Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 7 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Food Safety Day is observed on which date?
A) June 3
B) June 2
C) June 6
D) June 7
E) June 1
Answer: D) June 7
Theme of World Food Safety Day 2021:
- The theme of World Food Safety Day this year is: “Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow”.
Dr Harsh Vardhan digitally addresses FSSAI’s World Food Safety Day Event:
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare virtually attended the Word Food Safety Day celebrations organized by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- The day is celebrated worldwide to draw attention to the fact that food is not only an agricultural or trade commodity but is also a public health issue.
- At the outset, The Minister noted that the call to action for all key stakeholders on this year’s World Food Safety Day is to ensure that the food we eat is safe and nutritious.
2. Sergio Pérez Mendoza won Azerbaijan Grand Prix. He was related to which country?
D) New Zealand
Answer: B) Mexico
Azerbaijan Grand Prix:
|1||Sergio Pérez Mendoza||Red Bull Racing||Mexico|
|2||Sebastian Vettel||Aston Martin||German|
3. BharatPe becomes ICC’s official partner till which year?
Answer: B) 2023
- Lending and digital payments startup BharatPe announced that it has inked a three-year long deal to become an official partner with International Cricket Council (ICC).
- As per the agreement, BharatPe will promote the association across broadcast and digital platforms, as well as execute in-venue brand activations at all the ICC events until 2023.
|ICC World Test Championship||(Southampton, UK 2021)|
|Men’s T20 World Cup||(India, 2021)|
|Men’s T20 World Cup||(Australia, 2022)|
|Women’s World Cup||(New Zealand, 2022)|
|U19 Cricket World Cup||(West Indies, 2022)|
|Women’s T20 World Cup||(South Africa, 2022)|
|Men’s Cricket World Cup||(India, 2023)|
|World Test Championship||(2023)|
4. Subhakirti Majumdar passed away. He was served as which organisation?
Answer: C) IJMA
- Subhakirti Majumdar, ex-principal Sec Subhakirti Majumdar, ex-principal Secretary, Government of Bihar, and retary, Government of Bihar, and former Director-General, Indian Jute Mills Association, passed away on Sunday, 06 June 2021 after battling cancer for almost two years.
- Majumdar had an illustrious multidisciplinary and unblemished career spanning 34 years with the Indian Administrative Service (Indian Administrative Service, IAS, 1978 batch, Bihar cadre).
5. Mumtaz Ali Khan passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: E) Politician
6. Who is topped in the list of The Times 50 Most Desirable Women 2020 list?
A) Rhea Chakraborty
B) Adline Castelino
C) Disha Patani
D) Kiara Advani
E) Deepika Padukone
Answer: A) Rhea Chakraborty
7. Which state is topped in the list of Anemia Mukt Bharat Index 2020-21?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Madhya Pradesh
Anemia Mukt Bharat Index 2020-21:
- Almost 50% of the pregnant women, 59% of children fewer than 5 years of age, 54% of adolescent girls and 53% of non-pregnant non-lactating women in India are anemic.
- GoI launched the Anemia Mukt Bharat (AMB) strategy under the Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment (POSHAN) Abhiyaan with the target to reduce anemia by 3% per year.
- Himachal Pradesh was at rank 18 in the year 2018-19.
- The prevalence of soil-transmitted helminths had decreased from 29% to 0.3% in a short span of 3 years.
BANKING AND FINANCE
8. Which Board to set-up India’s first International Maritime Services Cluster at GIFT City?
A) Punjab Maritime Board
B) Chhattisgarh Maritime Board
C) Gujarat Maritime Board
D) Mizoram Maritime Board
E) Karnataka Maritime Board
Answer: C) Gujarat Maritime Board
9. InstantPay launches India’s first Cashback Card in partnership with NPCI and which Bank?
A) Canara Bank
B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) YES Bank
D) Central Bank of India
E) ICICI Bank
Answer: C) YES Bank
- InstantPay, India’s leading open banking platform, announced the launch of the InstantPay Cashback Card in partnership with NPCI and YES Bank.
- It is a premium, ‘future ready’ contactless card powered by RuPay that offers 1 per cent unlimited cashback on most spends, so consumers can now grow their money, even when they spend.
- The InstantPay card comes with a zero minimum balance requirement and has a maximum balance limit of Rs. 2 lakh, which makes it a perfect secondary account for everyday transactions of any individual.
