Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 24 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Hernia Awareness Month is observed on which Month?
Answer: C) June
2. New Zealand beat which country by eight wickets to win the first-ever World Test Championship at Southampton?
C) West Indies
Answer: E) India
- In Cricket, New Zealand beat India by eight wickets to win the first-ever World Test Championship at Southampton last night.
- Veteran spinner Ashwin has become the leading wicket-taker in the World Test Championship, surpassing Pat Cummins by taking his 71st wicket.
3. Benigno Aquino passed away. He was served as President of which country?
Answer: A) Philippines
4. John McAfee passed away. He was creator of ______?
B) Antivirus software
Answer: B) Antivirus software
- John McAfee, the creator of the eponymous antivirus software, was found dead in prison outside Barcelona.
5. Which city tops Monocle’s list of best cities for quality of life?
D) Hong Kong
Answer: A) Copenhagen
- Copenhagen has topped media outlet Monocle’s list of the world’s best cities for quality of life, the fourth time Denmark’s capital has won the honour since the survey began in 2007.
- Zurich, Helsinki, Stockholm and Tokyo rounded out the top five as Monocle resumed its rankings after a one-year hiatus as the COVID-19 pandemic struck.
6. What is the rank of India in Digital News Report 2021?
Answer: A) 31
- The Reuters Institute Digital News Report, 2021, to be released virtually , finds India ranked 31 out of 46 countries on levels of overall trust in news.
- Only 38% of the respondents from India said they trust news overall.
- Finland had the highest levels of overall trust in news (65%) while the U.S. had the lowest levels of trust (29%).
- The 10th edition of the report is based on an online survey of 46 media markets to understand how news is consumed in different countries.
- This is the first time India features in the main report.
- The Asian College of Journalism (ACJ) in Chennai collaborated with the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism (RISJ) at the University of Oxford on the report.
7. Which institution is topped in India in the list of Times Higher Education Young Universities Rankings 2021?
A) IIT Roorkee
B) IIT Mandi
C) IIT Ropar
D) IIT Mumbai
E) IIT Madras
Answer: C) IIT Ropar
|1||Nanyang Technological University, Singapore|
|2||Paris Sciences et Lettres – PSL Research University Paris|
|3||The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology|
|63||Indian Institute of Technology Ropar|
|76||Indian Institute of Technology Indore|
|142||Mahatma Gandhi University|
BANKING AND FINANCE
8. World Bank and India sign $32m to improve health services in which state?
B) Andhra Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Mizoram
9. SBI Card, which company launch co-branded contactless credit card for premium customers?
A) YONO SBI
B) Google Pay
Answer: D) Fabindia
- SBI Card has joined hands with lifestyle retail chain Fabindia by launching contactless co-branded credit cards to cater to the premium segment customers.
- The new co-branded contactless credit card combines the best in class rewards points on retail spends with the value back on varied spending categories, thus addressing overall spending needs of premium cardholders
- Fabindia SBI Card comes in two variants — Fabindia SBI Card Select and Fabindia SBI Card.
- Fabindia SBI Card customers will get direct entry to FabFamily loyalty programs meant for higher tiers Gold and Platinum customers.
- Otherwise, customers get entry into FabFamily on the minimum annual spending of Rs 30,000 and Rs 75,000, respectively.
- Fabindia SBI Card Select offers 10 percent value back to customers buying in-stores at Fabindia along with complimentary domestic airport lounge access.
- The card also offers milestone benefits worth Rs 1,250 on quarterly spending of Rs 2,00,000, in the form of gift vouchers, among others.
10. The Reserve Bank of India imposed a total penalty of how much amount on three Maharashtra-based co-operative banks for deficiencies in regulatory compliance?
A) Rs 2 lakh
B) Rs 4 lakh
C) Rs 5 lakh
D) Rs 6 lakh
E) Rs 8 lakh
Answer: E) Rs 8 lakh
- The Reserve Bank of India imposed a total penalty of Rs 8 lakh on three Maharashtra-based co-operative banks for deficiencies in regulatory compliance.
- A penalty of Rs 4 lakh has been imposed on Excellent Co-operative Bank, Mumbai, and Rs 2 lakh each on Janseva Sahakari Bank Limited, Pune and The Ajara Urban Co-operative Bank, Ajara (Kolhapur).
- The penalty on Excellent Co-operative Bank was imposed for contravention of the directions issued by RBI on ‘Maintenance of Deposit Accounts’ and ‘Know Your Customer (KYC)’.
