Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 27 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. 1st International Day of Epidemic Preparedness is observed on which date?
A) December 24
B) December 27
C) December 25
D) December 22
Answer: B) December 27
- The first ever International Day of Epidemic Preparedness is being observed on December 27.
- The United Nations General Assembly called on all its member states and other global organisations to mark December 27 every year as the International Day of Epidemic Preparedness in order to advocate the importance of global partnership against epidemics.
- The UNGA called on nations to observe the day “in accordance with national contexts and priorities” through education and awareness-raising activities.
- The International Day of Epidemic Preparedness aims to promote international awareness and action on the prevention of, preparedness for and partnership against epidemics.
2. How many Indian players won Men’s T20I Team of the Decade at ICC Awards?
Answer: C) 4
|Men’s Test (Team of the Decade)|
|Virat Kohli ( C )|
|Kumar Sangakkara (WK)|
|Men’s ODI (Team of the Decade)|
|AB DE Villiers|
|Shakib AL Hasan|
|MS Dhoni (WK) ( C )|
|Women’s T20I (Team of the Decade)|
|Alyssa Healy (WK)|
|Meg Lanning ( C )|
|Men’s T20I (Team of the Decade)|
|AB De Villiers|
|MS Dhoni (WK) ( C )|
3. Dance historian Sunil Kothari passes away. He won Padma Shri award in which year?
Answer: C) 2001
- Padma Shri dance historian and critic Sunil Kothari passed away.
- Born on December 20, 1933 in Mumbai, Kothari qualified as a Chartered Accountant before turning to the study of Indian dance forms.
- He authored more than 20 books on the subject of Indian dance forms including “Sattriya Dances of Assam”, “New Directions in Indian Dance”, and also on Bharatanatayam, Odissi, Chhau, Kathak, Kuchipudi, and Photo Biographies of Uday Shankar and Rukmini Devi Arundale.
- Dancer and long-time associate Anita Ratnam remembered the late critic for his “infectious enthusiasm”.
- Kothari received numerous titles and awards for his contribution to Indian dance forms including the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (1995); the Gaurav Puraskar conferred by the Gujarat Sangeet Natak Akademi (2000); the Padma Shri bestowed by the Government of India (2001); and the Life Time Achievement Award of the Dance Critics Association, New York, USA (2011).
- He was also an elected Fellow of Sangeet Natak Akademi for his contribution to Indian dance as a scholar.
Sunil Kothari – Padma Shri dance historian and critic.
4. VA Ibrahim passed away. He was related to which sports?
D) High Jumper
Answer: D) High Jumper
- VA Ibrahim, former national high-jumper and G V Raja Award winner, died.
- Ibrahim is an Inspector with CISF Bengaluru Airport unit.
- Ibrahim had broken the record in high jump event in the under-19 section at Indian National Open Athletic Championship, 1981.
- He was selected for the G V Raja Award the same year.
VA Ibrahim – Ex-national athlete.
5. What is the rank of India in the list of Top 25 countries/territories in artificial intelligence in Nature Index 2020 AI under article share category?
Answer: A) 20
The top 25 countries/territories in artificial intelligence ranked by total article share (Share) in the field from 2015 to 2019
|1||United States of America (USA)|
|2||United Kingdom (UK)|
The top 25 countries/territories in artificial intelligence in the Dimensions database ranked by total number of publications
The top 100 research organizations in artificial intelligence in the Dimensions database ranked by total number of publications (# publications) in the field from 2015 to 2019.
|2||University of Chinese Academy of Sciences||China|
|3||Shanghai Jiao Tong University||China|
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. Which finance company partners with Exide Life Insurance Company Limited to provide life insurance products through its branches?
A) HDB Finance Services
B) Bajaj Finance Limited.
C) Muthoottu Mini Financiers Ltd
D) Power Finance Corporation Limited
Answer: C) Muthoottu Mini Financiers Ltd
- Muthoottu Mini Financiers Ltd has announced a strategic partnership with Exide Life Insurance Company Limited to provide life insurance products through its branches.
- The tie-up will enable Muthoottu Mini Financiers Ltd to expand offerings to its customers by becoming a ‘One Point Stop’ for all their financial needs.
Muthoottu Mini Financiers Ltd:
Headquarters: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
MD : Mathew Muthoottu
Exide Life Insurance:
Headquarters: Bangaluru, Karnataka
MD & CEO : Kshitij Jain
Muthoottu Mini Financiers + Exide Life Insurance = Provide life insurance products.
7. Arya Rajendran Set to Become Country’s Youngest Mayor from which corporation in Kerala?
Answer: D) Thiruvananthapuram
- Twenty one-year-old Arya Rajendran will be the next Mayor of Thiruvananthapuram Corporation, making her the youngest ever to occupy the post in the country.
- The ruling CPI(M) officially declared Rajendran will be the party-led Left Democratic Front’s mayoral candidate in the election to the post.
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
Arya Rajendran – Become Country’s Youngest Mayor from Kerala’s Capital Thiruvananthapuram.
8. S Riyasdeen has won the Cubes in Space global design competition. He is related to which university?
A) Anna University
B) Bharathiyar University
C) Madurai Kamaraj University
D) Sastra University
Answer: D) Sastra University
- A second-year student of Mechatronics engineering from Sastra University is has won the Cubes in Space global design competition.
- S Riyasdeen’s 37 mm sized FEMTO satellites VISION SAT v1 and v2 with a payload of 30 mm weighing 33 gms has made it to the world’s lightest FEMTO satellite.
- He used polyetherimide thermoplastic resins and 3D printing technology. The competition that was conducted by NASA saw 1000 participants from 73 countries.
- Mentored by INRO Labs, Chennai, his satellites are designed to record around 17 parameters with 11 sensors and VISION Sat v1 shall be part of the SR-7 NASA Rocket Mission expected to be launched from the Wallops Flight Facility, Virginia, USA in June 2021 and Sat v2 shall be part of the NASA Balloon Mission RB-6 scheduled for launch in August 2021.
S Riyasdeen – Win the Cubes in Space global design competition.
9. Who has been honoured with DRDO’s ‘Scientist of the Year Award’ for his contribution in developing several herbal medicines, including the popular drug Lukoskin?
A) Sundar Kumar Pandey
B) Hemant Kumar Pandey
C) Mahesh Kumar Pandey
D) Kavi Kumar Pandey
Answer: B) Hemant Kumar Pandey
- Senior scientist Hemant Kumar Pandey has been honoured with DRDO’s ‘Scientist of the Year Award’ for his contribution in developing several herbal medicines, including the popular drug Lukoskin meant for the treatment of leucoderma.
- A recipient of several prestigious awards for his contribution in the field of herbal medicine, Pandey has been undertaking research at the Defence Research and Development Organisation’s (DRDO) lab Defence Institute of Bio-Energy Research (DIBER) at Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand for the past 25 years.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had recently facilitated the scientist at an event here with the prestigious award that comprises a certificate and cash prize of Rs 2 lakh.
Hq : New Delhi
Chairman : G. Satheesh Reddy
Hemant Kumar Pandey – get DRDO’s ‘Scientist of the Year’ award.
10. Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) extends validity of Vehicular documents like DLs, RCs, Permits etc till which date?
A) 31st March 2021
B) 31st May 2021
C) 31st January 2021
D) 31st August 2021
Answer: A) 31st March 2021
- The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has extended the validity of vehicular documents like DLs, RCs, and Permits etc till 31st Mach 2021 in the light of need to prevent spread of Covid 19.
- MoRTH had earlier issued advisories dated 30th March, 2020, 9th June, 2020 and 24th Aug 2020 regarding extension of validity of documents related to Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989.
- It was advised that the validity of Fitness, Permit (all types), License, Registration or any other concerned document(s) may be treated to be valid till 31st December 2020.
Road Transport and Highways and MSME:
Minister : Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra
MoRTH – Extend validity of Vehicular documents like DLs, RCs, Permits etc till 31st March 2021.
11. Who inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various developmental projects in Diu?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Ramnath Kovind
C) Amit Shah
D) Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer: B) Ramnath Kovind
President Ramnath Kovind inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various developmental projects in Diu on the second day of his four day visit to this union territory.
- Inauguration of – First academic session of IIIT Vadodara-International Campus Diu and Kamleshwar School, Ghoghla.
- He also laid the foundation stone for – construction of a school at Saudwadi, improvement of 1.3 kilometers heritage walk-way on Diu City Wall, conservation and facade restoration of heritage precincts, upgradation of fruits and vegetable market at Fort Road and development of integrated municipal solid waste management system for Diu district.
Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu:
Capital : Daman
Lt Governor : Praful Khoda Patel
President Ramnath Kovind – Inaugurate various developmental projects in Diu.
12. Which state CM has been invited to address the Annual India Conference at Harvard University in February next year?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Jharkhand
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren has been invited to address the Annual India Conference at Harvard University in February next year.
- The Chief Minister’s Office said that Soren has accepted the invitation and will give his speech online at the Harvard University event organized by Harvard University India Conference.
- India Conference is the largest student-run conference in North America focusing on India, and one of the world’s leading forums for dialogue, debate, and networking around issues pertaining to contemporary India.
Capital : Ranchi
CM: Hemant Soren
Governor : Draupadi Murmu
Jharkhand CM – Address India Conference at Harvard University.
13. How many MW solar power unit was commissioned at the NTPC Kahalgaon in Bihar?
Answer: B) 3
- A three-megawatt solar power plant, equipped with 12,800 panels spread across 16 acres of land, was commissioned at the NTPC Kahalgaon.
- The project, which is expected to generate 6.37 million units of power annually.
Capital : Patna
CM : Nitish Kumar
Governor : Phagu Chauhan
Hq : New Delhi, India
Chairman : Shri Gurdeep Singh
Bihar – 3 MW solar power unit launched at NTPC, Kahalgaon.