Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 9 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Accreditation Day is observed on which date?
A) June 9
B) June 2
C) June 6
D) June 7
E) June 1
Answer: A) June 9
- World Accreditation Day (WAD) is celebrated every year on 9 June to promote the role of accreditation in trade & the economy.
- Theme: “Accreditation: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”.
2. Ram Khandekar passed away. He was served as Officer on Special Duty to whom?
A) Jawaharlal Nehru
B) PV Narasimha Rao
C) Lal Bahadur Shastri
D) Indira Gandhi
E) Gulzarilal Nanda
Answer: B) PV Narasimha Rao
- After battling a prolonged illness, Ram Khandekar, who worked as Officer on Special Duty to the former Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao, passed away at his Laxminagar residence in Nagpur .
- Later, he was engaged by then Union minister, PV Narasimha Rao, to manage his Lok Sabha constituency of Ramtek in Nagpur district in 1985.
- In 1991, when Rao became the Prime Minister of the country, Khandekar was inducted into the core committee of the Prime Minister’s Office and was appointed as his OSD.
3. Which city is topped in the list of EIU’s most livable cities ranking?
A) Auckland, New Zealand
B) Osaka, Japan
C) Adelaide, Australia
D) Wellington, New Zealand
E) Tokyo, Japan
Answer: A) Auckland, New Zealand
List of the 10 most Livable cities in the world
|1||Auckland (New Zealand)|
|4||Wellington (New Zealand)|
List of the 10 least Livable cities in the world:
|3||Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea)|
4. Which university is topped in the list of the QS World University Rankings in 2022?
A) University of Oxford
B) California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
C) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
D) Stanford University
E) Harvard University
Answer: C) Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
|1||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||Cambridge United States||100|
|2||University of Oxford||Oxford, United Kingdom||99.5|
|3||Stanford University||Stanford, United States||98.7|
|3||University of Cambridge||Cambridge, United Kingdom||98.7|
|5||Harvard University||Cambridge, United Kingdom||98|
|177||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT B)||Mumbai||46.4|
|185||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT D)||New Delhi||45.9|
|186||Indian Institute of Science||Bengaluru||45.7|
5. Which Bank tops Forbes ‘World’s Best Banks’ list in India?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) DBS Bank India
C) CSB Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: B) DBS Bank India
|1||DBS Bank India|
|5||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|7||State Bank of India|
- This is the third edition of the ‘World’s Best Banks’ list by Forbes, conducted in partnership with market research firm Statista.
- Recently, DBS Bank India was recognised as ‘India’s Best International Bank 2021’ by Asiamoney.
- DBS was named ‘Safest Bank in Asia’ for the 12th consecutive year by New York-based trade publication Global Finance in 2020.
- The bank was also Global Finance’s pick for ‘Best Bank in the World’ in the same year, making it the third consecutive global Best Bank accolade received by DBS.
- Previously, DBS was named ‘World’s Best Bank’ by leading financial publication Euromoney in 2019.
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed a penalty of how much amount on Dhrangadhra People’s Co-operative Bank, Surendranagar, Gujarat, for non-compliance with certain norms?
A) Rs 1 lakh
B) Rs 2 lakh
C) Rs 4 lakh
D) Rs 5 lakh
E) Rs 6 lakh
Answer: B) Rs 2 lakh
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed a penalty of Rs 2 lakh on Dhrangadhra People’s Co-operative Bank, Surendranagar, Gujarat, for non-compliance with certain norms.
- The RBI said the penalty has been imposed for non-compliance with RBI directions on ‘Placement of Deposits with Other Banks by Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs)’ and ‘Depositor Education and Awareness Fund Scheme 2014’.
7. Who has been appointed as the new Election Commissioner of India?
A) Ashok Chandra Pandey
B) Arun Chandra Pandey
C) Anup Chandra Pandey
D) Sarath Chandra Pandey
E) Aravind Chandra Pandey
Answer: C) Anup Chandra Pandey
- Anup Chandra Pandey, a former Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, has been appointed as the new Election Commissioner of India.
- With Pandey’s appointment, he will join Sushil Chandra and election commissioner Rajiv Kumar, filling the top posts at the Election Commission of India (ECI) are full again ahead of elections in Goa, Manipur, Uttarakhand, Punjab, and Uttar Pradesh next year.
8. Govt extends M R Kumar’s term as LIC chairman till which year?
A) April 13, 2022
B) March 13, 2022
C) July 13, 2022
D) May 13, 2022
E) August 13, 2022
Answer: B) March 13, 2022
- The appointments committee of the cabinet approved the extension of M R Kumar as the chairman of state-owned insurance behemoth Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
- Kumar’s term as LIC chairman was supposed to end on June 30, 2021, but Centre extended his term by almost nine more months till March 13, 2022.
