Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 11 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Cheteshwar Pujara became only _____ Indian to crossed the 6000-run mark in Test cricket?
Answer: E) 11th
- Cheteshwar Pujara became only the 11th Indian to crossed the 6000-run mark in Test cricket.
- Pujara, playing his 80th game, reached the milestone on day five of the third Test against Australia at the SCG.
- The other Indians who have 6000 plus runs are as follows
Cheteshwar Pujara – 11th Indian to cross 6000-run mark in Test cricket.
2. A 13-day Khelo India Zanskar Winter Sport & Youth festival 2021 to begin from which date?
A) 14th January
B) 13th January
C) 16th January
D) 17th January
E) 18th January
Answer: E) 18th January
- The Ladakh UT administration is promoting far-flung and snowbound Zanskar as winter tourism destination.
- A 13-day Khelo India Zanskar Winter Sport & Youth festival 2021 to begin from 18th January.
- Starting from 18th till 30th January, Chadar Trek on Zanskar river, meditation, yoga, ice skating, Hockey, snow skieing, climbing, traditional Archery, snow scooter, biking, Yak and horse riding, Snow sculpturing and food and cultural festivals.
Capitals: Leh, Kargil
Lt Governor: Radha Krishna Mathur
Ladakh – A 13-day Khelo India Zanskar Winter Sport & Youth festival 2021.
3. Senior Journalist Turlapati Kutumba Rao passed away. He won Padma Shri award in which year?
Answer: C) 2002
- Senior Journalist, noted orator and Padma Shri recipient Turlapati Kutumba Rao passed away.
- Born on August 10, 1933 in Vijayawada, Rao was the editor of Andhra Jyothi Telugu daily for several years.
- He had written over 4,000 biographies and delivered over 16,000 public speeches which had been recorded by the Telugu Book of Records as a world record.
- The Senior Journalist also worked as Secretary for the first Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu and also worked as the Chairman of the AP Grandhalaya Parishad.
- Rao was conferred with Padma Shri award for his great service in Journalism in 2002 and was the first Journalist in Andhra Pradesh to be honoured with the award.
- He was also recipient of several awards including the Pratibha Puraskar and title of Guardian of Telugu.
Capital: Visakhapatnam (executivE) , Amaravati (legislativE) , Kurnool (judicial)
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
Turlapati Kutumba Rao – Senior Journalist, noted orator and Padma Shri recipient.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. IFC committed around how much amount to Parag Milk Foods Limited in the form of non-convertible debentures to support the company’s working capital needs and long-term capex plans?
A) $21 million
B) $11 million
C) $31 million
D) $51 million
E) $41 million
Answer: C) $31 million
- Parag Milk Foods Limited (Parag) is planning to raise money from International Finance Corporation (IFC) for meeting the company’s working capital needs and for its long-term expansion plan.
- IFC committed around $31 million (around Rs 230 crorE) to Parag in the form of non-convertible debentures to support the company’s working capital needs and long-term capex plans.
IFC – $31 million to Parag Milk’s working capital needs, long-term expansion plans.
5. Which bank launched WhatsApp banking offers services such as instant account opening, balance enquiry, deposit opening, mini statement, PIN generation for net/mobile banking and bill payments?
A) IndusInd Bank
B) Jammu & Kashmir Bank
C) City Union Bank
D) South Indian Bank
E) RBL Bank
Answer: C) City Union Bank
- The Kumbakonam-headquartered bank said CUB’s customers can now do banking through WhatsApp on the go.
- CUB’s WhatsApp banking offers services such as instant account opening, balance enquiry, deposit opening, mini statement, PIN generation for net/mobile banking and bill payments.
City Union Bank:
Headquarters: Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
MD & CEO:Dr. N. Kamakodi
Tagline: Trust and Excellence since 1904
City Union Bank – Launch ‘WhatsApp Banking’ to its Customers.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. Adani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL) has commissioned a 25 MW solar power plant in which place?
A) Hyderabad, Telangana
B) Kolkata, West Bengal
C) Bangalore, Karnataka
D) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
E) Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh
- Adani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL) has commissioned a 25 MW solar power plant in Chitrakoot, Uttar Pradesh.
