Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 15 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Students’ Day is observed on October 15. This day is celebrated as which person’s Birth Anniversary?
A) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
B) Jawaharlal Nehru
C) A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
D) Indira Gandhi
Answer: C) A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
|World Students’ Day||October 15||Learning for people, planet, prosperity and peace.|
|Global Handwashing Day||October 15||“Hand Hygiene for All”|
|International Day of Rural Women||October 15||“Building rural women’s resilience in the wake of COVID-19.”|
|Mahila Kisan Diwas||October 15|
|Intellectual Property Literacy Week||October 15th to October 23|
2. Renowned Malayalam poet Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri passed away. He won which award?
A) Padma Shri
B) Jnanpith Award
C) National Book Award
D) Pulitzer Prize
Answer: B) Jnanpith Award
Namboothiri, who had won the 55th Jnanpith Award last year, had won many awards including Kerala Sahitya Akademi Awards and Ezhuthachan Puraskaram. He was honoured with Padmashri in 2017.
Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri – Renowned Malayalam poet and Jnanpith laureate.
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
3. India’s first Oscar winner Bhanu Athaiya passed away. He is related to which field?
C) Costume designer
Answer: C) Costume designer
Athaiya, who won an Oscar for her work in the 1983 epic film “Gandhi”.
Bhanu Athaiya – India’s first Oscar winner – Costume designer.
4. Kishore Bhimani passed away. He is related to which field?
C) Sports journalist
D) Social Activist
Answer: C) Sports journalist
Kishore Bhimani – Veteran sports journalist and cricket commentator.
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Irdai has come out with a standard individual term life insurance product named “Saral Jeevan Bima”. What is the minimum insured amount of this product?
A) Rs 1 lakh
B) Rs 5 lakh
C) Rs 3 lakh
D) Rs 2 lakh
Answer: B) Rs 5 lakh
- All life insurance companies have to mandatorily come out with a standard, individual term life insurance policy called ‘Saral Jeevan Bima’ from January 1, 2021.
- The minimum sum assured under the product will be Rs 5 lakh.
- The maximum can go upto Rs 25 lakh.
- The minimum age of entry is 18 years, the maximum entry age has been capped at 65 and the maximum maturity age will be 70 years
- The policy term will extend from 5 to 40 years.
Irdai introduces standard life product – Saral Jeevan Beema for Bharat.
6. Which bank launched the services that would enable its customers to create fixed deposits, pay utility bills and access details of trade finance instantly on WhatsApp?
A) HDFC Bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) Federal Bank
D) IndusInd Bank
Answer: B) ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank – Can create FD, pay utility bills on WhatsApp.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : SandeepBakshi
Tagline : Hum Hai Na, KhayalApka
7. IKEA partners with Citibank India and Mastercard to launch ‘IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi’. What is the headquarters of IKEA?
Answer: B) Sweden
It will offer an affordable EMI option for the customers that extends from 03 to 48 months, allowing even more flexibility.
IKEA + Citibank India + Mastercard = launch ‘IKEA Family Credit Card by Citi’.
8. Which bank with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and SIDBI or payment of subsidy to street vendors under the Centre’s SVANidhi Scheme?
A) Indian Bank
B) Punjab National Bank
C) Indian Overseas Bank
D) Bank of Baroda
Answer: A) Indian Bank
Indian Bank + Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs + SIDBI = Street vendors.
MD & CEO: Ms. Padmaja Chundru
Tagline : Your Own Bank
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
9. Which Technology company and Dubai Economy MoU to make enterprise-level technology available for all businesses in Dubai and support their digital transformation?
A) HCL Technologies
Answer: D) Zoho
Zoho + Dubai Economy = support businesses go digital with enterprise-level tech-Business Journal.
10. J&K Govt inks MoU with which e-commerce platform to provide platform for local artisans, craftsmen, weavers to reach customers worldwide?
Answer: B) Flipkart
J&K + Flipkart = provide platform for local artisans, craftsmen, weavers to reach customers worldwide.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital : Srinagar(summer),Jammu(winter)
Governor : Manoj Sinha
Hq :Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO : Kalyan Krishnamurthy
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
11. Bhrigu and The Palace Of Mirror is written by whom?
A) Soumitra Ranade
B) Radha Nair
C) Gauri Khan
D) Ishtiaq Ahmed
Answer: A) Soumitra Ranade
|Bhrigu and The Palace Of Mirror||Soumitra Ranade||Hachette India|
|C is for Cat and D is for Depression||Kairavi Bharat Ram||–|
Bhrigu and The Palace Of Mirror – Soumitra Ranade – Hachette India.
12. Sanjeev Krishan was elected the chairman and CEO of PwC India. He is replaced whom?
A) Shyamal Mukherjee
B) Ashok Lavasa
C) Anil Chaudhary
D) Arvind Saxena
Answer: A) Shyamal Mukherjee
Sanjeev Krishan – chairman and CEO of PwC India – Shyamal Mukherjee(Replace).
13. J. Radhakrishnan won K.V. Thiruvengadam Award 2020 instituted by Rotary Club of Madras East and Kauvery Hospital. He is Secretary of which sector?
D) Women & Child Development
Answer: A) Health
J. Radhakrishnan – K.V. Thiruvengadam Award.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
14. Which University has developed a rapid COVID-19 test able to identify the coronavirus in less than five minutes?
A) Harvard University
B) Massachusetts Institute of Technology
C) Stanford University
D) University of Oxford
Answer: D) University of Oxford
University of Oxford – a rapid COVID-19 test able to identify the coronavirus in less than five minutes.
15. Russia approves second coronavirus vaccine after early-stage trials. What is the name of that vaccine?
A) ExSputnik II
C) Sputnik V
Answer: D) EpiVacCorona
The peptide-based, two-shot vaccine, EpiVacCorona, was developed by the Vector Institute in Siberia.
Russia – Approve second coronavirus vaccine after early-stage trials – EpiVacCorona.
Currency : Russian Ruble
16. India and which country agreed to boost cooperation in areas of defence and security, trade, and migration and mobility partnership?
A) New Zealand
D) West Indies
Answer: B) Portugal
India + Portugal = to further boost cooperation in areas of defence and security, trade, and migration and mobility partnership.
Capital : Lisbon
Currency : Euro
17. Which State/UT launches ‘Red light On, Gaadi off’ campaign against pollution?
C) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: A) Delhi
Delhi – ‘Red light On, Gaadi off’ campaign against pollution.
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
18. Which state/UT inaugurated a “SAKHI” One-Stop Service Centre for women in the state?
C) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: C) Jammu & Kashmir
Ramban, J & K – “SAKHI” One-Stop Service Centre for women.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital : Srinagar(summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor : Manoj Sinha
19. Which Ministry has introduced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for strengthening its single window system portal ‘Champions’ to assist the MSMEs in the country?
A) Defence Ministry
B) MSME Ministry
C) Women & Child Development Ministry
D) Finance Ministry
Answer: B) MSME Ministry
MSME Ministry – AI & ML for strengthening its single window system portal ‘Champions’.
Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises:
Minister : Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra
20. According to DV Sadananda Gowda, Indian pharma sector can grow to 65 billion dollar industry by which year?
Answer: D) 2024
Sadananda Gowda – Indian pharma sector can grow to 65 billion dollar industry by 2024.
Chemicals and Fertilizers Ministry:
Minister : D.V. Sadananda Gowda
Constituency : Bangalore North,Karnataka
21. Which state launched ‘hath dhona, roke corona’ campaign on the occasion of Global Handwashing Day?
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh – ‘hath dhona, roke corona’ on Global Handwashing Day.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
22. Which state has announced 33% reservation for women in government jobs?
Answer: B) Punjab
Punjab – 33 per cent reservation for women in state civil services.
Capital : Chandigarh
CM : Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor : V P Singh Badnore
23. Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually launched the ‘KAPILA’ on the 89th birth anniversary of former President and Scientist Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. what is expansion of A in ‘KAPILA’ ?
Answer: B) Awareness
- Union Education Minister virtually launches ‘KAPILA’ will bring awareness towards patenting of inventions.
- ‘KAPILA – ‘ Kalam Program for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness campaign.
Union Education Minister – launch ‘KAPILA’ will bring awareness towards patenting of inventions.
Ministry of Education:
Minister : Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
Constituency : Hardwar, Uttarakhand