Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 30 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Singer Helen Reddy passed away. She sings a global feminist anthem. what is the name of that anthem?
A) I Am Legend
B) I Am Girl
C) I Am Woman
D)I Am Entrepreneur
Answer: C) I Am Woman
Singer Helen Reddy, whose 1972 song ‘I Am Woman’ became a global feminist anthem, died in Los Angeles.
Helen Reddy – Singer of feminist anthem ‘I Am Woman’.
2. According to the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) , Which city is topped in in crimes?
Total Cities – 19.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which Bank has launched IB-eNote facility aimed at providing a paperless working environment and to improve the turnaround time considerably?
A) Indian Bank
B) Indian Overseas Bank
C) State Bank of India
D) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: A) Indian Bank
Indian Bank – IB-eNote facility for paperless working environment.
MD & CEO: Ms. Padmaja Chundru
Tagline : Your Own Bank
4. The New Development Bank (NDB) has approved howmuch amount loan for Mumbai Metro?
A) USD 441 million
B) USD 141 million
C) USD 341 million
D) USD 241 million
Answer: D) USD 241 million
The New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS countries has approved USD 241 million loan for Mumbai Metro and USD 500 million for the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) Project.
NDB – USD 241 million – Mumbai Metro.
New Development Bank:
Hq: Shanghai, China
Head: Marcos Troyjo
5. Which Bank launched the Festive Treats 2.0 campaign under which customers can avail special deals on all banking products?
A) ICICI Bank
B) Federal Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) IDBI Bank
Answer: C) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank launched the Festive Treats 2.0 campaign under which customers can avail special deals on all banking products, ranging from loans to bank accounts, with over 1,000 offers from leading players and over 2,000 hyper local offers through tie-ups with local merchants across semi-urban and rural locations.
HDFC Bank – Festive Treats 2.0
Hq: Mumbai , Maharashtra
Tagline : We Understand Your World
CEO :Sashidhar Jagdishan
6. Which Bank has launched festive bonanza campaign that offers attractive benefits to retail and business customers on various banking products and service?
A) ICICI Bank
B) Federal Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) IDBI Bank
Answer: A) ICICI Bank
Home loans and balance transfer of home loans from other banks:
Attractive interest rate (repo rate linkeD)starting from 6.90% and processing fee starting from ₹3,000.
i. Auto loans:
Flexible schemes to help customers own car with tailor made EMIs. EMIs starting at ₹1,554 per ₹1 lakh for a tenure of 84 months. Women customers get flat processing fee of ₹1,999.
ii. Two-wheeler loans:
EMI as low as ₹36 per ₹1,000 for tenure of 36 months. Special processing fee of ₹999
iii. Instant personal loans:
Attractive interest rate starting from 10.50% and flat processing fee of ₹3,999.
iv. Consumer finance loans:
No cost EMI available on leading brands of home appliance and digital products. Quick and completely digital process with minimal documentation.
ICICI Bank – Festive Bonanza campaign
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : SandeepBakshi
Tagline : Hum Hai Na, KhayalApka
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
7. Bharti Airtel has launched a comprehensive suite of advanced cyber security solutions to help businesses tide over rising cyber threats. What is the name of that solutions?
A) Airtel Security
B) Airtel Secure
C) Airtel Beat
D) Airtel Lock
Answer: B) Airtel Secure
Airtel – Airtel Secure – To help businesses tackle cyber threats.
8. Which company Partners with Zoho, Instamojo, Dunzo and Swiggy to help support small businesses and drive demand through customer support?
A) Amazon India
B) Facebook India
C) Google India
D) Microsoft India
Answer: C) Google India
Google partners with Zoho, Instamojo, others – to help SMBs go digital.
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
9. General Atlantic will invest how much % Stake in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited for Rs 3,675 cr?
Answer: C) 0.84%
General Atlantic – 0.84% – in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited for Rs 3,675 cr.
10. RBI has appointed D K Kashyap as Additional Director on the board of which bank for a period of two years?
A) Dhanlaxmi Bank
B) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
C) IndusInd Bank
D) ICICI Bank
Answer: A) Dhanlaxmi Bank
Hq: Thrissur, Kerala
Tagline: Tann Mann Dhan
11. Who has appointed as the President of Film and Television Institute of India, FTII Society and Chairman of Governing Council of FTII?
A) Sandeep Kapur
B) Sandhosh Kapur
C) Shekhar Kapur
D) Sakthi Kapur
Answer: C) Shekhar Kapur
Shekhar Kapur – President of FTII Society & chairman of FTII Governing Council.