- Adani Solar Energy Chitrakoot One Ltd, a step-down subsidiary of AGEL, has commissioned the solar power plant.
- This plant has a power purchase agreement with Noida Power Company Ltd (NPCL) at Rs 3.08/KWh.
- With this commissioning, AGEL’s total operational renewable capacity has grown to 2,975 MW.
- With the commissioning of this project, AGEL has total renewable capacity of 14,795 MW including 11,820 MW awarded and under implementation projects.
CM: Yogi Adityanath
Governor: Anandiben Patel
Adani Green Energy Limited:
Headquarters: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Founder: Gautam Adani
Adani Green – Commission 25 MW solar plant in Uttar Pradesh’s Chitrakoot.
7. NITI Aayog and which e-commerce Platform have come together to launch the revamped Women Entrepreneurship Platform?
Answer: A) Flipkart
- In an effort to enhance the community experience for women entrepreneurs in India, NITI Aayog and Flipkart, India’s homegrown e-commerce marketplace have come together to launch the revamped Women Entrepreneurship Platform.
- The Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) is a first of its kind, unified access
portal which brings together women from different parts of India to realize their
- The revamped version shall also include an additional feature to offer mentorship to the women mentees with specific knowledge concerning a problem area through a dedicated online mechanism facilitated under FICCI-FLO’s Empowering the Greater 50% mission.
Abbreviation: National Institution for Transforming India Aayog
HEADQUARTERS: New Delhi, Delhi
CEO: Amitabh Kant
Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy
NITI Aayog + Flipkart = Collaborate to enhance Women Entrepreneurship Platform.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
8. Unscripted: Conversations on Life and Cinema is authored by whom?
A) Vidhu Vinod Chopra
B) Vijay Kumar Choudhary
C) Shri Parameswaran Iyer
D) Sharon Stone
E) Michael Cohen
Answer: A) Vidhu Vinod Chopra
Unscripted: Conversations on Life and Cinema – Vidhu Vinod Chopra + Abhijat Joshi (Author) – Penguin (Publisher).
9. Sadyr Zhaparov is elected as President of which country?
Answer: E) Kyrgyzstan
Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
Sadyr Zhaparov – Kyrgyzstan’s President.
10. Which Movie won Best Horror Movie in Critics’ Choice Super Awards?
A) The Invisible Man
C) The Orphanage
D) Return of the Living Dead
E) The Witch
Answer: A) The Invisible Man
|Best Action Movie||Spike Lee’s Da 5 Bloods|
|Best Animated Movie||Soul|
|Best Horror Movie||The Invisible Man|
|Best Science Fiction/Fantasy Movie||Palm Springs|
|Best Superhero Movie||The Old Guard|
|Best Villain in a Movie||Jim Carrey||Sonic the Hedgehog|
|Best Actor in an Action Movie||Delroy Lindo||Da 5 Bloods|
|Best Actress in an Action Movie||Betty Gilpin||The Hunt|
|Best Voice Actor in an Animated Movie||Jamie Foxx||Soul|
|Best Voice Actress in an Animated Movie||Tina Fey||Soul|
|Best Actor in a Horror Movie||Vince Vaughn||Freaky|
|Best Actress in a Horror Movie||Elisabeth Moss||The Invisible Man|
|Best Actor in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Movie||Andy Samberg||Palm Springs|
|Best Actress in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Movie||Cristin Milioti||Palm Springs|
|Best Actor in a Superhero Movie||Ewan McGregor||Birds of Prey|
|Best Actress in a Superhero Movie||Margot Robbie||Birds of Prey|
|Best Action Series||Vikings|
|Best Animated Series||BoJack Horseman|
|Best Horror Series||Lovecraft Country|
|Best Science Fiction/Fantasy Series||The Mandalorian|
|Best Superhero Series||The Boys|
|Best Villain in a Series||Antony Starr||The Boys|
|Best Actor in an Action Series||Daveed Diggs||Snowpiercer|
|Best Actress in an Action Series||Angela Bassett||9-1-1|
|Best Voice Actor in an Animated Series||Will Arnett||BoJack Horseman|
|Best Voice Actress in an Animated Series||Kaley Cuoco||Harley Quinn|
|Best Actor in a Horror Series||Jensen Ackles||Supernatural|
|Best Actress in a Horror Series||Jurnee Smollett||Lovecraft Country|
|Best Actor in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Series||Patrick Stewart||Star Trek: Picard|
|Best Actress in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Series||Natasia Demetriou||What We Do in the Shadows|
|Best Actor in a Superhero Series||Antony Starr||The Boys|
|Best Actress in a Superhero Series||Aya Cash||The Boys|
- The Star Trek franchise was bestowed with the Legacy Award. Patrick Stewart and Sonequa Martin-Green accepted the honour.
The Invisible Man – Best Horror Movie in Critics Choice Super Awards.
11. Which Railway won National Energy Conservation Awards (NECA) for the year 2020 organized by BEE?
A) Western Railway
B) Northern Railway
C) Eastern Railway
D) Western Railway
E) North Eastern Railway
Answer: A) Western Railway
- Ministry of Power, in association with Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) , organised the 30th National Energy Conservation Awards (NECA) function.
- Shri R. K. Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy and Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship was the chief guest on this occasion.
- This year, due to the COVID pandemic, the function was organised as a Hybrid event transmitted from VigyanBhawan.
- During the event, the Standards and Labelling Programme for Air Compressors and Ultra High Definition (UHD) TV on voluntary basis was initiated; SAATHEE (State-wise Actions on Annual Targets and Headways on Energy Efficiency) – A portal for State Designated Agency for state level activities was also launched.
- The Star Labelling Programme for Air Compressor and UHD TV.
- The Star Labelling Programme for Air Compressor and UHD TV is launched on a voluntary basis and the energy consumption standards will be effective from 01st January 2021.
- This initiative is expected to save around 8.41 Billion Units of electricity for Air Compressors and 9.75 Billion Units for UHD TV till 2030.
- BEE has developed a Management Information System (MIS) portal namely State-wise Actions on Annual Targets and Headways on Energy Efficiency (SAATHEE) which will facilitate real-time monitoring of the progress of implementation of various Energy Conservation endeavours at State level.
- BEE is a statutory body under Ministry of Power which is mandated to implement policy and programmes in energy efficiency and conservation.
- The objective of such initiatives is to reduce energy intensity in our country by optimizing energy demand and reduce emissions of greenhouse gases (GHG) which are responsible for global warming and climate change.
NATIONAL ENERGY CONSERVATION AWARD – 2020
THERMAL POWER PLANT
>100 MW (Coal & Gas)
|First Prize||GMR Warora Energy Ltd – 2 x 300 MW,
|Second Prize||JSW Energy (Barmer) Limited, Barmer
|Certificate of Merit||IL & FS Tamil Nadu Power Company Limited, Chennai, (Tamil Nadu)|
|Nabha Power Limited, Rajpura (Punjab)|
|Rihand Super Thermal Power Station,
Sonebhadra (Uttar Pradesh)
|Budge Budge Thermal Power Station, South 24 Parganas (West Bengal)|
< 100 MW (Coal & Gas)
|First Prize||UltraTech Cement Ltd. – Awarpur Cement Works, Chandrapur (Maharashtra)|
|First Prize||Heritage Foods Limited, Chittoor
|Second Prize||Heritage Foods Limited, Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)|
|Certificate of Merit||Heritage Foods Limited, Bengaluru (Karnataka)|
|First Prize||Vedanta Limited Smelter Plant-1, Jharsuguda (Odisha)|
|First Prize||Vedanta Limited (Lanjigarh), Kalahandi (Odisha)|
|First Prize||IOCL-Paradip Refinery, Jagatsinghpur (Odisha)|
|Certificate of Merit||Bharat Petroleum Corporation – Kochi Refinery, Ernakulam, Koshi (Kerala)|
|First Prize||Tata Motors Limited, Dist. Jamshedpur
|Second Prize||Tata Motors Limited, CVBU, Lucknow
|Certificate of Merit||Tata Motors Ltd, Pantnagar Plant, Udham
Singh Nagar (Uttarakhand)
|Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd, Kolar (Karnataka)|
UREA BASED FERTILIZER
|First Prize||Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited, Phulpur Unit-I, Prayagraj
|Second Prize||Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited, Aonla Unit-I, Bareilly
|Certificate of Merit||Kribhco Fertilizers Limited, Shahjahanpur (Uttar Pradesh)|
|Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited, Aonla Unit-II, Bareilly
|First Prize||Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Ltd., Paradeep Unit, Jagatsinghpur (Odisha)|
|First Prize||Tata Steel Long Products Limited, Saraikela-Kharsawan Jamshedpur, (Jharkhand)|
|Certificate of Merit||Kirloskar Ferrous Industries Ltd, Koppal (Karnataka)|
|First Prize||Diesel Loco Shed, South Central Railway, Vijayawada Division, Vijayawada
|Second Prize||Kanchrapara Workshop, Eastern Railway
Workshop, North 24 Parganas
|Certificate of Merit||Mechanical Workshop, North Eastern Railway, Izzatnagar, Bareilly
|Central Railway Workshop, Mysore (Karnataka)|
|Mechanical Workshop, Dibrugarh North-East Frontier Railway, Dibrugarh (Assam)|
|Central Workshop, Ponmalai, Southern Railways, Tiruchchirappalli (Tamil Nadu)|
|First Prize||Western Railway, Churchgate, Mumbai (Maharashtra)|
|Second Prize||Eastern Railway, Kolkata (West Bengal)|
|Certificate of Merit||North Eastern Railway, Gorakhpur
|South Central Railway, Secunderabad (Telangana)|
STATE ROAD TRANSPORT UNDERTAKING
|Certificate of Merit||Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Ltd., Pune (Maharashtra)|
|First Prize||Chandigarh Municipality, Chandigarh|
|Certificate of Merit||North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC), Delhi|
STATE DESIGNATED AGENCIES -SDA
|First Prize||Energy Management Centre – Kerala|
|Second Prize||New and Renewable Energy Department,
|Telangana State Renewable Energy Development Corporation Limited|
|Certificate of Merit||Maharashtra Energy Development Agency (MEDA)|
|Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA)|
|First Prize||DRM Office, Western Railway, Bhavnagar Para, Bhavnagar (Gujarat)|
|Second Prize||Divisional Railway Manager Office Building,
|Certificate of Merit||Lekha Bhavan (Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer), Secunderabad (Telangana)|
|Electrical Department DRM Office North Eastern Railways Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)|
|First Prize||UN House, Dwarka, New Delhi|
|Second Prize||Candor Gurgaon One Realty Projects Pvt Ltd, Gurgaon (Haryana)|
|Certificate of Merit||Allianz Technology SE along with Allianz Services Pvt Ltd, Trivandrum (Kerala)|
|WNS Global Services (P) Ltd., Weikfield ITCITI INFOPARK, Pune (Maharashtra)|
APPLIANCE OF THE YEAR
|AC – Fixed Speed||Voltas
(Model No. 4011315)
|Voltas Limited, Udham Singh Nagar (Uttarakhand)|
|AC – Variable Speed||Voltas
(Model No. 4502530)
|Voltas Limited, Udham Singh Nagar (Uttarakhand)|
|Storage Type Water Heaters||Ariston
|Ariston Thermo India Private Limited, Pune (Maharashtra)|
|LED Bulb||Signify Innovations (9290011984)||Signify Innovations India Limited, Gurugram (Haryana)|
|Pumps||CRI (CRI4R-5/07)||C.R.I. Pumps Private Limited, Coimbatore
|Ceiling Fans||Versa Drives (Super Q)||Versa Drives Private Limited, Coimbatore
12. Retractable landing gear systems for unmanned aerial vehicles indigenously built by the Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment. It is unit of which Organization?
Answer: A) DRDO
- Retractable landing gear systems for unmanned aerial vehicles, indigenously built by the Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment.
- It is a unit of the DRDO, were handed over to the Navy.
- The gear systems were developed at CVRDE facility in suburban Avadi.
