Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 12 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Bayern Munich team is related to which sports?
Answer: E) Football
- Bayern Munich beat Tigres 1-0 to win the Club World Cup for its sixth title under coach Hansi Flick, hours after midfielder Thomas Müller tested positive for the coronavirus.
Bayern Munich – Beat Tigres 1-0 to win Club World Cup.
2. Sujan Singh Pathania passed away. He was related to which state?
A) Himachal Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
D) West Bengal
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Himachal Pradesh
- Senior Congress leader and sitting legislator in Himachal Pradesh Sujan Singh Pathania passed away.
- He was a former minister and sitting legislator from Fatehpur Assembly constituency in Kangra district.
- Born on September 22, 1943 in Lahore (Pakistan), Pathania was elected seven times as an MLA.
- Having served in the HP Forest Department as a range officer, he resigned from service to join Janata Party in 1977 and later became a member of the Congress party in 1980.
- Pathania was elected to the state Assembly in 1977; re-elected in 1990, 1993, 2003 November 2009 (by-election) from Jawali Assembly constituency and in 2012 and 2017 from Fatehpur Assembly constituency.
- Before delimitation in 2007, Fatehpur Assembly Constituency was known as Jawali.
- Pathania remained MPP and Power Minister with an additional charge of Non-Conventional Energy Sources, Agriculture from December 2012 to December 20, 2017.
Sujan Singh Pathania – Veteran Congress MLA, ex-minister.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which Bank partners with MSRDC has launched a FASTag powered truck terminal at Khalapur in Maharashtra?
A) Capital Small Finance Bank
B) A U Small Finance Bank
C) Equitas Small Finance Bank
D) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
E) Janalakshmi Small Finance Bank
Answer: C) Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Equitas Small Finance Bank (Equitas SFB) has partnered with Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation Limited (MSRDC) and Ocean Highway Facilities and Solutions Pvt Ltd for launching country’s first FASTag powered truck terminal at Khalapur, Maharashtra on the Yashwantrao Chavan Mumbai – Pune Expressway.
- The terminal has a capacity of 160 trucks, which can be parked at any given point in time.
- At this juncture more than 350 trucks visit the terminal in a day, said the bank.
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has developed the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) system to meet the electronic tolling requirements of the Indian market.
- It offers an interoperable nationwide toll payment solution including clearing house services for settlement and dispute management.
- FASTag offers the convenience of cashless payment along with benefits like – savings on fuel and time as the customer does not have to stop at the toll plaza.
Equitas Small Finance Bank:
Hq: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
MD & CEO: Mr. Vasudevan P N
Equitas Small Finance Bank + MSRDC – FASTag powered truck terminal.
4. The Government of India, the Government of Chhattisgarh and the World Bank signed a how much amount project to develop sustainable production systems that allow tribal households in remote areas of Chhattisgarh?
A) $200 million
B) $100 million
C) $300 million
D) $400 million
E) $500 million
Answer: B) $100 million
- The Government of India, the Government of Chhattisgarh and the World Bank signed a $100 million project to develop sustainable production systems that allow tribal households in remote areas of Chhattisgarh to practice round-the-year production of diversified and nutritious food.
- CHIRAAG – Chhattisgarh Inclusive Rural and Accelerated Agriculture Growth Project will be implemented in the southern tribal-majority region of the state where a large population is undernourished and poor.
- The project will benefit over 180,000 households from about 1,000 villages in eight districts of Chhattisgarh.
- The $100 million loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) has a maturity of 17.5 years, including a grace period of 5.5-years.
Members: 189 countries (IBRD), 173 countries (IDA)
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
Governor: Anusuiya Uikey
World Bank – $100 million – Project to Support Nutrition-Supportive Agriculture in Tribal-Dominated Areas of Chhattisgarh.
5. Star Health Insurance partners with which payment app to offer Digital Health Insurance?
A) Google Pay
B) Airtel Safe Pay
Answer: E) PhonePe
- Star Health and Allied Insurance, a leading standalone health Insurance company in India, announced the launch of its Arogya Sanjeevani policy on PhonePe – a popular Indian digital payments platform.
- All PhonePe users can now protect their families from financial burdens in the event of any medical emergency. The policy is available at an annual premium of only Rs. 2985/- (excluding GST) for sum insured of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Star Health’s Arogya Sanjeevani policy is a highly beneficial and an affordable health insurance policy.
- This policy has been designed to cover the most essential aspects of any instance of hospitalization in the family.
- The policy covers anyone up to 65 years with sum insured options up to Rs. 10 lakh.
- Arogya Sanjeevani policy comes with several advantages such as covering all day care procedures, lifelong renewals, cumulative bonus, Cataract treatment and Ayush Treatment to the limit of sum insured.
