engineering & Technology (3rd rank), Computer Science & Information Systems (3rd rank), Chemical Engineering (3rd rank) and Accounting & Finance (3rd rank).
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 08
6. Axis Bank inks how many USD for partial guarantee pact with ADB to support supply chain financing?
A) $500 mn
B) $300 mn
C) $150 mn
D) $200 mn
E) $100 mn
Answer: C) $150 mn
- Axis Bank has collaborated with Asian Development Bank (ADB) for a partial guarantee programme with initial outlay of USD 150 million (Rs 1,139.85 crore), aimed at supporting supply chain financing for impact sectors.
- Special focus will be towards ESG and priority sectors.
- Axis Bank has signed a partial guarantee facility agreement (PGFA) with ADB to support supply chain financing for impact sectors, under which ADB will provide guarantees (variable) to the lending done by Axis Bank.
7. World Bank, AIIB to Give Rs 7,500 Cr Loan For which of the following state Mission School of Excellence Project?
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Gujarat
- The World Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) will provide a loan of Rs 7,500 crore for the Gujarat government’s Mission School of Excellence project that aims to improve the quality of education in the state.
- Under the Mission School of Excellence project, the state government will spend Rs 10,000 crore in the next five years and cover all 35,133 government and 5,847 grant-in-aid schools in the state.
- The funds will be spent on building 50,000 new classrooms, creating 5 lakh smart classrooms, 20,000 new computer labs and 5,000 tinkering labs in 41,000-odd government and grant-in-aid schools across the state.
8. Repo rate remained unchanged for _______ time in a row?
Answer: D) 11th
- Repo Rate: 4%
- Reverse Repo Rate: 35%
- Marginal Standing Facility: 25%
- Bank Rate: 25%
- GDP Forecast FY23: 2pc (7.8pc previous)
- Inflation Forecast FY23: 7pc (4.5pc previous)
- Gradual withdrawal of Rs 8.5 lakh crore liquidity overhang to be undertaken over several years.
- The requirement of standard asset provision of 0.25 per cent will also continue to apply to all such loans.
- RBI will come out with a discussion paper on climate risk and sustainable finance.
- Committee to be set up for review of customer service standards in RBI regulated entities.
- Card-less cash withdrawal facility to be extended to all banks and ATM networks using the UPI.
Rationalised housing loans norms extended till March 31, 2023:
- This will facilitate higher credit flow for individual housing loans.
- Such loans will continue to attract a risk weight of 35 per cent where LTV is less than or equal to 80 per cent, and a risk weight of 50 per cent where LTV is more than 80 per cent but less than or equal to 90 per cent.
To issue cyber resiliency guidelines for Payment system Operators:
- The Reserve Bank of India said it will soon release directions on cyber resilience and payment security controls for Payment System Operators.
- These directions will cover robust governance mechanisms for identification, assessment, monitoring and management of cybersecurity risks.
- It will also include information security risks and vulnerabilities and specify baseline security measures for ensuring safe and secure digital payment transactions.
- The directions will be issued shortly.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 08
9. NTPC to set up ultra-mega 2500-MW solar power park in which of the following state?
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Maharashtra
- The Maharashtra State Power Generation Co (MAHAGENCO) and National Thermal Power Corporation will form a joint venture to set up an “ultra-mega solar park” in the state to generate 2,500 MW green power.
- The Rs 1,727-crore project proposal, kickstarted in 2020, was approved by the state Cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.
- 50 per cent each for developing the ultra-mega solar power park, and the Energy Department will be the state nodal agency.
10. Amazon partnered with how many firms to launch its satellite internet constellation?
Answer: A) 3
- The tech giant has secured a total of up to 83 launches over a five-year period, which according to the company, is the largest commercial procurement of launch vehicles in history.
- Amazon has announced agreements with three companies – Arianespace, Blue Origin, and United Launch Alliance (ULA), to deploy the majority of its Project Kuiper satellites that aim to provide high-speed, low-latency broadband to a wide range of customers across the globe.
- The contracts include 18 launches with Arianespace’s Ariane 6 rockets, 12 launches using Jeff Bezos-owned Blue Origin’s New Glenn, with options for up to 15 additional launches, and 38 launches on Vulcan Centaur, ULA’s newest heavy-lift launch vehicle.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 08
11. Cabinet approved signing of bilateral MoU between SEBI and Financial Regulatory Commission of which of the following country?
Answer: A) Mongolia
- Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for signing a bilateral Memorandum of Understanding between Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) and Financial Regulatory Commission, Mongolia.
- The MoU will in addition to contributing towards strengthening the information sharing framework leading to effective enforcement of securities laws, also help in establishing a technical assistance programme.
- The technical assistance programme will benefit the Authorities by way of consultations on matters relating to capital markets, capacity building activities and training programmes for the staff.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 08
12. Who among the following has said that cabinet approved the scheme to distribute fortified rice under govt programmes?
B) MahendraNath Pandey
C) Narendra Singh Tomar
D) Narendra Modi
E) Anurag Thakur
Answer: E) Anurag Thakur
- The Union Cabinet approved a scheme to distribute fortified rice under government programmes in three phases, Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur.
- FCI and state agencies have already procured 65 LMT of fortified rice for supply and distribution.
- The first phase – under ICDS and PM Poshanprogrammes.
- The second phase will cover targeted public distribution system (TPDS) and other welfare schemes in all aspirational and high-burden stunting districts by March 2023.
- In the final phase, all remaining districts will be covered by March 2024.
- The entire cost of rice fortification of about Rs 2,700 crore per annum and would be borne by the central government.
13. Finance Ministry released Rs 7,183 cr revenue deficit grant to how many states?
Answer: D) 14
- The Finance Ministry said it has released the first instalment of revenue deficit grant of Rs 7,183 crore to 14 states.
- The grant has been released as per the recommendations of the 15th Finance Commission to Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
- The commission had recommended a total Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant of Rs 86,201 crore to 14 states for the financial year 2022-23, which will be released in 12 monthly instalments.
14. Atal Innovation Mission was introduced in the year?
Answer: B) 2016
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved continuation of Atal Innovation Mission till March 2023.
- The intended targets that will be achieved by the Mission are establishment of 10000 Atal Tinkering Labs, 101 Atal Incubation Centers, 50 Atal Community Innovation Centers and supporting 200 startups via the Atal New India Challenges.
- The total budgeted expenditure of more than Rs 2000 crore shall be incurred in the process of the establishment and supporting the beneficiaries.
- The programmes of the Mission cover 34 states and Union Territories.
15. NHA launched new version of Health Benefit Package under AB-PMJAY adding how many new procedures?
Answer: C) 365
- The National Health Authority has launched a new version of the Health Benefit Package, 2022, under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan ArogyaYojana, adding 365 new procedures which took the total to 1,949.
- With Health Benefit Package, 2022, differential pricing is being introduced under the scheme based on the type of city and level of care.
- The package was launched at a two-day meeting held at Tamil Nadu’s Mahabalipuram.