Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 23 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. The United Nations Public Service Day is celebrated on which date?
A) June 19
B) June 23
C) June 6
D) June 7
E) June 12
Answer: B) June 23
- The United Nations Public Service Day is celebrated on June 23 every year.
- The day highlights the value and virtue of public service to communities and development, as well as recognizes the work of public servants and encourages young people to pursue careers in the public sector.
- Every year is a specific theme to celebrate the day, this year, the United Nations Public Service Day will be celebrated under the theme of “Innovating the Future Public Service: New Government Models for a New Era to Reach the SDGs”.
International Olympic Day 2021:
- Every year on 23 June, International Olympic Day is celebrated across the world.
- The day was initially observed to promote the idea of the Olympics and in order to celebrate the establishment of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
- This committee was formed on 23 June, 1894 in Sorbonne, Paris.
- The Olympics games were revived by Pierre de Coubertin, as mentioned on the website of the International Olympic Committee.
2. Pooja Agarwal bags two silver medals at World Shooting Para Sport World Cup in which country?
C) Republic of Nicaragua
Answer: B) Peru
- Pooja Agarwal working as a manager at Indian Bank, Pooja continues to train at Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range and she also represents India at a global level.
- The 35-year-old Pooja had met with a tragic accident and suffered a trilateral amputation in the year 2012.
- She started shooting in the year 2016 after joining the bank in the year 2014.
- Pooja Agarwal’s sporting passion is Shooting-10m Air Pistol (SH1A) and she ranks 12th in the world and 11th in Asia amongst para shooters.
- In 2017, Pooja won her first international medal at the World Shooting Para Sport World Cup in Al Ain, UAE, for a 10m air pistol event.
3. What is the rank of The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore in the top global 100 list in the latest 2021 edition of Executive MBA Rankings?
Answer: E) 39
|1||HEC Paris’ Executive MBA|
|2||The Wharton School’s MBA for executives|
|3||IESE Business School’s Global Executive MBA|
|4||MIT Sloan School of Management’s Executive MBA|
|5||Said Business School’s Executive MBA|
4. Who has topped the EdelGive Hurun Philanthropists of the Century?
A) Henry Wellcome
B) Bill Gates & Melinda French Gates
C) Azim Premji
D) Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata
E) Howard Hughes
Answer: D) Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata
|Rank||Original Philanthropist||Estimated Current Value of Donation
|Start of Key Endowments||Key Person Today||Country||Main Cause|
|1||Jamsetji Tata||102.4||189.2||Ratan Tata||India||Education , Healthcare|
|2||Bill Gates & Melindia French Gates||74.6||2000||Bill Gates & Melindia Fresnch Gates||USA||Healthcare|
|3||Henry Welicome||56.7||1936||Eliza Manningham-Buller||UK||Healthcare|
|4||Howard Hughes||38.6||1953||Clayton S. Rose||USA||Research & Development|
|5||Warren Buffet||37.4||2006||Warren Buffet||USA||Healthcare|
- Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, founder of the Tata Group, has topped the EdelGive Hurun Philanthropists of the Century.
- The report pegs the current value of his donation – mainly to education and healthcare – at $102.4 billion with the start of his key endowments way back in 1892.
- Tata is the only Indian in the top 10 list.
- The other Indian among the top 50 is Azim Premji, former chairman of Wipro, who is ranked 12th.
- Bill Gates & Melinda French Gates, Henry Wellcome, Howard Hughes and Warren Buffett are among the top 5.
- Mackenzie Scott, the former wife of Jeff Bezos, Donated $8.5 billion directly to charities, most ever in a single year by a living donor.
5. According to this year’s Mercer Cost of Living Survey, which city is topped in this list of the world’s most expensive city for foreign workers?
D) Hong Kong
Answer: E) Ashgabat
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. Which Bank has announced launch of a new feature that enables its customers to send money or make payments to any of their contacts across all payment apps simply by the beneficiary’s mobile number?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) IndusInd Bank
C) CSB Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
- The ‘Pay Your Contact’ service is available on the lender’s mobile banking app and uses the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) platform.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
7. The Startup Wife is authored by whom?
A) Jeff Kinney
B) SK Joshi
C) RJ Palacio
D) Tahmima Anam
Answer: D) Tahmima Anam
- A new “feminist satire” by award-winning author Tahmima Anam explores the dynamics of a modern-day marriage when in a highly competition driven world.
- The novel, titled The Startup Wife has been published by Penguin Random House India.
8. Which Airport has won Airport Council International (ACI) Director General’s Roll of Excellence honour in Airport Service Quality?
A) Chennai International Airport Ltd
B) Cochin International Airport Ltd
C) Hyderabad International Airport Ltd
D) Kolkata International Airport Ltd
E) Mumbai International Airport Ltd
Answer: B) Cochin International Airport Ltd
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. IBM and which Institution announced the launch of a hybrid cloud lab to advance hybrid cloud research in India?
A) IIT Mandi
B) IIT Mumbai
C) IIT Bombay
D) IISc Bangalore
E) IIT Madras
Answer: D) IISc Bangalore
10. India and which country kicked off a two-day multi-domain wargame in the Indian Ocean?
Answer: C) USA
11. The Cabinet approved an agreement between India and which country for the exchange of tax information and assistance in the collection?
D) Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Answer: D) Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- The Cabinet approved an agreement between India and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines for the exchange of tax information and assistance in the collection.
- The agreement between India and St Vincent and the Grenadines, which is an island nation, will help in facilitating the exchange of information between the two countries, including sharing of information held by the banks and other financial institutions encompassing the information regarding the legal and beneficial ownership.
- It will also facilitate the assistance in the collection of the tax claims between the two countries.
- Thus, it will strengthen India’s commitment to fight offshore tax evasion and tax avoidance practices, leading to the generation of unaccounted black money.
12. The Cabinet approved a proposal to extend the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) to provide free ration to over 80 crore people mostly poor by how many more months?
Answer: A) 5
13. Which Institution has launched the IGBC Green High-Speed Rail Rating System during an exclusive session with National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL)?
A) IIT Madras
Answer: E) CII-IGBC
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)-Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) has launched the IGBC Green High-Speed Rail Rating System during an exclusive session with National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) on June 21.
- IGBC appreciates and acknowledges the excellent leadership of Mr Achal Khare, Managing Director, NHSRCL in opening new perspectives on how Indian High-Speed Rail project can become a green role model.
- The rating system was launched online by Mr Achal Khare, Managing Director, NHSRCL and Mr V Suresh, Chairman, IGBC.
- The session was attended by officials of NHSRCL, IGBC and industry leaders & expert of transit sector.
14. Which state will launch the state Learning Management System to promote digital learning in higher education?
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Karnataka
- This smart learning management system will cover 430 government first grade colleges, 87 government polytechnics and 14 Government engineering colleges.
- The students will be able to access learning material, interact with teachers via online and offline mode and at the same time the evaluation of students and teachers will be carried out through this digital media.
15. Which state is all set to get its fourth tiger reserve in Bundi?
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Rajasthan
- The Rajasthan government last year first announced the plan to develop the Bundi sanctuary as a tiger reserve to provide a second habitat to Ranthambore tigers and to boost tourism.
- Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in Sawai Madhopur, Alwar’s Sariska Tiger Reserve, and Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve in Kota have over 100 big cats.
TO ATTEND QUIZ – Click here