Daily Current Affairs October 22&23
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 22&23. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 22&23| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 22&23
1. RBI lifted ban on new branches of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank,where is the headquarters of the bank?
Answer: D) Thoothukudi
- The Reserve Bank of India has lifted three years ban on Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB) that prevented the banker from opening new branches.
- The restrictions on opening new branches will be rescinded with effect from October 21, with the bank’s shares being listed just a month earlier on the stock exchange.
- RBI had placed the ban on TMB in 2019 after the bank’s shareholders decided to raise authorized share capital to Rs 500 crore.
- The central bank objected to the bank not raising its subscribed capital to at least half of the authorized capital as required.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 22&23
2. Reliance became ____ Indian company to post earnings call on metaverse?
Answer: B) 1st
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) posted the proceedings of its second-quarter earnings call on the metaverse, becoming the first Indian firm to use the medium to engage with its stakeholders.
- The metaverse earnings call, which can be accessed through any device (even a smartphone), was produced in partnership with GMetri — a no-code metaverse creation platform.
- One does not need to wear an AR/VR headgear to access it.
3. Spices Board joined hands with whom to train spice farmers in e-trading?
Answer: E) Flipkart
- In an initiative to empower spice farmers and grass-root organizations for taking up e-trading of their products, Spices Board has organized a training programme in association with Flipkart at the Indian Cardamom Research Institute, Myladumpara, in Idukki.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 22&23
4. Giorgia Meloni became PM of Italy,she was ___ women PM of Italy?
Answer: C) 1st
- Country : Italy
- Position : Prime Minister
- Appointed : Giorgia Meloni (1st Women PM)
- Succeeded : Mario Draghi
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs October 22&23
5. ISRO’s heaviest rocket LMV3-M2 with how many satellites onboard blasts off from Sriharikota?
Answer: A) 36
- ISRO’s heaviest rocket LMV3-M2 with 36 satellites onboard blasts off from Sriharikota.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) plans to launch Chandrayaan-3, its third mission to the moon, in June next year. Interacting with media personnel on the sidelines of an event in Delhi, ISRO Chairman S. Somnath said C-3 is ready now.
- ISRO has made Launch Vehicle Mark-3 (LVM3) more robust so that it does not have any problems.
- The space agency has also lined up the first test flight of the ‘abort mission’ for Gaganyaan, the country’s first human spaceflight, early next year.
- Mr. Somnath said, ISRO also plans to fly Indian astronauts into orbit by the end of 2024 after carrying out successful abort missions and uncrewed test flights.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs October 22&23
6. Indian defence companies will get orders worth how many lakh crore over next 10 years, says Army Chief?
A) Rs 5 lakh crore
B) Rs 7 lakh crore
C) Rs 4 lakh crore
D) Rs 8 lakh crore
E) Rs 6 lakh crore
Answer: D) Rs 8 lakh crore
- Highlighting the global situation arising out of the Russia-Ukraine conflict and underscoring the significance of Aatm Nirbhar Bharat or SelfReliant India, Chief of the Army Staff General Manoj Pande has said that indigenous weapon systems are the only way forward for the Indian Army.
- During an interaction with select journalists including All India Radio, the Army Chief said that one of the lessons that the Russia-Ukraine conflict has taught on how to be more self-sufficient and not to have foreign dependence even when it comes to sustenance, including ammunition.
- General Manoj Pande said that the contracts signed with the indigenous defence industry have seen a three-fold jump in the last four years, and that orders worth Rs 8 lakh crore will be placed with Indian companies within the next ten years.
- In reply to a question, Gen Pande said there are growing opportunities for the defence industry, which is evident from Acceptance of Necessity or AoN, worth Rs 40,000-crore worth for major defence procurements.
- On the question on what are the new technologies that Army is looking to induct in the near future, Gen Pande said there is a requirement for equipment and platforms for intelligence-surveillance-reconnaissance roles, including UAVs, counter-drone systems, ground-based surveillance systems and radar systems as well as special armament such as loitering munitions.
- The Army chief said that the design, development and manufacturing of defence systems have four pillars, which are resource allocation, enabling policies, viable market, and competition.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 22&23
7. Which of the following state/UT announced ‘Red light On Gaadi Off’ campaign to reduce vehicular pollution?
B) New Delhi
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) New Delhi
- Delhi Government announced the ‘Red Light On Gaadi Off’ campaign to reduce vehicular pollution in the national capital.
- Under the campaign, public representatives and officials will motivate commuters to turn their vehicles off at Red Lights in a bid to curb vehicular pollution.
8. Which year will be celebrated as International Year of Millets?
Answer: E) 2023
- Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has said that India is preparing to celebrate the International Year of Millets on a global scale.
- He said this while holding a meeting with International Affairs and Cooperation Minister of Botswana Dr. Lemogang Kwape in New Delhi.
- Dr. Lemogang Kwape, who is on a visit to India, met with Mr. Tomar to discuss the issues of cooperation between the two countries in Agriculture and Allied sectors.
9. How many railway track is being constructed daily by railway?
A) 15 km
B) 25 km
C) 12 km
D) 18 km
E) 20 km
Answer: C) 12 km
- Union minister of railways, Communications and Electronics and IT Ashwani Vaishnav has said that 12 KM railway track is being constructed daily by railway, while earlier just 4 km of track was constructed daily.
- He said that 20 km of track will be constructed in the coming days.
- Mr. Vaishnav was participating in the Rojgar Mela organised in Jaipur today.
- Addressing the programme, He said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave a special focus on the railways.
- Major changes have taken place in the Railways in the last eight years.
- The work of reconstruction of the stations has also started. 200 stations in the country are being developed into world class stations.
- The master plan of most of these stations has been prepared.
- Mr. Vaishnav said that a lot of work has also been done in the telecom sector.
- India has become the sixth country in the world to have its own 4G and 5G networks.
- Appointment letters were handed over to more than 300 youth in the programme.
10. In which of the following city India’s first ‘Migration Monitoring System’ inaugurated?
Answer: A) Mumbai
- Country’s first ‘Migration Monitoring System‘, which provides updated information on migrant pregnant women, lactating mothers and children instantly on a single system, was inaugurated in Mumbai.
- Maharashtra Women and Child Development Minister Mangalprabhat Lodha launched the system developed by Department of Women and Child Development.
- Speaking at the launch Minister Mr. Lodha said that the Department has created a website-based Migration Tracking System (MTS) to track the movements of vulnerable seasonal migrant beneficiaries through individual unique identification numbers.
- He said that due to this system, the information of seasonal migrant women and children will be available immediately.
- He continued saying that this will make it easier for the beneficiaries to get the benefits of the government schemes.
- The system is available on the website https://mahamts.in/login and MahaMTS App is available in Google Play Store.
11. In which of the following city National Tribal Dance Festival will be held?
Answer: D) Raipur
- The National Tribal Dance Festival will commence in Chhattisgarh’s capital city Raipur from November 1 and over 1,500 local and international artistes will take part in it.
- Organised by the Chhattisgarh Tourism Board, the three-day event will be held at the Science College Ground.
- The festival will see the participation of dance groups from Mozambique, Mongolia, Tongo, Russia, Indonesia, Maldives, Serbia, New Zealand and Egypt.
- The tourism conclave, held at Kiran Nadar Museum for Arts here, saw a number of experts, scholars, and practitioners from the fields of arts, media, textiles, tourism, hospitality and administration take part in panel discussions.
- The day-long conclave ended with a scintillating performance by folk singer and Padma Vibhushan awardee Teejan Bai.
12. Who among the following launched ‘Rojgar Mela’?
A) Vice President
B) Prime Minister
C) Tribal Affairs Minister
E) Home Minister
Answer: B) Prime Minister
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ‘Rojgar Mela‘, a recruitment drive for 10 lakh personnel, through video conferencing.
- During the ceremony, appointment letters are going to be handed over to 75,000 newly inducted appointees.
- This is a significant step forward towards fulfilling the continuous commitment of the Prime Minister to providing job opportunities for the youth and ensuring the welfare of citizens.
13. How many infra projects show cost overruns of Rs 4.52 lakh crore?
Answer: E) 384
- As many as 384 infrastructure projects, each entailing an investment of Rs 150 crore or more, have been hit by cost overruns of more than Rs 4.52 lakh crore, as per a report.
- According to the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, which monitors infrastructure projects of Rs 150 crore and above, out of 1,529 projects, 384 reported cost overruns and as many as 662 projects were delayed.
- Total original cost of implementation of the 1529 projects was Rs 21,25,851.67 crore and their anticipated completion cost is likely to be Rs 25,78,197.18 crore, which reflects overall cost overruns of Rs 4,52,345.51crore (21.28% of original cost).
- According to the report, the expenditure incurred on these projects till September 2022 was Rs 13,78,142.29 crore, or 53.45 per cent of the anticipated cost of the projects.
- However, the number of delayed projects decreases to 531 if delay is calculated on the basis of latest schedule of completion.
- Further, it showed that for 603 projects, neither the year of commissioning nor the tentative gestation period has been reported.
- Out of the 662 delayed projects, 133 have overall delays in the range of 1-12 months, 124 have been delayed for 13-24 months, 276 projects for 25-60 months and 129 projects have been delayed for 61 months and above.
- The average time overrun in these 662 delayed projects is 42.08 months.
- Reasons for time overruns as reported by various project implementing agencies include delay in land acquisition, delay in obtaining forest and environment clearances, and lack of infrastructure support and linkages.
14. Union Minister Parshottam Rupala flags off how many Mobile Veterinary Units in Nagaland?
Answer: C) 16
- Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Parshottam Rupala along with the State Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio flagged off 16 Mobile Veterinary Units, MVUs to 12 districts of Nagaland.
- These MVUs are customized and equipped to provide veterinary health care through a single delivery window system for the treatment of minor surgeries, collection of samples, Vaccinations and Artificial Insemination.
- Speaking at the flagging-off programme held at Secretariat Plaza Kohima, Union Minister Parshottam Rupala said launching of the Mobile Veterinary vehicles for the state symbolizes Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s sympathy and feelings for animals that reaches the border of the country.
- PM Modi’s vision is not only for the citizens but also for the healthcare of the animals.
- These mobile units will be very helpful for the district as it will be reaching to the animals for diagnosis, sample collections vaccinations, artificial inseminations and minor surgeries other than medicines required for illness.
15. Which of the following state announced to restore old pension scheme for state govt employees?
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Punjab
- The Punjab government decided to restore the old pension scheme for its employees, with Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann terming it a Diwali gift for the state staff.
- The restoration of the old pension scheme, which was discontinued in 2004, has been one of the major demands of state government employees.
- The state government’s decision has come ahead of the Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat Assembly polls, where AAP is trying its luck and had promised to restore the old pension scheme for state government employees if voted to power.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology