Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 11 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. National Education Day is observed on November 11. In this day to commemorate the birth anniversary of whom?
A) Siddhartha Shankar Ray
B) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
C) K. L. Shrimali
D) V. K. R. V. Rao
Answer: B) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
2. Jofra Archer won Most valuable Player of IPL 2020. He is related to which team in IPL?
A) Royal Challengers Bangalore
B) Mumbai Indians
C) Kings XI Punjab
D) Rajasthan Royals
Answer: D) Rajasthan Royals
- Mumbai Indians(5th time) – Winner of DREAM 11 IPL 2020.
- Edition: 13th
- Host Country : UAE
- Highest Runs ( Orange Cap) : K L Rahul
- Highest Wickets ( Purple Cap) : Kagiso Rabada
- Maximum no of Sixes : Ishaan Kishan
- Most Expensive Player : Patt Cummins 15.5 cr ( Kolkata Knight Riders )
- First player to score century in DREAM11 IPL 2020 : K L Rahul
- Rahul is now only the third player after Virender Sehwag and David Warner to hit an IPL century both as captain and non-captain.
- KL Rahul – the fastest Indian (60 innings) to reach 2,000 IPL runs.
- Shikhar Dhawan – the first player to hit two consecutive centuries in IPL.
- RCB pacer Mohammed Siraj – the first bowler to bowl two maiden overs in an IPL match.
- Virat Kohli – first cricketer to reach 9000 T20 runs
- The Indian Premier League clash between Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings in Sharjah saw 33 sixes — a joint record in an IPL match.
- MS Dhoni – First player to play 200 IPL matches
- Rohit Sharma – second player to play 200 IPL matches
- Shikhar Dhawan – the 4th batsman to score 5000 runs in the IPL.
- David Warner became the fastest overseas batsman and 5th player after Virat ,Raina and Rohit to reach the 5000-run mark in the Indian Premier League.
- Most Sixes – Ishan Kishan of Mumbai Indians (30)
- Super-striker of the season – Kieron Pollard of Mumbai Indians (Strike rate – 191.42)
- Game-changer of the season – KL Rahul of Kings XI Punjab (976 IPL Fantasy Points)
- IPL 2020 Fairplay Award – Mumbai Indians
- Emerging Player Award – Devdutt Padikkal of Royal Challengers Bangalore (15 matches, 473 runs, five half-centuries)
Jofra Archer – Most valuable Player of IPL 2020.
3. Which country Cricket Board (PCB) has introduced a ‘whistle blowers’ policy to combat any form of corruption or dishonest behaviour by any of its officers or players but warned against filing frivolous complaints?
Answer: A) Pakistan
PCB – whistle blowers’ policy to combat corruption.
4. Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman al Khalifa passed away. He served as Prime Minister of Which country?
Answer: C) Bahrain
Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman al Khalifa – Bahrain’s Prime minister.
Capital : Manama
Currency : Dinar
5. Which state is topped in Interstate Migrant Policy Index (IMPEX) developed by Mumbai-based research non-profit India Migration Now (IMN)?
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Kerala
Top 3 performers are,
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. The Reserve Bank has imposed a penalty of how much amount on Central Bank of India for non-compliance with its directions on disbursal of some housing loans?
A) Rs 60 lakh
B) Rs 50 lakh
C) Rs 40 lakh
D) Rs 20 lakh
Answer: B) Rs 50 lakh
RBI – impose Rs 50 lakh penalty on Central Bank of India for non-compliance.
Reserve Bank of India:
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
Central Bank of India:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : Pallav Mohapatra
Tagline : Central to you since 1911
7. Chanel Miller won The Dayton Literary Peace Price in nonfiction category for which book?
A) The Beekeeper of Aleppo
C) The World That We Knew
D) Know My Name : A memoira
Answer: D) Know My Name: A memoir
Alice Hoffman’s The World That We Knew won the fiction category.
Chanel Miller – The Dayton Literary Peace Price – Know My Name: A memoir.
8. which state bagged the Best State Award at 2nd National Water Awards?
A) Tamil Nadu
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Tamil Nadu
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu virtually presented the Second National Water Awards.
- He extended his compliments to Tamil Nadu which bagged the Best State Award.
Maharashtra secured the second and Rajasthan got the third prize.
- Best District Award was sub-divided into six zones – North, South, West, East, Northeast and Aspirational and into two sub categories – Revival of Rivers and Water Conservation.
- In North, the Award for Best District in Revival of Rivers and Water Conservation was given to Ayodhya and Almora, in South, Vellore and YSR Kadapa, in West, Sangli and Kachchh, in East, Bilaspur and Surajpur, in Northeast, West Tripura (WC) and in Aspirational district category to Khandana and Vizianagaram respectively.
Tamil Nadu – the Best State Award at 2nd National Water Awards.
Chennai : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. Which Institution has designed a “heat-tolerant” Covid-19 vaccine candidate that can ease the requirement for a cold chain for a vaccination programme?
A) IIT Madras
B) IISc Bangalore
Answer: B) IISc Bangalore
IISc Bangalore – heat-tolerant’ Covid-19 vaccine candidate.
10. Which IIT and Amara Raja Group to jointly produce reusable N-95 equivalent masks to facilitate the growing need for PPE during the COVID-19 pandemic?
A) IIT Thirupati
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Hyderabad
B) IIT Bombay
Answer: A) IIT Thirupati
- The Indian Institute of Technology-Tirupati has entered into a partnership with Amara Raja Group to jointly produce reusable N-95 equivalent masks to facilitate the growing need for personal protective equipment (PPE) during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The prototype designed by the IIT has a flexible reusable body developed using 3D printing technology, and the replaceable filter was developed through electro-spinning.
IIT Thirupati + Amara Raja Group – production of N-95 equivalent masks.
11. United States has approved the sale of 23.37 billion dollar worth advanced defence capabilities to the United Arab Emirates. Out of these, for up to 50 F-35 Lightning II aircraft valued at how much amount?
A) USD 10 billion
B) USD 20 billion
C) USD 2.97 billion
D) USD 10.4 billion
Answer:D) USD 10.4 billion
- United States has approved the sale of 23.37 billion dollar worth advanced defence capabilities to the United Arab Emirates, including F-35 Lightning II aircrafts, MQ-9B Unmanned Aerial Systems and a package of air-to-air and air-to-ground munitions.
- Up to 50 F-35 Lightning II aircraft, valued at USD 10.4 billion.
- Up to 18 MQ-9B Unmanned Aerial Systems, valued at USD 2.97 billion.
- A package of air-to-air and air-to-ground munitions, valued at USD 10 billion.
US – $23.37 billion defence sale to UAE includes F-35 aircraft, UAV.
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
Capital : Abu Dhabi
Currency : UAE Dirham
12. how many countries have signed a deal with to end the military conflict over the Nagorno-Karabakh region after more than a month of bloodshed?
Answer: A) 3
Armenia, Azerbaijan and Russia said they have signed a deal with to end the military conflict over the Nagorno-Karabakh region after more than a month of bloodshed.
Armenia + Azerbaijan + Russia – sign Nagorno-Karabakh peace deal.
Currency: Armenian dram
Currency: Azerbaijani manat
Currency : Russian Ruble
13. The Cabinet approved offering how much amount worth of production-linked incentives to 10 more sectors to boost domestic manufacturing?
A) Rs 2.46 trillion
B) Rs 1.26 trillion
C) Rs 1.46 trillion
D) Rs 3.46 trillion
Answer: C) Rs 1.46 trillion
- India approved an incentive program worth Rs 1.46 trillion ($20 billion) to attract companies to set up manufacturing in the South Asian nation, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said.
- The government will offer production-linked incentives to 10 sectors including automobile, solar panel and specialty-steel makers over a five-year period, she said after a meeting of a ministerial panel on Wednesday. Textile units, food processing plants and specialized pharmaceutical product makers are also eligible for the incentives.
- ₹ 50,000 crore for large scale electronic goods makers.
- ₹ 10,000 crore for pharmaceutical companies.
India – Rs 1.46-trn incentive program to lure global manufacturers.
Finance and Corporate Affairs:
Ministry : Nirmala Sitharaman
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP,Karnataka
14. Larsen & Toubro has emerged as the lowest bidder to construct 4-lane road bridge across the River Brahmaputra from Dhubri to Phulbari. What is the length of this bridge?
A) 10 Km
B) 5 Km
C) 15 Km
D) 20 Km
Answer: D) 20 Km
- Infrastructure major Larsen & Toubro has emerged as the lowest bidder to construct a 20 km, 4-lane road bridge across the River Brahmaputra from Dhubri to Phulbari, which will be the country’s longest bridge over a river.
- The company quoted Rs 3,166 crores to emerge as the L1 bidder in the tender floated by National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation.
- The bridge will connect the eastern States of Assam and Meghalaya, and the project is being financed by JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency).
Larsen & Toubro – lowest bidder for country’s longest river bridge in Northeast.
15. Ministry of Textiles has launched a Campaign to give a boost to Indian handicrafts and the artisans. What is the name of that campaign?
Answer: C) #Local4Diwali
Ministry of Textiles – campaign ‘Local for Diwali’.
Women and Child Development and Textiles:
Minister : Smriti Irani
Constituency : Amethi, Uttar Pradesh
16. CCEA has approved continuation and revamping of the Scheme for Financial Support to PPPs in Infrastructure Viability Gap Funding Scheme till which year?
Answer: D) 2024-25
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA has approved continuation and revamping of the Scheme for Financial Support to Public Private Partnerships in Infrastructure Viability Gap Funding Scheme till 2024-25 with a total outlay of eight thousand 100 crore rupees.
- The aim of this Scheme is to promote Public Private Partnerships in social and economic infrastructure for efficient creation of assets, their proper operation and maintenance and make the economically and socially essential projects commercially viable.
CCEA – Rs 8,100 cr financial assistance for Infra Viability Gap Funding scheme for PPPs till 2024-25.