Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 28 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Who won the Russian Grand Prix?
A) Sergio Pérez
B) Lewis Hamilton
C) Valtteri Bottas
D) Max Verstappen
Answer: C) Valtteri Bottas
|Russian Grand Prix|
|The Catalonia Grand Prix – Moto GP|
2. Which organisation has secured the second spot in India in the ”Financial Times Masters in Management Rankings 2020”?
A) IIM Madras
B) IIM Calcutta
C) IIM Mandi
D) IIM Hyderabad
Answer: B) IIM Calcutta
|3rd||SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR)||36th|
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. BSE has signed a pact with which bank to empower the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) listed on the platform?
A) Axis Bank
B) Yes Bank
C) IndusInd Bank
D) ICICI Bank
Answer: B) Yes Bank
BSE + Yes Bank = To empower SMEs
MD and CEO: Prashant Kumar
Tagline: Experience our Expertise
4. RBI has come up with positive pay system for cheque payments to prevent cases of banking fraud. It will be implemented from which date?
A) April 1, 2021
B) January 1, 2021
C) June 1, 2021
D) March 1, 2021
Answer: B) January 1, 2021
- Customers will now have to furnish details of cheques like name of the beneficiary, payee, amount to the drawee bank and date through available means, SMS, internet banking or ATM and mobile app.
- This will be applicable if the amount mentioned on the cheque is above Rs 50,000.
RBI – Implement Positive Pay System from January 1, 2021.
5. Which bank has come up with a slew of special offers for its retail customers to spread festive joy amid the coronavirus pandemic?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Indian Bank
C) Indian Overseas Bank
D) State Bank of India
Answer: D) State Bank of India
- The bank is offering the lowest interest rate starting from 7.5% to customers opting for the car loan.
- They will also get 100% on-road finance on select models.
- SBI announces special festive offers on home loans.
- SBI has also announced special festive offers on home loans for home buyers.
- The bank is also providing special concessions up to 10 bps on the interest rate for the customers based on their credit score and loan amount. Additionally, home-buyers can avail 5 bps interest concession if they apply for a home loan via YONO.
- SBI announces special offer for gold loan customers.
- There’s good news for gold loan customers as well, as they now have flexible repayment options for up to 36 months at the lowest interest of 7.5%.
State Bank of India – a slew of special offers for its retail customers.
State Bank of India:
Capital: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Head: Dinesh Kumar Khara
Tagline: With You all the way, Pure Banking Nothing Else, The Nation Bank on Us, The Banker to Every Indian, A Bank of the Common Man
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
6. Who launched the Book titled “Rowing Down the Ganges”?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Ram Nath Kovind
C) Amit Shah
D) Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer: A) Narendra Modi
- A book, ‘Rowing down the Ganges’, co-published by National Mission for Clean Ganga & Wildlife Institute of India will be launched at the event.
- Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi shall inaugurate six mega projects in Uttarakhand under the Namami Gange Mission.
- The Prime Minister will also inaugurate “Ganga Avalokan”, the first museum on Ganga dedicated to showcase the culture, biodiversity and rejuvenation activities done in Ganga river. The museum is located at Chandi Ghat, Haridwar.
- The logo of Jal Jeevan Mission and ‘Margdarshika for Gram Panchayats and Paani Samitis under Jal Jeevan Mission’ will also be unveiled by Prime Minister.
Narendra Modi – “Rowing Down the Ganges” – National Mission for Clean Ganga & Wildlife Institute of India (Co-Publish).
7. RBI approves 3-member committee of directors to manage Lakshmi Vilas Bank. Who is headed in this committee?
A) Anand Kumar
B) Shakti Sinha
C) Meeta Makhan
D) Satish Kumar Kalra
Answer: C) Meeta Makhan
The committee members are Meeta Makhan – Chairperson of the Committee of Directors, Shakti Sinha – Member and Satish Kumar Kalra – Member
RBI – 3-member committee of directors to manage Lakshmi Vilas Bank –
8. Moctar Ouane is appointed as Prime Minister of Mali. He is Former Minister of which sector?
B) Foreign Affairs
C) Women and Child Development
Answer: B) Foreign Affairs
Moctar Ouane was foreign minister from 2004 to 2011.
