Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 12 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Public Service Broadcasting Day is observed on which date?
A) November 12
B) November 13
C) November 18
D) November 15
Answer: A) November 12
- National Unity Week (Maharashtra) – Nov 19 to 25.
- Armistice Day – Nov 11.
- World pneumonia day – Nov 12.
2. Asif Basra passed away. He is related to which field?
Answer: C) Actor
Actor Asif Basra, known for starring in movies such as “Jab We Met”, “Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai” and “Kai Po Che!”, died.
Asif Basra – Actor.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
3. Which IT company and AMD have announced a multi-year joint development agreement to enhance and extend the security and Artificial Intelligence (AI) offerings of both the companies?
Answer: A) IBM
IBM + AMD = joint development pact for security, AI offerings.
4. The Akshaya Patra Foundation aims to serve mid-day meals to five million children by which year?
Answer: C) 2025
Akshaya Patra – To serve mid-day meals to 5 million children by 2025.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
5. Delhi Health Minister Satyender Jain launched an innovative battery-operated “Made in India mask”. What is the name of that Mask?
A) Moksha mask
B) Monga mask
C) Sudaran mask
D) Mango mask
Answer: A) Moksha mask
Satyender Jain – innovative battery-operated mask Moksha mask.
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
6. India and which country begins construction of Integrated Check Post to smoothen regional connectivity?
Answer: D) Nepal
- The project will be implemented by M/s Rajdeep Buildcon Pvt. Ltd, a Pune based Indian company under the supervision of M/s RITES International Ltd. a Government of India undertaking.
- The tendered cost of the project is INR 147.12 cr (NRs 2354 million) and construction period is two years.
India + Nepal = Construction of Integrated Check Post to smoothen regional connectivity.
Capital : Kathmandu
Currency : Rupee
7. FM Sitharaman announces how much amount fertiliser subsidy for farmers to boost the economy?
A) Rs 65,000-crore
B) Rs 45,000-crore
C) Rs 55,000-crore
D) Rs 75,000-crore
Answer: A) Rs 65,000-crore
Atma Nirbhar Bharat 3.0:
- The size of the stimulus being provided by the government as part of the 12 announcements, amounts to 2 lakh 65 thousand crore rupees.
- She added that these Atma Nirbhar Bharat stimulus measures cumulatively amounts to 15 per cent of the GDP.
- She informed that 28 States and Union Territories have been brought under the national portability of ration cards from the 1st September of this year
- She further informed that more than one lakh 43 thousand crores rupees have been sanctioned to the farmers through Kishan Credit Card.
- She added that 25 thousand crore rupees have been disbursed for providing capital funding to farmers through NABARD.
- More than one lakh 18 thousand crore rupees worth of loans have been sanctioned to 17 States and Union Territories to increase the liquidity in the Discom sector.
- 25 thousand crore rupees have been provided as additional capital expenditure to the Ministry of Road Transport and Ministry of Defence.
- She informed that three thousand 621 crore rupees have been sanctioned to 11 states as interest free loans towards capital expenditure.
- The Finance Minister said, a new scheme Atma Nirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana is being launched to incentivise creation of new employment opportunities during the Covid recovery phase. She said, the central government will provide subsidy for two years in respect of new eligible employees after 1st October of this year under the scheme. She said, the subsidy support will be credited upfront in Aadhar seeded EPFO account of eligible new employees.
- She further announced that three lakh crore rupees existing emergency credit line guarantee scheme announced as part of the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan for the MSME sector has been extended till 31st March of next year. She said, more than two lakh crore rupees have been sanctioned to 61 lakh borrowers so far under the scheme
- She added that the scheme will be utilized for 100 per cent collateral free additional credit at capped interest rate to entities in 26 stressed sectors.
- The government has approved PLI scheme for three sectors at the cost of more than 51 thousand crore rupees to give a boost to the economy and domestic employment.
PM Awaas Yojana-Urban scheme will help in building 12 lakh houses by spending 18 thousand crore rupees.
- She said, performance security on contracts to be reduced to 3 per cent to support the construction and infrastructure.
- She added that income tax relief will be provided to the developers and home buyers to boost the residential housing sector by increasing the differential from 10 per cent to 20 per cent.
- She said, government will invest six thousand crore rupees equity infusion in NIIF debt platform and provide 65 thousand crore rupees to ensure adequate availability of fertilizers to farmers for the upcoming crop season to fill the gap of increased demand of fertilizers.
