Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 25 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Vitiligo Day is observed on which date?
A) June 19
B) June 23
C) June 6
D) June 25
E) June 12
Answer: D) June 25
- World Vitiligo Day 2021 is observed annually on June 25 to create awareness globally about this rare skin disease.
- In around 1-2 per cent of the population across the globe, people are suffering from this rare condition.
- Vitiligo occurs due to a lack of melanin, that is, loss of pigment creating pale white patches on the skin.
- Vitiligo Day was introduced as this disease is often met with misconceptions of being a transferable disease on touch.
- The date, June 25 was chosen in a memorial to music artist Michael Jackson, who also suffered from this rare skin disease until his death, which occurred on June 25, 2009.
World Vitiligo Day 2021: History
- This idea was nursed by Steve Haragadon, the founder of the Vitiligo Friends network, and then developed by Ogo Maduewesi, a Nigerian vitiligo patient who is the founder and Executive Director of the Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation (VITSAF).
- The first World Vitiligo Day, also known as Vitiligo Awareness Day or Vitiligo Purple Fun Day, was observed in 2011.
International Day of the Seafarer 2021:
- Observed on June 25 every year, Day of the Seafarer recognises the invaluable contribution of seafarers to the worldwide commerce and economic system.
- Almost 90 percent of the world’s goods trade are transported by ships and behind these ships are the seafarers who work relentlessly to ensure smooth flow of trade via water.
- The day honours their contributions and is celebrated to show reverence to them.
International Day of the Seafarer 2021: Theme
- The theme of this year is ‘Seafarers: at the core of shipping’s future’.
2. Shooter Saurabh Chaudhary clinched the bronze medal in men’s 10m air pistol at the shooting World Cup in which country?
C) Republic of Nicaragua
Answer: D) Croatia
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. The World Bank Board of Executive Directors has approved a how much amount program to support Kerala’s preparedness against natural disasters, climate change impacts, disease outbreaks, and pandemics?
A) $115 million
B) $135 million
C) $145 million
D) $155 million
E) $125 million
Answer: E) $125 million
4. RBI has extended the restrictions placed on Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank till which date?
A) July 31
B) November 30
C) October 31
D) May 31
E) December 31
Answer: E) December 31
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the restrictions placed on Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank till December 31.
- RBI has, on June 18, granted “in-principle” approval to Centrum Financial Services Ltd (CFSL) to take over beleaguered PMC Bank via small finance bank (SFB) route.
- It has given Centrum 120 days to to commence operations.
- The approval came as a ray of hope for the PMC depositors who waited anxiously for almost two years after over Rs 10,723 crore were stuck in the crippled cooperative bank that has been under RBI administrator since September 2019.
5. Which financial institution launches FY21 round of survey on ITES exports?
Answer: E) RBI
- The Reserve Bank said it has launched the 2020-21 round of its annual survey on computer software and information technology enabled services (ITES) exports, results of which are used for compilation of balance of payments statistics.
- The RBI has been conducting this annual survey since 2002-03.
- It collects data on various aspects of computer services exports as well as exports of ITES and business process outsourcing (BPO).
- The survey results are released in the public domain, besides being used for compilation of balance of payments (BoP) statistics and other uses, it said in a release.
6. Sanjay Gupta has been elected as chairman of IAMAI for 2021-23. He was MD of which company?
D) Microsoft India
E) Google India
Answer: E) Google India
- Industry body IAMAI said Google India Vice President and Managing Director Sanjay Gupta has been elected as its chairman for the period 2021-23.
- He succeeds Amazon Senior Vice President and India Country Manager Amit Agarwal.
7. Meenesh Shah has been assigned the additional charge of the post of Chairman of NDDB for howmany months?
Answer: A) 6
- National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)’s executive director, Meenesh Shah has been assigned the additional charge of the post of Chairman of the dairy body for six months, an official statement said.
- Shah has taken over the additional charge as NDDB Chairman effective June 1, 2021 after Varsha Joshi’s tenure ended on May 31, 2021.
