Daily Current Affairs September 16
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 16. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 16| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs September 16
1. Roger Federer announced retirement from which of the following sport?
B) Professional tennis
E) Table Tennis
Answer: B) Professional tennis
- Roger Federer, one of the greatest tennis player of all time, has decided to bid farewell to professional tennis after the conclusion of the Laver Cup 2022 September 3rd week.
- Playing more than 1500 matches over 24 years the Marvel of Tennis exponent.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 16
2. Reliance General Insurance partnered with who among the following to offer customisable health cover?
B) Amazon Pay
C) Google Pay
Answer: D) Paytm
- Reliance General Insurance has partnered with Paytm to offer Reliance Health Gain Policy, a customisable health insurance product, through the Paytm application.
- Reliance Health Gain Policy offers a bouquet of 38 features and benefits, and gives customers the freedom to customise and personalise the policy as per their needs.
- The policy offers three plans—Plus, Power and Prime.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 16
3. Joao Manuel Goncalves Lourenco on being re-elected as President of which of the following country?
E) Equatorial Guinea
Answer: A) Angola
- Country: Angola
- Position: President
- Appointed: Joao Manuel Goncalves Lourenco (Re Elected)
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs September 16
4. UPL &Cleanmax partner to build hybrid power project in which of the following state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Gujarat
- UPL Ltd, a provider of sustainable agricultural solutions and CleanMax Enviro Energy Solutions (‘CleanMax’), a Mumbai-based renewable energy company, will partner to set up a hybrid solar-wind energy power plant in Gujarat.
- The companies will set up and operate a hybrid captive power plant with a capacity of 28.05 MW of solar power and 33 MW of wind power.
- The project will enable UPL to increase its renewable energy usage to 30% of its total global power consumption (against 8% currently).
5. Shell will install 10,000 charging points by which year?
Answer: E) 2030
- Shell plans to set up over 10,000 electric vehicle (EV) charging points across India by 2030 as it joins the electric mobility bandwagon to cut vehicular emissions.
- Shell, which operates 327 out of the 83,888 petrol pumps in the country, launched its first EV chargers in India, for the four-wheeler and two-wheeler segments in Bengaluru.
- Shell joins likes of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) and Reliance-bp in setting up EV charging infrastructure to boost EV usage.
- In the first phase of its launch, Shell plans to set up charging stations in Bengaluru across its fuel stations located in Yeshwantpur, Marathalli, Old Madras Road, Brookefield and Kanakpura.
- The company has plans to expand its EV charging infrastructure beyond its existing retail markets of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Telangana, Assam, Andhra Pradesh.
6. IAF Chinooks to fly Cheetahs to Kuno national park, it is located in which of the following state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Madhya Pradesh
- While a commercial civil plane will bring Cheetahs from Namibia, the Indian Air Force (IAF) is ready to deploy its Chinook heavy lift helicopters which will ferry the felines from the Jaipur airport to the Kuno national park.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to inaugurate the “Reintroduction of the Cheetah” Project Cheetah at the Kuno National Park in the Sheopur district of Madhya Pradesh on September 17.
- The big cat species will be reintroduced in India after 70 years since being declared extinct in 1952.
- 8 Cheetah 5 Female and 3 Male.
- 90 crore budget for 5 year Project Cheetah.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs September 16
7. BSF’s first female camel riding squad ready to be deployed along India-Pakistan border in Rajasthan and which of the following state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: B) Gujarat
- BSF’s first female camel riding squad is ready to be deployed along the India-Pakistan border in Rajasthan and Gujarat.
- The squad will participate for the first time in the BSF Raising Day Parade on 1st December.
- This Squad will be the first of its kind in the world.
- Pushpendra Singh Rathore DIG BSF Bikaner told that Intensive training was given to this squad at the Bikaner Regional Headquarters of BSF under the supervision of skilled trainers.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 16
8. UN World Food Program warned world is facing global emergency as around how many million people marching toward starvation?
A) 345 million
B) 350 million
C) 310 million
D) 325 million
E) 330 million
Answer: A) 345 million
- The UN World Food Program has warned that the world is facing a global emergency of unprecedented magnitude, as around 345 million people marching toward starvation.
- The executive director of the U.N. World Food Program, David Beasley said that 345 million people facing acute food insecurity in 82 countries.
- He said it is incredibly troubling that 50 million of those people in 45 countries are suffering from very acute malnutrition.
- UN Under Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Martin Griffiths said, the widespread and increasing food insecurity is a result of the direct and indirect impact of conflict and violence.
9. Which of the following country signed formal MoU to join SCO; to become permanent member at 2023 India Summit?
Answer: C) Iran
- Iran has signed a memorandum of commitments to join the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), giving boost to India’s focus on an inclusive connectivity agenda in the Eurasian region that would function parallel to China’s Belt and Road Initiative.
- Iran and the SCO started a formal process for Tehran’s accession to the bloc in March.
Iran’s membership was later approved by the Iranian administration.
- Iran will attend the SCO as a full member from the Summit to be hosted by India in 2023.
10. Indian war vessel INS Tarkash takes part in Joint Maritime Exercise with Navy of which of the following country?
Answer: E) Nigeria
- Indian Navy warship INS Tarkash which is currently mission deployed in the Gulf of Guinea (GoG), took part in a Joint Maritime Exercise with Nigerian Navy Patrol Ships on September 12-13.
- The Nigerian Navy Patrol Ships which participated in the naval exercise as a part of the deployment were NNS Kano, Osun, Sokoto and Nguru.
- Reinforcing the Indian Navy’s commitment to maritime security, INS Tarkash is currently mission-deployed in the Gulf of Guinea (GoG) for anti-piracy operations.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 16
11. Union minister Joshi inaugurated India Manufacturing show in which of the following city?
Answer: B) Bangalore
- Union minister for Parliamentary Affairs, Coal and mines Prahlad Joshi called upon the stakeholders including industries to work for a New India.
- Speaking at the inauguration of the India Manufacturing show in Bengaluru, the Union Minister said that we must work towards making India a developed nation by 2047.
- Over 200 crore doses of Covid vaccine were administered in the country, drawing world attention. Regarding infrastructure development, the minister said that prior to 2014 only 11 kms of roads were laid per day and today it is 38 kms per day.
- Similarly just two to three kms of railway line were laid earlier and today it is 10 kms per day.
- Today the production of coal has increased from 516 million tonnesin 2014 to 900 million tonnes.
12. Indian companies spent more than how many trillion rupees in CSR till March this year?
A) Rs 4 trillion rupees
B) Rs 2 trillion rupees
C) Rs 5 trillion rupees
D) Rs 1 trillion rupees
E) Rs 3 trillion rupees
Answer: D) Rs 1 trillion rupees
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur has said that Indian companies have spent more than one trillion rupees in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) till March this year.
- He said, the areas of investment is poverty alleviation, healthcare, education and the environment among other.
- Mr Thakur said this while giving away the Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award India 2022 in New Delhi.
- Mr Thakur said, the role of social entrepreneurs is increasingly becoming critical to nation-building.
- He said, entrepreneurs have actively contributed towards government’s vision of an Atmanirbhar Bharat.
13. Patanjali will launch at least 4 IPOs in next how many years?
A) 5 years
B) 7 years
C) 4 years
D) 6 years
E) 3 years
Answer: A) 5 years
- Yoga guru Baba Ramdev announced that Patanjali Group will launch at least four IPOs for sure – Patanjali Ayurved, Patanjali Medicine, Patanjali Wellness and Patanjali Lifestyle – in the next five years.
- The group’s market cap from Rs 50,000 crore which will increase to Rs 5 lakh crore in five years.
- The group’s current turnover is Rs 40,000 crore which will increase to Rs 1 lakh crore after five years.
14. Who among the following said India set to become $10 trillion economy by 2030?
A) Piyush Goyal
B) Ashwini Vaishnaw
C) Hardeep Singh Puri
D) Amit Shah
E) Bhupender Yadav
Answer: C) Hardeep Singh Puri
- Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Hardeep Singh Puri said that India is on the path to becoming a 10 trillion-dollar economy in 2030 and the third largest economy in the world by 2047.
- Puri addressed the 25th Energy Technology Meet, organized by the Centre for High Technology (CHT), under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoP and NG), Government of India, in association with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd in Mumbai.
15. Which of the following state will get 5G in first phase of launch: Telecom Minister Vaishnaw?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Odisha
- Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said Odisha will get 5G service along with other cities in the first phase of its launch.
- Odisha will have access to 5G telecom service in the very first phase.
- Around 13 cities are likely to get 5G telecom service across the country in the first phase.
16. Hydrogen-powered train will be ready in India which year?
Answer: E) 2023
- Union Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said that India is developing hydrogen-powered trains and they will be ready in 2023.
- Speaking at SOA University in Bhubaneswar, the Minister also said that Indian Railways is trying to connect the remote and unconnected areas of the country with the railway network through its Gati Shakti terminals policy and work on the policy is on the fast track.
- Vandebharat express trains are being manufactured at ICF and will be put into service soon.
- Recently, Vande Bharat got a green signal from Railway Safety Commissioner.
17. Which of the following statesignedMoUs worth Rs 1.3 lakh cr in renewable energy space?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Karnataka
- Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai said the State has signed memoranda of understanding worth Rs 1.3 lakh crore in the renewable energy space and soon work will start in the area of hydrogen fuel.
- The Chief Minister said his government wants to set up industries all along the Karnataka stretch of the Mumbai-Chennai corridor and renewable energy all along the seashore.
- He was speaking at the inaugural function of the Indian Manufacturing Show-2022, organised by the ‘Laghu Udyog Bharati‘ at the Bangalore International Exhibition Centre.
- There will be production of biofuel, solar, and hydrogen.
- We are going to produce ammonia from sea (water).
- The state has taken steps to offer the PLI (production linked incentives) to the industries.
18. How many issues of 422 projects resolved within 8 month of PM Gati Shakti launch?
Answer: D) 1300
- Around 1300 issues related to 422 projects under PM GatiShakti initiative have been resolved in the first eight months of the launch of the initiative, Anurag Jain, Secretary, the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- There are more than 1700 projects under PM Gati Shakti, 1300 projects are ongoing and 1100 issues are still pending.
- Resolution of issues for time-bound project implementation has gained momentum through the Project Monitoring Group (PMG) mechanism, Jain said.
- PM GatiShakti National Master Plan (PMGS-NMP) was launched on October 13, 2021 for providing multimodal connectivity infrastructure to various economic zones.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) accorded approval for the implementation of PM GatiShakti National Master Plan on October 21, 2021.
19. Nirmala Sitharaman chaired____ meeting of Financial Stability and Development Council?
Answer: E) 26th
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman reviewed the state of the economy at the 26th Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) meeting in Mumbai, the Ministry of Finance.
- The council stressed on the early warning indicators for the economy and the preparedness to deal with them, improving the efficiency of the existing financial and credit information systems, and issues of governance and management in systemically important financial institutions.
20. Gadkari laid foundation stone of how many NH projects worth Rs 1128 crores in Gwalior?
Answer: C) 7
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of seven National Highway projects with a total length of 222 km in Gwalior worth Rs 1,128 crore.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Environment and Energy