9. Which edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy is being conducted June 9 to June 11?
Answer: C) 31
- The Indian and Thai navies kicked off a three-day coordinated patrol in the Andaman Sea in the backdrop of growing concern over China’s increasing maritime presence in the Indian Ocean region.
- The Indian Navy’s offshore patrol vessel INS Saryu and Thai ship Krabi along with Dornier maritime patrol aircraft from both navies are participating in the 31st edition of the India-Thailand coordinated patrol (CORPAT).
10. Which country becomes first country to adopt Bitcoin as legal tender?
D) El Salvador
Answer: D) El Salvador
- El Salvador’s President Nayib Bukele said the nation has adopted Bitcoin as legal tender, a step he believes will create jobs and promote financial inclusion.
- Bukele, Latin America’s youngest president who’s known to break from the norms, said on Twitter lawmakers approved the legislation by a “supermajority.”
11. Uttam group of companies in association with which company launched ‘Ashvath’ an integrated CNG refueling unit for the purpose of easy dispensing of CNG fuel into vehicles?
A) Vadodara Gas Limited
B) Indraprastha Gas Limited
C) GAIL Gas Limited
D) Adani Total Gas
E) Mahanagar Gas Limited
Answer: E) Mahanagar Gas Limited
- Uttam group of companies in association with Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL) launched ‘Ashvath’, an integrated CNG refueling unit for the purpose of easy dispensing of CNG fuel into vehicles.
- Ashvath is a first of its kind Mobile Refuelling Unit (MRU) compact filling station mounted on a moving truck which can be parked in designated areas for CNG refuelling allowing CNG access to fleets virtually anywhere.
12. Finance Ministry releases how much amount as Revenue Deficit Grant to 17 states?
A) Rs 3, 871 cr
B) Rs 4, 871 cr
C) Rs 5, 871 cr
D) Rs 6, 871 cr
E) Rs 9, 871 cr
Answer: E) Rs 9, 871 cr
- The Ministry of Finance has released the third monthly installment of Post Devolution Revenue Deficit (PDRD) grant of Rs 9,871 crore for the year 2021-22 to 17 states.
- As per the release, the Centre provides the grant under Article 275 of the Constitution as per the recommendations of the Finance Commission in monthly installments to meet the gap in revenue accounts of the states post devolution.
- The 15th Finance Commission has recommended Post Devolution Release Deficit grants to 17 states.
- The states are: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttarakhand and West Bengal, the release read.
13. Centre allocates how much amount for waste management in 2 lakh villages under Swacch Bharat Mission?
A) Rs 30,700 cr
B) Rs 10,700 cr
C) Rs 40,700 cr
D) Rs 20,700 cr
E) Rs 50,700 cr
Answer: C) Rs 40,700 cr
- Rs 40,700 crores have been allocated under Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen towards solid and liquid waste management support for over two lakh villages in the ongoing financial year.
- According to the Centre, funds to the tune of Rs 12,730 crores will be made available through the Fifteenth Finance Commission and over Rs 4,100 through convergence with MGNREGS.
Cabinet approves increase in MSP of Kharif crops for marketing season 2021-22:
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the increase in the Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) for all mandated Kharif crops for marketing season 2021-22.
- Government has increased the MSP of Kharif crops for marketing season 2021-22, to ensure remunerative prices to the growers for their produce.
- The highest absolute increase in MSP over the previous year has been recommended for sesamum (Rs. 452 per quintal) followed by tur and urad (Rs. 300 per quintal each).
14. Which state has added has notified Dihing Patkai as a National Park?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Assam
- Government of Assam has added has notified Dihing Patkai as a National Park.
Raimona and Dihing Patkai National Parks have been formally notified, adding to Assam’s total tally of National Park (NP) to 7.
- Assam has become the second state in the country to have the highest number of NPs.
- The newly created NPs will help to boost conservation efforts and provide fillip to tourism and agriculture sectors.
- Madhya Pradesh and Andaman and Nicobar have 9 NPs each.
- Assam is in the second position now in terms of NP
15. Which State Education Dept in collaboration with Doordarshan to broadcast online classes for students of Class 1 to 12?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Jharkhand
- In Jharkhand, the State Education Department in collaboration with Doordarshan will broadcast video lectures and online classes for students of Class 1 to 12 from June 14 onwards for next three months.
- The department has signed a contract with Doordarshan in this regard.