Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 12 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Arthritis Day is observed on October 12. what is the theme of this day?
Answer: B) Time2Work
2. Who wins 13th French Open in men’s singles beating Novak Djokovic in Paris?
A) John Mcenroe
B) Pete Sampras
C) Andre Agassi
D) Rafael Nadal
Answer: D) Rafael Nadal
Rafael Nadal -13th French Open Men’s singles – beating Novak Djokovic.
3. Carlton Chapman passes away. He is related to which field?
D) Social activist
Answer: A) Sports
- Former Indian football captain Carlton Chapman passed away due to a heart attack in Bengaluru.
- S. Antony – Football coach and Telangana Football Association (TFA) vice-president.
Carlton Chapman – Former Indian football captain.
4. CM Chang passed away. He is Environment Minister of which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Nagaland
- Mohammad Sharief Niaz – Former minister and three-time Congress MLA in J & K.
- Vinod Kumar Singh – Bihar’s backward and extremely backward classes welfare. minister and BJP leader.
CM Chang – the Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, and Justice and Law.
Capital : Kohima
CM : Neiphiu Rio
Governor : R N Ravi
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Which Bank in collaboration with Google Pay and Visa launched of its ACE Credit Card in India?
A) ICICI Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) HDFC Bank
Answer: B) Axis Bank
Axis Bank + Google Pay + Visa = launch a new ACE Credit card.
Hq : Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO : Mr Amitabh Chaudhary
Tagline : Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
6. India and which organisation sign $270 million loan to improve urban services in 64 Madhya Pradesh small cities?
C) World Bank
Answer: A) ADB
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $270 million loan to develop water supply and integrated storm water and sewage management infrastructure and strengthen capacities of urban local bodies (ULBs) for improved service delivery in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
India + ADB = to improve urban services in 64 Madhya Pradesh small cities.
Asian Development Bank:
Hq: Manila, Philippines
Head : Masatsugu Asakawa
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
7. India becomes first nation to be awarded Blue Flag certification for how many beaches?
Answer: D) 8
- Shivrajpur (Dwarka-Gujarat)
- Ghoghla (Diu)
- Kasarkod and Padubidri (Karnataka)
- Kappad (Kerala), Rushikonda (AP)
- Golden Beach (Odisha)
- Radhanagar (A&N Islands)
Blue Flag certification – 8 Beaches.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. Intel , PHFI,Telangana government and which organization set up a new ‘Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Centre’ to focus on leveraging AI to solve challenges in key sectors?
A) IIIT Bangalore
B) IIIT Hyderabad
C) IIIT Mumbai
D) IIIT Kolkata
Answer: B) IIIT Hyderabad
- PHFI – Public Health Foundation of India.
- Intel, jointly with the government and IIIT Hyderabad, is working on solutions at its artificial intelligence research centre to reduce road accidents and enhance its datasets for driving conditions in India.
Intel + PHFI + Telangana government + IIIT Hyderabad – a new ‘Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) Research Centre’.
9. Which IIT has developed a food wrapping material to prevent packaged food contamination by bacteria as well as reduce the plastic waste generated in the environment when disposing the wrappers?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Guwahati
C) IIT Hyderabad
D) IIT Bombay
Answer: A) IIT Madras
IIT Madras – anti-bacterial, biodegradable food wrapping material – to improve shelf life of food.
10. The EXIM Bank of India signs Line of Credit pact with Maldives for howmuch amount for funding the Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP)?
A) $ 100 million
B) $ 400 million
C) $ 200 million
D) $ 300 million
Answer: B) $ 400 million
India + Maldives – $ 400 million – the Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP).
Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
11. India and which country think tanks join hands to foster cooperation in Indo-Pacific region?
D) New Zealand
Answer: B) Taiwan
India + Taiwan = to foster cooperation in Indo-Pacific region.
Capital : Taipei
Currency : New Taiwan Dollar
12. Tamil Nadu signs how many MoUs worth Rs 10,000 cr to create 7,000 new jobs?
Answer: C) 14
In a move that would help create 7,000 additional direct jobs in the state, the Tamil Nadu government on Monday signed 14 memorandums of understanding (MoUs), for investments worth over Rs 10,000 crore, with companies including JSW Renew, Britannia, Apollo Tyres, Li-Energy for EV battery packs, Britannia and Hyundai Wia.
Tamil Nadu – 14 MoUs worth Rs 10,000 cr to create 7,000 new jobs.
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
13. Which state has become the first state in the country to have high-tech classrooms in all its public schools?
B) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Kerala
Kerala – introduce high-tech digital classrooms in all public schools.
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
14. Uttar Pradesh has launched a mission will dedicate the upcoming Navratri festival to women’s safety, dignity and empowerment. What is the name of that mission?
A) Mission Navratri
B) Mission Safety
C) Mission Shakti
D) Mission Life
Answer: C) Mission Shakti
The initiative will begin in ‘Shardiya Navratri’ and will continue for the next six months till the ‘Chaitra Navratri’ in April.
Uttar Pradesh – to launch Mission Shakti for women in Navratri.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
15. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a commemorative coin in honour of Vijaya Raje Scindia . What is the amount of that coin?
A) Rs. 100
B) Rs. 500
C) Rs. 1000
D) Rs. 2000
Answer: A) Rs. 100
PM Modi – release commemorative coin in honour of Vijaya Raje Scindia – Rs. 100.
16. The government announced a one-time how much amount interest-free festival advance to all its officers and employees?
A) Rs 10,000
B) Rs 20,000
C) Rs 50,000
D) Rs 100,000
Answer: A) Rs 10,000
- This Rs 10,000 advance will come as a pre-paid rupay card, which can be availed and spent by March 31, 2021.
- The repayment will be in 10 installments, she said adding that Rs 4,000 crore is likely to be spent on this.
Government – announce Rs 10,000 interest-free festival advance to employees.
17. Rajnath Singh laid the foundation stone of the Nechiphu Tunnel in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh. What is the length of this tunnel?
Answer: C) 450m
- Rajnath Singh dedicates 44 bridges to the nation located in seven states & UTs.
- These new bridges are located in Ladakh, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir.
- Eight bridges in Ladakh, that were built at a cost of 45 Crore.
Rajnath Singh – Foundation stone of Nechiphu Tunnel on road to China border in Arunachal Pradesh.
Capital : Itanagar
CM : Pema Khandu
Governor : B.D. Mishra
Ministry of Defence:
Minister : Rajnath Singh
Constituency : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh