Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 02 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Ladakh Sqay Team won how many medals in 21st National Sqay Championship held at Jaipur in Rajasthan?
Answer: B) 8
- Ladakh Sqay Team won eight medals in the recently concluded 21st National Sqay Championship held at Jaipur in Rajasthan.
- It was also presented an Outstanding Performance Award by the Sqay Federation of India.
- For the first time after Ladakh became Union Territory, a team of Sqay was flagged off by Kargil Deputy Commissioner Santosh Sukhadeve on 23rd of February by the Ladakh Sqay Association.
- Amongst the medals won by the team included two silver medals by Ummul Baneen and Muzaffer Ali Khan in Junior Category and two bronze medals by Nissar Ali and
Mohd Hassan in Senior Category, three bronze medals by Renchen Dolkar, Iftiqar Hussain and Asiya Banoo in Junior Category and one bronze by Archo Bilques Fatima in Sub-Junior Category.
Ladakh Sqay Team – Eight medals in 21st National Sqay Ch’ship.
2. Kyle Mayers is related to which sports?
Answer: E) Cricket
- Seasoned India off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin along with England captain Joe Root and West Indies’ new batting sensation Kyle Mayers were nominated for the ICC ‘Player of the Month’ for their exceptional performances in February.
- Ashwin played three Tests against England and scored 106 in the second innings of India’s second Test victory at Chennai and took his 400th Test wicket in the third Test victory at Ahmedabad.
- In the women’s section, Tammy Beaumont and Nat Sciver of England along with Brooke Halliday of New Zealand have been nominated.
Ravichandran Ashwin + Joe Root + Kyle Mayers – Nominate for ICC ‘Player of the Month’ honour.
3. Nand Kumar Singh Chauhan passed away. He was related to which party?
Answer: E) BJP
- Nand Kumar Singh Chauhan, the BJP Lok Sabha member from Khandwa in Madhya Pradesh, died at a hospital in Gurugram.
- The six-term MP, who was suffering from COVID-19 and was airlifted to Medanta Hospital in Gurugram last month in a serious condition, breathed his last late Monday night.
- The leader started his political career in 1978 from the Shahpur Municipal Council and was later elected as a member of the Madhya Pradesh Assembly.
- He was an MLA from 1985 to 1996.
- He was elected as the Lok Sabha member for the first time in 1996 and got re-elected in 1998, 1999, 2004, 2014 and 2019.
- Former Union minister and senior BJP leader Uma Bharti and state Congress chief Kamal Nath also condoled the death of the parliamentarian.
Nand Kumar Singh Chauhan – BJP Lok Sabha member.
4. According to the 10th Edition of Hurun Global Rich List 2021, who is topped in this list?
A) Bill Gates
B) Mark Zuckerberg
C) Louis Vuitton
D) Bernard Arnault
E) Elon Musk
Answer: E) Elon Musk
- Country-wise, China leads with the most number of billionaires at 1058, followed by the US (696), India (177), Germany, the United Kingdom and Switzerland at over 100 each.
- By continent, Asia accounts for 51 per cent of the billionaires. India, the report said, now has 209 billionaires. “India last year added billionaires at a similar rate to the US, 50 compared with 69,”
- Among cities, Mumbai hosts the maximum number of billionaires (60), followed by New Delhi (40) and Bengaluru (22).
|Company||Country of Residence|
|6↓||Warren Buffet||91||-11%||Berkshire Hathaway||USA|
|9*||Betrand Puech & family||80||45%||Hermes||France|
|1 (8)||Mukesh Ambani||83||Reliance Industries|
|2 (48)||Gautam Adani & family||32||Adani|
|3 (58)||Shiv Nadar & family||27||HCL|
|4 (104)||Lakshmi N Mittal||19||ArcelorMittal|
|5 (113)||Cyrus Poonawalla||18.5||Serum|
|6 (117)||Hinduja Brothers||18||Hinduja|
|7 (154)||Uday Kotak||15||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|8 (160)||Radhakishan Damai & family||14.5||Avenue Supermarts|
|9 (185)||Jay Chaudhry||13||Zscaler|
|10 (194(||Dilip Shanghvi & family||12.5||Sun Pharmaceutical Industries|
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Telangana Grameena Bank (TGB) and Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank (APGVB) have launched digital savings account opening facility through Video-KYC. These banks are sponsored by which Bank?
