Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 8 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Oceans Day is observed on which date?
A) June 3
B) June 2
C) June 6
D) June 7
E) June 8
Answer: E) June 8
- On the occasion of World Oceans Day on June 8, the United Nations (UN) has called for sustainable efforts and stopping plastic pollution in order to save the oceans.
World Ocean Day History:
- This was first suggested in 1992 during the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro.
- The aim behind this was to not only celebrate the vast water body and its benefits in our lives but also to raise awareness about what can be done to make it a part of sustainable development.
- On December 5, 2008, a resolution was passed by the UN General Assembly to designate this day.
World Ocean Day Theme:
- This year, the theme of World Ocean Day is ‘The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods’.
World Brain Tumor Day 2021:
- World Brain Tumor Day is observed on 8th June, every year.
History of World Brain Tumor Day:
- Deutsche Hirntumorhilfe declared World Brain Tumor Day in 2000 as an international commemoration day.
- World Brain Tumor Day is now celebrated annually on 8 June as a tribute to all brain tumour patients and their families.
2. Yoo Sang-chul passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: A) Sports
- Yoo Sang-chul, one of the stars of South Korea’s surprising run to the semifinals at the 2002 World Cup, has died after long battle with pancreatic cancer.
- Yoo played 124 times for South Korea from 1994 to 2005.
- It was in South Korea’s first game in the World Cup it was co-hosting with Japan.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. The RBI imposed penalty aggregating to how much amount on Bank of India for contravention of norms?
A) Rs 3 crore
B) Rs 1 crore
C) Rs 2 crore
D) Rs 4 crore
E) Rs 5 crore
Answer: D) Rs 4 crore
- The RBI imposed penalty aggregating to Rs 6 crore on Bank of India and Punjab National Bank for contravention of norms, including one related to ‘Frauds – Classification and Reporting’.
- A penalty of Rs 4 crore has been imposed on Bank of India and Rs 2 crore on Punjab National Bank.
- RBI said the statutory Inspection for Supervisory Evaluation (lSE) of Bank of India was conducted with reference to its financial position as on March 31, 2019.
- The bank had also conducted a review and submitted a Fraud Monitoring Report (FMR) dated January 1, 2019 pertaining to detection of fraud in an account.
4. Abdulla Shahid is elected as President of the 76th session of the UN General Assembly. He was Foreign Minister of which country?
D) New Zealand
Answer: B) Maldives
- Maldives Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid was elected as President of the 76th session of the UN General Assembly winning 143 votes of the 191 ballots cast.
- The 193-member General Assembly voted to elect the President, who will preside over the 76th session of the UN body that will commence in September.
- In the fray for the election was Shahid as well as former foreign minister of Afghanistan Dr Zalmai Rassoul, who got 48 votes.
5. S. lnbasekar appointed as High Commissioner of India to which country?
C) Papua New Guinea
Answer: C) Papua New Guinea
- S.lnbasekar, presently the Director in the Ministry, has been appointed as the next High Commissioner to Papua New Guinea.
- lnbasekar is a 2004 batch Indian Foreign Service officer.
KK Maheshwari to head ANMI:
- Association of National Exchanges Members of India appointed KK Maheshwari, as new President.
- He takes over the office from Anup Khandelwal.
6. Arun Kumar Mehta is appointed as Chief Secretary of which State/UT?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
C) Daman & Diu
Answer: A) Jammu & Kashmir
- Ending a week-long uncertainty, B V R Subrahmanyam handed over the charge of the office of the Jammu and Kashmir chief secretary to Arun Kumar Mehta
- Subrahmanyam was posted as Officer on Special Duty in the Department of Commerce, Government of India.
J-K hamlet first village in India to achieve 100% vaccination of its adult population:
- Aremote hamlet in Bandipora district of Jammu and Kashmir has become the first village in India to vaccinate all its adult population against COVID-19.
- The credit goes to the healthcare workers whose strenuous efforts shot Weyan hamlet, with an adult population of 362, to national fame.
7. Which country elected to UN Economic and Social Council for 2022-24 term?
Answer: D) India
- India has been elected to the Economic and Social Council, one of the six main organs of the United Nations, for the 2022-24 term.
- The 54-member Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) is at the heart of the United Nations system to advance the three dimensions of sustainable development – economic, social and environmental.
- India was elected in the Asia-Pacific States category along with Afghanistan, Kazakhstan and Oman in the elections.
- The UN Charter established ECOSOC in 1945 as one of the six main organs of the United Nations.
- ECOSOC’s 54 members are elected for three-year terms by the General Assembly. Seats on the Council are allotted based on geographical representation with 14 allocated to African states, 11 to Asian states, six to eastern European states, 10 to Latin American and Caribbean states and 13 to western European and other states.
8. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh addresses webinar on India-which country Defence Industry cooperation?
Answer: A) Sweden
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh addresses webinar on India-Sweden Defence Industry cooperation.
- India-Sweden defence cooperation MoU which was signed during the EU-India summit in November 2009 has scope for exchange of expertise, training, logistic and maintenance and R&D cooperation.
9. Indian Navy inducts advanced light helicopters at INS Dega. It is developed by which organisation?
Answer: B) HAL
- Indian Navy said that the three ‘Advanced Light Helicopter indigenously built Advanced Light Helicopters (ALH) MK III helicopters have been inducted in Navy at Naval Air Station, INS Dega.
