Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 13 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. National Women’s Day is observed on which date?
A) February 12
B) February 11
C) February 10
D) February 13
E) February 09
Answer: D) February 13
- The world might celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8 but in India, we observe National Women’s Day on February 13, to mark the birth anniversary of Sarojini Naidu, who is also popularly known as ‘The nightingale of India’.
- The political activist and poet was garnered with the title ‘the Nightingale of India’, or ‘Bharat Kokila’ by Mahatma Gandhi because of colour, imagery, and lyrical quality of her poetry.
- In 1925, Sarojini Naidu was appointed as the first woman President of the Indian National Congress and later the first woman to be a governor of a state.
- She was appointed as the governor of the United Provinces, known as Uttar Pradesh.
- She played a pivotal role during the Civil Disobedience Movement.
- She also faced arrest in 1942 during the “Quit India” movement.
- Naidu also contributed to the drafting of the Indian constitution.
World Radio Day:
- Proclaimed in 2011 by the Member States of UNESCO, and adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012 as an International Day, February 13 became World Radio Day (WRD).
- Radio is a powerful medium for celebrating humanity in all its diversity and constitutes a platform for democratic discourse.
- On the occasion of World Radio Day 2021 (WRD 2021), UNESCO calls on radio stations to celebrate this event’s 10th anniversary and the more than 110 years of radio.
- This edition of WRD is divided into three main sub-themes:
• EVOLUTION: The world changes, radio evolves.
This sub-theme refers to the resilience of the radio, to its sustainability ;
• INNOVATION: The world changes, radio adapts and innovate.
Radio has had to adapt to new technologies to remain the go-to medium of mobility, accessible everywhere and to everyone;
• CONNECTION: The world changes, radio connects.
This sub-theme highlights radio’s services to our society—natural disasters, socio-economic crises, epidemics, etc.
BANKING AND FINANCE
2. CREDAI MoU with which payments Bank to facilitate opening of bank accounts for construction workers?
A) Jio Payments Bank
B) Airtel Payments Bank
C) National Securities Depository Limited Payments Bank.
D) India Post Payments Bank
E) Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank
Answer: D) India Post Payments Bank
- Realty developers’ body, the Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India (CREDAI) has entered into a memorandum of understanding with Indian Payments and Postal Bank (IPPB) to facilitate opening of bank accounts for construction workers.
- This labour welfare initiative is aimed at ensuring financial literacy and digital inclusion of construction workers in the long run and would make financial services accessible to them.
Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
Chairman: Jaxay Shah
India Post Payments Bank
Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
CEO: J Venkatramu
CREDAI + IPPB – Open bank accounts for construction workers.
3. Marc Llistosella has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of which Company?
A) Tech Mahindra
D) Mahindra & Mahindra
E) Tata Motors
Answer: E) Tata Motors
- Tata Motors has announced that Marc Llistosella has been appointed to the role of Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of the company effective 1st July 2021.
Tata Motors – Marc Llistosella as CEO & MD.
4. President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Justice Puligoru Venkata Sanjay Kumar as the Chief Justice of which state High Court?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Manipur
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Justice Puligoru Venkata Sanjay Kumar as the Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court.
- Justice Puligoru Venkata Sanjay Kumar is presently Judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
- The President has appointed Pushpa Virendra Ganediwala as an Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court.
CM: N. Biren Singh
Governor: Najma Heptulla
Justice Puligoru Venkata Sanjay Kumar – Chief justice of Manipur High Court
5. Mario Draghi is appointed as Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: A) Italy
Mario Draghi – Prime Minister of Italy.
6. Ajay Mathur is appointed as next director general of International Solar Alliance. ISA co-founded by which country?
A) India & Australia
B) India & Russia
C) India & Italy
D) India & France
E) India & UK
Answer: D) India & France
- Ajay Mathur, who heads the New Delhi-based The Energy and Research Institute, is set to become the next director general of the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
- ISA, co-founded by India and France, is the first treaty-based international government organization to be based in India.
- The alliance has become a significant public policy tool for India and is considered a counter to China’s ambitious One Belt One Road initiative.
