Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 20 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Naturopathy Day on November 18. This year in which edition?
Answer: C) 3
3rd Naturopathy Day – November 18 – “Nurturing Vitality through Naturopathy”.
2. ICC postpones women’s T20 World Cup from 2022 to 2023 due to Covid-19. This game is started in which date?
A) February 12
B) February 9
C) February 10
D) February 15
Answer: B) February 9
- The South African edition of the Women’s T20 World Cup was postponed by three months to February 2023 to avoid a cluster a big-ticket events in 2022 and manage players’ workload, International Cricket Council (ICC) announced.
- In August this year, the ICC had postponed the 50 over Women’s World Cup slated in New Zealand from 2021 to 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and women’s T20 cricket is also set to make its debut in the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games..
- The Board confirmed that the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup will move from its current slot at the end of 2022 to 9-26 February 2023.
ICC – Postpone women’s T20 World Cup from 2022 to 2023 due to Covid-19.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. The Government of India, the Government of Meghalaya and the World Bank signed how much amount project to improve and modernise the transport sector of state of Meghalaya?
A) $220 million
B) $120 million
C) $320 million
D) $420 million
Answer: B) $120 million
- The project will improve about 300 km of strategic road segments and stand-alone bridges by using innovative, climate resilient, and nature-based solutions.
- It will also support innovative solutions such as precast bridges to reduce both time and cost of construction.
GoI + World Bank + Meghalaya = $120 million – to improve and modernise the transport sector.
CM : Conrad Sangma
Governor : Satya Pal Malik
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
4. The RBI has imposed a penalty of how much amount on Manappuram Finance, Thrissur for non-compliance with directions on verification of ownership of gold jewellery?
A) Rs 25 lakh
B) Rs 15 lakh
C) Rs 10 lakh
D) Rs 5 lakh
Answer: D) Rs 5 lakh
- The RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 10 lakh on Muthoot Finance, Ernakulam, for non-compliance with directions on maintaining loan to value ratio in gold loans and on obtaining copy of PAN card of the borrower while granting gold loans of over Rs 5 lakh.
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed monetary penalty on six entities, including Sodexo SVC India, Muthoot Vehicle and Asset Finance, QwikCilver Solutions, Phonepe, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, and Punjab National Bank.
- In exercise of powers vested under Section 30 of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act 2007, the RBI has imposed monetary penalty on the entities for non-compliance of regulatory guidelines.
- It imposed a monetary penalty of ₹2 crore on Sodexo SVC, ₹1.39 crore on PhonePe, ₹1 crore on QwikCilver Solutions, ₹34.55 lakh on Muthoot Vehicle and Asset Finance and ₹5 lakh on DMRC. All of these are under the category of non-bank prepaid payment instrument issuers.
- It also imposed a penalty of ₹1 crore on Punjab National Bank as an ATM network operator.
RBI – Rs 5 lakh on Manappuram Finance for non-compliance with directions on verification of ownership of gold jewellery.
Reserve Bank of India:
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
5. The Asian Development Bank has approved a USD 50 million loan to improve operational efficiencies and resource planning and management in which state?
B) West Bengal
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) West Bengal
ADB – $50 mn loan to improve resource planning in West Bengal.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank:
Hq : Beijing, China
Head : Jin Liqun
Capital : Kolkata
CM : Mamata Banerjee
Governor : Jagdeep Dhankhar
6. Life Insurance Corporation of India has launched a digital application for agents for on boarding to get a life insurance policy.what is the name of that application?
Answer: D) ANANDA
- Life Insurance Corporation of India has launched a digital application for agents for onboarding to get a life insurance policy.
- The Digital Application is called “ANANDA”, which is an acronym for Atma Nirbhar Agents NewBusiness Digital Application.
- The Digital application is a tool for the onboarding process to get the life insurance policy through a paperless module with the help of the agent or intermediary.
- LIC – Digital application tool ANANDA for agents.
Life Insurance Corporation:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman :M R Kumar
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
7. South Indian Bank acquires how much percent stake in IBBIC Pvt Ltd for Rs 5 lakh?
Answer: C) 6.67%
- The South Indian Bank has become one of the initial subscribers to the Memorandum and Articles of Association of IBBIC Private Limited (IBBIC) for a cash consideration of Rs 5 lakh.
- Earlier on Friday, Axis Bank also announced that it will acquire a 6.67 per cent stake in IBBIC for Rs 5 lakh.
- South Indian Bank – Acquire 6.67% stake in IBBIC Pvt Ltd for Rs 5 lakh.
South Indian Bank:
Hq: Thrissur, Kerala
CEO : Murali Ramakrishnan
Tagline: Experience Next Generation Banking
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
8. Rajnath Singh unveiled two books ‘The Republican Ethic Volume III’ and ‘Loktantra Ke Swar’ which are collection of selected speeches of whom?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Ramnath Kovind
C) Venkaiah Naidu
D) Amit Shah
Answer: B) Ramnath Kovind
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled two books ‘The Republican Ethic Volume III’ and ‘Loktantra Ke Swar’ which are collection of selected speeches of President Ram Nath Kovind during the third year of his presidency.
- Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar unveiled the e-book versions of the two books.
- Rajnath Singh – two books named books ‘The Republican Ethic Volume III’ and ‘Loktantra Ke Swar’.
Ministry of Defence:
Minister : Rajnath Singh
Constituency : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting:
Minister : Prakash Javadekar
Constituency :Rajya Sabha MP, Maharastra
9. Girish Chandra Murmu has been elected as External Auditor of Inter Parliamentary Union (IPU). He served as Lt Governor of which state/UT?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: A) Jammu & Kashmir
- Comptroller & Auditor General (CAG) of India, Girish Chandra Murmu has been elected as External Auditor of Inter Parliamentary Union (IPU), Geneva for a three-year term.
- The election took place at the virtual meeting of 284th session of the IPU, which is a 179 countries Parliamentarians body, also having 13 Associate Members.
- The IPU has permanent observer status at the United Nations General Assembly,
He is the external auditor of the World Health Organization, Geneva and Food & Agriculture Organization, Rome.
- The IPU is a global inter-parliamentary institution established in 1889 by France and UK. It was the first permanent forum for political multilateral negotiations. Initially, the organisation was for individual parliamentarians but has since transformed into an international organisation of the parliaments of sovereign states.
- The IPU facilitates parliamentary diplomacy and empowers parliaments and parliamentarians to promote peace, democracy and sustainable development around the world.
India’s CAG Murmu – External Auditor of Inter Parliamentary Union, Geneva.
10. Which Ministry will be conferred with the Vatayan Lifetime Achievement Award at a virtual ceremony?
A) Education Ministry
B) Women & Child Development Ministry
C) Finance Ministry
D) Home Ministry
Answer: A) Education Ministry
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ will be conferred with the Vatayan Lifetime Achievement Award at a virtual ceremony
- This award will be another in the list of many other national and international awards and honours conferred to the Minister for writing, poetry and other literary works.
- Shri Pokhriyal has earlier received several awards in the field of literature and administration including Sahitya Bharati Award by the then Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Sahitya Gaurav Samman by Former President Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Bharat Gaurav Samman, Good Governance Award by Dubai Government, outstanding Achievement Award by Global Organization of Person of Indian Origin by Mauritius, awarded in Ukraine in the area of environmental protection, among others. Shri Nishank is also honoured with “Himal Gaurav Samman” by Nepal.
- The German version ‘nureinWunsch” of Shri Nishank’s story collection ‘Just a Desire’, is published in Afro Asian Institute, Hamburg.
Vatayan International Awards:
- Vatayan International Awards given by the Vatayan-UK organization in London, honours poets, writers and artists for their exemplary work in their respective fields.
- Earlier manyeminent personalities like Prasoon Joshi, Javed Akhtar have been awarded the Vatayan Awards for their literary contribution.
Education Ministry – The Vatayan Lifetime Achievement Award.
Minister : Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
Constituency : Hardwar, Uttarakhand
11. How many districts won the Swachhata Awards 2020 for making significant contribution towards ODF Sustainability and ODF Plus goals?
Answer: A) 20
- Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and the Minister of State, Jal Shakti, Shri Rattan Lal Kataria conferred the Swachhata Awards 2020 on the 20 best performing districts for making significant contribution towards ODF Sustainability and ODF Plus goals on the occasion of World Toilet Day
- These awards were given at a virtual ceremony organized by Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti and saw the online participation by Central, State and District SBMG officials.
- The 20 awardee districts are namely West Godavari and East Godavari (Andhra Pradesh), Siang (Arunachal Pradesh), Kanker and Bemetara (Chhattisgarh);Vadodara and Rajkot (Gujarat); Bhiwana and Rewari (Haryana); Ernakulam and Wayanad (Kerala);Kolhapur and Nashik (Maharashtra); Kolasib and Serchhip (Mioram); Moga and Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab); Siddipet and Peddapalli (Telangana); and Cooch Behar (West Bengal).
- 20 Districts – The Swachhata Awards 2020.
Jal Shakti Ministry:
Minister : Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Constituency : Jodhpur, Rajasthan
12. Douglas Stuart has won the 2020 Booker Prize for fiction with his debut novel Shuggie Bain. He is related to which country?
Answer: B) America
Scottish writer Douglas Stuart has won the 2020 Booker Prize for fiction with his debut novel Shuggie Bain, which described a boy growing up in Glasgow in the 1980s with a mother battling addiction.
The Booker Prize:
- First awarded in 1969, The Booker Prize is considered one of the leading prizes for literary fiction written in English.
- The list of former winners features several of the literary giants of the last five decades: from Iris Murdoch to Salman Rushdie, Kazuo Ishiguro to Hilary Mantel.
13. The Green Climate Fund has approved how much amount for Bangladesh in grants and loans to meet its Green House Gas (GHG) emission reduction targets under the Paris agreement?
A) $ 456 million
B) $ 356 million
C) $ 256 million
D) $ 156 million
Answer: C) $ 256 million
The Green Climate Fund:
- GCF was set up under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in 2010 as the world’s largest dedicated fund to help developing countries reduce their carbon emissions.
- Dollar 1 billion funding approved by GCF in its 27th board meeting for financing low-emission, climate-resilient development in the developing countries.
- Green Climate Fund – USD 256 million for Bangladesh.
Capital : Dhaka
Currency : Bangladeshi Taka
14. India and which country sign pact on cyber tech to ensure free, secure Internet?
Answer: C) Australia
India + Australia – Cyber tech to ensure free, secure Internet.
Currency : Australian Dollar
15. Which country provides $526,000 aid for UN’s Libyan political dialogue program?
Answer: B) Italy
The UN Development Program (UNDP) announced that Italy has supported the Libyan political dialogue program by providing a financial aid of 450,000 euros ($526,000 ).
Italy – Provide $526,000 aid for UN’s Libyan political dialogue program.
Capital : Rome
Currency : Euro
16. Which edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy took in Indian ocean region?
Answer: C) 30th
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Karmuk, an indigenously built Missile Corvette and His Majesty’s Thailand Ship (HTMS) Kraburi, a Chao Phraya Class Frigate along with Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both the navies are participating in the CORPAT.
- Indo-Thai CORPAT – The 30th edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol in Indian ocean region.
Capital : Bangkok
Currency : Thai bhat
17. Andhra Pradesh launched scheme to issue identity cards and provide Rs 10,000 interest-free loans to street vendors. What is the name of that scheme?
A) Jagananna Paadhu
B) Jagananna Thodu
C) Jagananna Sudhu
D) Jagananna Pagudhu
Answer: B) Jagananna Thodu
Andhra Pradesh – launch Jagananna Thodu to provide interest-free loans to street vendors.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
18. Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with his Bhutanese counterpart Lotay Tshering will on Friday launch RuPay card Phase-II that will allow Bhutanese card holders to access RuPay network in India.what is the currency of Bhutan?
Answer: A) Ngultrum
Capital : Thimphu
Currency : Bhutanese ngultrum
Modi + Bhutanese PM – Launch RuPay card Phase-II.
19. Which organization collaborates with IITs, other engineering institutes for adoption of NH stretches?
Answer: B) NHAI
- The NHAI on Friday said it has introduced an initiative under which reputed technical institutes like IITs can adopt nearby stretches of national highways on voluntary basis under institution social responsibility.
- A total of 18 IITs (including IIT Roorkee, IIT Bombay, IIT Varanasi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur), 26 National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and 190 other reputed engineering colleges have agreed to collaborate.
- About 200 institutes have already signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
Over 300 institutes are expected to collaborate to adopt national highway (NH) stretches.
- NHAI – Collaborate with IITs, other engineering institutes for adoption of NH stretches.
Headquarters : New Delhi
Chairman : Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
20. The Rail Coach Factory (RCF) Kapurthala has rolled out a semi high-speed double-decker coach. What is the speed of this coach?
A) 150 Kmph
B) 120 Kmph
C) 160 Kmph
D) 180 Kmph
Answer: C) 160 Kmph
Railways – Double-decker Coach With 160 Kmph Speed Potential.
21. The Union Agriculture Ministry has given nod for subsidised loans worth Rs 3,971.31 crore for implementing micro-irrigation projects. Out of these, how much amount given to Tamil Nadu?
A) Rs 1,357.93 crore
B) Rs 790.94 crore
C) Rs 276.55 crore
D) Rs 150 crore
Answer: A) Rs 1,357.93 crore
- The Union Agriculture Ministry has given nod for subsidised loans worth Rs 3,971.31 crore for implementing micro-irrigation projects.
- The interest subvented loans are being offered under Micro Irrigation Fund (MIF) created with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) for implementing micro-irrigation projects.
- Maximum loan of Rs 1,357.93 crore has been approved for Tamil Nadu, followed by Rs 790.94 crore for Haryana, Rs 764.13 crore for Gujarat, Rs 616.13 crore for Andhra Pradesh, Rs 276.55 crore for West Bengal, Rs 150 crore for Punjab and Rs 15.63 crore for Uttarakhand.
- NABARD has so far released a total loan amount of Rs 1,754.60 crore to the states. Of this, about Rs 659.70 crore has been released to Haryana, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat.
- About Rs 616.13 crore loan has been released to Andhra Pradesh, Rs 937.47 crore to Tamil Nadu, Rs 21.57 crore to Haryana and Rs 179.43 crore to Gujarat so far..
- Govt – Subsidised loans worth Rs 3,971.31 cr for micro-irrigation projects.
22. Which state has signed an MoU with Prasanti Medical Services and Research Foundation (PMSRF) for extension of free cardiac treatment services to the poor children?
B) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Odisha
Odisha + PMSRF – Free cardiac treatment of children.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal