Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 14 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Standards Day is observed on October 14. What is the theme of that day?
A) “Protecting the planet with standards”
B) “Protecting the World with standards”
C) “Protecting the City with standards”
D) “Protecting the State with standards”
Answer: A) “Protecting the planet with standards”
- World Standards Day – October 14 – “Protecting the planet with standards”.
- International E-Waste Day – October 14.
2. Renowned Kuchipudi dance exponent Sobha Naidu passes away. She won Padma Shri in which year?
Answer: D) 2001
- Naidu was awarded the civilian honour of Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2001.
- In 1991 she was awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi award and before that she was awarded the title of ‘Nritya Choodamani’ by the Sri Krishna Gana Sabha of Madras.
Sobha Naidu – Renowned Kuchipudi dance exponent.
3. According to Arton Capital, what is the rank of India in Passport Index?
Answer: C) 58
|2nd||Japan ,Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Ireland, South Korea and Australia.|
|3rd||Sweden, Belgium, France, Finland, Italy, Spain|
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. The World Bank approved how much amount to help developing countries purchase novel coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines and treatments?
A) USD 10 billion
B) USD 8 billion
C) USD 6 billion
D) USD 12 billion
Answer: D) USD 12 billion
World Bank – $12 bn to help developing countries get Covid vaccines.
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
5. Vivifi India Finance has launched a payment option that offers credit using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI). Which is the name of that payment option?
Answer: B) FlexPay
Vivifi India Finance – FlexPay – credit using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
6. Who is appointed as Brand Ambassador of Cello Group?
A) Aamir Khan
B) Ranbir Kapoor
C) Amitabh Bachchan
D) Akshay Kumar
Answer: C) Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan – Brand Ambassador of Cello Group.
7. The tenure of NTPC Ltd chairman and managing director till 31 July 2025. Who is CMD of NTPC?
A) Manoj Sinha
B) Sumit Deb
C) Pramod Bhasin
D) Gurdeep Singh
Answer: D) Gurdeep Singh
Gurdeep Singh – The tenure of NTPC Ltd chairman and managing director till 31 July 2025.
8. Who won first prize in the national-level Ayush Sanjivani quiz contest on MyGov platform?
A) Himanshu Gupta.
C) Dr. Mrinmayee
D) Nisha Tamal
Answer: D) Nisha Tamal
|2nd||Dr. Mrinmayee, Rohit and Himanshu Gupta.|
|3rd||Emily Vasantha Manogary, Dr Nidhi Garg, Vedika Gupta, Pooja Goswami, and Anshu Tiwari.|
Nisha Tamal – first prize in the national-level Ayush Sanjivani quiz contest on MyGov platform.
9. Mrs. Seema Gupta won GOLD Stevie® Award in the LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT- BUSINESS category in the 17th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business. She is Director (Operations) of which company?
Answer: A) POWERGRID
Mrs. Seema Gupta – GOLD Stevie® Award in the LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT- BUSINESS category.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. Which University develops a new method to test for virus and antibodies using holographic images?
A) New York University
B) Stanford University
C) Harvard University
D) California Institute of Technology
Answer: A) New York University
New York University – New method to test for virus and antibodies using holographic images.
11. NASA Launches Nano Satellite Developed by Three Tamil Nadu Students into Sub-orbit. What is the name of that statelite?
A) India Sat
B) Nano Sat
C) Moon Sat
D) Orbit Sat
Answer: A) India Sat
The three students — M. Adnaan of Thanthonrimalai, M. Kesavan of Nagampalli and V. Arun of Thennilai.
NASA – Launch Nano Satellite Developed by Three Tamil Nadu Students into Sub-orbit.
12. A Russian Soyuz spacecraft carrying howmany cosmonauts blasted off from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan to International Space Station?
Answer: C) 3
Kate Rubins – USA.
Sergey Ryzhikov and Sergey Kud-Sverchkov – Russia.
Russian + US astronauts – International Space Station from the Baikonur space launch facility.
Currency : Russian Ruble
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
13. India provides how much amount for palestinian refugees who have been facing extreme challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
A) USD 2 million
B) USD 1 million
C) USD 3 million
D) USD 5 million
Answer: B) USD 1 million
India – provide USD 1 million for palestinian refugees.
14. India signed MoU with which country to promote cooperation in surface and groundwater training, education and research to achieve water security? A) Australia
D) New Zealand
Answer: A) Australia
India + Australia – promote cooperation in surface and groundwater training, education and research to achieve water security.
Currency : Australian Dollar
15. Which country is re-elected as the President of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) for a term of two years?
Answer: A) India
France – Co- President of the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
India – The President of the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
16. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release a commemorative coin to mark 75th anniversary of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). What is the denomination of this coin?
A) Rs. 25
B) Rs. 50
C) Rs. 75
D) Rs. 100
Answer: C) Rs. 75
PM – To release commemorative Rs 75 coin to mark 75th anniversary of FAO.
17. Which State/UT Pollution Control Committee issued directions banning the use of diesel generators in the State/UT?
B) Jammu & Kashmir
D) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Answer: A) Delhi
Delhi pollution body – Ban use of diesel generators till further orders.
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
18. Which state government provides full sponsorship to students who aspire to join civil and other central services?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Mizoram
Mizoram – Announce full scholarship to facilitate UPSC aspirants.
Capital : Aizawl
CM : Zoramthanga
Governor : PS Sreedharan Pillai
19. Tata Power develops how much MW solar project in Dholera Solar Park of Gujarat?
Answer: B) 100-MW
Tata Power has received a Letter of Award (LOA) from the Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (GUVNL) to develop a 100-MW solar project in Dholera Solar Park of Gujarat.
Tata Power – develop 100-MW solar project in Gujarat.
20. Shripad Yesso Naik has inaugurated the Regional Raw Drug Repository (RRDR) for Ayush systems of medicine in which state?
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Tamil Nadu
Ayush (Ayurveda Yoga and Naturopathy Unani Sidda Homoeopathy) minister Shripad Yesso Naik has inaugurated the Regional Raw Drug Repository (RRDR) for Ayush systems of medicine at the National Institute of Siddha in Tamil Nadu.
Ayush ministry – Raw drug repository for medicinal plant cultivation in Tamil Nadu.
Ministers of State AYUSH and Defence:
Minister : Shripad Yesso Naik
Constituency: North Goa, Goa
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
21. Water taxi service to be launched in which place?
A) Alappuzha, Kerala
B) Kochi, Kerala
C) Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
D) Kozhikode, Kerala
Answer: A) Alappuzha, Kerala
Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will launch a water taxi service of the State Water Transport Department (SWTD) in Alappuzha.
Water taxi service – Alappuzha, Kerala.
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan