Daily Current Affairs September 27
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 27. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 27| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 27
1. How many billion USD announced by ADB for food security in Asia Pacific?
A) $ 15 bn
B) $ 20 bn
C) $ 14 bn
D) $ 19 bn
E) $ 10 bn
Answer: C) $ 14 bn
- The ADB announced a USD 14 billion financial support towards the Asia Pacific region’s food security, which is threatened by Russia-Ukraine war and global climatic conditions.
- The funding is for the period 2022-2025.
- The funding was announced by Asian Development Bank (ADB) President Masatsugu Asakawa as part of the 55th ADB annual meeting.
- While USD 3.3 billion will be spent in 2022, USD 10.7 billion is to be utilised between 2023-25.
- Asakawa underlined global climate changes and food security as two key focus areas.
- ADB is owned by 68 members, of which 49 are from the Asia Pacific region.
2. How many lakhs Penalty imposed by RBI on Jalgaon People’s Co-op Bank?
A) Rs 50 lakh
B) Rs 25 lakh
C) Rs 60 lakh
D) Rs 40 lakh
E) Rs 75 lakh
Answer:A) Rs 50 lakh
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs 50 lakh on The Jalgaon People’s Co-operative Bank, Jalgaon for non-compliance with norms, including those related to classification of NPA accounts.
- The RBI had conducted a statutory inspection of the Maharashtra-based lender with reference to its financial position as on March 31, 2020.
- The co-operative bank had not classified certain accounts as non-performing assets in accordance with norms, and had levied penal charges for non-maintenance of minimum balances in saving banks accounts without notifying the customers and without providing one month time for restoration of minimum balances in the accounts.
3. Samsung India and ____ Bank launched co-branded credit card?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) Bank of India
D) Bank of Baroda
E) State Bank of India
Answer: B) Axis Bank
- Samsung India and Axis Bank announced the launch of an exclusive co-branded credit card, powered by Visa.
- The Samsung Axis Bank Credit Card will offer 10% cashback across all Samsung products and services round the year.
- Samsung said that the 10% cashback offer via Samsung Axis Bank Credit Card will be over and above existing Samsung offers, on both EMI and non-EMI transactions.
- The Samsung Axis Bank Credit Card, powered by Visa, is our next big India-specific innovation that will change the way our customers buy Samsung products and spend on services through a series of industry-leading features.
4. Which of the following bank partnered with Yubi to enable higher credit access to priority sector?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) Bank of India
D) Bank of Baroda
E) State Bank of India
Answer: E) State Bank of India
- Chennai-based Yubi, formerly CredAvenue, announced its partnership with the country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI), to help grow the bank’s co-lending portfolio.
- As per the partnership, SBI will be integrated with YubiCo.Lend, the co-lending platform of Yubi, that provides an end-to-end solution and enables lenders to collaborate with multiple partners with a quick one-time application programming interface (API) integration.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs September 27
5. How many billion USD invested by Adani across new energy, data centres?
A) $ 150 bn
B) $ 250 bn
C) $ 100 bn
D) $ 300 bn
E) $ 200 bn
Answer: C) $ 100 bn
- Adani Group will invest USD 100 billion over the next decade, primarily in new energy and digital space that includes data centres, Chairman Gautam Adani, as the group bets big on India growth story.
- As much as 70 per cent of this investment will be in the energy transition space, Adani, the world’s second-richest person, said as he continued to reveal bit by bit the group’s new energy plans.
- The ports-to-energy conglomerate will add 45 gigawatts of hybrid renewable power generation capacity and build 3 Giga factories to manufacture solar panels, wind turbines and hydrogen electrolyser.
Awards- Daily Current Affairs September 27
6. Legendary actress Asha Parekh will be honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke Award, in which year she won Padma Shri Award?
Answer: A) 1992
- Legendary actress Asha Parekh will be honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2020.
- The award will be presented to her at the National Film Award ceremony in New Delhi.
- Announcing the decision, Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur said that the Dadasaheb Phalke Selection Jury has decided to award Ms. Parekh for her exemplary lifetime contribution to Indian Cinema.
- He also announced that the 68th National Film Awards will be held on 30th September and will be presided over by President DroupadiMurmu.
- Ms. Asha Parekh is a renowned film actress, director and producer and an accomplished Indian classical dancer.
- Starting her career as a child actor, she made her debut as lead heroine in Dil Deke Dekho and has gone on to act in over 95 movies.
- She has acted in various films like Kati Patang, Teesri Manzil, Love in Tokyo, Aya Saawan Jhoom Ke, Aan Milo Sajna, Mera Gaon MeraDesh.
- Ms. Parekh is also a winner of Padma Shri, which was awarded to her in 1992.
- She has also served as the head of Central Board for Film Certification from 1998-2001.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs September 27
7. How many MW Solar Power Plant Installedby Hitachi Astemoin Jalgaon, Maharashtra, India?
A) 9 MW
B) 4 MW
C) 8 MW
D) 3 MW
E) 5 MW
Answer: D) 3 MW
- India Hitachi Astemo announced the installation of its ground mounted solar power plant of 3 megawatt (MW) at its Jalgaon manufacturing plant.
- The solar power plant is built in an area of 43301 sqm consisting of 7128 ground mounted solar panels and 10 inverters.
- This is the first Solar Power Plant of Hitachi Astemo in India, embarking a new beginning in the energy sector and a step towards building a sustainable environment, contributing to not only fulling the Prime Minister’s vision of making India carbon neutral by 2070 but also aiming towards achieving Hitachi’s mission of becoming carbon neutral by 2050.
- The plant will eliminate close to 4000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions (equal to planting approx.150,000 trees) each year and will support in reducing electricity consumption charges as well.
- In the first phase, Hitachi Astemo has installed in Jalgaon 3-megawatt solar power plant and will commission additional 1.5 megawatt solar power plant by March 2023.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 27
8. By which year Centre aimed at 40 percent reduction in particulate matter?
Answer: B) 2026
- The Centre has set a new target of a 40 per cent reduction in particulate matter concentration in cities covered under the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) by 2026, updating the earlier goal of a 20 to 30 per cent reduction by 2024.
- According to the Union Environment Ministry, 95 of the 131 non-attainment cities covered under the NCAP have witnessed an “overall improvement” in PM10 levels in 2021 as compared to 2017 levels.
- Twenty cities, including Chennai, Madurai and Nashik, have met the national standards for annual average PM10 concentration (60 micrograms per cubic metre).
- The acceptable annual standard for PM2.5 is 40 micrograms per cubic metre.
- PM2.5 are fine inhalable particles, with diameters that are generally 2.5 micrometres and smaller, and pose the greatest health risk.
- The 132 cities covered under the NCAP did not meet the prescribed national ambient air quality standards for five consecutive years (2011-2015).
9. How many crores Fund of Funds for Startup India Investment committed by government?
A) Rs 7583 crores
B) Rs 7835 crores
C) Rs 7853 crores
D) Rs 7358 crores
E) Rs 7385 crores
Answer: E) Rs 7385 crores
- The Central government said that the Fund of Funds for Startups (FFS), launched under the Startup India initiative in 2016 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has committed Rs 7,385 crore to 88 Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) as of September 24, 2022.
- According to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, these AIFs in turn have invested Rs 11,206 crore in 720 startups.
- FFS which was announced with a corpus of Rs 10,000 crore has been playing a monumental role in mobilizing domestic capital in the Indian startup ecosystem.
- The corpus is to be built up over the 14th and 15th Finance Commission Cycles (FY 2016-2020 and FY 2021-2025) through budgetary support by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
10. Which of the following state governmentwill buy Bajra along with Maize and Barley from farmers?
C) Uttar Pradesh
E) West Bengal
Answer: C) Uttar Pradesh
- In a pro-farmer move, for the first time, the Yogi-led government in Uttar Pradesh is going to buy ‘bajra’ (pearl millet) along with maize and paddy at the Minimum Support Price in the Kharif marketing year 2022-23.
- As per a press release, the move is part of the government’s larger plan to promote coarse grains ahead of the International Millet Year.
- The minimum support price of bajra has been fixed at Rs 2350 per quintal.
- Procurement will start on October 15 in districts with high yield, including Aligarh, Hathras, Kasganj, Etah, Agra, Firozabad, Mathura, Mainpuri, Bareilly, Budaun, Sambhal, Buladsheher, Kanpur Dehat, Auraiyya, Etawah, Jalaun, Prayagraj and Ghazipur.
- Since coarse grains require less water and are more economical in terms of production cost compared to wheat and paddy, UP has been encouraging farmers to cultivate prominent coarse cereals like maize, jwar, bajra (pearl millets) and barley.
11. India set to become self-reliant in which of the following aviation fuel?
A) AV Gas 100 LL
B) AV Gas 100 PP
C) AV Gas 100 RR
D) AV Gas 100 FF
E) AV Gas 100 AA
Answer: A) AV Gas 100 LL
- India has become self-reliant in the production of aviation fuel AV Gas 100 LL, a principal grade of aviation gasoline used in the defence sector and flying schools across the country.
- Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Housing and Urban Affairs, launched the special aviation fuel facility.
- The launch event hosted by Indian Oil Corporation at Hindan Air Force Station witnessed participation by senior officials from the Indian Air Force, Flying Training Organisations and the ministries of petroleum and civil aviation.
- Talking to ANI SM Vaidya, Chairman of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) said that earlier IOCL was importing AV Gas to meet Indian demand, now it is producing AV Gas at the IOCL refinery in Gujarat.
- Vaidya told ANI that by becoming self-reliant in AV Gas India will save approximately Rs 20,000-30, 000/Kilo Litre.
- India has a consumption of around 3000 kilo litre per year, which was imported by IOC, now Gujarat refinery has enough capacity to not only cater to indian demand, but can export also.
- India has around 35 flying schools across the country.
12. Which of the following state decided to amend state GST law?
C) Uttar Pradesh
E) West Bengal
Answer: D) Punjab
- The Punjab Cabinet gave the approval to amend the Punjab Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, to enable ease of doing business in the state and facilitating the taxpayers.
- The amendment will also help in streamlining provisions relating to refunds and rationalising those related to the furnishing of returns.
- This will also ensure levying of interest only on input tax credit wrongly availed and utilised.
- The Cabinet also gave the green signal to withdraw the proposal for setting up a bulk drug park at Bathinda on the site of the closed thermal plant.
- This land can be judiciously utilised for citizen-centric projects like housing, modern residential complex, hotel, commercial projects and other projects like a plastic park, solar power and others.
- The Punjab government had submitted a proposal for setting up a bulk drug park at Bathinda in October 2020 under the scheme of setting up of bulk drug park in the country.
13. Which minister will review performance of credit and welfare schemes for SCs in public-sector banks?
A) Tribal AffairsMinister
B) Finance Minister
C) Rural DevelopmentMinister
D) Commerce and IndustryMinister
E) Minority AffairsMinister
Answer: B) Finance Minister
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will review performance of credit and other welfare schemes for Scheduled Castes (SCs) in public sector banks.
- The meeting which would take place in New Delhi will be attended by Ministers of State (MoS) for Finance Pankaj Chaudhary and Bhagwat KisanraoKarad and Department of Financial Services Secretary Sanjay Malhotra.
- Loans given to persons belonging to the SC community by the banks as well as under various loan schemes, such as Stand up India, Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, will be reviewed in the meeting.
- The meeting would also review the measures undertaken for the welfare of Scheduled Castes in the banks.
- The review will focus on reservation, backlog vacancies and action taken to fill up the same and the functioning of welfare and grievances redressal mechanism, including meetings with welfare associations, appointment of chief liaison officers (CLOs), and constitution of grievance redressal cell, among others.
- Some of the loan schemes are National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM), Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE), Education Loan, Credit Enhancement Guarantee Scheme for Scheduled Castes (CEGSSC), and Venture Capital Fund for SCs, among others.
- The government has launched various schemes specifically for SCs that include the Stand-Up India Scheme, Credit Enhancement Guarantee Scheme for Scheduled Castes (CEGSSC) and the Venture Capital Fund for Scheduled Castes.
14. Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 extended for further period of how many months?
A) 6 months
B) 9 months
C) 3 months
D) 8 months
E) 4 months
Answer: A) 6 months
- Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 has been extended for a further period of six months.
- The extension will come into effect from 1st of next month.
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry said, the government has received requests from Export Promotion Councils and leading exporters to extend the policy.
- The exporters and industry bodies have strongly urged the government to extend the policy in view of volatile global economic scenario and geo-political situation.
- Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 was unveiled in 2015.
- The policy provides a framework for increasing exports of goods and services keeping Make in India vision of Prime Minister in focus.
- It also emphasizes on improving the ease of doing business.
15. Which of the following ministry developed JALDOOT App to capture water level of selected wells in a village across country?
A) Ministry of Finance
B) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
C) Ministry of Rural Development
D) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
E) Ministry of Minority Affairs
Answer: C) Ministry of Rural Development
- Rural Development Ministry has developed a JALDOOT App to capture the water level of selected wells in a village across the country.
- The App was jointly launched by Minister of State for Panchayati Raj, Kapil Moreshwar Patil, Ministers of State for Rural Development, Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti and Faggan Singh Kulaste in New Delhi.
- The App will enable Gram RojgarSahyak to measure the water level of well twice a year pre-monsoon and post-monsoon.
- In every village, adequate number of measurement locations two or three need to be selected as representative of the ground water level in that village.
- The App will facilitate panchayats with robust data, which can be further used for better planning of works.
- The ground water data could be utilised as part of the Gram Panchayat Development Plan and Mahatma Gandhi NREGA planning exercises.
- Further, the utilization of this data by research, planning and other purposes can also be envisaged.
16. Delhi CM launchedhow many point action plan to fight air pollution in winter?
A) 10 point
B) 50 point
C) 20 point
D) 25 point
E) 15 point
Answer: E) 15 point
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will launch his government’s 15-point action plan to fight air pollution in winter on September 30, Environment Minister Gopal Rai.
- Addressing a press conference, Rai said the Delhi government has made it mandatory to install anti-smog guns at all construction and demolition sites larger than 5,000 square metres.
- Action will be taken against project proponents found violating this direction.
- Earlier, construction and demolition sites larger than 20,000 were required to install anti-smog guns to control dust pollution.
Over All Review
Banking and Finacne
Business And Economy