Daily Current Affairs October 17
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 17. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 17| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 17
1. International Day for the Eradication of Poverty 2022
A) October 15
B) October 17
C) October 13
D) October 16
E) October 14
Answer: B) October 17
- Date: October 17
- Day: International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- 1st Observed: 1987
- Observed by: United Nations General Assembly
- Theme: Dignity for All in Practice.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 17
2. How many lakh crore distributed in Jan Dhan accounts?
A) Rs 35 lakh crore
B) Rs 55 lakh crore
C) Rs 45 lakh crore
D) Rs 65 lakh crore
E) Rs 25 lakh crore
Answer: E) Rs 25 lakh crore
- As much as Rs 25 lakh crore has been distributed so far to beneficiaries under various welfare schemes and subsidies through Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana bank accounts, Union Minister of Tourism G Kishan Reddy.
- Half of the 50 crore Jan Dhan accounts belong to women.
- Today there is Rs 1.75 lakh crore in the Jan Dhan bank accounts deposited by the poor.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 17
3. Flipkart unveiled Flipverse, a virtual shopping experience in metaverse,in which year flipkart founded?
Answer: C) 2007
- E-comerce company Flipkart in partnership with Web3 entertainment firm eDAO, announced the launch of Flipverse.
- It is a metaverse space where consumers can discover products in a photorealistic virtual destination and shop on Flipkart App.
- Flipverse will offer gamified, interactive and immersive shopping experiences for consumers in a digital world by giving them access to various brands, Supercoins and digital collectables.
- The metaverse is a 3D, immersive digital world where people interact with one another on multiple platforms.
- Flipverse will be available on Flipkart’s newly launched platform, FireDrops, which can be accessed from the e-commerce platform’s app.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 17
4. Yubi appointed Atanu Chakraborty as Independent Chairman of its Board,where is the headquarters of Yubi?
D) New Delhi
Answer: A) Chennai
- Yubi, formerly CredAvenue, announced the appointment of the retired civil servant and current Chairman of the Board of HDFC Bank Atanu Chakraborty as the Independent Chairman of its Board.
5. Justice DY Chandrachud appointed as ____ Chief Justice of India?
Answer: D) 50th
- Justice DY Chandrachud has been appointed the next Chief Justice of India, Law Minister Kiren Rijiju.
- He will succeed outgoing CJI UU Lalit, who demits office on November 8.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs October 17
6. Army issued RFP for procurement of how many drones?
Answer: B) 363
- The Indian Army issued initial tenders for the procurement of 363 drones to boost its logistics chain and enhance operational preparedness along the sensitive border regions.
- While 163 drones would be for high-altitude regions, 200 are being procured for use in medium-altitude areas.
- The drones are being procured under emergency procurement through fast track procedure under Buy (Indian) category.
- The initial tender or request for proposal (RFP) for buying 200 medium-altitude drones says the platforms should be capable of withstanding strong winds.
- The document says each medium-altitude logistics drone should be able to carry at least 20 kgs of payload and the overall weight of each platform would be around 100 kg.
- The weight of the payload for high-altitude logistics drones has been kept at not less than 15 kg.
- The last date for submission of the bids is November 11 and the percentage of indigenous components should be up to 60 per cent.
- If the design of the drone is indigenous, then the percentage of indigenous components could be 50 per cent.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 17
7. NATO began annual nuclear exercises in northwestern Europe,in which year NATO established?
A) March 1947
B) July 1948
C) June 1951
D) May 1950
E) April 1949
Answer: E) April 1949
- NATO began its long-planned annual nuclear exercises in northwestern Europe as tensions simmer over military action in Ukraine and Russian President Vladimir Putin’s threat to use any means to defend Russian territory.
- Fourteen of NATO’s 30 member countries were due to take part in the exercises.
- The military alliance said around 60 aircraft including fighter jets and surveillance and refuelling planes will take part in the event.
- The bulk of the war games will be held at least 1,000 kilometres from Russia’s borders.
- US long-range B-52 bombers will also take part in the maneuvers, dubbed Steadfast Noon, which will run until October 30.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization is not permitting any media access.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 17
8. PM inaugurated how many Kisan Samruddhi Kendras?
Answer: C) 600
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched subsidised urea under single brand ‘Bharat’ as part of One Nation, One Fertiliser scheme and inaugurated 600 Kisan Samruddhi Kendras, saying these two reforms will boost availability and ensure quality fertilisers.
- Modi also unveiled international weekly fertiliser e-magazine ‘Indian Edge‘ at the event PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 organised jointly by agriculture and fertiliser ministries.
- The Centre has started a new scheme – Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Urvarak Pariyojana – One Nation One Fertilizer (ONOF) – under which it is mandatory for companies to market subsidised fertiliser under single brand ‘Bharat’.
9. PM will bring together how many farmers and 1,500 agri startups on one platform?
Answer: A) 13500
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the two-day event — PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 at Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi.
- The event would bring together more than 13,500 farmers from across the country and around 1,500 agri startups, an official statement said.
- More than 1 crore farmers from various institutions are expected to attend the event virtually.
- The Sammelan will also witness the participation of researchers, policymakers and other stakeholders.Prime Minister will inaugurate 600 Pradan Mantri Kisan Samruddhi Kendras (PMKSK) under the ministry of chemicals & fertilizers.
- The fertiliser retail shops in the country will be converted into PMKSK in a phased manner.
- It said PMKSK will cater to a wide variety of needs of the farmers and provide agri-inputs (fertilisers, seeds, implements); testing facilities for soil, seeds, fertilisers; generate awareness among farmers; provide information regarding various government schemes and ensure regular capacity building of retailers at block/ district level outlets.
- More than 3.3 lakh retail fertiliser shops are planned to be converted into PMKSK.
- 22 crore soil health cards, over 1,700 varieties of seeds provided to farmers to help increase crop productivity.
10. India’s ____ aluminium freight rake introduced by Hindalco for Indian Railways?
Answer: D) 1st
- Hindalco has launched India’s first all-aluminium freight rail rakes, a bid to help fast-track the country’s ambitious plan to modernise freight transportation and enable significant carbon savings for Indian Railways.
- The aluminium-made rakes are 180 tonnes lighter than existing steel rakes; they can carry 5-10 per cent more load and consume less energy.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister of Railways flagged off the new 61-wagon rake from Bhubaneswar station, which carried coal for Hindalco’s Aditya Smelter in Lapanga, Odisha.
11. Who among the following laid foundation for expansion of Gwalior’s Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia airport terminal?
A) Prime Minister
B) Home minister
D) Vice President
E) Finance Minister
Answer: B) Home minister
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone for the expansion of Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia airport terminal in Madhya Pradesh’s Gwalior.
- As Gwalior is one of the 100 cities that are a part of the government’s Smart City Mission, the airport expansion is expected to increase the beauty of the heritage place.
- The current civil enclave of the Gwalior airport is functional on at least 30 acres of land with limited infrastructure.
- The existing terminal building has a capacity of holding 200 commuters in its 3,500 square metre area during peak hours.
- Its runway is appropriate for aircraft like the A-320, however, its apron can accommodate one A-320 and two Q-400/ATR-72-like aircraft.
- Considering the rise in commuters at the airport, this expansion work is currently underway at the cost of Rs 450 crores.
- The new terminal building will be developed over an area of 20,000 square metres, nearly six times more than the current area.
- Equipped with four passenger boarding bridges, the new terminal is said to be able to hold 1,400 passengers during peak hours, with its apron capacity to park nine A-320 and four ATR-72 types of aircraft.
12. Who among the following inaugurated IBM’s Client Innovation Center?
A) Vice President
C) Prime Minister
D) Odisha Governor
E) Odisha CM
Answer: E) Odisha CM
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated IBM’s Client Innovation Center (CIC).
- Speaking at the IBM CIC inaugural function, Patnaik said most of the IT companies have set foot in Bhubaneswar and Odisha is now fast emerging as a technology resource hub.
- The new CIC will leverage the IBM Garage method of delivery, an approach that helps IBM’Co-create’, ‘Co-execute’, and ‘Co-operate’ transformative business and complex technology solutions with its clients and ecosystem partners.
- IBM Consulting will now operate from 11 CIC locations in India, including Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, National Capital Region, Pune, Mysuru, Kochi and Coimbatore.
13. India will achieve USD 2 trillion export target by which year?
Answer: C) 2030
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal expressed confidence that the country will achieve the export target for goods and services to USD 2 trillion by 2030.
- The minister was speaking at the Exporters Conclave held at Chennai.
- By 2047, the country will become a USD 30 trillion economy with 25 per cent share in exports.
14. Indian Railways earns over how many crores through scrap sale in first six months of this financial year?
A) Rs 2500 crores
B) Rs 4500 crores
C) Rs 3500 crores
D) Rs 4000 crores
E) Rs 3000 crores
Answer: A) Rs 2500 crores
- Indian Railways has earned over 2500 crore rupees through scrap sale in the first six months of this financial year.
- Railway Ministry said, Railways has earned over 28 percent higher as compared to the same period of last financial year.
- The target for earnings through sale of scraps has been fixed at 4400 crore rupees for 2022-23.
15. India stands ____ in the world in terms of fish production?
Answer: D) 3rd
- Union Minister of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Dr. L Murugan has said that the ministry has taken several steps to improve fish production, export and infrastructure development in the last eight years.
- Speaking at the valedictory of Inland Fisheries Summit in Bengaluru, he said, India stands third in the world in terms of fish production.
- Making specific reference to Karnataka, the Union Minister said that 734.77 crore rupees was allocated to the state under the flagship scheme of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) from 2020-21 till date for the development of infrastructure facilities.
- Under PMMSY, over 53 crore rupees was given to complete phase three expansion of Mangalore fishing harbour, phase two of Gangolli fishing harbour, Alvekodi and Thenginagundi fish landing centres.
- In principle, approval is given for the development of state of an art fishing harbour at Majali in Uttara Kannada district at a total cost of 250 crore rupees.
- Under PMMSY, approval is given to acquire 114 new deep-sea fishing vessels at a total cost of 136 crore rupees for traditional fishermen in the state. A total of 1000 communication and tracking devices and 781 safety kits were also distributed to traditional and motorized fishing vessels at a total cost of 11.31 crore rupees.
- Under PMMSY, 62 new Ice plants or cold storage facilities, 799 fish transport vehicles, one fish retail market, 84 fish kiosks and three value-added enterprises were supported with an investment of 133.15 crore rupees.
- The minister informed the fish production in Karnataka has increased from 6.80 lakh tonnes in 2019-20 to 10.74 lakh tonnes during 2021-22 which is about 76 percent growth.
- PMMSY has helped create 1.4 lakh direct and indirect job opportunities in this sector in the state.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy