Daily Current Affairs September 19
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 19. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 19| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs September 19
1. World Bamboo Day was first observed on?
Answer: C) 2009
- Date: September 18
- Day: World Bamboo Day
- 1st Observed: 2009
- Observed by: World Bamboo Organization
- Theme: Bamboo for Green Life and Sustainable Development
2. International Red Panda Day is observed on?
A) September 19
B) September 15
C) September 16
D) September 18
E) September 17
Answer: E) September 17
- Date: September 17 (third Saturday of September)
- Day: International Red Panda Day
- 1st Observed: 2010
- Observed by: Red Panda Network
Sports – Daily Current Affairs September 19
3. Bajrang became 1st Indian to win ____ medals at world wrestling championhips?
Answer: A) 4
- Ace grappler Bajrang Punia became the only Indian to claim four medals at the World Wrestling Championships by clinching a bronze in the current edition.
- Bajrang, who won a bronze in last year’s Tokyo Olympics, eked out a close 11-9 win on points over Sebastian C Rivera of Puerto Rico in one of the the bronze medal bouts.
- It is Bajrang’s third bronze at the worlds.
- The celebrated Indian wrestler had earlier won a bronze at in 2013, silver in 2018 and bronze in 2019.
4. Bengaluru FC lifted maiden Durand Cup it was their ___ cup?
Answer: B) 7th
- Bengaluru FC has won its maiden and the 131st edition of the Durand Cup by defeating Indian Super League (ISL) giants Mumbai City FC 2-1.
- This is seventh domestic title for Bengaluru FC.
- But the goal by Alan Costa in 61st minute gave Bengaluru FC the winning lead against Mumbai.
- Earlier, Mumbai City FC defeated two times champion Mohammedan SC in the semis while Bengaluru FC beat Hyderbad FC to seal their spot in the final.
- The first edition of the competition was played in 1888.
- The 34-day tournament played across three states for the first time has concluded with the 47th and final match between two top teams and former champions of the Indian Super League, ISL.
5. Sports Minister Anurag Thakur said 1,000 Khelo India sports centerswill be set up in country by which year?
Answer: D) 2023
- One thousand Khelo India sports centers will be set up in the country and 590 sports centers have been approved.
- By 2023, one thousand sports centers will be ready.
6. Indian Navy conducted ENC Yachting Championship at which of the following city?
Answer: A) Visakhapatnam
- ENC Yachting Championship was conducted at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh by the Indian Navy Watermanship Training Centre, INS Circars under the aegis of HQENC from 13 September to 18 September.
- CmdeSumantra Hazarika, Director MWC (V), was the Chief Guest for the Prize Distribution and Closing ceremony.
- A total of 38 races were conducted in Enterprise Dinghy, ILCA 6, ILCA 7 classes and BicNova Wind Surfer.
- Match racing was held in the Laser Bahia Class.
- A total of 46 Yachtsmen and 08 Yachtswomen took part in the Championship.
- The races were conducted among seven different teams of ENC.
- Local Ashore B was declared as overall Winner and Fleet B was runner-up for the Championship.
- The aim of the competition was to inculcate sportsmanship, camaraderie and a spirit of adventure among the participants.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 19
7. Bad bank planned to buy how many distressed accounts totalling Rs 39,921 crore by October 31?
Answer: C) 18
- National Asset Reconstruction Company of India Ltd (NARCL), the bad bank promoted by the government, is preparing to acquire 18 distressed accounts totalling Rs 39,921 crore by October 31, said two people aware of the development.
- The government-owned ARC informed lenders that it has drawn up two lists — phase one with eight accounts with Rs 16,744 crore debt and phase two comprising 10 accounts with Rs 18,177 crore debt.
- NARCL has engaged consultants such as EY, PwC, Alvarez and Marsal, KPMG, Grant Thornton to conduct due diligence for the 18 accounts, they said.
- It will rely on the due diligence reports to finalise binding offers for these accounts.
- A third list will shortly be issued comprising the twin Srei companies, a few Future Group companies and VOVL, the oil and gas exploration company of Videocon Industries.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs September 19
8. Direct tax collection grew by how many percent?
Answer: E) 30%
- Gross direct tax collections grew 30 per cent to Rs 8.36 lakh crore till September 17 of current fiscal year on higher advance tax mop-up buoyed by the economic revival post pandemic, the finance ministry.
- After adjusting for refunds amounting to Rs 1.35 lakh crore, net direct tax kitty grew 23 per cent to Rs 7 lakh crore.
- Gross collection of direct taxes for 2022-23 stands at Rs 8,36,225 crore compared to Rs 6,42,287 crore in the year-ago period, registering a growth of 30 per cent.
- This includes revenue from Corporate Income Tax of Rs 4.36 lakh crore and Personal Income Tax (PIT) of Rs 3.98 lakh crore.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs September 19
9. Mahindra Group sold how many percent stake in renewables arm for Rs 2,317 crore?
Answer: B) 30%
- Mahindra Susten has sold its 30 per cent stake at an equity value of Rs 2,371 crore ($300 million) to Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board.
- Mahindra Group and Ontario Teachers’ will also jointly explore the sale of an additional 9.99 per cent stake in Mahindra Susten by May 31, 2023.
- The proposed investment would also include setting up of an Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) for listing renewable energy assets.
- The company expects to float the InvIT by 2024.
- Mahindra Susten is the renewable energy firm of the Mahindra Group.
