Daily Current Affairs September 17& 18
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 17& 18. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 17& 18| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs September 17& 18
1. Indian javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia clinched silver medal in World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Morocco,he won how many medal in paralympics?
Answer: D) 3
- Indian javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia has clinched a silver medal in the World Para Athletics Grand Prix, in Morocco.
- Paralympics gold medalist Devendra threw the javelin to a distance of 60.97 meter to capture the silver.
- Devendra is a three-time Paralympics medalist.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs September 17& 18
2. Gautam Adani became world’s ____ richest person?
Answer: B) 2nd
- Business conglomerate Adani Group’s chairman Gautam Adani is now the world’s second-richest person after overtaking Louis Vuitton’s Bernard Arnault, according to Forbes’ Real-Time Billionaires List.
- At the time of writing this report, Gautam Adani’s net worth was USD 153.9 billion, compared to Arnault’s net worth of USD 153.7 billion.
- Elon Musk’s net worth is way higher at USD 273.5 billion.
- India’s Mukesh Ambani is at number eight with a total net worth of USD 91.9 billion.
- Gautam Adani is a first-generation entrepreneur and the Adani Group comprises 7 publicly listed entities with businesses spanning energy, ports and logistics, mining and resources, gas, defence and aerospace and airports.
- The Adani Group is the third largest conglomerate (after Reliance Industries and the Tata Group) in India.
- Listed Adani group companies are Adani Enterprises, Adani Green Energy, Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone, Adani Power, Adani Total Gas, and Adani Transmission.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs September 17& 18
3. CAD likely to remain within how many percent of GDP?
Answer: E) 3%
- India’s current account deficit (CAD), a key indicator of balance of payment of a country, is likely to remain within 3 per cent of the GDP in 2022-23 as against 1.2 per cent during the last fiscal, according to an article published in the Reserve Bank’s bulletin.
- The widening trade deficit, or the gap between the value of imports and exports, puts pressure on the balance of payments.
- India’s trade deficit during the first five months of 2022-23 widened to USD 124.5 billion from USD 54 billion in the previous corresponding period.
- In the entire fiscal 2021-22, the trade deficit was USD 189.5 billion.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs September 17& 18
4. SBI acquiredhow many percent stake in SBI Global Factors?
Answer: C) 100%
- State Bank of India (SBI) said SBI Global Factors Ltd has become its 100 per cent subsidiary as the country’s biggest lender has acquired about 14 per cent stake from other shareholders.
- SBI has acquired 13.82 per cent equity of existing shareholders i.e., SIDBI (6.53 per cent), Bank of Maharashtra (4.34 per cent), Union Bank of India (2.95 per cent).
- SBI paid Rs 67.84 crore for the acquisition of 13.42 per cent stake in SBI Global Factors Ltd (SBIGFL).
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 17& 18
5. MoS Anupriya Patel co-chaired___ ASEAN-India Economic Ministers’ Meeting in Cambodia?
Answer: A) 19th
- Anupriya Patel, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry along with Pan Sorasak, Minister of Commerce, Cambodia co-chaired the 19th ASEAN-India Economic Ministers’ meeting held on 16th September 2022 in Siem Reap City, Cambodia.
- The Economic Ministers or their representatives from all the 10 ASEAN countries Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam attended the meeting, a press release by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 17& 18
6. Centre clearedhow many strategic projects worth Rs 60 cr under ‘National Technical Textiles Mission’?
Answer: B) 23
- The Ministry of Textiles cleared 23 strategic research projects worth around Rs 60 crores in the areas of specialty fibres, sustainable textiles, geotextiles, mobiltech and sports textiles under the chairmanship of Union Minister of Textiles Piyush Goyal, informed the Ministry of Textiles.
- These strategic research projects fall under the flagship programme National Technical Textiles Mission (NTTM).
- Among these 23 Research projects, 12 Projects of SpecialityFibres having application areas in Agriculture, Smart Textiles, Healthcare, Strategic Application and Protective gears were cleared.
- 4 Projects from Sustainable Textiles having application areas in Agriculture and Healthcare sectors were cleared.
- Also, five projects from Geotextile, one from Mobiltech and one from Sportech were cleared, informed the Ministry.
- Member NITI Aayog (Science & Tech) & Principle Scientific Advisor (PSA) provided inputs pertaining to Technical Textile for the meeting along with Line Ministries.
- Various leading Indian Institutes including IITs, Government Organizations, and Eminent Industrialists, among others, participated in the session which cleared projects strategic for the development of the Indian economy and a step in the direction of Atmanirbhar Bharat, especially in the Healthcare, Industrial and Protective, Energy Storage, Agriculture and Infrastructure.
7. Which of the following state launched ‘Mission Niramayah’ to revamp nursing, paramedical training?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Arunachal Pradesh
C) Himachal Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttar Pradesh
- The Uttar Pradesh government will launch ‘Mission Niramayah‘ to revamp nursing and paramedical training, said the officials.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath issued directives for improving the quality of education in nursing colleges of the state.
8. Which of the following city declared as first ever SCO tourist and cultural capital?
Answer: D) Varanasi
- The leaders of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) endorsed the holy city of Varanasi as the first ever tourist and cultural capital of the grouping for the year 2022-23.
- Foreign Secretary Vinay Kwatra said this at a media briefing.
- The Indian delegation at the SCO summit in this historic Uzbek city of Samarkand was led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Uzbekistan handed over the rotating presidency of the grouping to India for the year 2022-23.
9. Who among the following launched National Logistics Policy?
A) Vice President
B) Prime Minister
C) Home Minister
D) Finance Minister
Answer: B) Prime Minister
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Logistics Policy (NLP) at the Vigyan Bhawan in the national capital.
- According to the Prime Minister’s Office, the need for a national policy was felt since the logistics cost in India is high compared to other developed economies.
- National Logistics Policy, a comprehensive effort to address issues of high cost and inefficiency by laying down an overarching interdisciplinary, cross-sectoral and multi-jurisdictional framework for the development of the entire logistics ecosystem, is yet another step in this direction.
- The policy is an endeavour to improve the competitiveness of Indian goods, enhancing economic growth and increasing employment opportunities.
10. Govt launched diabetes drug Sitagliptin, its combinations at how many rupees/pack of 10?
A) Rs 90
B) Rs 70
C) Rs 50
D) Rs 80
E) Rs 60
Answer: E) Rs 60
- The government launched diabetes drug Sitagliptin and its combinations at rates as low as Rs 60 per pack of ten, which will be sold at generic pharmacy stores, JanaushadhiKendras.
- The Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI) has included new variants of Sitagliptin and its combination across its Jan AushdhiKendras, the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers.
- The maximum retail price for a pack of ten Sitagliptin phosphate tablets 50 mg is Rs 60, while the same for Sitagliptin phosphate tablet 100 mg is Rs 100.
- Combination of Sitagliptin and Metformin Hydrochloride tablets of 50mg/500mg is priced at Rs 65 for a pack of ten and Sitagliptin Metformin hydrochloride tablets of 50mg/1000mg strength comes for Rs 70 for the same quantity.
11. MSMEs contribute how many percent to India’s GDP?
Answer: A) 30%
- The Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector contributes one-third to India’s gross domestic product and has the potential to grow further, said minister Narayan Rane.
- Addressing the ”Maharashtra MSME Conference” organised by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Assocham), Rane highlighted the role of MSMEs in India’s growth and the government’s focus on promoting the sector with various schemes over the past eight years.
- He also added that MSMEs need better infrastructure and access to technology and finance.
12. India ____ largest recipient of FDI in April-June quarter?
Answer: C) 5th
- India retained its status as an attractive destination among a set of developed and developing economies, as the 5th largest recipient of FDI in the April-June quarter, said the Monthly Economic Report of the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance.
- According to the report released During Q1 of 2022, India was the 5th largest recipient of FDI among the defined set of developed and developing economies, as a buoyant growth outlook coupled with steady improvement in ease of doing business and supportive government policies retained India as an attractive business destination.
- The momentum has sustained in Q2 of 2022 as well with FDI inflows of USD 16.1 billion.
- India’s exports grew at the second highest rate in this quarter despite the ongoing global slowdown, indicative of strong demand for Indian goods.
- India’s forex reserves were the 3rd largest as compared to other economies, adequate to cover 9 months of imports, which is higher than most of the other economies.
13. Andaman and Nicobar Islands declared India’s ____ Swachh Sujal Pradesh?
Answer: D) 1st
- Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has declared Andaman and Nicobar Islands as India’s first Swachh Sujal Pradesh.
- Speaking at a function in Port Blair, he handed over the certificate to Lieutenant Governor Admiral DK Joshi.
- Now, all villages of Andaman and Nicobar Island have been certified as Har Ghar Jal and verified as open defecation free – ODF plus.
- MrShekhawat congratulated all the islanders for this major achievement and highlighted people participation to complete this journey.
14. How many lakh people donated blood under Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav?
B) 1.07 lakh
C) 2.07 lakh
E) 1.06 lakh
Answer: B) 1.07 lakh
- Over one lakh seven thousand people voluntarily donated blood under Raktdaan Amrit Mahotsav.
- The fifteen-day-long countrywide mega voluntary blood donation drive was kickstarted by Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, on the occasion 72nd birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- More than six thousand camps have been registered for this mega drive along with more than two lakh fourteen thousand blood donors registered so far on E-RaktKosh portal.
- MrMandaviya said, a new world record was created on the very first day with 87 thousand 137 people voluntarily donating in a single day.
- The campaign is aimed at increasing awareness regarding regular non-remunerated voluntary blood donations and ensure that blood or its components are available, accessible, affordable and safe.
- As per 2021 statistics, India’s annual requirement is around 1.5 crore units.
15. PM Modi addressed Women Self Help Groups Conference in Karahal, it is located in which of the following state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Arunachal Pradesh
C) Himachal Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Madhya Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said, in the last eight years, the government has helped in every way to empower Self Help Groups.
- He added that today more than eight crore women across the country are associated with this campaign.
- Participating at the Women Self Help Groups Conference in Karahal, he said a huge difference between the India of the last century and the new India of this century has come as a representation of Nari Shakti.
- In today’s new India, from Panchayat Bhawan to Rashtrapati Bhavan, the flag of women power is flying.
16. CM MK Stalin laid foundation stone for ‘Periyar World’ Laboratory in which of the following district?
Answer: C) Trichy
- As a part of E V Periyar’s 144th birth anniversary celebrations, Chief Minister MK Stalin laid the foundation stone for the “Periyar World” Laboratory and Periyar Institute to be built at Sirukanur, Trichy district.
- The event was organised by the state government at the PeriyarThidal in Chennai.
His birthday anniversary also marks Social Justice Day.
17. How many citizen-centric services were available online?
Answer: E) 58
- As many as 58 citizen-centric services related to driving license, conductor license, vehicle registration, permit, transfer of ownership, etc. can be now availed completely online, eliminating the need for the people to visit the regional transport office.
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways issued a notification in this regard on 16 September 2022.
- These services can be availed with the help of Aadhaar authentication, on a voluntary basis, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers