Daily Current Affairs October 05
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 05. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 05| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 05
1. Jemimah climbed to ____ position in ICC Ranking?
Answer: D) 8th
International Cricket Council
Members: 108 countries
Chairman: Greg Barclay
2. Who among the following topped in National Games?
D) Tamil Nadu
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Services
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 05
3. No charge on UPI payments via RuPay credit card for up to _____?
A) Rs 1000
B) Rs 3000
C) Rs 2500
D) Rs 1500
E) Rs 2000
Answer: E) Rs 2000
- There will be no charge for RuPay credit card use on Unified Payments Interface (UPI) for transactions up to Rs 2,000 in line with the RBI
- RuPay credit card has been operational for the last four years, and all major banks are enabled and are issuing incremental cards for both commercial and retail segments.
- Nil Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) would apply for this category up to the transaction amount less than and equal to Rs 2,000, it noted.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs October 05
4. HFCL will invest how many crores to make telecom parts?
A) Rs 500 crores
B) Rs 350 crores
C) Rs 450 crores
D) Rs 300 crores
E) Rs 400 crores
Answer: C) Rs 450 crores
- HFCL has committed to invest Rs 450 crore in the design-linked incentive (DLI) scheme of the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) to manufacture telecom products such as routers, antennas and 5G radio equipment.
- The company has migrated to the DLI scheme as it is designing and manufacturing the products locally.
- The subsidy amount will depend on the revenue that is generated and the subsidy will be distributed over four years.
5. In which financial year Government likely to save around Rs 80k crore from unused budgeted funds?
Answer: A) FY23
- The central government will likely save around Rs 80,000 crore in the current financial year as various ministries and departments have underutilised allocated funds because of tardy spending by states under some of the Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS).
- The government will save more than 2 per cent on the Rs 39.4 trillion budget.
- This will give the Centre some fiscal room to absorb any additional demand, and help stay within the targeted fiscal deficit of 6.4 per cent of GDP.
- Savings from unused funds would be about Rs 80,000 crore, which will make up for additional expenditure.
- According to the official, the Centre will also save money on lower wheat procurement.
- The government spent 35.2 per cent of the budget for this fiscal year by the end of August, and it spent less than 36.7 per cent of the FY22 budget last year at the same stage.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs October 05
6. Who among the following approved Sony-Zee merger with certain modifications?
A) Electronics & IT Ministry
C) Commerce Ministry
E) Finance Ministry
Answer: B) CCI
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) said it had granted approval to the amalgamation of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEE) and two Sony group firms Bangla Entertainment Private Limited (BEPL) and Culver Max Entertainment Private Limited (CME), with certain modifications.
- The proposed combination relates to (i) amalgamation of each of ZEE and BEPL with and into CME; and (ii) preferential allotment of certain shares by CME to Sunbright International Holdings Limited (earlier known as Essel Holdings Limited), and Sunbright Mauritius Investments Limited, the Competition Commission of India.
- The proposed combination is in the nature of an acquisition and amalgamation falls under Section 5(a) and 5(c) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- CME is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Group Corporation (SGC).
- CME is part of the SGC group (SGC Group).
- CME has several general entertainment channels (GEC), film, sports and kids’ entertainment channels in India.
7. Tata Steel sold how many percent stake in Oman mining arm AI Rimal?
Answer: D) 19%
- Tata Steel has concluded the divestment of its 19% equity stake in AI Rimal to Tanmia, it informed the exchanges.
- With this divestment, the company’s shareholding in Al Rimal Mining LLC has reduced from 70% to 51%.
- Tata Steel signed a definitive agreement to induct Oman National Investments Development Company (Tanmia) as a shareholder in Al Rimal Mining LLC in May 2019.
- Al Rimal Mining LLC, a step-down subsidiary of Tata Steel Limited and was formed with the objective of limestone mining in Oman, according to Tata Steel’s notification to the exchanges.
- The other existing shareholders of Al Rimal Mining LLC will also sell their part stake of 11 percent to Tanmia.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 05
8. Who among the following appointed as Indian High Commissioner to Malta?
A) Gloria Gangte
C) Gloria Ganget
E) Gloria Ganges
Answer: A) Gloria Gangte
- Country: Malta
- Position: High Commissioner
- Appointed: Gloria Gangte
- Others: She was presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs October 05
9. Who among the following received FIH’s Rising Star of Year 2021-22 award?
B) Dilpreet Singh
C) Mumtaz Khan
D) Lalit Upadhyay
E) Gurjant Singh
Answer: C) Mumtaz Khan
- The International Hockey Federation (FIH) conferred India’s young sensation, Mumtaz Khan, with the FIH Rising Star of the Year 2021-22 in the women’s category while Timothee Clement of France has been named the winner in the men’s category.
- Mumtaz Khan burst onto the international hockey scene almost out of nowhere in the FIH Junior Women’s World Cup 2022, thrilling hockey fans with her incredible style of play and an uncanny eye for scoring goals.
- Mumtaz was the best performer for India in the Junior World Cup, scoring 8 times in 6 games.
- She finished in third place on the list of top scorers in the World Cup, as India missed out on a bronze medal by a whisker finishing in 4th place.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs October 05
10. JSW Energy will set up how many MW hydro pump storage project in Maharashtra?
A) 940 MW
B) 920 MW
C) 950 MW
D) 930 MW
E) 960 MW
Answer: E) 960 MW
- JSW Energy has signed an agreement with the Maharashtra government to set up a 960 megawatt hydro pump storage project in Raigarh district of the state.
- Hydro pumped storage is a well-established technology that provides adequate peaking power reserves, reliable grid operation, energy balancing and storage capacity.
- JSW Energy did not disclose any financial details of the proposed project.
- The company through its “green growth vehicle” JSW Neo Energy has been expeditiously securing key resources for Hydro PSPs in various resource rich states for projects with a targeted capacity totalling up to 10 GW.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs October 05
11. Who among the following soon induct India’s 1st passenger drone ‘Varuna’?
A) Indian Airforce
B) Indian Navy
D) Indian Army
Answer: B) Indian Navy
- Indian Navy will soon induct the country’s first human-carrying drone named “Varuna”, developed by the Indian startup Sagar Defence Engineering Private Limited in Pune.
- A demo of this personal air vehicle, an autonomous multi-copter drone capable of carrying the passenger, was shown at the plenary session of Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Seminar held in July this year.
- A Chakan-based Sagar Defence Engineering Private Limited company has designed and manufactured ‘Varuna’.
- The manufacturers claim that this drone can move goods including liquids, equipment, and human beings with a standardized payload attachment.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 05
12. PM Modi inaugurated AIIMS Bilaspur in which of the following state?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Himachal Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Himachal Pradesh’s Bilaspur in the presence of state chief minister Jairam Thakur, Union Minister Anurag Thakur, and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national president JP Nadda.
- AIIMS Bilaspur is a state-of-the-art hospital with 18 speciality and 17 super speciality departments, 18 modular operation theatres and 750 beds with 64 ICU beds, that has been constructed at a cost of more than Rs 1,470 crores.
- Spread over 247 acres, the hospital is equipped with 24 hours emergency and dialysis facilities, modern diagnostic machines like ultrasonography, CT scan, MRI etc, Amrit Pharmacy and Jan Aushadhi Kendra and also a 30 bedded AYUSH block.
- The Hospital has also set up the Centre for Digital Health to provide health services in the tribal and inaccessible tribal areas of Himachal Pradesh.
- Also, specialist health services will be provided by the hospital through health camps in the inaccessible tribal and high Himalayan regions like Kaza, Saluni, and Keylong.
- It will admit 100 students for MBBS courses and 60 students for nursing courses every year.
13. Which ministry signed pact with Nafed to install millet-based vending machines in Delhi-NCR?
A) Agriculture Ministry
B) Tribal Affairs Ministry
C) Commerce and Industry Ministry
D) Home Ministry
E) External Affairs Ministry
Answer: A) Agriculture Ministry
- The Union Agriculture Ministry has roped in cooperative Nafed to promote and market millet-based products through its network of stores and install millet-based vending machines in Delhi-NCR.
- The ministry has signed a memorandum of agreement with Nafed in this regard ahead of International Year of Millets in 2023.
- As per the agreement, Nafed will also install millet-based vending machines at various locations across Delhi-NCR.
- The dispensing millet-based products will assist in establishing the focus on millet-based commodities.
- That apart, the ministry and Nafed will collaborate in key areas like facilitating advisory support to manufacturers/processors of millet-based products to develop value-added millet-based commodities.
- They will also focus on onboarding of startups, inclusive of startups empanelled with Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR) besides formation of Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs) specifically for developing a range of millet-based products.
- As India is gearing up to bring millet back on the global map, the ministry and Nafed will build support and organise, promote, market, and forge effective market linkages for millet-based products to maximise the value.
14. Which of the following state celebrated Mahanavami?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: A) Kerala
- In Kerala, the Mahanavami celebrations are in full swing, with special poojas and rituals being held in major temples across the State.
- October 5 marks Vijayadashami, the auspicious occasion of worshiping Goddess Saraswati, the Akshara Devi.
- “Vidyarambham” will be held, marking the initiations of kids into the world of letters and art forms, in various religious places and institutions in the State.
- All arrangements are being done for Vidhyarambham. Heavy rush is expected, in major temples like PanachikaduDakshinaMookambika temple, Guruvayur temple, etc.
15. Direct flight launched from Kolhapur to ___ under the UDAN scheme?
- Union Civil Aviation Minister JyotiradityaScindia virtually inaugurated the direct flight from Kolhapur to Mumbai.
- This flight has been launched under the ambitious Regional Connectivity Scheme – UDAN which aims to provide affordable air connectivity to tier-2 and tier -3 cities.
- The 55- minute long flight will operate between Kolhapur and Mumbai thrice a week, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
- In his inaugural address, Mr. JyotiradityaScindia informed that 433 new routes have been launched so far under the UDAN scheme, benefitting over one crore of passengers.
- He assured that the expansion of the apron at Kolhapur airport will be commissioned soon while adding that the domestic terminal building will be inaugurated in March 2023.
- Also present on the occasion, Minister of State, Gen. Vijay Kumar Singh (Rtd.) hoped that this flight will not only create ease of travel but also significantly boost the trade and commerce activities between these two cities.
16. In which of the following state country’s second SrijagannathRashtriya Adarsh Veda Vidyalaya inaugurated?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: E) Odisha
- Union education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has said that Shri Jagannath Puri in Odisha is in itself a huge university.
- It has been considered as a hub of knowledge, culture, science and modernity since time immemorial.
- Inaugurating the country’s second SrijagannathRashtriya Adarsh Veda Vidyalaya in the Shri Sadashiv campus of the Puri-based Central Sanskrit University, the minister said the purpose behind the Veda Vidyalaya is to connect young generation of the 21st century with Indianness, Indian culture, Srijagannath culture and Hinduism.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Environment and Energy