8. Who has been appointed as secretary for the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)?
D) V.Guna Bharathi
Answer: B) V.Raghunandan
- V.Raghunandan has been appointed as secretary for the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
- Raghunandan was working as a deputy director general at the Department of Telecommunications.
9. Which state is top performer under the Smart Cities mission’s India Smart Cities Awards Contest (ISAC) 2020?
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Uttar Pradesh
- The Union ministry of housing and urban affairs has ranked Uttar Pradesh as top performer under the Smart Cities mission’s India Smart Cities Awards Contest (ISAC) 2020 followed by Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- Among cities, Indore and Surat were adjudged joint winners.
- Among Union Territories, Chandigarh was ranked first.
- The awards were announced to commemorate 6 years of the three urban transformative missions of the Central government — Smart Cities Mission (SCM), Atal Mission for Urban Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U), which were launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25, 2015.
10. Which country operationalised its first fully electrified bullet train in the remote Himalayan region of Tibet?
Answer: E) China
- China operationalised its first fully electrified bullet train in the remote Himalayan region of Tibet, connecting the provincial capital Lhasa with Nyingchi, a strategically located Tibetan border town close to Arunachal Pradesh.
- The 435.5-km Lhasa-Nyingchi section of the Sichuan-Tibet Railway has been inaugurated ahead of the centenary celebrations of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) on July 1.
11. Which state becomes first state to launch its own MOOCS platform under MAKAUT?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) West Bengal
Answer: E) West Bengal
Bengal Cabinet approves Student Credit Card scheme:
- The West Bengal Cabinet approved the Student Credit Card scheme, which the Trinamool Congress had promised in its election manifesto.
- A student can get a soft loan of up to Rs 10 lakh to pursue higher studies with the help of the credit card.
- She added that one person is eligible for the scheme till 40 years of age.
12. Which state signs MoU with UK govt to strengthen start-ups ecosystem?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Maharashtra
- Maharashtra signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the British government under their ‘ACT4Green’ programme, which aims to enable the Indian and UK start-ups to expand internationally through market entry support in their respective cross-border markets of interest.
13. Who launched HYSEA ( Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association) Women Leaders’ Forum?
A) Tamilisai Soundararajan
B) Rajnath Singh
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: A) Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Telangana Governor and Lt.Governor of Puducherry, Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan launched HYSEA ( Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association) Women Leaders’ Forum virtually from Puducherry.
- The forum will also serve as an important networking platform for women leaders.
- The forum will work towards identifying the challenges, develop programs and initiatives for the women leaders to effectively manage them, create mentoring and counselling platforms, set quantifiable targets to create leaders at different levels and continuously improve these numbers over a period of time.
14. India test-fired its subsonic cruise nuclear-capable missile Nirbhay with a range of ______ from the Integrated Test Range(ITR) at Chandipur off Odisha coast?
Answer: A) 1000-km
DRDO successfully test fires Enhanced Pinaka Rocket:
- Continuing the development of Artillery Rocket Systems, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test fired extended range version of indigenously developed Pinaka rocket from a Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher (MBRL) on 24th and 25th June 2021 at Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Twenty-five Enhanced Pinaka Rockets were launched in quick succession against targets at different ranges.
- All the mission objectives were met during the launches.
- The enhanced range version of Pinaka Rocket System can destroy targets at distances up to 45 kms.
15. PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline extended to _________ by government?
A) November 30
B) September 30
C) August 31
D) October 31
E) December 31
Answer: B) September 30
- The PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline has yet again been extended by the government. As per announcement made by Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs Anurag Thakur via his Twitter handle, the deadline to link PAN with Aadhaar has been extended by three months to September 30, 2021 from the current deadline of June 30, 2021.
- The PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline has been extended due to the second wave of the novel coronavirus pandemic.
- The government has already extended the deadline thrice due to Covid-19 – first from March 31, 2020, to June 30, 2020, then to March 31, 2021, and then again to June 30, 2021