- Mathur will replace Upendra Tripathy, a former secretary in India’s ministry of new and renewable energy (MNRE).
- Mathur is also a member of the Prime Minister’s Council on Climate Change and was earlier the director general of the Bureau of Energy Efficiency.
- Apart from working at the World Bank, Mathur was also president of Suzlon Energy Ltd.
Ajay Mathur – ISA chief.
7. Which state ‘Drink from Tap Mission’ has won the “Award of Excellence” in Computer Society of India (CSI) Special Interest Group (SIG) e Governance Award 2020?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Odisha
- Odisha Government’s ‘Drink from Tap Mission’ has won the “Award of Excellence” in Computer Society of India (CSI) Special Interest Group (SIG) e Governance Award 2020 for Smart Water Management in Puri City.
- Odisha was chosen for the award from amongst 178 nominations received from across the country.
- CSI, the largest association of information technology professionals in the Country, has set up the award in 2002 for recognising and awarding very innovative projects across India through its SIG in e Governance.
- ‘Drink from Tap Mission’ called ‘Sujal’ was launched on October 13 last year by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to provide assured quality drinking water fit for direct consumption from the tap to all households in urban areas.
- The Mission is a flagship initiative by Water Corporation of Odisha (WATCO) under the state’s Housing & Urban Development department.
- The ‘Drink from Tap Mission’ aims to provide 24 x 7 safe drinking water supply from a tap on-premise along with addressing water source protection, appropriate water treatment & testing as well as prevention of recontamination in the distribution system.
- This is also aimed at eliminating the requirement of investments by individual households on overhead water tank or underground reservoirs, motor pumps, RO based water filters and purchasing mineral water.
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
“Award of Excellence” in Computer Society of India – Odisha’s “Drink from Tap mission” in Puri city.
8. How many women fellows of National Science Academies have been awarded for excelling in science and engineering on the International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2021?
Answer: C) 4
- Four young women fellows of National Science Academies have been awarded for excelling in science and engineering on the International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2021.
- The SERB Women Excellence Award that has been conferred on them provides a grant of Rs. 15 lakhs for a period of three years to the awardees to pursue their research ideas.
- The award given by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a Statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) supporting basic research in the frontier areas of science and engineering, was launched in the year 2013.
- It is a one-time award given to women scientists below 40 years of age who have received recognition from any one or more of the National Academies such as Young Scientist Medal, Young Associateship, etc.
- Dr. Shobhna Kapoor, Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, working in the area of Chemical Biology with expertise in ‘Host-Pathogen Interactions and Membrane Biology Chemical Biology and Biophysics’.
- Dr. Antara Banerjee, Scientist B National Institute For Research In Reproductive Health, Mumbai, Maharashtra from the Health Sciences area with expertise in Signal Transduction, Biology of Reproduction and Endocrinology.
- Dr. Sonu Gandhi Scientist D from National Institute Of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad from Bionanotechnology area focusing on Nanosensors, Design and Fabrication of Label-free Biosensors.
- Dr. Ritu Gupta, Assistant Professor at Indian Institute Of Technology Jodhpur, Rajasthan working on Nanotechnology with expertise in Materials Science, Nanodevices and Sensors, Health & Energy.
SERB – Announce Women Excellence Award 2021 on the International Day of Women and Girls in Science.
9. Which Minister bags Award of Appreciation in the 18th CSI SIG E-Governance Awards 2020?
A) Tribal Affairs Minister
B) Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister
C) Home Minister
D) External Affairs Minister
E) Women & Child Development Minister
Answer: A) Tribal Affairs Minister
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs bags the prestigious Award of Appreciation in the Project Category-Central Government Entity – in the 18th CSI SIG eGov Awards 2020 for their ‘Performance Dashboard Empowering Tribals Transforming India through various ICT initiatives”.
- The award was received by the Joint secretary of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Dr. Navaljit Kapoor from the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath Ji in Lucknow.
- The Computer Society of India (CSI) has instituted a series of awards for recognizing the contributions made in the field of e-Governance in the country.
- These awards have been conducted by CSI-SIGegov.
- The awards are given for recognizing the efforts made in the e-Governance area at the State, Department, District and Project level.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has been at the forefront of e-Governance practices.
- The Performance Dashboard is an interactive and dynamic online platform that showcases updated & real-time details of 11 schemes/initiatives of the Ministry for achieving these SDGs.
- The Dashboard captures the performance of various schemes of the Ministry, States, 41 Ministries to ensure that the funds meant for ST welfare are being utilized properly.
- The Ministry also recently received the prestigious 5 SKOCH awards for different project, including the prestigious SKOCH Challenger Award for its “Best Performance in eGovernance” as the Ministry has excelled in implementation of policy initiatives through e- governance realizing goal of digital India.
Minister: Arjun Munda
Constituency: Khunti, Jharkhand
Ministry of Tribal Affairs – Award of Appreciation in the 18th CSI SIG E-Governance Awards 2020.
10. India will provide how much amount to Nepal for the restoration and conservation of three cultural heritage sites in the Kathmandu Valley?
A) NR 132 million
B) NR 122 million
C) NR 112 million
D) NR 142 million
E) NR 152 million
Answer: D) NR 142 million
- India will provide Nepalese Rupees(NR) 142 million to Nepal for the restoration and conservation of three cultural heritage sites in the Kathmandu Valley.
- The three sites are part of cultural heritage projects being taken up by India for post-earthquake conservation and restoration under an MoU signed between the two countries.
- The projects are being implemented under USD 50 million grant assistance committed by India for post-earthquake reconstruction of the cultural heritage sites across eight districts of Nepal.
- The agreements were signed by the Project Director of CLPIU (Building) of National Reconstruction Authority and Contractors for conservation and retrofitting of Seto Machindranath Temple, construction of Dharamshala at Budhaneelkantha and conservation and development of Kumari Home in Lalitpur district.
- Earlier in November 2019, India also built Mathadish building for Budhanilkantha temple at a cost of NRs 21.8 million.
President: Bidya Devi Bhandari
Prime Minister: K. P. Sharma Oli
India – Fund USD 50M for restoration of 3 cultural heritage projects in Nepal.
11. A high-level committee headed by Union Home Minister Amit Shah approved around how much amount to five states that faced natural disasters and pest attacks in 2020?
A) Rs 2,113 crore
B) Rs 1,113 crore
C) Rs 3,113 crore
D) Rs 4,113 crore
E) Rs 5,113 crore
Answer: C) Rs 3,113 crore
- A high-level committee headed by Union Home Minister Amit Shah approved around Rs3,113 crore to five states that faced natural disasters and pest attacks in 2020.
- The states and union territory that will get the additional central assistance from the National Disaster Risk Management Fund (NDRMF)are Andhra Pradesh, Bihar,
Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Madhya Pradesh.
- The committee, under the chairmanship of the home minister, has approved the additional central assistance to the five states and UT, which were affected by floods, cyclones (Nivar and Burevi) and pest attack during 2020.
- Andhra Pradesh will get Rs 280.78 crore and Bihar Rs 1,255.27 crore for floods during the South-West monsoon.
- Tamil Nadu will get Rs 63.14 crore for cyclone ‘Nivar’ and Rs 223.77 crore for cyclone ‘Burevi’ — a total Rs 286.91 crore.
- The Union Territory of Puducherry will get Rs 9.91 crore for cyclone ‘Nivar’. Madhya Pradesh will get Rs 1,280.18 crore for the pest attack during the Kharif season.
- In addition, during the financial year 2020-21, till date the central government has released Rs 19,036.43 crore to 28 states from the State Disaster Risk Management Fund (SDRMF) and Rs 4,409.71 crore to 11 states from NDRMF.
Centre – Approve Rs 3,113 crore for five states as disaster relief.
12. Which state has become the 13th State in the country to successfully undertake “One Nation One Ration Card system” reform?
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Punjab
- Punjab has become the 13th State in the country to successfully undertake “One Nation One Ration Card system” reform.
- The State has become eligible to mobilise additional financial resources of one thousand five hundred and sixteen crore rupees through Open Market Borrowings.
- 12 other States which have completed this reform are Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Tripura and Uttar Pradesh.