A) Canara Bank
B) Bank of Baroda
C) Indian Overseas Bank
D) Indian Bank
E) State Bank Of India
Answer: E) State Bank Of India
- Telangana Grameena Bank (TGB) and Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank (APGVB) have launched digital savings account opening facility through Video-Know Your Customer (KYC).
- Formally launching the feature virtually, Dinesh Kumar Khara, Chairman, State Bank Group, said regional rural banks (RRBs) have the skill set and ability to adopt new technologies.
- Both banks, sponsored by SBI, will change the complexion of rural economy and make the parent bank ‘proud’.
State Bank of India:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Head: Dinesh Kumar Khara
Tagline: With You all the way, Pure Banking Nothing Else, The Nation Bank on Us, The Banker to Every Indian, A Bank of the Common Man
SBI – Sponsored RRBs – Launch video-KYC facility.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. According to World Health Organization, One in four of the world’s population will suffer from hearing problems by which year?
Answer: E) 2050
- One in four of the world’s population will suffer from hearing problems by 2050, the World Health Organization warned, calling for extra investment in prevention and treatment.
- The first-ever global report on hearing said that the causes of many of the problems — such as infections, diseases, birth defects, noise exposure and lifestyle choices — could be prevented.
- The report proposed a package of measures, which it calculated would cost $1.33 per person per year.
- Against that, it set the figure of nearly a trillion US dollars lost every year because the issue was not being properly addressed.
- Of the 2.5 billion, 700 million would in 2050 have a serious enough condition to require some kind of treatment, it added up from 430 million in 2019.
HQ: Geneva, Switzerland
Head: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
WHO – One in four people will have hearing problems by 2050.
7. Which country to develop West Container Terminal at Colombo Port with India, Japan?
A) Saudi Arabia
E) Sri Lanka
Answer: E) Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka said it will develop the West Container Terminal (WCT) at the Colombo Port along with India and Japan, almost a month after it said that the two partner countries could not develop the similar East Container Terminal due to opposition from port workers’ unions to “foreign involvement” in building the terminal.
- The Sri Lankan cabinet gave the green signal to the WCT being developed by “parties nominated” by the two countries. India’s Adani Ports had been one of the partners to develop the East Container Terminal (ECT) previously.
Capital: Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte (legislative), Colombo (executive and judicial)
Currency: Japanese Yen
Prime Minister: Yoshihide Suga
Sri Lanka – Develop West Container Terminal at Colombo Port with India, Japan.
8. Ex Desert Flag is an annual multi-national large force employment warfare exercise hosted by the which country Air Force?
A) Saudi Arabia
E) Sri Lanka
Answer: B) UAE
- The Indian Air Force is participating for the first time in Exercise Desert Flag-VI along with air forces of United Arab Emirates, United States of America, France, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and Bahrain.
- The exercise is scheduled from 03 Mar 21 to 27 Mar 21 at Al-Dhafra airbase, UAE.
- The IAF is participating with six Su-30 MKI, two C-17 and one IL-78 tanker aircraft. C-17 Globemaster will provide support for induction/ de-induction of the IAF contingent.
- Su-30 MKI aircraft will undertake long range ferry, routing direct from India to the exercise area with aerial refueling support from IL-78 tanker aircraft.
- The aim of the exercise is to provide operational exposure to the participating forces while training them to undertake simulated air combat operations in a controlled environment.
- The participating forces will get an opportunity to enhance their operational capabilities along with mutual exchange of best practices.
- The large-scale exercise involving diverse fighter aircraft from across the globe will provide the participating forces, including IAF, a unique opportunity to exhchange knowledge, experience, enhance operational capabilities and interoperability.
- Exercising and interaction with the participating nations in a dynamic and realstic warfare environment will also contribute to strengthen international relations.
- Over the last decade, IAF has regularly hosted and participated in multi-national operational exercises, wherein collaborative engagements are undertaken amongst the best air forces of the world.
IAF – Participate in EX Desert FLAG VI.
9. PM Modi inaugurates which edition of ‘Maritime India Summit 2021’?
Answer: D) 2
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘Maritime India Summit 2021’.
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the second edition of the summit via video conferencing.
- Prime Minister also launched e-book of maritime vision 2030, which is aiming to make the Indian maritime insutry at par with the top global benchmark in the
next 10 years.
- Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of State (MoS) Ports, Shipping and Waterways (Independent Charge) in his opening remark said that the summit is one of the biggest virtual summits in the world with the participation of 1.7 lakhs participants from more than 100 nations.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and his Andhra Pradesh counterpart YS Jaganmohan Reddy also joined the event via video conferencing.
- The Summit will help in furthering growth of India’s maritime economy.
- Several countries are participating in the event including the CEOs and Ambassadors of several countries to boost investment in the Maritime sector in India.
- Over one lakh participants from 50 countries have registered online for MIS summit 2021 which is scheduled from March 2 to March 4.
- The government aims to operationalise 23 waterways by 2030.
India launches real-time vessel tracking and seafarers’ help system:
- India launched a real-time vessel tracking system that can help seafarers and fishermen in the times of need.
- Apart from tracking Indian vessels globally, it can also track foreign vessels within 1,000-km of India’s coastline.
- To be operated by DG Shipping, the system is termed Sagar-Manthan: Mercantile Marine Domain Awareness Centre (MMDAC) and can organise help in case of emergency.
- India is sharing this system with Sri Lanka and the Maldives, said Anil Devli, CEO, Indian National Shipowners Association.
- India will invest $82 billion in port projects by 2035, raise share of clean renewable energy source in maritime sector, develop waterways and boost tourism around lighthouses as part of port-led development
Prime Minister, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space and All important policy issues and All other portfolios not allocated to any Minister:
Minister: Narendra Modi
Constituency: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Narendra Modi – The ‘Maritime India Summit 2021’.
10. Which Minister launched the ‘Sugamya Bharat’ App and a handbook titled ‘Access – The Photo Digest’ through a video conference in New Delhi?
A) Women & Child Development Minister
B) Health Minister
C) Home Minister
D) Finance Minister
E) Social Justice and Empowerment Minister
Answer: E) Social Justice and Empowerment Minister
- Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawar Chand Gehlot launched the ‘Sugamya Bharat’ App and a handbook titled ‘Access – The Photo Digest’ through a video conference in New Delhi.
- The App and the handbook have been developed by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
- The App provides for five main features out of which four are directly related to enhancing accessibility.
- They include registration of complaints of inaccessibility across the broad pillars of the built environment, transportation sector and Information and Communication Technology ecosystem, positive feedback of examples and best practices worth emulating being shared by people as Jan-Bhagidaari.
- They also include Departmental s and guidelines and circulars related to accessibility.
- The fifth feature is a special feature meant only for Divyangjan for
COVID related issues.
- Android users can download the mobile app from Play Store. The iOS version of the app will be available by 15th of this month.
- The handbook is envisaged as a tool and guide to sensitise stakeholders about 10 basic features of accessibility and related good and bad practices in easy-to-understand pictorial form.
Social Justice and Empowerment.
Minister: Thawar Chand Gehlot
Costituency : Rajya Sabha MP, Madhya Pradesh
Thaawar Chand Gehlot – ‘Sugamya Bharat’ App and handbook
‘Access – The Photo Digest’.
11. Which company Partners with MathWorks to strengthen the Deep-tech startup ecosystem of India?
A) AIM, NITI Aayog
D) NITI AAYOG
Answer: A) AIM, NITI Aayog
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog partners with MathWorks-the developer of mathematical computing software for scientists and engineers to strengthen the Deep-tech startup ecosystem of India.
- Under this partnership, startups supported by AIM, will get access to steps of the art MathWorks tools (including MATLAB and Simulink), engineering support, online trainings, access to MATLAB community, and opportunities for developing awareness of the startup products through their domestic and global reach.
- The benefits are aimed at fostering innovation and accelerating product development at these early-stage companies.
- MathWorks product portfolio includes the MATLAB technical computing platform and Simulink, a block diagram environment for simulation and Model-Based Design, in addition to 100+ toolboxes and specialized products.
- These tools have been adopted by many industries across application areas including Smart electronic and engineering designs, manufacturing, electrification, simulation, wireless communications, etc. AIM and MathWorks plan to organize series of knowledge sharing sessions for incubators and startups to train and support them on various relevant topics.
Abbreviation: National Institution for Transforming India Aayog
HQ: New Delhi, Delhi
CEO : Amitabh Kant
Atal Innovation Mission + MathWorks – Strengthen the Deep-tech startup ecosystem of India.