Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 29 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Heart Day is observed on which date?
A) September 29
B) September 24
C) September 27
D) September 28
Answer: A) September 29
2. The 2023 World Table Tennis Championships will host in which country?
A) Tokyo, Japan
B) Dubai, UAE
C) Manila, Philippines
D) Durban, South Africa
Answer: D) Durban, South Africa
- South Africa will also play host to the 2023 Netball World Cup.
- The 2023 World Table Tennis Championships – Durban, South Africa.
3. Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah passed away. He was ruler of which country?
Answer: C) Kuwait
Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah – The ruler of Kuwait
4. Syeda Anwara Taimur passed away. She is only woman Chief Minister of which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Assam
Syeda Anwara Taimur – only woman Chief Minister of Assam
5. Who is topped in Hurun India Rich list 2020?
A) Gautam Adani
B) Shiv Nadar
C) Hinduja Brothers
D) Mukesh Ambani
Answer: D) Mukesh Ambani
|1st||Mukesh Ambani||Reliance Industries||Rs 6,58,400 crore|
|2nd||Hinduja Brothers||Hinduja group||Rs 1,43,700 crore|
|3rd||Shiv Nadar||HCL Technologies||Rs 1,41,700 crore|
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. Which e-platform partners with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company to offer ‘Digital Suraksha Group Insurance’ for customers to cover online financial frauds?
Answer: B) Flipkart
Customers can opt for a one-year cover at premiums as low as Rs 183 for a cover of Rs 50,000.
Flipkart + Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company = launch insurance to cover online financial frauds.
7. Which bank launched “document embedding” provides banks with the functionality of transmitting a “pdf” document up to 1MB size along with the LC / BG messages?
A) ICICI Bank
B) IDBI Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Answer: B) IDBI Bank
IDBI Bank – Implement ‘document embedding’ facility.
8. The Reserve Bank of India has decided to continue with the relaxation of the marginal standing facility till which year?
A) January 2021
B) February 2021
C) March 2021
D) April 2021
Answer: C) March 2021
RBI – to continue with the relaxation of the marginal standing facility till March 2021.
9. S S Deswal has been given additional charge of National Security Guard DG. He is also Chief of which armed forces?
D) Indian Army
Answer: A) ITBP
- ITBP Director General S S Deswal has been given the additional charge of counter-terrorism force National Security Guard (NSG) as its incumbent chief A K Singh is going to retire on September 30.
- S S Deswal – Additional charge of National Security Guard DG.
10. Actor Sonu Sood has been conferred with the prestigious SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award by which organisation?
Answer: A) UNDP
Actor Sonu Sood who is often dubbed as the “messiah of migrants” for his philanthropic work during coronavirus induced lockdown, has been conferred with the prestigious SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Sonu Sood – SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award by UNDP.
11. Which state Government has bagged 8 awards in Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan launched by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation under the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh – 8 awards in Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan (GKRA)
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
12. Garvan Institute of Medical Research has developed a new smartphone app that can analyse the genome of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19 within minutes. What is the name of that app?
Answer: B) Genopo
- Garvan Institute of Medical Research – Australia.
- Garvan Institute of Medical Research – Genopo – Analyse coronavirus genome in minutes.
13. Which country plans to send an unmanned spacecraft to the moon in 2024?
Answer: B) UAE
United Arab Emirates – to launch spacecraft to moon in 2024.
14. India has launched Green Strategic Partnership with which country two aim to be at forefront of the global fight against the Climate Change?
A) New Zealand
Answer: D) Denmark
India & Denmark – launch Green Strategic Partnership eyeing fight against Climate Change.
15. India provides a Dornier maritime surveillance aircraft to Which country to help monitor movement of Chinese vessels in regional waters?
D) The Maldives
Answer: D) The Maldives
India provided a Dornier maritime surveillance aircraft to the Maldives National Defence Force (MDNF) that is expected to boost efforts to keep a closer eye on the movement of Chinese vessels in regional waters.
India – Provide Dornier to Maldives – will help monitor movement of Chinese vessels.
16. Which organisation is embarking on a Sanitation Literacy to promote literacy on ‘WASH’ in 2,000 villages across the country covering one lakh rural population?
Answer: A) NABARD
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, NABARD is embarking on a Sanitation Literacy Campaign in Karnataka to create awareness on good hygiene and sanitation practices among rural masses.
- The campaign will commence on Gandhi Jayanti on October 2nd and continue until January 26th next year.
- ‘WASH’ – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene.
NABARD – To undertake Sanitation Literacy Campaign in 2,000 villages.
17. Andhra Pradesh released Rs 6,790 cr for women through YSR Cheyutha scheme. Under this Scheme, Each Women get how much amount for handholding for their business needs?
A) Rs 18,000
B) Rs 18,250
C) Rs 18,500
D) Rs 18,750
Answer: D) Rs 18,750
Andhra Pradesh – Rs 6,790 cr released for women through YSR Cheyutha scheme.
18. Which district Police launched a campaign, ‘No Mask, No Ride’ to contain the spread of Coronavirus in the region?
A) Mumbai, Maharashtra
B) Sangli, Maharashtra
C) Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
D) Palghar, Maharashtra
Answer: B) Sangli, Maharashtra
Sangli, Maharashtra – ‘No Mask, No Ride’ to contain the spread of Coronavirus in the region.
19. Which Ministry launched Project Management Information System (P-MIS) portal of the NCRPB to monitor the progress of projects and administering loans?
A) Ministry of Education
B) Ministry of Finance
C) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
D) Ministry of External Affairs
Answer: C) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- NCRPB – National Capital Region Planning Board.
- NCRPB has sanctioned over ₹15,000 crore loan in over ₹31,000-crore worth of projects, and 265 projects of more than ₹18,500 crore are complete and the rest are under construction.
MoHUA – P-MIS portal of NCRPB to monitor the progress of projects and administering loans.
20. Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd is producing 73 Advanced Light Helicopters for armed forces. What is the headquarters of Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd?
A) Mumbai, Maharashtra
B) Kolkata, West Bengal
C) Bangalore, Karnataka
D) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Bangalore, Karnataka
- The company rolled out its 300th Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH-Dhruv).
- The Army – 41
- The Navy – 16
- The Coast Guard – 16
- Out of this, 38 ALHs have already been produced and the remaining will be completed by 2022.
Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd – Produce 73 Advanced Light Helicopters for armed forces.
21. Which state unveils elephant adoption scheme in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Madhya Pradesh
The wildlife conservators can adopt an elephant for Rs 500 for a day to Rs 1.50 lakh for a year to bear medical and food expenses on them.
Madhya Pradesh – elephant adoption scheme in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.