- The implementation of One Nation One Ration Card System ensures availability of ration to beneficiaries under National Food Security Act and other welfare schemes at any Fair Price Shop across the country.
- The reform especially empowers the migratory population who frequently change their place of dwelling to be self-reliant in food security.
CM: Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor: V P Singh Badnore
Punjab – 13th State to complete One Nation One Ration Card system reform.
13. Which railway station introduced first of its kind facility of Robotic Spa’ facility under Non-fare revenue?
Answer: B) Visakhapatnam
- Waltair Division, in its efforts to enhance the passenger amenities at Railway stations, has commissioned another innovative facility called Robotic Spa under Non-fare revenue here today at Visakhapatnam railway station.
- The first of its kind facility at Railway station in East Coast Railway was inaugurated by Divisional Railway Manager, Waltair Chetan Kumar Shrivastava.
- The Robotic Spa comprising of Relaxing Chair, Foot massager and Fish pedicure spa gives a pleasant experience to the Rail Customers waiting at Visakhapatnam railway station.
- The motto behind such innovative model is to facilitate the esteemed rail customers to spend quality time while waiting for trains.
Robotic Spa’ facility – Inaugurate at Visakhapatnam railway station.
14. Which Minister rolled out the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) Programme to further strengthen district skill administration and the District Skill Committees (DSCs)?
A) Finance Minister
B) Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister
C) Home Minister
D) External Affairs Minister
E) Women & Child Development Minister
Answer: B) Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) rolled out the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) Programme under the World Bank loan assisted programme SANKALP (Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion) to further strengthen district skill administration and the District Skill Committees (DSCs).
- The Ministry has also partnered with Kerala Institute of Local Administration (KILA) to conduct capacity building programmes for District officials from Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Lakshadweep.
- The MGNF is a two-year academic programme that has an in-built component of on-ground practical experience with district administration.
Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Minister: Mahendra Nath Pandey
Constituency: Chandauli , Uttar Pradesh
MSDE – Fellowship under World Bank assisted programme for skill administration.
15. Which state signed a memorandum of understanding with the UN Environment Programme to achieve climate resilience and low carbon development by 2040?
C) Madhya Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Bihar
- Bihar signed a memorandum of understanding with the UN Environment Programme to achieve climate resilience and low carbon development by 2040.
- Over the next two years, UNEP would lead a multi-stakeholder team to assess the carbon footprint of various sectors in the State before chalking out a plan to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and increasing carbon sinks.
- UNEP will provide technical assistance to prepare the State’s greenhouse gas inventory and carry out climate impact scenario and vulnerability assessment.
- It will also suggest revisions to the State Action Plans on Climate Change under which each State’s climate priorities converge with the National Action Plan on Climate Change.
CM: Nitish Kumar
Governor: Phagu Chauhan
Abbreviation: United Nations Environment Programme
Headquarters : Nairobi, Kenya
Founded: 5 June 1972
Head: Inger Andersen
Bihar + UNEP – Chalk out a climate-resilient development pathway.
16. Amara Raja Batteries Ltd (ARBL) is setting up a how many megawatts solar power plant in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh at a total outlay of
Rs 220 crore?
Answer: D) 50
- Amara Raja Batteries Ltd (ARBL) is setting up a 50 megawatt solar power plant in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh at a total outlay of Rs 220 crore to support its sustainability initiatives.
- ARBL will set up a greenfield lead recycling unit with a capacity of one lakh tonnes.
ARBL – Set Up Rs 220 Crore Solar Power Plant In Andhra Pradesh.
17. Which state rollout of the Rs 12,110 crore crop loan waiver scheme for over 16 lakh ryots in the state?
A) Tamil Nadu
B) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Tamil Nadu
- Marking the rollout of the Rs 12,110 crore crop loan waiver scheme for over 16 lakh ryots in Tamil Nadu.
- The certificates state that loans taken from cooperative banks and due on January 31, 2021 have been waived.
- Palaniswami had announced waiver of Rs 12,110.74 crore crop loans availed by 16,43,347 farmers from cooperative banks.
CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Tamil Nadu – Rs 12,110 crore crop loan waiver scheme.