Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 27 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Tourism Day is observed on September 27. What is theme of that day?
A) “Tourism and Rural Development”
B) “Tourism and Women”
C) “Tourism and Child Development”
D) “Tourism and Culture”
Answer: A) “Tourism and Rural Development”
This year United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) has designated 2020 as the Year of Tourism and Rural Development.
2. Jaswant Singh passed away. He is Former Cabinet Minister of which sector?
C) Jal Shakti
Answer: A) Defence
- Former Defence Minister Jaswant Singh passed away at the age of 82.
- The former Indian Army officer served in Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s cabinet.
- He held the portfolios of defence, finance and external affairs in the Atal Bihar Vajpayee cabinet between 1998 and 2004.
- One of the founding leaders of the Kerala Congress (Mani) regional party and a nine-time MLA from Changanassery, CF Thomas passed away.
Jaswant Singh – Former Defence Minister.
3. Final grand slam of the year ‘French Open’ begins in which country?
A) London, UK
B) Paris, France
C) Manila, Philippines
D) Beijing, China
Answer: B) Paris, France
‘French Open’ – Paris, France.
Capital : Paris
Currency : Euro
5. Alyssa Healy is related to which sports?
Answer: A) Cricket
- Australia’s wicket-keeper batswoman Alyssa Healy on Sunday broke MS Dhoni’s record of having most dismissals as a wicket-keeper in the shortest format of the game.
- Healy now has 92 dismissals in the shortest format of the game, while Dhoni had record 91 dismissals in T20 internationals.
Alyssa Healy – Most dismissals by wicket-keeper in T20Is.
Currency : Australian Dollar
6. Which Metro has been awarded the ‘Construction World Person of the Year 2020’?
A) Andhra Metro
B) Maharashtra Metro
C) Chennai Metro
D) Delhi Metro
Answer: B) Maharashtra Metro
Dr Brijesh Dixit, managing director, Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (Maha-Metro) has been awarded the ‘Construction World Person of the Year 2020’ by the Foundation of Infrastructure Research Studies Training (FIRST) Construction Council.
Capital : Mumbai
CM : Udhav Thackarey
7. RBI has roped in which actor for the customer awareness campaign to prevent gullible account holders from being duped by fraudsters?
A) Amitabh Bachchan
B) Dilip Kumar
C) Uttam Kumar
D) Irrfan Khan
Answer: A)Amitabh Bachchan
RBI – Amitabh Bachchan – Customer awareness campaign.
8. India entered into MoU with which country in the field of Intellectual Property (IP) Cooperation?
D) New Zealand
Answer: A) Denmark
India and Sri Lanka have agreed to enhance cooperation to combat terrorism and drug trafficking.
India + Denmark = The field of Intellectual Property (IP) Cooperation.
Capital : Copenhagen
Currency : Danish Krone
9. Which organization collaborates with UN body to help Indian seafarers stranded on ships?
Answer: A) MUI
- MUI – Merchant Navy union
- Against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic leaving around four lakh global seafarers, including thousands of Indians, stranded on ships, India’s oldest union of merchant navy officers MUI has collaborated with the United Nations to assist these sailors.
MUI + UN = To help Indian seafarers stranded on ships.
10. Which state government has come up with an idea to hold “Radio Pathashala” to teach students of Class 1 to 8 in the state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Odisha
All India Radio from September 28, every week from Monday to Friday between
10 am to 10:15 am to facilitate the continuous learning of students.
Odisha – ‘Radio Pathashala’ for school students in view of Covid-19.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
11. Which Ministry virtually inaugurated ‘Destination North East-2020’ to highlight the North-east region’s various potentials like eco-tourism, culture, heritage and business?
A) Home Ministry
B) Finance Ministry
C) Information & Broadcasting Ministry
D) Women & Child Development Ministry
Answer: A) Home Ministry
- The theme is “The Emerging Delightful Destinations”.
- Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region Jitendra Singh and Chief Ministers of North Eastern States participated in the event via video conferencing.
Home Ministry – To inaugurate ‘Destination North East-2020’.
Ministry : Amit Shah
Constituency : Gandhinagar, Gujarat
12. Which state government has launched the Dharani portal on Dussehra?
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Telangana
Telangana – To launch the Dharani portal on Dussehra
Capital : Hyderabad
CM : K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor : Tamilisai Soundararajan
13. Maharashtra Governor launched the ayurvedic ‘chemo recovery kits’ containing Ayurvedic formulation in Mumbai. Which organization is developed this kit associated with Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Centre?
B) Tata Trusts
C) IIT Bombay
Answer: B) Tata Trusts
Maharashtra – the ayurvedic ‘chemo recovery kits’ – Developed by Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Centre + Tata Trusts.
Capital : Mumbai
CM : Udhav Thackarey