Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 19 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Nozomi Okuhara clinched the Denmark Open title beating Carolina Marin in women’s singles. Nozomi Okuhara is related to which country?
D) New Zealand
Answer: A) Japan
Carolina Marin – Spain.
Nozomi Okuhara – The Denmark Open – Beating Carolina Marin in women’s singles.
Capital : Tokyo
Currency : Japanese Yen
2. CJ Cup is related to which sports?
A) Table Tennis
Answer: D) Golf
Jason Kokrak wins CJ Cup to get PGA Tour title in 233rd try. Jason Kokrak – Canada.
Jason Kokrak – CJ Cup to get PGA Tour title.
Capital : Ottawa
Currency : Canadian Dollar
3. Zarina Roshan Khan passed away. She is related to which field?
Answer: A) Actress
Actor Zarina Roshan Khan recently passed away in Mumbai following a cardiac arrest.
Zarina Roshan Khan – Actress.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. BSE partners with which state government and GlobalLinker to help micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) raise equity funds?
A) Andhra Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Telangana
BSE + Telangana govt + GlobalLinker = Help MSMEs raise equity funds.
Capital : Hyderabad
CM : K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor : Tamilisai Soundararajan
5. Which insurance company has launched a new Unit Linked insurance plan (Ulip) titled ‘Invest 4G’?
A) Aviva Life Insurance Co. India Ltd.
B) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
C) Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance
D) Aegon Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
Answer: C) Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance
Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance has launched a new Unit Linked insurance plan (Ulip) titled ‘Invest 4G’. It is an individual life insurance savings plan which can be customized as per the goals and changing requirements of the individual.
Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance – A new Unit Linked insurance plan (Ulip) titled ‘Invest 4G’.
Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance:
Headquarters: Gurgaon, Haryana
MD & CEO: Anuj Mathur
6. ADB and the Government of India signed a howmuch amount loan to upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways and major district roads in the state of Maharashtra?
A) $134 million
B) $154 million
C) $142 million
D) $177 million
Answer: D) $177 million
ADB + India = $177 million loan for state road improvements in Maharashtra.
Asian Development Bank:
Hq: Manila, Philippines
Head : Masatsugu Asakawa
Capital : Mumbai
CM : Udhav Thackarey
7. Who won the 3M Young Scientist Challenge for a discovery that could provide a potential treatment for Covid-19?
A) Avni Doshi
B) Udit Singhal
C) Anuya Nisal
D) Anika Chebrolu
Answer: D) Anika Chebrolu
Anika Chebrolu – 3M Young Scientist Challenge – Discovery that could provide a potential treatment for Covid-19.
8. India announced which country joins the annual Malabar naval exercises with the United States and Japan?
A) New Zealand
C) Sri Lanka
Answer: D) Australia
- India announced that Australia will join the upcoming Malabar exercise which effectively means that all the four member countries of the ‘Quad’ or Quadrilateral coalition will be participating in the mega drill.
- The US and Japan are the other countries that participate in the annual exercise, which is likely to take place next month in the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea.
Australia- To be part of Malabar exercise.
Currency : Australian Dollar
9. Which Ministry launched ‘Ayushman Sahakar’ scheme to help cooperatives contribute to creation of healthcare infrastructure in the country. Parshottam Rupala is the Minister of state of which Ministry?
A) Agriculture Ministry
B) Women & Child Development Ministry
C) Science & Technology Ministry
D) Consumer Affairs Ministry
Answer: A) Agriculture Ministry
- Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR scheme today.
- The scheme is a unique way to assist cooperatives play an important role in creation of healthcare infrastructure in the country. AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR scheme has been formulated by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
Narendra Singh Tomar – ‘Ayushman Sahakar’ scheme to help cooperatives contribute to creation of healthcare infrastructure in the country.
Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Food Processing Industries:
Minister : Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency : Morena, Madhya Pradesh
10. Which state/UT has launched an Urban Connect programme named MY TOWN, MY PRIDE to deliver services at doorsteps to the urban population?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: A) Jammu & Kashmir
J&K – Urban Connect programme MY TOWN, MY PRIDE.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital : Srinagar(summer),Jammu(winter)
Governor : Manoj Sinha
11. Shri Gadkari to lay foundation stone for country’s first multi-modal logistic park in which state?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Assam
Project amount – The Rs 693.97 crore.
Shri Gadkari – Laid foundation stone for country’s first multi-modal logistic park in Assam.
Capital : Dispur
CM : Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi
Road Transport and Highways and Micro,
Small and Medium Enterprises:
Minister : Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra