Daily Current Affairs September 26
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 26. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 26| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs September 26
1. World Contraception Day is observed on?
A) September 26
B) September 28
C) September 25
D) September 27
E) September 24
Answer: A) September 26
- Date: September 26
- Day: World Contraception Day
- 1st Observed: 2007
2. World environmental health day was 1st observed on?
Answer: C) 2011
- Date: September 26
- Day: World environmental health day
- 1st Observed: 2011
- Observed By: Environmental Health Summit and IFEH
- Theme: Strengthening Environmental Health Systems for the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals
Sports – Daily Current Affairs September 26
3. Who among the following clinchedJulius Baer Generation Cup?
A) Magnus Joseph
B) Magnus John
C) Magnus Clark
D) Magnus Johnson
E) Magnus Carlsen
Answer: E) Magnus Carlsen
- Norwegian Magnus Carlsen became the first player in the world to break the 2900 Tour Rating barrier following a crushing win over Indian teenager Arjun Erigaisi, and clinched the Julius Baer Generation Cup — the seventh leg of the USD1.6 million Meltwater Champions Chess Tour.
- The world No. 1 needed just two games to take the seventh leg of the Meltwater Champions Chess Tour, ending Erigaisi’s challenge 2-0.
4. Who among the following became second player to score 16,000 runs in white-ball cricket?
A) Suresh Raina
B) Virat Kohli
C) Rohit Sharma
E) Ishant Sharma
Answer: B) Virat Kohli
- Star Indian batter Virat Kohli became the second player to score 16,000 runs in white-ball international cricket.
- Kohli reached this landmark during the third T20I against Australia in Hyderabad.
- Now, Kohli has 16,004 runs across T20I and ODI formats.
- These runs have come in 369 matches in white-ball cricket across 352 innings at an average of 55.95.
- He has 44 centuries in white-ball cricket and 97 half-centuries too.
- He has scored 12,344 runs in 262 ODIs at an average of 57.68.
- 43 centuries and 64 half-centuries have come from his bat, with the best individual score of 183.
- In T20Is, he has scored 3,660 runs in 107 matches at an average of 50.83.
- One century and 33 half-centuries have been scored by Kohli in the shortest format, with a best of 122*.
- The first one to score 16,000 runs in white-ball cricket is legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar.
- Tendulkar played a total of 463 ODIs, scoring 18,426 runs at an average of 44.83.
- 49 centuries and 96 half-centuries came from his bat, with the best score of 200*.
- On the other hand, in the solitary T20I the Master Blaster played, he could manage only 10 runs.
- In all, Sachin has scored 18,436 runs in 464 white-ball matches at an average of 43.58.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs September 26
5. S&P projects India’s FY23 GDP growth at how many percent?
Answer: D) 7.3%
- S&P Global Ratings projected India’s economic growth at 7.3 per cent in the current fiscal with downside risks and said inflation is likely to remain above RBI’s upper tolerance threshold of 6 per cent till the end of 2022.
- In its Economic Outlook for Asia Pacific, S&P said India’s growth next year will get support from domestic demand recovery after the coronavirus pandemic.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 26
6. Who among the following appointed as CEO – Workforce Development of upGrad?
A) Srikanth Iyengar
B) Srinath Iyengar
C) Sri Iyengar
D) Srilash Iyengar
E) Srika Iyengar
Answer: A) Srikanth Iyengar
- Edtech unicorn upGrad has appointed Srikanth Iyengar as the CEO – Workforce Development for North America and Europe, effective September 2022.
- Iyengar has over two decades of experience spanning North America and Europe.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs September 26
7. HAL set up how many crores rocket engine manufacturing facility?
A) Rs 308 crores
B) Rs 508 crores
C) Rs 208 crores
D) Rs 608 crores
E) Rs 408 crores
Answer: C) Rs 208 crores
- The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has set up a Rs 208 crore Integrated Cryogenic Engine Manufacturing Facility (ICMF) here that would cater to the entire rocket engine production under one roof for Indian Space Research Organisation.
- President DroupadiMurmu will inaugurate the state-of-the-art ICMF, set up over an area of 4,500 square metres housing over 70 hi-tech equipment and testing facilities for manufacturing cryogenic (CE20) and semi-cryogenic (SE2000) engines of Indian rockets.
- In 2013, an MOU was signed with ISRO for establishing the facility for manufacturing cryogenic engine modules at HAL, Aerospace Division, and it was subsequently amended in 2016 for setting up of ICMF with an investment of Rs 208 crore.
- The commissioning of all the critical equipment for the manufacturing and assembly requirement has been completed, Bengaluru-headquartered HAL, adding that the pre-production activities which involve preparation of the process and quality plans, and drawings, has also commenced.
- HAL said in a statement it would start realising the modules by March 2023.
- HAL Aerospace Division manufactures liquid propellant tanks and launch vehicle structures of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV), Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV MK-II), GSLV Mk-III and also stage integration for GSLV Mk-II.
- The facility (ICMF) will cater to the entire Rocket Engine Manufacturing under one roof for ISRO.
- The facility will boost self-reliance in manufacturing of Hi-thrust Rocket engines.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 26
8. India and which of the following country CEPA to boost bilateral trade ties?
D) Saudi Arabia
Answer: E) UAE
- The India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) which came into effect on May 1 is already creating a significant positive impact on India-UAE trade.
- Indian exports to the UAE, excluding petroleum products, grew from USD 5.17 billion during June-August, 2021 to USD 5.92 billion in June-August, 2022, which denotes an increase of 14 pc, a government press release by the Ministry of Commerce.
- It is pertinent to note that India’s global non-petroleum exports during the same period (June-August 2022) grew by 3 pc on an annual basis.
- This implies the growth rate of India’s non-petroleum exports to the UAE is almost 5 times that of India’s non-petroleum exports to the world.
9. Which INS entered Port Victoria Seychelles to participate in annual training exercise Operation Southern Readiness of Combined Maritime Forces?
B) INS Sunayna
D) INS Shivalik
E) INS Sahyadri
Answer: B) INS Sunayna
- The INS Sunayna entered Port Victoria Seychelles on the 24th of September to participate in the annual training exercise Operation Southern Readiness of Combined Maritime Forces.
- This marks the maiden participation of an Indian Navy ship in Combined Maritime Forces exercise.
- The joint training exercise is being attended by representative delegations from India, the US, Italy, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, and ship participation from the UK and Spain.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 26
10. How many projects worth Rs 713 crore will make Shimla smart city?
Answer: D) 216
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said that 216 projects worth Rs 713 crore had been approved for Shimla under Smart City Mission.
- He was speaking on the occasion of the inauguration event of a modern lift and foot-over bridge constructed at a cost of about Rs 3 crore at Vikasnagar in the first phase under the Smart City Mission.
- The 36-meter-high lift with a capacity of 20 people will provide great relief to the residents of Vikasnagar for easy access to the National Highway.
- A 53 meters long foot-over bridge along with this lift on Khalini-Panthaghati road will make it easier for the people to cross the road easily.
11. Navi Mumbai international airport will be operational by which year?
Answer: A) 2024
- The under-construction Navi Mumbai international airport will become operational in 2024, Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
- He was addressing the Maratha Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture (MCCIA).
- Fadnavis also said that the ”industrial culture” of Maharashtra will be back on track soon.
12. National Health Authority organised how many days Arogya Manthan in New Delhi?
A) 3 days
B) 5 days
C) 2 days
D) 6 days
E) 4 days
Answer: C) 2 days
- National Health Authority organised 2 days “Arogya Manthan 2022” to celebrate four years of the implementation of Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) and one year of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) in New Delhi.
- Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, Bharati Pravin Pawar hailed the scheme.
- PM-JAY (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana) is the largest health care scheme in the world.
13. Who among the following inaugurated Dasara festivities in Mysuru?
A) Vice President
B) Karnataka Governor
C) Prime Minister
D) Karnataka CM
Answer: E) President
- The famous 10-day long Dasara celebrations commenced in this palace city with religious and traditional fervour, with President of India DroupadiMurmu inaugurating the festivities.
- Celebrated as ”Nada Habba” (state festival), the festivities will be a grand affair this year depicting Karnataka’s rich culture and traditions, coupled with reminiscence of royal pomp and glory, after muted celebrations for the last two years in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The President inaugurated the festivities during the auspicious ”Vrushchika Lagna’‘ by showering flowers on the idol of goddess Chamundeshwari, the presiding deity of Mysuru royals, amid chanting of vadic hymns, at the premises of Chamundeshwari temple atop the Chamundi Hills here.
- Murmu is the first President to take part in Mysuru Dasara.
- She was accompanied by Karnataka Governor Thaawarchand Gehlot, Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai, Union Ministers Pralhad Joshi and Shobha Karandlaje and several Ministers in the state cabinet among others at the inaugural.
14. Who among the following inaugurated flyover, health centre in his constituency in Gujarat?
A) Defence Minister
B) Home Minister
C) External Affairs Minister
D) Tribal Minister
E) Commerce and Industry Minister
Answer: B) Home Minister
- Shah is on a two-day visit to Gujarat where he will participate in a host of programmes including a farmers’ conference in Ahmedabad district.
- In the morning, Shah inaugurated a flyover near Bhadaj village on SP Ring Road on the city’s outskirts, which falls under his Gandhinagar Lok Sabha constituency.
- This six-lane flyover has been built by the Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA) at a cost of Rs 73 crore to ease traffic congestion on the busy Bhadaj circle of the ring road.
- Later, Shah inaugurated a primary health centre in Virochannagar village of Sanand taluka, which also falls under his parliamentary constituency.
15. Kochi will host which edition of Kerala Spice Conference?
Answer: D) 2nd
- The 2nd edition of Kerala Spice Conference & Exposition organised by Spices Board, CII Kerala, and CII Food and Agriculture Centre of Excellence (FACE) with the theme ‘Value Creation in Spices – Global Market’ will be held on September 27 & 28 at Hotel Le Meridien Kochi.
16. Who among the following in collaboration with LAHDC Kargil organises 5-day free medical camp?
A) Asoka Mission
B) Jhansi Mission
C) Subash Mission
D) Netaji Mission
E) Bhagat Mission
Answer: A) Asoka Mission
- In Kargil, Asoka Mission in collaboration with LAHDC Kargil is organizing a 5-day free medical camp from till 30th of this month.
- 17 super-specialist doctors from different departments of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, are participating in the camp at the newly constructed 300 bedded District Hospital Kargil.
- The camp aims at providing expert medical services to poor and needy people of Kargil.
17. Bathukamma, floral festival began in which of the following state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Telangana
- In Telangana, Bathukamma, the state floral festival (9 days) has begun with women in large numbers participating in the festivities across the state.
18. Which ministry will launch Swachh Toycathon, a unique competition to make toys from waste?
A) Ministry of Home Affairs
B) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
C) Ministry of MSME
D) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
E) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Answer: E) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry launched Swachh Toycathon.
- It is a unique competition to make toys from waste.
- Speaking on the occasion, Housing and Urban Affairs Secretary Manoj Joshi said soft toys which are non-durable are often seen in garbage landfills.
- The Secretary said that used toys should be collected, redeveloped, and resold.
- He said this should turn into a social movement as it is a step towards environmentally friendly toys.
- The Swachh Toycathon was launched under the Swachh Bharat Mission Urban initiative.
- The competition is open to individuals and groups to bring forth innovation in toy designs using dry waste.
- It focuses on efficient designs that can be replicated at a larger scale.
- The competition is being hosted on MyGov’s innovate India portal.
- Center for Creative Learning, IIT Gandhinagar is the knowledge partner for the initiative.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Science and Technology