- It is an independent power producer with 1.5 Gw capacity and also is into the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) business, with a constructed capacity of 4 Gw.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 19
10. India overtakes which of the following country to became largest lender of Sri Lanka?
Answer: D) China
- With a total of USD 968 million in loans in four months of 2022, India has emerged as Sri Lanka’s largest bilateral lender, overtaking China in the process.
- In the past five years from 2017-2021, China has been the largest bilateral lender to Sri Lanka as China disbursed USD 947 million, out of which USD 809 million was obtained as market borrowings from the China Development Bank.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has been the largest multilateral lender in the past five years and disbursed funds amounting to USD 610 million in 2021.
- India has disbursed USD 377 million and ADB has disbursed USD 360 million, which account for 76 per cent of the total disbursements in the first four months of 2022.
11. US ratified International Solar Alliance (ISA) Agreement, in which year ISA formed?
Answer: A) 2015
- The USA has ratified India-led International Solar Alliance Agreement (ISA) on 17th September 2022.
- The Instrument of Acceptance was handed over by US Embassy in India Charge D’Affaires Patricia Lacina during her meeting with AS(ER) Prabhat Kumar and JS (ED) Noor Rahman Sheik.
- A total of 106 countries have signed the ISA Framework Agreement.
- Out of 106 nations, 86 have signed and ratified the ISA Framework Agreement, including now the USA.
- The USA was the 101st country to join the ISA during COP 26 climate summit in Glasgow.
- It was formally signed by John Kerry, US Special Presidential Envoy for Climate in November 2021.
- The US became a member with the aim of bringing global energy transition through a solar approach and contributing to more rapid deployment of solar systems globally.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 19
12. Which of the following state governmentwill introduce ‘no-bag day’, compulsory games period in schools?
B) Uttar Pradesh
D) West Bengal
Answer: C) Bihar
- The Bihar government is set to introduce a ‘no-bag day‘ rule in schools and a mandatory games period at least once a week to reduce burden on students.
- A notification to this effect will be issued soon, Education Department’s Additional Chief Secretary Dipak Kumar Singh.
- The weekly ”no-bag day” will have task-based practical classes.
13. Committee on MSP will hold __ meeting on Sep 27 in Hyderabad?
Answer: E) 2nd
- The government’s committee on the minimum support price (MSP), natural farming and crop diversification will hold its second meeting on September 27 in Hyderabad.
- In the first meeting held on August 22 in the national capital, the committee — headed by former Agriculture Secretary Sanjay Agrawal — had formed three internal sub-groups to deliberate on the mandated topics.
- The panel has 26 members including the chairman, while three membership slots are kept aside for representatives of Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM).
- But the SKM has rejected the committee and decided to stay away from the meeting.
- The second meeting will be held on September 27 in the campus of the National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE) in Hyderabad.
14. Which of the following state governmentprovided 1,20,821 tap water connections to rural households on PM’s birthday?
B) Uttar Pradesh
D) West Bengal
Answer: B) Uttar Pradesh
- Nearly 1.21 lakh tap water connections were provided to rural households of Uttar Pradesh on the occasion of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthday.
- Under the ‘Har Ghar Jal Scheme’, as many as 1,20,821 households in rural areas were provided tap water connections in the state, while about 2.59 lakh tap water connections were delivered across the country,creating a ‘record’ countrywide for single-day distribution of tap water connections.
- Andhra Pradesh provided as many as 30,643, Karnataka 25,377, Tamil Nadu 18,671, Maharashtra 17,649, Madhya Pradesh 16,609 connections on September 17.
- Uttar Pradesh conducted about 40% distribution of the tap connections made across the country.
15. Who among the following said NEP recognised all Indian languages as national languages?
B) Home Minister
C) Chief Justice of India
D) Education Minister
E) Prime Minister
Answer: D) Education Minister
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said that the National Educational Policy (NEP) 2020recognisesall Indian languages as national languages.
- In his address at the 36th convocation ceremony of SASTRA deemed to be University at Thanjavur, he also said that the country has the knowledge capability to find sustainable solutions at global level.
16. World’s Highest Battlefield Now has Satellite-Based Internet Service, it is located at an altitude of ____ m?
Answer: A) 5753m
- The Indian Army activated satellite broadband-based internet service on the world’s highest battlefield, Siachen Glacier.
- The feat was achieved by the Indian Army’s XIV Corps or Fire and Fury Corps’ Siachen Signallers.
- The achievement of installing satellite-based internet at an altitude of 10,061 feet on the Siachen Glacier.
17. GeM facilitated over one crore transactions valued at over how manylakh crore?
A) Rs 2.5 lakh crore
B) Rs 1 lakh crore
C) Rs 3 lakh crore
D) Rs 1.5 lakh crore
E) Rs 2 lakh crore
Answer: C) Rs 3 lakh crore
- Deputy CEO of Government e-Market Place (GeM) A V Muraleedharan says the heterogeneous nature of public procurement portal’s seller base reflects on the founding pillar of inclusivity.
- Addressing a Seller Samvadorganised in Kochi, he said starting from big companies and conglomerates, the seller base includes selfhelp groups and MSME sellers from all over the country.
- Muraleedharan said GeM has been able to bring about radical changes in the way procurement was done by government buyers and public sector undertakings.
- He noted that cumulatively GeM has facilitated over one crore transactions valued at over three lakh crore rupees.
- He said 62,000 registered government buyers and 51 lakh sellers and service providers speak for the size and scale of GeM operations.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers