Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 08 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. The Raising day of Army Service Corps is observed on which date?
A) December 6
B) December 7
C) December 8
D) December 9
Answer: C) December 8
- The oldest and the largest administrative service of the Army, the Army Service Corps (ASC) is celebrating its raising day Dec 8.
- The ASC is mainly responsible for provisioning, procurement and distribution of supplies and petroleum products to the Army, Air Force, Navy and other Para-military forces.
- On 8th December 1950, the word ‘Royal’ was dropped from the nomenclature of Army Service Corps and since then the day has been celebrated as it’s raising Day.
- 2020 – 260th edition
December 8 -The Raising day of Army Service Corps.
2. Which team won T20I of three-match series in Sydney against India?
B) New Zealand
Answer A) Australia
- Australia won T20I of three-match series in Sydney against India.
- Virat Kohli became the first India captain to win T20I series in all SENA countries.
- Kohli also the first India captain to register series wins in all 3 formats in Australia.
Australia – won T20I of three-match series in Sydney -India (Defeated).
3. Udyavara Madhava Acharya passed away, He was related to which field?
Answer: A) Artist
- Well-known poet, short story writer, choreographer, director, and theatre artist Udyavara Madhava Acharya of Udupi passed away.
Udyavara Madhava Acharya – Well-known poet, short story writer, choreographer, director, and theatre artist.
4. Chuck Yeager passed away. He was related to which country?
Answer: A) USA
- Chuck Yeager, the pilot who took aviation to the doorstep of space by becoming the first person to break the sound barrier more than 70 years ago, died
Gen Chuck Yeager – first pilot to break sound barrier.
5. According to Truecaller, what is the rank of India in spammed countries in 2020?
Answer: D) 9
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved how much amount technical assistance to support advanced biofuel development in India?
A) $2.5 million
B) $1.5 million
C) $3.5 million
D) $4.5 million
Answer: A) $2.5 million
Asian Development Bank – Approved $2.5 million technical assistance to support advanced biofuel development in India.
7. Bank of Baroda (BoB) has launched the Atmanirbhar Women Scheme as part of its Baroda Gold Loan. Under the scheme, the bank is offering loans at how much per cent concession for women?
B) 0.5 %
Answer: B) 0.5 %
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) has launched the Atmanirbhar Women Scheme as part of its Baroda Gold Loan.
- Under the scheme, the bank is offering loans at 0.50 per cent concession for women.
The bank under the gold loan scheme is also offering agri-gold loan at 0.25 percent concession and for retail loan at 0.50 per cent concession.
Bank of Baroda:
HQ: Vadodara, Gujarat
MD and CEO: Sanjiv Chadha
Tagline: India’s International Bank
Bank of Baroda (BoB) – Atmanirbhar Women Scheme as part of its Baroda Gold Loan.
8. NBCFDC, NSFDC in pact with which bank for interest subvention scheme named “VISVAS yojana”?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) State Bank of India
C) Central Bank of India
D) HDFC bank
Answer: C) Central Bank of India
- Implementation of Interest subvention Scheme of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India –Vanchit Ikai Samooh aur Vargon ki Aarthik Sahayta (VISVAS) Yojana for financial empowerment of economically marginalized OBC/SC SHGs & Individuals got a major boost with signing of Memorandum of Agreements (MoAs) by National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC) and National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) with Central Bank of India a premier and leading Public Sector Bank.
- The scheme will benefit OBC/SC SHGs with loans/borrowings up to Rs.4.00 Lakh and OBC/SC individuals with loan/borrowing up to Rs.2.00 Lakh with a quick interest subvention benefit of 5% directly into the standard accounts of borrowing SHGs/beneficiaries.
Central Bank of India:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO: Pallav Mohapatra
Tagline: Central to you since 1911
NBCFDC + NSFDC + Central Bank of India – interest subvention scheme named “VISVAS yojana”.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
9. PwC India has announced the rollout of a strategic collaboration with which organisation and YuWaah (Generation Unlimited in India) to help bridge the digital gap?
Answer: D) UNICEF
- PwC India has announced the rollout of a strategic collaboration with UNICEF and YuWaah (Generation Unlimited in India) to help bridge the digital gap.
- Under the initiative, 300 million young people in India will be upskilled over the next 10 years.
PwC India + UNICEF + YuWaah – upskill 300 million youth in India over next decade.
10. Sheikh Sabah al-Khalid al-Sabah is appointed as Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: A) Kuwait
Capital: Kuwait city
Currency: The Kuwaiti Dinar
Sheikh Sabah al-Khalid – PM of Kuwait.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. Which IIT has developed novel materials that can efficiently harvest water from humid air?
A) IIT Kharagpur
B) IIT Kanpur
C) IIT Guwahati
D) IIT Madras
Answer: C) IIT Guwahati
- Researchers at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati have developed novel materials that can efficiently harvest water from humid air.
- The research has also been published in the reputed international journal of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- IIT Guwahati – develop efficient method to harvest drinking water from air
IIT Guwahati – Developed novel materials, harvest water from humid air.
12. Which University developed an ultrasensitive test using a paper-based electrochemical sensor which is capable of detecting the presence of the coronavirus in mere five minutes?
A) University of Cambridge
B) University of Edinburgh
C) University College London
D) University of Illinois Grainger College of Engineering
Answer: D) University of Illinois Grainger College of Engineering
University of Illinois Grainger College of Engineering – new method to detect Covid-19 in less than five minutes.
13. The World Economic Forum will hold its 2021 annual meeting in which place instead of Davos, Switzerland which is battling a surge in coronavirus infections?
Answer: B) Singapore
- The World Economic Forum will hold its 2021 annual meeting in Singapore instead of its traditional home of Switzerland, which is battling a surge in coronavirus infections.
- The annual meeting will be held in Singapore May 13 to 16 and return to Davos-Klosters, Switzerland in 2022
- WEF – Annual Meeting held in Singapore next year instead of Davos due to Covid-19
Currency: Singapore Dollar
Singapore – The World Economic Forum will hold its 2021 annual meeting.
14. India donated how much amount to complete the construction of Palestine-India Techno Park for Palestinian IT entrepreneurs connecting them to the local, regional and global markets?
A) $2 million
B) $3 million
C) $1 million
D) $5 million
Answer: B) $3 million
- India donated the final tranche of $3 million to complete the construction of Palestine-India Techno Park, which will serve as a launching pad for Palestinian IT entrepreneurs connecting them to the local, regional and global markets.
- The latest of the four contributions completes India’s commitment to donate $12 million towards the establishment of the Techno Park in Ramallah, near Bir Zeit University, made in 2016 as part of the bilateral assistance project.
- India – donate $3 million to complete Palestine-India Techno Park
India – $ 3 Million to complete the construction of Palestine-India Techno Park.
15. Which country announces $708 billion in economic stimulus to help recovery from Covid-19?
Answer: D) Japan
Currency: Japanese Yen
Japan – $708 billion in economic stimulus for Covid-19.
16. Which country will become the first country to roll out the Covid-19 vaccine?
Answer: A) UK
The United Kingdom has become the first country in the world to administer the new Covid-19 vaccine developed jointly by the American drug maker Pfizer and Germany’s BioNTech.
Currency: Pound sterling
United Kingdom – First country to roll out the Covid-19 vaccine.
17. Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivers the inaugural address at the virtual India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020. This year in which edition?
Answer: D) 4
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivers the inaugural address at the virtual India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020.
- It is being organised by the Department of Telecommunications, Government of India and the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI).
- PM Modi – address India Mobile Congress 2020.
Narendra Modi – Delivers the inaugural address at the virtual India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020.
18. Health Ministry develops mobile app for real-time monitoring of Covid-19 vaccination. What is the name of the application?
Answer: B) Co-WIN
The Union Health Ministry has developed a digital platform, including a mobile application, for real-time monitoring of COVID-19 vaccine delivery, recording data and to enable people to get themselves registered for vaccination.
Health and Family Welfare, Science and Technology; and Earth Sciences.
Minister: Dr Harshavardhan
Constituency: Chandni Chowk, Delhi
Health Ministry – “Co-WIN”, mobile app for real-time monitoring of Covid-19 vaccination.