- Informing about the progress made under the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana, she said, further additional outlay of 10 thousand crore rupees will be provided for generation of employment.
- She informed that more than 73 thousand crore rupees have been released under MGNREGA and 251 crore person days of employment have been generated so far under the scheme.
- She announced that three thousand crore rupees will be released to EXIM Bank for promotion of projects through line of credit under IDEAS Scheme
More than 10 thousand crore rupees will be provided as capital and industrial expenditure for promoting domestic defence equipment, industrial infrastructure and green energy sector.
- The government has provided 900 crore rupees for Covid Surkhasha Mission for research and development of India Covid vaccine to the Department of Biotechnology.
FM – Rs 65,000-crore fertiliser subsidy for farmers.
Finance and Corporate Affairs:
Minister : Nirmala Sitharaman
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP,Karnataka
8. The West Bengal government has decided to constitute multi-departmental anti-electrocution cells to protect which animals in the state?
Answer: C) Elephant
West Bengal – Constitute anti-electrocution cells to protect elephants.
Capital : Kolkata
CM : Mamata Banerjee
Governor : Jagdeep Dhankhar
9. Indian Navy’s fifth Scorpene class submarine ‘Vagir’ was launched at Mumbai’s Mazagon Dock.Total number of submarines in the series?
Answer: C) 6
- Indian Navy’s fifth Scorpene class submarine ‘Vagir’ was launched at Mumbai’s Mazagon Dock. Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik launched the submarine through video conferencing.
- Vagir is part of the six Kalvari-class submarines being built in India. The submarines, designed by French naval defence and energy company DCNS, are being built as part of Indian Navy’s Project-75.
- INS Kalvari, the first of the six Scorpene-class submarines, was launched in 2017, followed by Khanderi, Karanj and Vela.
Vagir – Navy’s fifth Scorpene class submarine launched at Mazagon Dock.
10. The Government extended the Emergency Credit Liquidity Guarantee Scheme till March 31, 2021.How much amount disbursed under this scheme?
A) Rs 4.52 lakh crore
B) Rs 3.52 lakh crore
C) Rs 1.52 lakh crore
D) Rs 2.52 lakh crore
Answer: C) Rs 1.52 lakh crore
Government – extended the Emergency Credit Liquidity Guarantee Scheme till March 31, 2021.
11. Karnataka Cabinet approves how much amount as its share for Suburban rail project in Bengaluru?
A) Rs 12,767 cr
B) Rs 13,767 cr
C) Rs 14,767 cr
D) Rs 15,767 cr
Answer: D) Rs 15,767 cr
- The Karnataka Cabinet gave administrative approval to borrow Rs 7,438 crore for the Bengaluru suburban rail project that is being implemented jointly by the Centre and the state.
- While the Centre and state will contribute Rs 2,479 crore each, Rs 7,438 crore will be borrowed from lending agencies through the SPV.
- The much-awaited suburban rail project will cover four corridors – Bengaluru to Devanahalli (41.4 km and 15 stations), Baiyappanahalli to Chikkabanavara (25.01 km and 14 stations), Kengeri to Whitefield (35.52 km and 14 stations).
- The Cabinet also revised project cost by 18.75 crore rupees to beautify Church Street in Bengaluru.
Karnataka – Rs 15,767 cr as its share for Suburban rail project in Bengaluru.
Capital : Bengaluru
CM : B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor : Vajubhai Vala
12. Which state/UT launched the Jeevan Seva app to aid Covid patients and their families for a safe commute to hospitals and healthcare facilities in the city?
B) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: A) Delhi
- The Delhi government on Thursday launched the Jeevan Seva app to aid Delhi’s Covid patients and their families for a safe commute to hospitals and healthcare facilities in the city.
- The app, launched in collaboration with EVERA will use electric vehicles as ambulances to transfer non-critical cases to healthcare facilities in Delhi, free of cost.
Delhi – Jeevan Seva app for Covid patients.
13. Which UT rolled out a free breakfast scheme for school students named after the late DMK President M Karunanidhi?
Answer: B) Puducherry
Puducherry – Free breakfast scheme for school students named after Karunanidhi
CM : V Narayanasamy
Governor : Kiran Bedi
14. PM Narendra Modi to co-chair virtual meet of ASEAN-India summit. This year which edition?
Answer: D) 17th
Narendra Modi – co-chair virtual meet of 17th ASEAN-India summit.