Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 26 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Who won player of the Year at ATP tour awads presented by FedEx?
A) Andy Roddick
B) Roger Federer
C) Novak Djokovic
D) Rafael Nadal
Answer: C) Novak Djokovic
|Player of the Year||Novak Djokovic (Serbia)|
|Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award||Rafael Nadal (Spain)|
|Comeback Player of the Year||Vasek Pospisil (Canada)|
|Newcomer of the Year||Carlos Alcaraz (Spain)|
|Most Improved Player||Andrey Rublev (Russia)|
|Coach of the Year||Fernando Vicente (coached Andrey Rublev)|
|Doubles Team of the Year||Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares|
|Arthur Ashe Humanitarian Award||Frances Tiafoe(USA)|
|Tim Gullikson Career Coach Award||Bob Brett(Australia)|
|Fans’ Favourite (Singles)||Roger Federer(Switzerland)|
|Fans’ Favourite (Doubles)||Jamie Murray and Neal Skupski|
|Ron Bookman Media Excellence Award||Kevin Mitchell|
Novak Djokovic – Player of the Year at ATP tour awards presented by FedEx.
2. K.C. Jones passed away. He was related to which sports?
Answer: B) Basketball
- Former Boston Celtics player and coach K.C. Jones died.
- Jones won two NCAA championships while playing with Bill Russell at the University of San Francisco.
- He also paired with Russell to lead Team USA to a gold medal at the 1956 Melbourne Olympics.
- Jones went on to coach at Brandeis University and made a few other stops before returning to the Celtics as an assistant under Bill Fitch in 1977.
- Jones later became the head coach of the Celtics and led the team to NBA titles in 1984 and 1986.
- Jones was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1989.
K.C. Jones – Hall of Fame Celtics player, coach.
3. Fast bowler Robin Jackman passed away. He was related to which team in Cricket?
B) West Indies
Answer: A) England
- Robin Jackman, former England fast bowler and commentator, has passed away.
- Jackman played four Tests and 15 ODIs for England, picking up 33 international wickets between 1974 and 1983.
- His domestic career began in 1966 and he played nearly 400 games, taking 1402 first-class wickets.
- He was useful with the bat too, having scored 5,681 first-class runs with 17 half-centuries.
Robin Jackman – Former England cricketer.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
4. According to the report of CEBR, Indiato become 5th largest economy in which year?
Answer: D) 2025
- India, which appears to have been pushed back to being the world’s sixth biggest economy in 2020, will again overtake the UK to become the fifth largest in 2025 and race to the third spot by 2030.
- India had overtaken the UK in 2019 to become the fifth largest economy in the world but has been relegated to 6th spot in 2020.
- The CEBR forecasts that the Indian economy will expand by 9 per cent in 2021 and by 7 per cent in 2022.
- This growth trajectory will see India become the world’s third largest economy by 2030, overtaking the UK in 2025, Germany in 2027 and Japan in 2030.
- The UK-based think tank forecast that China will in 2028 overtake the US to become the world’s biggest economy, five years earlier than previously estimated due to the contrasting recoveries of the two countries from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Japan would remain the world’s third-biggest economy, in dollar terms, until the early 2030s when it would be overtaken by India, pushing Germany down from fourth to fifth.
Abbreviation: Centre for Economics and Business Research
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
Head: Ms Nina Skero
CEBR – India to become 5th largest economy in 2025, 3rd largest by 2030.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. A book “Making of a Hindu Patriot: Background of Gandhiji’s Hind Swaraj” is authored by whom?
A) J.K. Bajaj
B) Mukesh Singh
C) Naren Kumar
D) Vasanth Balu
Answer: A) J.K. Bajaj
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat will launch A book “Making of a Hindu Patriot: Background of Gandhiji’s Hind Swaraj”.
- It was authored by J.K. Bajaj and M.D. Srinivas.
- “Making of a Hindu Patriot: Background of Gandhiji’s Hind Swaraj” has evolved out of their earlier effort to prepare an authentic edition of “Hind Swaraj” based on Gandhi’s handwritten manuscript.
- Published by Har-Anand Publications.
Hindu Patriot: Background of Gandhiji’s Hind Swaraj – J.K. Bajaj and M.D. Srinivas (Author) – Published by Har-Anand Publications.
6. The Madhya Pradesh cabinet approved the Dharma Swatantrya (Religious Freedom) Bill 2020. It provides for prison term of up to how many years and fine of Rs 1 lakh for conversion through marriage or by any other fraudulent means?
Answer: A) 10
- Madhya Pradesh cabinet on Saturday approved the Dharma Swatantrya (Religious Freedom) Bill 2020.
- The controversial ordinance outlaws marriages with an aim of religious conversions.
Under the new Bill, forcing religious conversion on someone will attract 1-5 years of imprisonment and a minimum Rs 25,000 fine
- This approval comes after Uttar Pradesh’s governor’s assent to the UP Prohibition of Unlawful Conversion of Religion Ordinance, 2020, against forcible or fraudulent religious conversions last month.
- Section 3 of the bill states anyone found guilty of abetment to religious conversion shall face imprisonment of one to five years and a fine of not less than Rs 25,000.
- Attempt to hide one’s religion will be punishable by imprisonment of three to 10 years and a fine of at least Rs 50,000.
- If a minor or a woman from Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste categories is forced into conversion, the perpetrator will be imprisoned for two to 10 years and fined up to Rs 50,000. Blood relatives of victims of such religious conversion can file a complaint, the bill further states.
- Provision for the imprisonment of five to 10 years and fine of at least Rs 100,000 is being made for attempting mass religious conversion (of two or more persons).
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Madhya Pradesh cabinet – Approve Dharma Swatantrya (Religious Freedom) Bill 2020.
7. India’s first mega leather park will come up in which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttar Pradesh
- A mega leather park will come up in Ramaipur village of Kanpur with an investment of Rs 5,850 crores.
- It will become the first state in the country to establish a leather park.
- The park which is part of the mega leather cluster project is likely to create 50,000 jobs.
- Recently, the project has received approval from the Union Commerce Ministry.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
UP’s Kanpur – India’s first mega leather park
8. Rajasthan become successfully undertake “Ease of Doing Business” reform stipulated by the Finance Ministry. How many states has joined “Ease of Doing Business” reform at present?
Answer: A) 6
- Rajasthan has become the 6th State in the country to successfully undertake “Ease of Doing Business” reform stipulated by the Finance Ministry.
- The State has now become eligible to mobilise additional financial resources of 2 thousand 731 crore rupees through Open Market Borrowings.
- In addition to Rajasthan five other States namely, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Telangana have already achieved this feat.
- On completion of reforms facilitating ease of doing business, these six States have been granted additional borrowing permission of 19 thousand 459 crore rupees.
- 10 States have implemented the One Nation One Ration Card System, 6 States have done ease of doing business reforms, and 2 States have done local body reforms.
- Total additional borrowing permission issued so far to the States which have done the reforms stands at 50 thousand 253 crore rupees.
The ease of doing business:
- The ease of doing business is an important indicator of the investment friendly business climate in the country. Improvements in the ease of doing business will enable faster future growth of the state economy.
- Therefore, the Government of India had in May 2020, decided to link grant of additional borrowing permissions to States who undertake the reforms to facilitate ease of doing business.
- The reforms stipulated in this category are:
(i) Completion of first assessment of ‘District Level Business Reform Action Plan’.
(ii) Elimination of the requirements of renewal of registration certificates/approvals/licences obtained by businesses under various Acts.
(iii) Implementation of computerized central random inspection system under the Acts wherein allocation of inspectors is done centrally, the same inspector is not assigned to the same unit in subsequent years, prior inspection notice is provided to the business owner, and inspection report is uploaded within 48 hours of inspection.
Capital : Jaipur
CM: Ashok Gehlot
Governor :Kalraj Mishra
Rajasthan – Become 6th State to complete ease of doing business reforms.
9. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the flagship programme of Navaratnalu ‘Pedalandariki Illu,’ (housing for poor) in which district?
C) East Godavari
D) West Godavari
Answer: C) East Godavari
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the flagship programme of Navaratnalu ‘Pedalandariki Illu,’ (housing for poor) at Komaragiri layout of Pithapuram Assembly constituency in East Godavari district.
- 30.75 lakh beneficiaries have been identified across the State, of which 28.30 lakh houses will be given under 17,000 YSR Jagananna layouts and another 2.62 lakh are of Township and Infrastructure Development Corporation (TIDCO) flats.
- The government will take up the construction of 28.30 lakh houses at a total cost of ₹50,940 crore.
- In the first phase 15.60 lakh houses will be taken up at a cost of ₹28,000 crore and the work on the remaining 12.70 lakh house will commence from next year.
- The government had acquired 68,361 acres of land worth ₹23,535 crore, where each beneficiary will receive a land costing around ₹4 lakh.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
Andhra Pradesh – the flagship programme of Navaratnalu Pedalandariki Illu in East Godavari district.
10. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari unveiled a bronze statue of Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Assam’s Silchar. What is the length of this statue?
Answer: C) 13-feet
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari unveiled a statue of Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Assam’s Silchar , paying homage to the former prime minister on his 96th birth anniversary.
- The 13-feet bronze statue was unveiled at Mahasadak Zero Point at Rongpur.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur unveiled an 18 feet statue of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee at the historic Ridge Maidan here on his 96th birth anniversary.
- The statue has been built at a cost of Rs 1.08 crore.
Road Transport and Highways and MSME:
Minister : Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra
Capital : Dispur
CM : Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi
Nitin Gadkari – unveil a statue of Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Assam’s Silchar.
11. Which state/UT police sets up solar energy-enabled modern beat booth at India Gate?
B) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: A) Delhi
- The Delhi Police on Saturday set up a solar energy-enabled “modern beat booth”, which is also water, fire and vandalism proof, at the iconic India Gate.
- The booth is solar energy-enabled with a storage capacity of 10 hours.
- It is remote wifi-enabled for digital display of informative or awareness messages on LED panels installed on top of it and has a public announcement system.
Capital: New Delhi
CM: Arvind Kejriwal
Governor: Anil Baijal
Delhi Police – Set up solar energy-enabled modern beat booth at India Gate.
12. Union Home Minister Amit Shah launched the development and beautification project of Batadrava ‘Than’ at Borduwa in Nagaon district. What is the estimated cost of this project?
A) Rs 288 crore
B) Rs 188 crore
C) Rs 388 crore
D) Rs 488 crore
Answer: B) Rs 188 crore
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday laid foundation stone of a medical college and nine law institutes, besides launching two other projects in Assam.
- The Union home minister laid the foundation stone of Guwahati’s second medical college and hospital which will be set up by amalgamating the Mahendra Mohan Choudhury.
- Hospital and the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi Chest Hospital at an estimated amount of Rs 755 crore.
- Shah also laid the foundation stone of nine law colleges to be set up at Diphu, Silchar, Dhubri, Dibrugarh, North Lakhimpur, Jorhat, Nalbari, Rangia and Raha.
- He launched the development and beautification project of Batadrava ‘Than’ at Borduwa in Nagaon district, the birthplace of 15th century Vaishnav reformer-saint Srimanta Sankardeva, at an estimated cost of Rs 188 crore.
- The ‘Than’ or Vaishnav monastery will be developed as a centre of art, culture, research and spirituality.
- Shah also launched the third phase of the “Asom Darshan” scheme to protect places of worship of different faiths. In this phase, 8,000 ‘Naamghars’ (Vaishnav prayer and community halls) which are over 50 years old will be given Rs 2.5 lakh each.
Minister : Amit Shah
Constituency : Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Capital : Dispur
CM : Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi
Amit Shah – Lay foundation stone of medical college, law colleges in Assam.