12. Alexander De Croo is appointed as Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: B) Belgium
Sheikh Nawaf is sworn-in as new Kuwait emir.
Alexander De Croo – Belgium Prime Minister.
13. Who is not received the Prestigious CDRI Award 2020 for their outstanding contribution in drug discovery and development?
A) Dr Surajit Ghosh
B) Dr Anand Kumar
C) Dr Ravi Manjithaya
D) Dr Bushra Ateeq
Answer: B) Dr Anand Kumar
Dr Bushra Ateeq, Dr Surajit Ghosh and Dr Ravi Manjithaya – The prestigious CDRI Award 2020.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
14. Which Aerospace and AgniKul Cosmos have signed a MoU to test launch the Agnibaan launch vehicle from PSCA on Kodiak Island in the United States?
Answer: C) Alaska
- PSCA – Pacific Spaceport Complex –Alaska.
- Chennai based AgniKul Cosmos was incubated at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT Madras). It is building a small satellite rocket, Agnibaan, that will be capable of carrying up to 100 kg of payload to low Earth orbits up to 700 km.
- Nelco and Telesat will collaborate on terrestrial facilities, commercial distribution and regulatory frameworks to offer Telesat LEO satellite connectivity in India.
AgniKul + Alaska Aerospace = To launch from Pacific Spaceport Complex.
15. India and which country have agreed to set up a ‘High Level Monitoring Committee’ to regularly review the progress of implementation of projects being run with Line of Credit (LoC) provided by India?
Answer: B) Bangladesh
India and Bangladesh have agreed to set up a ‘High Level Monitoring Committee’ headed by the Secretary, Economic Relations Division of Bangladesh and High Commissioner of India in Bangladesh to regularly review the progress of implementation of projects being run with Line of Credit (LoC) provided by India.
India + Bangladesh = Set up monitoring committee to review project implementation.
Capital : Dhaka
Currency : Bangladeshi Taka
16. India successfully test-fires BrahMos supersonic cruise missile in Odisha. What is the range of this Missile?
A) More than 400 km
B) More than 300 km
C) More than 200 km
D) More than 100 km
Answer: A) More than 400 km
India – successfully test-fires BrahMos supersonic cruise missile in Odisha.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
17. Which Railway has launched ‘Operation My Saheli’ to boost the security of women passengers in trains during their entire journey?
A) The North Eastern Railway
B) The South Eastern Railway
C) The North Western Railway
D) The South Western Railway
Answer: B) The South Eastern Railway
- The South Eastern Railway has launched a project to boost the security of women passengers in trains during their entire journey
- ‘Operation My Saheli (frienD)gives security to women passengers from the originating point to the destination.
18. Which state government signs MoU with Denmark in water sector?
A) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Gujarat
Gujarat + Denmark = Water sector
Capital : Gandhinagar
CM : Vijay Rupani
Governor : Acharya Dev Vrat
19. Which Shipyard Limited has delivered two Roll on Roll Off (RO-RO) vessels to IWAI which is a part of the order for a series of 10 vessels?
A) Chennai Shipyard Limited
B) Goa Shipyard Limited
C) Cochin Shipyard Limited
D) Mumbai Shipyard Limited
Answer: C) Cochin Shipyard Limited
- Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) ICGS ‘Kanaklata Barua’ of the Indian Coast Guard was commissioned at the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd.,
- The commissioning was done through video conferencing by Jiwesh Nandan, additional secretary, Ministry of Defence and was attended by senior officials of the Indian Coast Guard and GRSE , including its chairman and managing director Rear Admiral V K Saxena (retD).
Cochin Shipyard – RO-RO vessels to IWAI.
20. Kerala has launched the new online version of the single-window clearance system to encourage new entrepreneurs to set up businesses in the state. What is name of that system?
A) KSWIFT 2.0
B) KLITE 2.0
C) KSHIFT 2.0
D) KLIVE 2.0
Answer: A) KSWIFT 2.0
KSWIFT – Kerala Single Window Interface for Fast and Transparent Clearance system.
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
21. Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers Shri. D.V. Sadananda Gowda today launched POS 3.1 software, SMS Gateway and Home Delivery facility of Fertilizers (RBK)for farmers in which state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Andhra Pradesh
Shri Gowda – PoS 3.1 Software, SMS Services and facility of Home delivery of Fertilizers for farmers in Andhra Pradesh.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan