Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 13 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. World Kindness Day is observed on November 13. This day is formed in which year?
Answer: C) 1998
- World Kindness Day is an international holiday that was formed in 1998, to promote kindness throughout the world and is observed annually on November 13 as part of the World Kindness Movement.
- World Kindness Day was first introduced as a day of observation by the World Kindness Movement.
Theme – Kindness: The World We Make – Inspire Kindness.
2. Elijah Manangoi gets two-year ban for anti-doping violation. He is related to which sports?
C) Table Tennis
Answer: D) Athlete
- Former 1,500 metres world champion Elijah Manangoi of Kenya has been handed a two-year ban after missing three tests under whereabouts rules, the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU).
Capital : Nairobi
Currency : Kenyan Shilling
Elijah Manangoi – two-year ban for anti-doping violation.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. IRDAI has released an exposure draft for a standard vector borne disease health policy. What is the minimum insure amount of this policy?
A) Rs. 5000
B) Rs. 10000
C) Rs. 20000
D) Rs. 50000
Answer: B) Rs. 10000
- After bringing in a standard health cover, covid cover, and term cover, now the insurance regulator has released an exposure draft for a standard vector borne disease health policy which will have a minimum sum assured of Rs 10,000 and a maximum of Rs 2 lakh.
- This standard product will, essentially, provide coverage against vector borne diseases such as dengue, malaria, filaria, kala-azar, chikungunya, Japanese Encephalitis, and Zika virus.
IRDAI – Bring in standard vector-borne disease cover of up to Rs 2 lakh.
4. RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 1 crore on PNB for contravention of the nature referred to in Section 26 (6) of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (PSS Act). RBI imposed penalty under which section of Banking Regulation Act 1949?
Answer: A) 46
Punjab National Bank:
HQ: New Delhi
MD & CEO : Sunil Mehta
Tagline: The Name You Can Bank upon
Reserve Bank of India:
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
RBI – impose Rs 1 cr penalty on PNB
5. Which Insurance company in association with Ketto India has initiated a nationwide crowdfunding campaign named #PromisewalaDabba to support Covid-hit Mumbai’s ‘Dabbawalas’?
A) Aegon Life Insurance
B) HDFC Life Insurance
C) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Answer: B) HDFC Life Insurance
HDFC Life + Ketto India – New campaign #PromisewalaDabba to support Covid-hit Mumbai’s ‘Dabbawalas’
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. Which IT industry partnered with the AP government to set up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) in IT?
Answer: B) IBM
- The Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) signed MoUs with the four industry/academic partners — IBM India, Singapore Polytechnic International (SPI), India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) and LV Prasad Film & TV Academy (LVPA).
- IBM India partnered with the AP government to set up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) in IT.
- Singapore Polytechnic International (SPI) partnered with the APSSDC for enabling industry-led courses in advanced manufacturing, food innovation and processing and entrepreneurship to be offered in skill colleges.
- LVPA has partnered with APSSDC to set up and operate a centre of excellence in the media and entertainment sector in Visakhapatnam.
- ITDC has partnered with the state government to set up and operate a centre of excellence in the hospitality sector, design courses and curriculum and offer courses in hospitality, event management, front office operations, housekeeping, food and beverage operations and entrepreneurship programmes.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
IBM + AP government = Centre of excellence in IT sector.
7. Aung San Suu Kyi is appointed as Prime Minister of Which country?
Answer: A) Myanmar
Capital : Naypyidaw
Currency : Burmese Kyat
Aung San Suu Kyi – Prime Minister of Myanmar
8. Which organization has bagged the award for best research innovation adaptation of new technology for water conservation from the Ministry of Jal Shakti?
B) Veolia Water
D) Dow Water & Process Solutions
Answer: A) WABAG
VA Tech WABAG – for best research innovation adaptation of new technology from Ministry of Jal Shakti
9. Dr Rathi Jafer will be honoured with the Prime Minister’s Medal from the Korean government for her contribution to the development of Hangul (Korean language) and dissemination of the language. She is Director of which company?
A) InKo Centre
C) Hyundai Mobis
D) Kia Motors
Answer: A) InKo Centre
Dr Rathi Jafer, Director, Indo-Korean Cultural and Information Centre (InKo), a non-profit society, has become the first person from South India, who will be honoured with the Prime Minister’s Medal from the Korean government for her contribution to the development of Hangul (Korean language) and dissemination of the language.
Dr Rathi Jafer – honour with the Prime Minister’s Medal from the Korean government.
10. Namita Toppo will receive the prestigious Ekalabya Puraskar for 2020 in Odisha. She is related to which sports?
C) Table Tennis
Answer: A) Hockey
- Namita Toppo, one of India’s most consistent and high performing hockey players, will receive the prestigious Ekalabya Puraskar for 2020.
- The annual award Ekalabya Puraskar is instituted by IMPaCT, the charitable wing of Indian Metals and Ferro Alloys (IMFA).
- The award is given every year to young sportspersons of Odisha in recognition of their outstanding performance in the preceding two years.
Namita Toppo – Hockey player – Ekalabya Puraskar 2020.
11. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board has bagged the first prize for water conservation management in the category of best institution at 2nd National Water Award-2019. This board is related to which UT?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: A) Jammu & Kashmir
Vaishno Devi Shrine Board – Centre’s water conservation award.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
12. Which university has designed a new cloth-based face mask that can destroy up to 99.99 per cent of bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens within an hour of daylight exposure?
A) University of California
B) Michigan Technology University
C) Stanford University
D) Oxford University
Answer: A) University of California
University of California = Develop new cloth-based mask that can kill viruses within an hour.
13. Which IIT has leveraged to predict FDA-approved commercial drugs through AI to tackle Covid-19?
A) IIT Kanpur
B) IIT Roorkee
C) IIT Ropar
D) IIT Madras
Answer: B) IIT Roorkee
- Amid the rapid transmission of cases of Covid-19, a group of scientists from IIT Roorkee has leveraged Artificial Intelligence (AI) to predict 10 FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved commercial drugs available for the treatment of the disease.
- The study has been published in the prestigious journal PLOS One.
IIT Roorkee – predict FDA-approved commercial drugs through AI to tackle Covid-19.
14. Which institution has developed self-testing tool named The Covid Anosmia Checker for Covid-19, a first of its kind in the country?
Answer: C) RGCB
- In a major breakthrough, the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) here has developed self-testing tool for Covid-19, a first of its kind in the country.
- The Covid Anosmia Checker, a strip-based screening tool, will confirm the infection by checking signs for temporary loss of smell (anosmia), considered to be one of the earliest and most commonly reported indicators of Covid-19.
- If approved by the agencies concerned, it will also become the first-of-its kind for testing anosmia.
RGCB – Develop self-testing tool for Covid-19, a first in country.
15. World Health Organisation designates which year as international year of health and care workers?
Answer: A) 2021
HQ : Geneva, Switzerland
WHO Head: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
WHO – Designate 2021 as international year of health and care workers.
16. Which country signed a deal with Pfizer Inc is received 8 million doses of the drugmaker’s potential COVID-19 vaccine?
Answer: A) Israel
Israel signed a deal with Pfizer Inc to receive 8 million doses of the drugmaker’s potential COVID-19 vaccine
17. Cyclone Vamco is hitted in The Philippines. It is which cyclone to hit the Philippines this year?
Answer: B) 21
Torrential rains from Typhoon Vamco lashed provinces in the Philippines’ main Luzon island
Vamco has now weakened, with sustained winds of 130 kilometres (81 miles) per hour and gusts of up to 215 kph (133.59 mph) as it moves across Luzon, home to half of the Philippines’ 108 million people.
Currency :Philippine peso
Cyclone Vamco – The Philippines
18. Union Home Minister Amit Shah has approved Rs 4,381.88crore to six states from the National Disaster Response Fund. Out of these, how much amount given to West Bengal?
A) Rs 577.84 crore
B) Rs 128.23 crore
C) Rs 268.59 crore
D) Rs 2,707.77 crore
Answer: D) Rs 2,707.77 crore
- A high-level committee, headed by Union Home Minister Amit Shah, has approved the release of nearly Rs4,382crore to six states as central assistance for the natural calamities they faced this year.
- For cyclone ‘Amphan’, Rs 2,707.77 crore has been approved for West Bengal and Rs 128.23 crore for Odisha. For cyclone ‘Nisarga’, Rs 268.59 crore has been approved for Maharashtra.
- For floods and landslides during the South-West monsoon, Rs 577.84 crore has been approved for Karnataka, Rs 611.61 crore for Madhya Pradesh, and Rs 87.84 crore for Sikkim.
Minister : Amit Shah
constituency : Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Centre – Approve Rs 4,382 crore as calamity assistance to six states.
19. Which state is planning to ban online games like rummy and others, which involve money?
A) Tamil Nadu
B) West Bengal
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Tamil Nadu
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
Tamil Nadu – to ban online games like rummy that involve money.
20. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a contribution of how much amount to the COVID-19 ASEAN Response Fund at the 17th ASEAN-India Summit?
A) USD 2 million
B) USD 1 million
C) USD 3 million
D) USD 4 million
Answer: B) USD 1 million
PM Modi – $1 million aid to Covid-19 ASEAN Response Fund.
21. Indian Railways (IR) partners with Indian School of Business (ISB) for setting up a Centre of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics at which Central Railway?
A) South Central Railway
B) North Central Railway
C) East Central Railway
D) West Central Railway
Answer: A) South Central Railway
Railways + ISB = Centre of Excellence in AI, data analytics
22. India successfully tested an all-weather Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile with the range of how many Kilometres at Chandipur in Odisha?
A) 20 kilometres
B) 40 kilometres
C) 50 kilometres
D) 30 kilometres
Answer: D) 30 kilometres
- India successfully tested an all-weather Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile with a range of 30 kilometres completing the development trials of the weapon system.
- The missile was launched from a mobile launcher at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha state. It successfully destroyed the target.
- The missile can strike an aerial target at a height of 15 km.
- The first trial of the missile was conducted on 4 June 2017.
India – Successfully test all-weather Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile.
23. Union finance Minister announced how much amount to boost rural employment and accelerate growth in the rural economy?
A) ₹5,000 crore
B) ₹10,000 crore
C) ₹20,000 crore
D) ₹15,000 crore
Answer: B) ₹10,000 crore
Rs 10,000 crore – the special job scheme for migrant workers.
Finance and Corporate Affairs:
Minister : Nirmala Sitharaman
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP,Karnataka
Centre – ₹10,000 cr boost for rural economy.
24. Which Ministry launches three-month scheme to reduce childhood pneumonia deaths?
A) Home Ministry
B) Finance Ministry
C) Women & Child Development Ministry
D) Ministry of Family Welfare
Answer: D) Ministry of Family Welfare
- A three-month campaign to focus on awareness generation and early intervention with regard to childhood pneumonia, enabling caregivers across the country to identify critical symptoms at earlier stages and trigger prompt care-seeking with qualified providers, was launched by the Union Ministry of Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- The initiative targets to reduce less than five pneumonia deaths, per a 1000 live births, to less than three deaths by 2025 through the accelerated SAANS (Social Action and Awareness to Neutralise Pneumonia Successfully) initiative.
Health and Family Welfare, Science
and Technology; and Earth Sciences
Minister : Dr Harshavardhan
Constituency : Chandni Chowk, Delhi
MoHFW – Three-month scheme to reduce childhood pneumonia deaths.
25. Punjab has released funds worth Rs 405.34 crore towards payment of various schemes and development projects. Out of these, how much amount allocated on account of mid-day meals?
A) Rs 197.46 crore
B) Rs 76.56 crore
C) Rs 18.36 crore
D) Rs 64.19 crore
Answer: D) Rs 64.19 crore
- The Punjab government has released funds worth Rs 405.34 crore towards payment of various schemes and development projects including a sum of Rs 197.46 crore on account of social security pensions and other financial assistance schemes.
- Among other schemes, a sum of Rs 64.19 crore has been released on account of mid-day meals and Rs 18.36 crore towards the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin).
Capital : Chandigarh
CM : Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor : V P Singh Badnore
Punjab – Rs 405.34 crore towards payment of various schemes and development projects.