- Janseva Sahakari Bank was fined for contravention of the direction issued by on KYC.
- The penalty on the Ajara Urban Co-operative Bank has been imposed for contravention of direction on ‘Maintenance of Deposit Accounts’
11. Which Bank has launched the Aarogyam Healthcare Business Loan in order to provide enhanced support to the healthcare sector in India amid the pandemic?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) State Bank of India
C) CSB Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: B) State Bank of India
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has launched the Aarogyam Healthcare Business Loan in order to provide enhanced support to the healthcare sector in India amid the pandemic.
- Under this new product, entire healthcare ecosystem such as hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic centres, pathology labs, manufacturers, suppliers, importers, logistic firms engaged in critical healthcare supply can avail of loans up to Rs 100 crore (as per the geographic location) repayable in 10 years.
- The Aarogyam Loan can be availed either as term loan to support expansion/ modernisation or as working capital facilities such as cash credit, bank guarantee/ letter of credit.
- In metro centres loans under Aarogyam can be availed up to Rs 100 crore, Tier I & Urban centres up to Rs 20 crores and in Tier II to Tier VI centres up to Rs 10 crore.
- The beneficiary units/ borrowing companies availing loan of up to Rs 2 crore will not be required to offer any collateral or security to the bank as this will be covered under the guarantee scheme of Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE).
- Aarogyam Healthcare Business Loan will be eligible under the COVID loan book being created by banks announced by RBI as part of COVID relief measures.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
12. Which platform, NSDC launch initiative for skill development, entrepreneurship opportunities for youth?
Answer: E) Whatsapp
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and WhatsApp launched its Digital Skill Champions Programme that aims to train Indian youth on digital skills to make them employment ready.
- The partnership identifies two broad areas of collaboration – WhatsApp Digital Skills Academy, and Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) and WhatsApp Business App Training sessions.
- Through this programme, school and university students would be coached to imbibe digital and online skills that would culminate with WhatsApp and NSDC awarding ‘Digital Skill Champions’ certification.
13. Who has been awarded the Balgandharva Award for the year 2020?
D) Nirmala Gogte
E) Ganesha Sarma
Answer: D) Nirmala Gogte
- Nirmala Gogte, a veteran actor/singer of the Sangeet Natak form of drama has been awarded the Balgandharva Award for the year 2020.
- The 2021 awards were also announced on Wednesday, with singer Reva Natu, violinist Rama Chobhe, Sameer Hampi, playwright Prasad Vanarase, producer- director Pravin Vaidya, and Ganesh Malvadkar, being named as recipients.
- This annual award, given by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), has been delayed due to the Covid-19 epidemic.
- Mayor Murlidhar Mohol, on the eve of Bal Gandharva’s birth anniversary on June 26.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
14. Which country plans its first crewed mission to Mars in 2033?
D) New Zealand
Answer: B) China
- China aims to send its first crewed mission to Mars in 2033, with regular follow-up flights to follow, under a long-term plan to build a permanently inhabited base on the Red Planet and extract its resources.
- The ambitious plan, which will intensify a race with the United States to plant humans on Mars, was disclosed in detail for the first time after China landed a robotic rover on Mars in mid-May in its inaugural mission to the planet.
- Crewed launches to Mars are planned for 2033, 2035, 2037, 2041 and beyond, the head of China’s main rocket maker, Wang Xiaojun, told a space exploration conference in Russia recently by video link.
- Before the crewed missions begin, China will send robots to Mars to study possible sites for the base and to build systems to extract resources there, the official China Space News reported on Wednesday, citing Wang, who is head of the China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology.
15. ISRO and NOAA from which country launched a multinational project for innovation?
Answer: D) USA
- A multinational project, co-led by ISRO and NOAA from the US, that aims to improve the accuracy of coastal data based on satellite and land-based observations has been recently endorsed by a UN body for its use of innovative technology, and for fostering trust and collaboration among scientists.
- The project is called Committee on Earth Observation SatellitesCoastal Observations, Applications, Services, and Tools (CEOS COAST).
- Its pilot projects are uniquely capable of using Earth Observation technologies to meet several of the 17 UN-designated sustainable development goals for the Ocean Decade initiative, NOAA said in a statement.
- NOAA stands for “National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration”.
- The themes of these projects include disaster risk reduction and coastal resilience among continental shorelines and small island nations.
16. Which country signed the framework agreement of the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement (ISA FA) and Instrument of Ratification with India?