10. World Bank approves how much amount program to help boost India’s MSME sector?
A) $ 200 Million
B) $ 300 Million
C) $ 400 Million
D) $ 100 Million
E) $ 500 Million
Answer: E) $ 500 Million
- The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has approved a USD 500 million program to support India’s nationwide initiative to revitalise the MSME sector, which has been heavily impacted by the COVID-19 crisis
- The USD 500 million Raising and Accelerating Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Performance (RAMP) Program is the World Bank’s second intervention in this sector, the first being the USD 750 million MSME Emergency Response Program, approved in July 2020 to address the immediate liquidity and credit needs of millions of viable MSMEs severely impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
11. Who released an E-booklet titled ’20 Reforms in 2020’?
A) Mansukh Mandaviya
B) Amit Shah
C) Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Rajnath Singh
E) Harsh Vardhan
Answer: D) Rajnath Singh
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh released an E-booklet titled ’20 Reforms in 2020’, highlighting the major reforms undertaken by Ministry of Defence (MoD) in 2020, in New Delhi.
12. Hitendra Dave is appointed as CEO of which Bank?
A) Canara Bank
B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) DBS Bank India
E) HSBC India
Answer: E) HSBC India
- HSBC announced that Hitendra Dave is appointed as Chief Executive Officer of HSBC India on receipt of regulatory approval and has been appointed interim Chief Executive Officer effective June 7, 2021.
- Mr Dave succeeds Surendra Rosha who, after three years is moving to Hong Kong as the Co-Chief Executive of HSBC, Asia-Pacific.
13. Prof Rehman Rahi won “Sharf-e-Saqafat Award”. He also won Padma Shri in which year?
Answer: B) 2000
- Seeking the intervention of Lt Governor Manoj Sinha, former union minister and senior Congress leader Prof Saifuddin Soz urged the administration to present “Sharf-e-Saqafat Award” to Padam Shree Prof Rehman Rahi.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
14. Which institution develops 3 types of ventilators to battle Covid-19?
C) IIT Madras
Answer: E) ISRO
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has developed three types of ventilators, and has come forward to transfer the technology to industry for clinical usage as the country battles the second wave of Covid-19 pandemic.
- A low-cost and portable critical care ventilator, ‘PRANA’ (Programmable Respiratory Assistance for the Needy Aid) is based on the automated compression of an AMBU (Artificial Manual Breathing unit) bag.
- The system has a sophisticated control system that includes airway pressure sensor, flow sensor, oxygen sensor, servo actuator as well as expiration and PEEP (Positive End Expiratory Pressure) control valves.
- The ICU grade positive pressure mechanical ventilator titled ‘VaU’ (Ventilation assist Unit) can assist or replace the spontaneous breathing in patients under respiratory distress, ISRO said.
- VaU is based on a centrifugal blower which draws in filtered ambient air, compresses it and delivers it to the patient to achieve ventilation and can therefore operate without a compressed pneumatic source.
- Gas-powered ventilator ‘Space Ventilator Aided System for Trauma Assistance (SVASTA)’, a basic mode for non-invasive ventilation, is well-suited for emergency use for first line treatment and as transit ventilators inside vehicles.
15. Which armed forces successfully conducted a swift sea-air coordinated medical evacuation off Goa?
B) Indian Coast Guard
C) Indian Air Force
D) Indian Navy
E) Indian Army
Answer: B) Indian Coast Guard
16. Which State/UT launches ‘Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination’ campaign to vaccinate all above 45 yrs?
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: E) Delhi
- With the aim to vaccinate all people above 45 years against COVID-19 in Delhi within the next four weeks, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched ‘Jahan Vote, Wahan Vaccination’ campaign.
17. Which company has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Gujarat government to set up six petrochemical projects around Vadodara?
Answer: E) IOCL
18. The Income Tax Department has launched the new e-filing website for Income Tax Returns (ITRs). What is the website address?
Answer: D) http://www.incometax.gov.in
- The Income Tax Department has launched the new e-filing website for Income Tax Returns (ITRs).
- The new e-filing portal can be accessed at http://www.incometax.gov.in.
- It comes with new features which are expected to make the ITR process much smoother and faster.
- Earlier in the day, the I-T Department announced that they are at the final stages in the roll-out of the new portal.
- The new website will enable a new online tax payment system with multiple new payment options using net banking, UPI, credit card and RTGS/NEFT from any account of the taxpayer in any bank, for easy payment of taxes.