- With the induction of these Maritime Reconnaissance and Coastal Security (MRCS) helicopters, the Eastern Naval Command got a major boost towards enhancing the capabilities of the force, in pursuit of the maritime interests of the nation.
- These helicopters, built by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd, are state-of-the-art flying machines and constitute a major step in our quest for “Atma Nirbhar Bharat”.
- These helicopters feature an array of systems previously seen only on heavier, multi-role helicopters of the Indian Navy as they are fitted with modern surveillance radar and electro-optical equipment.
10. NIT Srinagar signed a MoU with ESES of which country aiming to curb plastic pollution?
Answer: E) USA
- The National Institute of Technology (NIT) Srinagar signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Engineers for Sustainable Energy Solutions (ESES), Kentucky, the United States of America aiming to curb plastic pollution.
- Public Relations Officer (PRO) of NIT said on Tuesday that the MoU was signed by Director, NIT Srinagar Prof (Dr) Rakesh Sehgal and ESES was represented by Prof Jaffery Seay, Coordinator ESES and Professor of Chemical Engineering , University of Kentucky, Paducah, Kentucky, USA .
- The scope of collaboration on academic and research activities in MoU includes working jointly to combat the rising issue of plastic waste pollution and its disposal in modern society which is threatening economies, ecosystems, and human health.
- Prof Sehgal said it is indeed a matter of great pleasure as two technological institutions are coming together to sign the historic MoU.
11. Which state launched a web portal and a mobile application to facilitate online registration of workers from the unorganized sector to give them smart cards for availing various welfare schemes?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Gujarat
- The Gujarat government launched a web portal and a mobile application to facilitate online registration of workers from the unorganized sector to give them smart cards for availing various welfare schemes.
- The ‘e-Nirman’ portal and its mobile App were launched by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, a government release said, adding that 9.20 lakh workers from the unorganized sector were already registered and given U-WIN cards in the state.
- With the e-Nirman portal and mobile App, the government can monitor a worker’s data in real-time and it will be directly linked to the ‘CM Dashboard’ application.
12. Which state launched the second phase of the ”AYUSH Ghar-Dwar” programme?
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh Health and Family Welfare Minister Rajiv Saizal launched the second phase of the ”AYUSH Ghar-Dwar” programme successful implementation of its first leg.
- In this phase, focus will also be on promotion of a healthy lifestyle through AYUSH, along with adoption of Covid-appropriate behaviour in the general population.
- AYUSH will work in collaboration with Art of Living and Yog Bharti to generate awareness among the general population on containment of COVID-19.
13. Which state launched a special scheme called ‘Ekamra Plan’ under the Works Department for the development of Ekamra Kshetra?
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: E) Odisha
- The Odisha government launched a special scheme called ‘Ekamra Plan’ under the Works Department for the development of Ekamra Kshetra, the ancient name of the old town area of the state capital.
- The plan will include interventions for conservation and revival of the monuments, development of amenities for devotees and pilgrims, pedestrianization of the project area, and diverting the traffic to the periphery of the Ekamra project area.
- An area of about 80 acre has been identified around the Shri Lingaraj Temple.
- The government has also constituted a Project Advisory Committee (PAC) to steer, guide and coordinate various matters related to the implementation of the Ekamra Kshetra projects.
- Reputed corporate leader Santrupt Mishra has been named chairman of the Committee who can invite any official or expert or member of public for discussion on the issues related to the project or to participate in the meeting.
14. Which organisation , Piramal Foundation launch initiative for home-care support to mild Covid patients in 112 districts?
E) NITI Aayog
Answer: E) NITI Aayog
- NITI Aayog and Piramal Foundation launched an initiative in 112 aspirational districts to assist their administration in providing home-care support to Covid-19 patients asymptomatic or who have mild symptoms.
- The Abhiyaan is part of a special initiative, Aspirational Districts Collaborative,in which local leaders, civil societies and volunteers work with district administrations to address emerging problems across key focus areas of the Aspirational Districts Programme.
15. CESL has signed a MoU with which UT to make it a clean and green UT?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
C) Daman & Diu
Answer: B) Ladakh
- Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) under Ministry of Power has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Administration of Union Territory (UT) of Ladakh, to make it a clean and green UT.
- Under the MoU, various clean energy and energy efficiency programmes will be implemented.
- Beginning with a pilot in the Zanskar valley area, CESL will take up solar mini and micro grid solutions, energy efficient lighting, energy storage-based solutions, efficient cooking stoves and electric mobility solutions in the UT.
16. Which state launches exclusive WhatsApp number for complaints during disasters?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu revenue department has launched a WhatsApp number 9445869848 for the public to make complaints or provide information on what is happening in their neighbourhoods during disasters so that the government can take appropriate action.
- Besides, people can also convey information relating to mishaps or forewarning during disasters through the Citizen’s Corner facility on the website of the Tamil Nadu Disaster Management Authority and through the toll free number 1070.
- During the cyclones Tauktae and Yaas, information received and sent through these facilities was helpful in avoiding damages.
- Those who have downloaded the Damini app can get warnings relating to lightning and thunder strikes in a 40 km radius 45 minutes in advance to avoid loss of lives.
17. Who launched a two- month long awareness campaign on the topic of plastic waste management and elimination of identified Single Use Plastics items?
A) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
B) Amit Shah
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Narendra Modi
E) Prakash Javadekar
Answer: E) Prakash Javadekar
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar launched a two- month long awareness campaign on the topic of plastic waste management and elimination of identified Single Use Plastics items on World Oceans Day.