C) Republic of Nicaragua
Answer: D) Denmark
- Denmark signed the framework agreement of the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement (ISA FA) and Instrument of Ratification with India.
- ISA is an alliance of over 120 countries initiated by India, most of them being sunshine countries which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
17. Shri Mansukh Mandaviya chaired which edition of meeting of the Maritime State Development Council (MSDC) through a video conference?
Answer: D) 18th
- Union Minister of State (I/C) for Port, Shipping and Waterways Shri Mansukh Mandaviya chaired the 18th meeting of the Maritime State Development Council (MSDC) through a video conference organized by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
- The key items discussed during the meeting
- Indian Port Bill 2021: A step towards accelerating India’s Port Development
- NMHC – India’s first maritime heritage complex
- Enhancing Port Connectivity
- Floating Jetties for Marine Operations & Seaplane Services
18. Kiren Rijiju launches official theme song of Indian Olympic Team of Tokyo 2020. Who is composed in this song?
B) A. R. Rahman
C) Kalyanji Anandji
D) Bappi Lahiri
E) Mohit Chauhan
Answer: E) Mohit Chauhan
- Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju launched the official theme song of the Indian Olympic Team of Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games on the occasion of Olympic Day in New Delhi.
- On this occasion Secretary, GoI, Ministry of Sports Shri Ravi Mittal, IOA President Shri Narinder Batra and Secretary-general Shri Rajeev Mehta and DG SAI Shri Sandip Pradhan and other officials were also present.
- The song has been composed and sung by popular playback singer Mohit Chauhan and lyrics are penned by his wife Ms Prathna Gahilote.
19. Which Member Countries have unanimously agreed on an innovation cooperation at the grouping’s 11th Science and Technology Steering Committee meeting?
Answer: E) BRICS
- BRICS nations have unanimously agreed on an innovation cooperation at the grouping’s 11th Science and Technology Steering Committee meeting.
- The proposal put forward by India would be considered at the BRICS Science, Technology and Innovation Entrepreneurship (STIEP) working group for elaborating the action plan.
- The concept note and action plan for BRICS Innovation Cooperation 2021-2024 was discussed during the meeting held on Tuesday to review the implementation of the BRICS Science, Technology and Innovation(STI) Calendar of Activities.
- The discussions also included BRICS Young Scientist Conclave, BRICS Senior Official Meetings and BRICS Science and Technology Ministerial Meeting It was hosted by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and attended by representatives from BRICS scientific ministries.
20. Which state Real Estate Appellate Tribunal launched its newly designed and developed official website www.oreat.nic.in?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Odisha
- Odisha Real Estate Appellate Tribunal launched its newly designed and developed official website www.oreat.nic.in.
- The website was launched with an objective to create a utilitarian and user friendly browsing for the litigants, advocates, builders, promoters, real estate agents, developers, home buyers and the general public.
- The website was inaugurated by Mr Justice. S C Parida, Chairperson of Odisha Real Estate Appellate Tribunal, Bhubaneswar through virtual mode
- The website is designed to be useful or practical rather than attractive.
21. Which state has become first rabies-free state in country?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Goa
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said that the state had not reported a single rabies case in the last three years, making it the first rabies-free state in the country
rabies control had been carried out by Mission Rabies project, being run through a central government grant.
22. Which state govt launches tablet PC scheme for 1.5 lakh students?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Karnataka
- The State Government will spend Rs 195 crore this fiscal year to boost digital learning for students in government colleges.
- Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa rolled out an initiative that aims to promote digital learning and bridge the digital divide in higher education.
- As part of the initiative, tablet PCs will be distributed to about 1.55 lakh students of government colleges.
- The higher education department also hopes to convert 2,500 classrooms in colleges into smart classes and developing a unique Learning Management System (LMS) that will facilitate online and offline classes.
23. Which state launched the first-of-its-kind animal welfare war room to reach out to dairy farmers, cattle-breeders and increase the health and productivity of livestock?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Karnataka
- The Karnataka government launched the first-of-its-kind animal welfare war room to reach out to dairy farmers, cattle-breeders and increase the health and productivity of livestock.
- The war room has been set up at the Commissionerate of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services (CAHVS) in Bengaluru.
- An animal welfare helpline number has been set up at the CAHVS at an expense of Rs 45 lakh.
- The helpline, which would be available round the clock, would work to protect livestock against disease, natural disasters and human-caused harm and cruelty, said Karnataka Animal Husbandry Minister Prabhu Chauhan.
TO ATTEND QUIZ – Click here