Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 11 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. International Girl Child Day is observed on October 11. What is the theme of that day?
A) “My voice, our equal future’
B) “My voice, our equal Present’
C) “My voice, our equal Past’
D) “My voice, our equal Learn’
Answer: A) “My voice, our equal future’
2. Nihal Sarin emerged winner in the Chess.com’s 2020 Junior Speed Online Championship beating Alexey Sarana. Alexey Sarana is related to which country?
Answer: C) Russia
Nihal Sarin – Winner in Chess.com’s 2020 Junior Speed Online Championship – beating Alexey Sarana.
Capital : Moscow
Currency : Russian Ruble
3. Who won women’s doubles title in the French Open?
A) Timea Babos and Kristina Mladenovic
B) Alexa Guarachi and Desirae Krawczyk
C) Timea Babos and Desirae Krawczyk
D) Kristina Mladenovic and Alexa Guarachi
Answer: A) Timea Babos and Kristina Mladenovic
Winner – Timea Babos and Kristina Mladenovic.
Runner – Alexa Guarachi and Desirae Krawczyk.
Timea Babos and Kristina Mladenovic – women’s doubles title in the French Open – Defeated Alexa Guarachi and Desirae Krawczyk.
4. Who won frantic Eifel Grand Prix?
A) Sergio Perez
B) Daniel Ricciardo
C) Lewis Hamilton
D) Max Verstappen
Answer: C) Lewis Hamilton
|1st Rank||Lewis Hamilton|
|2nd Rank||Max Verstappen|
|3rd Rank||Daniel Ricciardo|
4. Priscilla Jana passed away. He is human rights lawyer of which country?
A) South Africa
C) New Zealand
Answer: A) South Africa
Priscilla Jana – Renowned Indian-origin South African human rights lawyer.
Captial: Pretoria (administrative/executive), Cape Town (legislative), Bloemfontein (judicial)
Currency : South African rand(ZAR)
5. Savithri Vaithi passed away. He is related to which field?
D) Flim Maker
Answer: B) Philanthropist
Savithri Vaithi – Renowned philanthropist and social worker.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. According to which report, India will become the world’s third largest economy by 2050?
A) World Bank
B) Asian Development Bank
D) World Economic Forum
Answer: C) Lancet
Lancet – India will become the world’s third largest economy by 2050.
7. Sadyr Japarov is appointed as the new Prime Minister of which country?
A) United Arab Emirates
Answer: C) Kyrgyzstan
Sadyr Japarov – new Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan.
Capital : Bishkek
Currency : Kyrgyzstani som
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. Which IIT incubated startup Nanosafe Solutions has developed a range of antimicrobial water storage container based on the inherent antimicrobial properties of copper?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Delhi
C) IIT Hyderabad
D) IIT Mandi
Answer: B) IIT Delhi
Nanosafe Solutions, IIT Delhi – launch anti-fungal water storage container.
9. Kochi-based Startup ASIMOV Robotics launched Advanced version of robot that used to check body temperature of visitors/customers and dispensing sanitiser at the same time. What is the name of that robot?
Answer: D) Sayabot
ASIMOV Robotics, Kochi – Sayabot – used to check body temperature of visitors/customers and dispensing sanitiser at the same time.
10. Which country unveiled intercontinental ballistic missiles named Monster at military parade?
A) North Korea
B) South Korea
C) South Africa
D) South America
Answer: A) North Korea
It also displayed were the Hwasong-15, which is the longest-range missile ever tested by North Korea, and what appeared to be a new submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM).
North Korea – ‘monster’ new intercontinental ballistic missile at parade.
Capital : Pyongyang
Currency : North Korean Won
11. Which Management Association has inaugurated its industry readiness programme with support from entrepreneurs and corporate houses?
Answer: B) Hyderabad
The Hyderabad Management Association – industry readiness programme with support from entrepreneurs and corporate houses.
Capital : Hyderabad
CM : K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor : Tamilisai Soundararajan
12. Which organisation has established an incubation centre to promote entrepreneurship and start-up culture among youngsters in the East and Northeastern regions of the country?
A) IISER, Chennai
B) IISER, Kolkata
C) IISER, Bangalore
D) IISER, Hyderabad
Answer: B) IISER, Kolkata
IISER – The Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research.
IISER Kolkata – incubation centre to boost entrepreneurship.