Moctar Ouane – Prime Minister of Mali.
9. PD Vaghela is appointed as chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) replaced whom?
A) Rajesh Sewak Sharma
B) Ramesh Sewak Sharma
C) Ram Sewak Sharma
D) Raj Sewak Sharma
Answer: C) Ram Sewak Sharma
PD Vaghela – chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) –
Ram Sewak Sharma (Replaced)
11. Which country aims to become self-sufficient in petroleum products within 3 years?
Answer: B) Egypt
Egypt – To become self-sufficient in petroleum products within 3 years.
Currency: Egyptian pound
12. Ministry of Tourism launches an app for hospitality industry on World Tourism Day. What is the name of that app?
A) BHIMA App
B) SHAKTI App
C) PRAGARAM App
D) SAATHI App
Answer: D) SAATHI App
The app was launched by Pradhan who also launched a film ‘Pathik’, an initiative on Incredible India Tourist Facilitators Certification Programme (IITFC) and an ICPB MICE promotional film.
Ministry of Tourism – SAATHI App – for hospitality industry on World Tourism Day
Culture and Tourism:
Minister : Prahalad Singh Patel
Constituency : Damoh, Madhya Pradesh
13. Which state launched a slum upgradation programme to make the state slum-free in three years?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) West Bengal
Answer: B) Odisha
Odisha – Initiative to make state slum-free in 3 years
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
14. Which Ministry launched the ICMR’s vaccine web portal and National Clinical Registry for Covid-19?
A) Ministry of Education
B) Health Ministry
C) Women & Child Development Ministry
D) Finance Ministry
Answer: B) Health Ministry
- Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan today launched the ICMR’s vaccine web portal and National Clinical Registry for Covid-19.
- This vaccine web portal will provide information related to the COVID-19 vaccine development in India and abroad.
- In addition, National COVID-19 Clinical Registry will collect data regarding clinical and laboratory investigations, treatments, management protocols and outcomes of hospitalized COVID patients in India.
Health Ministry – ICMR’s vaccine web portal and National Clinical Registry.
Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology and Earth Sciences:
Minister: Dr Harshavardhan
Constituency : Chandni Chowk, Delhi
15. Andhra Pradesh launched a scheme that will drill borewells in the arid and uplands in the State and will also provide free motors to small and marginal farmers?
A) YSR Subha Kala scheme
B) YSR Jala Kala scheme
C) YSR Kala Kala scheme
D) YSR Kalyana Kala scheme
Answer: B) YSR Jala Kala scheme
The YSR Jala Kala scheme is estimated to bring in 5 lakh acres under cultivation through groundwater irrigation with an expenditure of ₹2,340 crore over the next four years.
Andhra Pradesh – YSR Jala Kala scheme – To dig up borewells, offer free motors for small farmers.
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
16. Uttar Pradesh will launch a portal to help UP Board students during pandemic. What is the name of that portal?
A) e-Vidhya Ganga
B) e-Gyan Ganga
C) e-Bavana Ganga
D) e-Bharat Ganga
Answer: B) e-Gyan Ganga
Uttar Pradesh – e-Gyan Ganga – Help UP Board students during pandemic.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
17. The defence ministry approved the procurement of arms and military equipment worth how much amount including around 72,000 Sig Sauer assault rifles from the United States?
A) Rs 3,290 crore
B) Rs 1,290 crore
C) Rs 2,290 crore
D) Rs 4,290 crore
Answer: C) Rs 2,290 crore
Defence Ministry – Acquisition of military hardware worth Rs 2,290 crore.
Ministry of Defence:
Minister : Rajnath Singh
Constituency : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh