Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 10 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Hindi Day or Vishwa Hindi Divas is observed on which date?
A) January 09
B) January 10
C) January 11
D) January 12
E) January 13
Answer: B) January 10
World Hindi Day:
- World Hindi Day or Vishwa Hindi Divas is celebrated on January 10 every year, with an aim to promote the use of the Hindi language worldwide.
- January 10 marks the first World Hindi Conference that took place in 1975, in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- In 2006, then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh declared January 10 as World Hindi Day.
- Another objective of the occasion is to present Hindi as an international language.
- Vishwa Hindi Divas is celebrated at the Indian Embassies and government offices that organize lectures on different topics.
2. Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia was sworn in as the new Chief Justice of which High Court?
Answer: E) Guwahati
Sudhanshu Dhulia – New Chief Justice of Gauhati HC.
3. “Nomadland” won how many awards at this year’s National Society of Film Critics’ awards?
Answer: C) 4
|Screenplay||Eliza Hittman||“Never Rarely Sometimes Always”|
|Actor||Delroy Lindo||“Da 5 Bloods”|
|Supporting actress||Maria Bakalova||“Borat Subsequent Moviefilm”|
|Supporting actor||Paul Raci||“Sound of Metal”|
|Film heritage award||1. The Brattle Theatre in Cambridge, Mass.
2. Women Make Movies.
3. Film Comment
“Nomadland” – 4 awards at this year’s National Society of Film Critics’ awards
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
4. Which organization developed a ‘flexible water bottle’ and ‘Solar Snow Melter’ to India Army to address the issue of drinking water problems in freezing temperatures?
B) IIT Hyderabad
Answer: E) DRDO
- With over 50,000 Indian troops are deployed in Eastern Ladakh to fight against China, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed multiple products such the Him-Taapak heating devices and snow melters to help the soldiers fight the enemy in form of the extremely low temperatures.
The Him Tapak Space heating device:
- The Him Tapak space heating device (Bukhari) has been developed for the Indian Army deployed in Eastern Ladakh, Siachen and high-altitude areas.
- Device will ensure that there are no deaths of jawans due to back blast and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- DRDO also developed ‘Alocal cream’ that helps in preventing frostbite chilblains and other cold injuries to soldiers deployed in extremely cold areas.
‘flexible water bottle’:
- The ‘flexible water bottle’ developed by DIPAS can withstand temperature from minus 50 to 100 degree and the water inside the bottle won’t freeze due to cold, if it is stored in liquid form.
- It has also developed ‘Solar Snow Melter’ to address the issue of drinking water problems in freezing temperatures.
Abbreviation: Defence Research and Development Organisation
Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
Chairman: G. Satheesh Reddy
DRDO – develop multiple products to help Indian army battle extreme cold in deployment against China.
5. Which University has developed an advanced nanomaterial-based biosensing platform that can detect antibodies specific to SARS-CoV-2 within seconds?
A) University of London
B) University of Oxford
C) University of Stanford
D) Carnegie Mellon University
E) University of Cambridge
Answer: D) Carnegie Mellon University
Carnegie Mellon University:
- Researchers at the Carnegie Mellon University have developed an advanced nanomaterial-based biosensing platform that can detect antibodies specific to SARS-CoV-2 within seconds.
- The study published in the journal Advanced Materials.
- The platform will help to quantify patient’s immunological response to the new vaccines with precision.
- Researchers Stanford University in the United States, have developed a nanoparticle vaccine that elicits a virus-neutralizing antibody response even after a single dose.
- The primary target for Covid-19 vaccines is the spike protein, which is necessary for SARS-CoV-2’s entry into cells.
University College London:
- University College London develop a new risk-stratification tool that can precisely speculate the likelihood of deterioration in Covid-19 hospitalized patients.
- The recently developed online tool could guide clinicians’ decision-making — helping to improve patient outcomes and save lives.
- This tool is an advanced version of the Consortium’s previous work – ‘4C Mortality Score’ – To predict the percentage risk of death from Covid-19 after admission to hospital.
Carnegie Mellon University – An advanced nanomaterial-based biosensing platform – Can detect antibodies specific to SARS-CoV-2 within seconds.
6. Which state announces free 2GB/day data cards for college students?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami announced issuance of free datas card for college students.
- In order to enable the students to attend the online classes, the government has decided to give free data cards with usage capacity of 2 GB per day between January to April.
- The data cards will be issued to about 9.69 lakh students studying in the government and government assisted colleges by the Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu Ltd. (Elcot), a state government undertaking.
CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Tamil Nadu – Announce free 2GB/day data cards for college students.
7. The Cherry Blossom Mao Festival is celebrated on which state?
C) Andhra Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Manipur
- In Manipur, the Cherry Blossom Mao Festival was held at Senapati district marking the beginning of pink season in the district.
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh graced the function virtually due to the pandemic.
The Mao area of Senapati district in Manipur is known for Cherry Blossom, a plant which is popularly known as Sakura in Japan.
- The Manipur government started organizing the festival every year from 2017 onward.
However, this year, the authority decided to scale down the festival due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Manipur – Cherry Blossom Mao Festival.