- The landing gear systems, as many as 18 types of state-of-the-art indigenously developed hydraulic lubrication and fuel filters were also handed over to the Navy.
- The filters, also designed and developed at CVRDE, were manufactured with support from industries under the Centre’s ‘Make in India’ initiative while the funding was from the DRDO and the Navy.
CVRDE, DRDO – Indigenously developed landing gear systems for UAVs handed over to Navy.
13. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has flagged off the 91st K9 VAJRA-T Gun from its armored system complex at Hazira. This gun is built by which company?
B) Larsen & Toubro
Answer: B) Larsen & Toubro
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has flagged off the 91st K9 VAJRA-T Gun from its armored system complex at Hazira developed by Larsen & Toubro.
- The ‘K9 VAJRA-T’ Howitzer Program involves the delivery of 100 systems with associated Engineering Support Package (ESP) covering Spares, Documentation & Training and Maintenance Transfer of Technology (MToT) to the Army Base Workshop to support the Howitzer regiments throughout their operational life cycle.
- The VAJRA variant developed by L&T with India specific features emerged fully compliant to Indian Army’s needs during the arduous and extended field trials.
- Larsen & Toubro is an Indian multinational engaged in engineering, procurement and construction projects, manufacturing, defense and services with over USD 21 billion in revenue.
- It operates in over 30 countries.
CM: Vijay Rupani
Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat
Larsen & Toubro:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO: S. N. Subrahmanyan
Gujarat CM – Flag of Larsen & Toubro-made 91st K9 Vajra-T Gun.
14. Which Minister launches ‘Single Window Clearance System’ for smooth operationalization of coal mines?
A) Home Minister
B) Finance Minister
C) Coal Minister
D) Women & Child Development Minister
E) External Affairs Minister
Answer: A) Home Minister
- The Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah inaugurated the ‘Single Window Clearance System Web Portal’ in the Coal Mining sector in New Delhi.
- Shri Amit Shah also handed over the Charter of letters to successful bidders of the country’s first Commercial Coal Mining Auction.
- Union Minister of Coal & Mining and Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Pralhad Joshi and senior officers were also present in the programme.
Minister: Amit Shah
Constituency: Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Amit Shah – ‘Single Window Clearance System’ for smooth operationalization of coal mines.
15. Which state is built 220-metre-long suspension foot bridge across the Lakaram tank at cost of ₹ 8 crore?
B) Andhra Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Telangana
Long suspension foot bridge:
- The Lakaram tank in this fort town is set to get a 220-metre-long suspension foot bridge across the rejuvenated lake and a floating musical fountain abutting the 2.6 km long tank bund soon.
- The suspension bridge will be built across the lake with a width of 1.5 metre at an estimated cost of ₹ 8 crore.
- It is designed by Girish Bharadwaj, popularly known as the “bridge man” of India
Tourism Minister V. Srinivas Goud is scheduled to lay the foundation stones for the suspension bridge, the musical fountain and the Haritha Budget Hotel in the town on January 12.
The Haritha Budget Hotel:
- The TSTDC’s Haritha Hotel will be constructed at a cost of ₹ 10 crore at the bypass road here. It will have 20 rooms and facilities like a restaurant, banquet hall and parking space.
The Lakaram tank, Telangana – 220-metre-long suspension foot bridge.
16. ISRO will adopt how many Atal Tinkering Labs across the country to promote scientific temperament among students and encourage them for space education and space technology related innovations?
Answer: D) 100
- ISRO will adopt 100 Atal Tinkering Labs across the country to promote scientific temperament among students and encourage them for space education and space technology related innovations.
- This decision was taken by ISRO and Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog at a virtual meeting.
- Through this collaboration, the Indian Space Research Organization will facilitate coaching and mentoring of students in advanced 21st century cutting-edge technologies, including those related to space.
- Atal Innovation Mission had earlier collaborated with ISRO for the Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE-ANIC Initiative along with four other ministries to spur applied research and innovation in Indian MSMEs and startups.
Abbreviation: National Institution for Transforming India Aayog
Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
CEO: Amitabh Kant
ISRO – Adopt 100 Atal Tinkering Labs to promote scientific temperament among students.