Star Health Insurance:
Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
MD & CEO: Mr. V. Jagannathan
Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO: Sameer Nigam
Star Health Insurance + PhonePe – Offer Digital Health Insurance.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. Which E-commerce Platform partners Maharashtra to bring local artisans, SMEs into the e-commerce fold?
Answer: E) Flipkart
- Flipkart has partnered with Maharashtra State Khadi & Village Industries Board and Maharashtra Small Scale Industries Development Corporation to bring local artisans and small and medium businesses into the e-commerce fold.
- The partnership under the Flipkart Samarth programme will enable Maharashtra’s local artisans, weavers, craftsmen and smaller industries to showcase their hallmark products like Khadi, Paithani sarees, wooden toys, handmade artefacts, jewellery and paper products, purses and other key handicraft products to customers across the country.
- This will also add impetus to the government’s ‘Vocal for Local’ efforts.
- Flipkart Samarth is a nationwide initiative that aims to help skilled local artisan communities set up their business on Flipkart’s marketplace.
Hq: Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy
CM: Udhav Thackarey
Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Flipkart + Maharashtra – Bring local artisans, SMEs into the e-commerce fold.
7. India’s retail inflation eased to how much per cent in the month of January?
A) 4.06 per cent
B) 5.06 per cent
C) 4.06 per cent
D) 3.06 per cent
E) 2.06 per cent
Answer: A) 4.06 per cent
- India’s retail inflation, which is measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI), eased to 4.06 per cent in the month of January 2021.
- Separately, the country’s factory output, measured in terms of the Index of Industrial Production (IIP), witnessed a growth of 1 per cent in December 2020, two separate data released by the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI).
- This is the second consecutive month the CPI data has come within the
Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) upper margin of 6 per cent. The government has mandated the central bank to keep retail inflation within the range of 4 per cent with a margin of 2 per cent on either side.
- The decline in retail inflation last month was mainly due to easing food prices.
- The Consumer Food Price Index (CFPI) or the inflation in the food basket eased to 1.89 per cent in the month of January, down from 3.41 per cent in December 2020.
Index of Industrial Production (IIP):
- India’s factory output, which is measured in IIP witnessed a growth of 1 per cent on-year to 135.9 during the month of December 2020, separate data released by the MoSPI showed.
- The IIP had grown 0.4 per cent in December 2019, the data showed.
- The industrial growth so far in the fiscal year 2020-21 (April-December) has contracted -13.5 per cent, compared to a 0.3 per cent rise in the corresponding period a year ago, the data showed.
- The growth in IIP during December last year is primarily on account of the electricity and manufacturing sectors.
- The mining sector saw a contraction of -4.8 per cent on-year to 115.1 in December.
- However, the manufacturing sector witnessed a growth of 1.6 per cent to 137.5 and the electricity sector rose 5.1 per cent to 158.0, the MoSPI data showed.
- In December 2019, the manufacturing sector had witnessed a contraction of -0.3 per cent and the electricity sector had witnessed a fall of -0.1 per cent.
- However, the mining sector had risen 5.7 per cent during the same period, the data showed.
Retail inflation – Ease to 4.06% in Jan.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. Which Organisation and MapmyIndia have announced a new partnership to offer fully indigenous, mapping portal and geospatial services for India?
Answer: A) ISRO
- The Indian Space Research Organisation and homegrown mapping, location-based technology company MapmyIndia have announced a new partnership to offer fully indigenous, mapping portal and geospatial services for India.
- Through the combined partnership with ISRO, MapmyIndia’s end user maps, apps, and services will be integrating with ISRO’s huge catalogue of satellite imagery and earth observation data to provide detailed and comprehensive, as well as privacy-centric, hyper local and indigenous mapping solution for Indians.
Abbreviation: Indian Space Research Organisation
Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Chairman: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
ISRO + MapmyIndia – Offer fully indigenous, mapping portal and geospatial services for India.
9. Lunar New Year is celebrated in which country?
Answer: E) China
- China is celebrating Lunar New Year today as it ushered into the Year of the Ox.
- It is one of the most important Chinese festivals, also known as the Chinese New Year or Spring Festival.
- Though the occasion is meant to be spent with family and friends, the ongoing Corona virus pandemic has made the celebrations little different.
- China entered the year of Ox, people welcomed the spring, the good luck and new beginnings by staying up late after yesterday’s feast on the New Year’s Eve.
- It’s still very wintry, but the spring festival holiday marks the end of the coldest days.
- In China, the festival lasts 15 days, starting with a feast the night of New Year’s Eve and ending this year with the Spring Lantern Festival on 26th Feb.
- People wear special clothes, write Spring Festival couplets, make dumplings, hang up lanterns and the characters for luck. Festivities started in the last lunar month on Laba Festival.
China – Celebrate Lunar New Year,
10. The Assam government has received financial assistance of over how much amount from the Centre for management of COVID-19 pandemic?
A) Rs 262 crore
B) Rs 162 crore
C) Rs 362 crore
D) Rs 462 crore
E) Rs 562 crore
Answer: A) Rs 262 crore
CM: Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
Centre – Rs 262 crore to Assam for fight against COVID-19.
11. Which state/UT has joined hands with a UK-based space agency for a collaborative project on impact-based flood forecasting?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Jammu & Kashmir
- The Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir has joined hands with a UK-based space agency for a collaborative project on impact-based flood forecasting.
- The national space innovation programme (NSIP), undertaken by HR Wallingford in collaboration with Oxford University, Sayers & Partners (SPL) and D-Orbit, is an initiative that supports collaborative projects between UK-based organisations and international partners
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar(summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor: Manoj Sinha
J&K + UK space agency – Impact-based flood forecasting.
12. Who flags off campaign on COVID vaccination and Atma Nirbhar Bharat in Panaji?
A) Nirmala Sitharaman
B) Amit Shah
C) Ramnath Kovind
D) Narendra Modi
E) Dr Pramod Sawant
Answer: E) Dr Pramod Sawant
- A campaign on COVID Vaccination and Atma Nirbhar Bharat by Field Outreach Bureau, Goa, was flagged off by Chief Minister Dr Pramod Sawant in Panaji.
- The Chief Minister said that such an awareness campaign will help to reach out to the last person in the society. Government’s vision of ‘Antyodaya’ will be fulfilled by campaigns like such initiatives.
- Collaborative efforts of the central government and state government departments will help the government overcome all the rumours and misguiding of the people on vaccination, Dr Sawant added.
- ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat, swayampurna Goa’ campaign will help to make Goa self-reliant by 19 December 2021. In Goa, 9200 healthcare workers and 2000 frontline workers have been vaccinated so far, said Dr Pramod Sawant.
- The campaign is to be done through Mobile Exhibition vans. A fully equipped state of the art Multimedia exhibition Van will ply through North and South Goa.
CM: Pramod Sawant
Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Dr Pramod Sawant – Campaign on COVID vaccination and Atma Nirbhar Bharat in Panaji.
13. Which Minister launched India’s first CNG tractor that could save about Rs 1 lakh annually on fuel costs?
A) Amit Shah
B) Nitin Gadkari
C) Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Narendra Modi
E) Ramnath Kovind
Answer: B) Nitin Gadkari
- India’s first ever CNG Tractor will be launched.
- The CNG tractor will help farmers to increase their income, by lowering costs and help to create job opportunities in rural India.
- The Conversion from diesel to CNG engine of the tractor was jointly done by Rawmatt Techno Solutions and Tomasetto Achille India.
- The CNG is the future as 12 million vehicles are powered by natural gas throughout the world currently and more companies and municipalities are joining the CNG movement every day.
Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises:
Minister: Nitin Gadkari
Constituency: Nagpur. Maharashtra
Nitin Gadkari – Launch India’s first CNG tractor.
14. Manoj Sinha inaugurated the state-of-the-art General Bus Stand cum Shopping complex Cum Multi Level Parking constructed at the cost of how much amount in Jammu?
A) Rs. 113 Crore
B) Rs. 213 Crore
C) Rs. 313 Crore
D) Rs. 413 Crore
E) Rs. 513 Crore
Answer: B) Rs. 213 Crore
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar(summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor: Manoj Sinha
J&K LG Manoj Sinha – General Bus Stand cum Shopping complex Cum Multi Level Parking in Jammu.
15. Which state Chief Minister announced a five-year economic package of ₹7,000 crore for the development of Wayanad district which focused to double the income of coffee farmers?
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Kerala
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Friday announced a five-year economic package of ₹7,000 crore for the development of Wayanad district which focused to double the income of coffee farmers.
- The government aims to brand “Wayanad coffee” and to sell it which will help coffee farmers to increase their income. The product of Wayanad brand coffee is underway.
- For this ₹20 crore has been allotted to Kudumbasree which will soon launch 500 office vending machines and 100 kiosks for the marketing of the coffee.
- Kudumbashree Mission also know as State Poverty Eradication Mission (SPEM), is the State government’s instrument for poverty eradication under the Local Self-Government Department.
- According to the Chief Minister, Kinfra mega food park of ₹150 crore with Kifby funding will be set up in Kalpetta which is the most modern plant for coffee powder production
CM: Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan
Kerala – 5-year economic package worth ₹7,000 crore for Wayanad.