Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 17 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Trauma Day is observed on which date?
A) October 12
B) October 15
C) October 17
D) October 18
Answer: C) October 17
2. Umar Gul announces retirement from all forms of cricket. He is related to which sports?
Answer: A) Cricket
Pakistan speedster Umar Gul announced he will retire from all forms of cricket after the end of the ongoing National T20 Cup.
Umar Gul – Pakistan pacer – Announce retirement from all forms of cricket.
Capital : Islamabad
Currency : Rupee
3. Carnatic vocalist Shri Puliyur Subramaniam Narayanaswamy passed away. He won Padma Bhushan in which year?
Answer: B) 2003
- He was awarded the Bala Gana Kala Rathnam at the age of 12.
- In 1999, he was conferred the title, ‘Sangita Kala Acharya’ by the Music Academy.
- He was awarded `Padma Bhushan’ by the Government of India in 2003.
Shri Puliyur Subramaniam Narayanaswamy – Carnatic vocalist.
4. 94th is the rank of India in the Global Hunger Index 2020. Howmany countries participate in this Index?
Answer: C) 107
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Tata Motors ties up with which bank to launch two new schemes — ‘Gradual Step Up Scheme’ and ‘TML Flexi Drive Scheme’ for financing of passenger vehicles?
A) ICICI Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) IndusInd Bank
D) Bandhan Bank
Answer: B) HDFC Bank
The schemes will be available till the end of November 2020.
Gradual Step Up scheme:
- Customers can avail EMI options as low as Rs 799 per lakh per month, depending on the product and variant.
- The EMI payments gradually increase over a period of 2 years depending on the payment convenience of the buyer.
Flexi Drive scheme:
It offers the option to the consumer to choose any three months every year, where s/he can pay a minimum EMI of Rs 789 per lakh per month, depending on the product and variant as per convenience.
Tata Motors + HDFC Bank = two new schemes — ‘Gradual Step Up Scheme’ and ‘TML Flexi Drive Scheme’ – Financing of passenger vehicles.
Hq: Mumbai , Maharashtra
Tagline : We Understand Your World
CEO :Sashidhar Jagdishan
6. Bank of Baroda has entered into a pact with which company for tractor finance business to boost to agri business and will help farmers?
B) Mahindra & Mahindra
C) Tata Motors
Answer: B) Mahindra & Mahindra
Bank of Baroda + Mahindra & Mahindra – Tractor finance biz.
Bank of Baroda:
Hq: Vadodara, Gujarat
MD and CEO : Sanjiv Chadha
Tagline : India’s International Bank
7. Which Bank has flagged-off this year’s festive season celebrations to woo borrowers?
A) IndusInd Bank
B) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) Kodak Mahindra Bank
Answer: D) Kodak Mahindra Bank
Ahead of the upcoming festive season, Federal Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank have also launched special campaigns for their customers with cheaper loans and discounts.
Kotak Mahindra Bank – Festive offers to woo borrowers.
Kotak Mahindra Bank:
Hq : Mumbai
MD and CEO : Udaykotak
Tagline : Let’s make money simple, Ab Kona KonaKotak
8. Jacinda Ardern won a second term of Prime Minister in which country?
D) New Zealand
Answer: D) New Zealand
Jacinda Ardern – Second term of Prime Minister in New Zealand.
Capital : Wellington
Currency : New Zealand Dollar
9. Union home secretary tenure has been extended up to August 22, 2021. what is the name of Union home secretary?
A) Ramdas Athawale
B) Ajay Kumar Bhalla
C) Danve Raosaheb Dadarao
D) G. Kishan Reddy
Answer: B) Ajay Kumar Bhalla
Union home secretary Ajay Bhalla – Tenure has been extended up to August 22, 2021.
Minister : Amit Shah
Constituency : Gandhinagar, Gujarat
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Which armed force collaborates with IIT Delhi and DRDO to create a pool of officials who will work to find technology solutions for its operational challenges?
D) Indian Army
Answer: A) CRPF
CRPF + IIT Delhi+ DRDO = To prepare tech experts from among force.
Hq : New Delhi
Chairman : G. Satheesh Reddy
11. Which IIT has partnered with Berger Paints an alcohol-free surface disinfectant can stay active on a variety of surfaces for an extended period of hours, and fight off bacteria and COVID-like viruses?
A) IIT Bombay
B) IIT Kanpur
C) IIT Guwahati
D) IIT Mandi
Answer: C) IIT Guwahati
Berger Paints + IIT Guwahati = Surface disinfectant to fight Covid-19.
12. Which country hosts virtual Summit of Ministers of Justice of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation?
A) New Zealand
Answer: B) India
Law and Justice Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad participated.
India – Virtual Summit of Ministers of Justice of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
13. India successfully conducted a night trial of the indigenously developed nuclear-capable Prithvi-2 missile at Chandipur near Balasore in Odisha. What is the range of this Missile?
A) 250 Km
B) 150 Km
C) 350 Km
D) 450 Km
Answer: C) 350 Km
India – Successful night trial of nuclear-capable Prithvi-2 missile – Range 350 Km.
14. Uttar Pradesh Governor launches Safe City Project, a women’s safety campaign, in Lucknow. Who is the Governor of Uttar Pradesh?
A) Satya Pal Malik
B) Phagu Chauhan
C) Anandiben Patel
D) Draupadi Murmu
Answer: C) Anandiben Patel
Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel flagged off 100 ‘pink’ two-wheelers and 10 four-wheeler police vehicles for ‘Pink Patrol’.
Uttar Pradesh – Safe City Project, a women’s safety campaign, in Lucknow.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
15. According to the Health Minister, the aim of the government is to make India Trans Fat free by which year?
Answer: D) 2022
Health Minister – Aim of the govt is to make India Trans Fat free by 2022.
Health and Family Welfare, Science
and Technology and Earth Sciences:
Minister : Dr Harshavardhan
Constituency : Chandni Chowk, Delhi
16. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman participated in meeting of the World Bank Development Committee Plenary through video conference. This meeting is which edition?
Answer: C) 102
Nirmala Sitharaman – Participate in 102nd meeting of World Bank Development Committee Plenary.
Finance and Corporate Affairs:
Minister : Nirmala Sitharaman
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP,Karnataka
17. Kolkata Port Trust new logo to be unveiled at 150-year old celebrations. Kolkata Port is renamed as which name?
A) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Port
B) Vallabhbhai Patel Port
C) Indira Gandhi Port
D) Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port
Answer: D) Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port
Kolkata Port Trust – New logo to be unveiled at 150-year old celebrations.