Daily Current Affairs November 14
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs November 14. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November 14 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs November 14
World Diabetes Day is observed on which date?
Answer: D)14 November
- World Diabetes Day is celebrated every year on November 14 to mark the birthday of Sir Frederick Banting, who discovered the insulin hormone along with Charles Herbert Best in 1922.
- According to experts, an estimated 463 million people worldwide suffer from diabetes, with Type-2 diabetes that needs to be treated with insulin sensitisers making up about 90 per cent of the cases.
World Diabetes Day: Theme
- The theme for World Diabetes Day 2021-23 is “Access to Diabetes Care – If Not Now, When?”, putting across the timely message for diabetes care.
Children’s Day or Bal Diwas:
- The day marks the birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India.
- Fondly called Chacha Nehru by children, he advocated for an all-rounded education of children that would build a better society in the future. Jawaharlal Nehru considered children the real strength of a nation and foundation of society.
- Prior to Pandit Nehru’s death, India celebrated Children’s Day on November 20 — the day observed as World Children’s Day by the United Nations.
- After the death of the first prime minister, his birth anniversary was chosen as the date for Children’s Day in India.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs November 14
2. Which language writer M Mukundan wins 2021 JCB Prize for Literature?
Answer: E) Malayalam
- M Mukundan’s ”Delhi: A Soliloquy”, translated from Malayalam by Fathima EV and Nandakumar K, was announced winner of the JCB Prize for Literature.
- This is the third win for a Malayalam translation since the Rs 25-lakh award’s first edition in 2018, the earlier being ”Jasmine Days” (2018) by Benyamin and S Hareesh’s ”Moustache” (2020).
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs November 14
3. SpaceX successfully launched a Falcon 9 rocket into space with ____ Starlink satellites?
Answer: E) 53
4. Which IIT signs MoU with Tribhuvan University of Nepal for academic cooperation?
A) IIT Kozhikode
B) IIT Mandi
C) IIT Kanpur
D) IIT Madras
E) IIT Bombay
Answer: C) IIT Kanpur
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 14
5. The next UN climate conference COP27 to be held in which country in 2022?
Answer: B) Egypt
6. Al Maktoum International Airport is related to which state?
Answer: E) UAE
- The biggest-ever Dubai Airshow began at Al Maktoum International Airport, Dubai World Central, with more than 1,200 exhibitors taking part in the five-day show.
- Dubai Airshow is also the largest of its kind since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The show also features more than 160 of the world’s most advanced aircraft on the ground and in the air.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) contingent is also taking part in the Dubai Air Show following invitation by the Government of UAE to participate with the Sarang and Suryakiran Aerobatics Teams.
7. Which country has started the delivery of S-400 surface-to-air missile systems to India?
Answer: B) Russia
- Russia’s Director of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) Dmitry Shugaev told Sputnik news that the deliveries are going as planned.
- In October 2018, India had signed a $5 billion deal with Russia to buy five units of the S-400 air defence missile systems, despite a warning from the Trump administration that going ahead with the contract may invite U.S. sanctions.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 14
8. Who inaugurated The India International Trade Fair (IITF), the 40th edition of IITF and mobile app?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Piyush Goyal
C) Arjun Munda
D) Smriti Zubin Irani
E) Subhas Sarkar
Answer: B) Piyush Goyal
- The fair is being organized by the India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) with “Aatmanirbhar Bharat” as its theme.
- He also said, “We witness 2nd highest GST collections for the month of October.
- Normally you see that kind of a large jump up in GST collections in the closing month of the Financial year.
- We saw a GST number of 1.30 lakh cr truly showing how quickly the economy is coming back towards normalcy”.
9. India’s first ‘grass conservatory’ spread over an area of two acres was inaugurated at Ranikhet in Almora district in which country?
C) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttarakhand
- India’s first ‘grass conservatory’ spread over an area of two acres was inaugurated at Ranikhet in Almora district.
- Around 90 different grass species of significant scientific, ecological, medicinal, and cultural import have been grown in the conservation area, he said.
- The project aims to create awareness about the importance of grass species, promote their conservation, and facilitate research in the field, he said.
10. Which Ministry is Celebrating the Week from 14-21 November Under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav with Theme of Children Ideas, Rights & Nutrition?
A) Ministry of Home
B) Ministry of Women & Child Development
C) Ministry of Finance
D) Ministry of Health
E) Ministry of Sports
Answer: B) Ministry of Women & Child Development
- These workshops will be held between 8 Jan-22 Feb 2022.
- The Ministry is also organising a quiz competition on the theme of ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ for Diaspora children with assistance from the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Furthermore, the program would include national consultation on child and adolescent mental health and child sexual abuse through SAMVAD.
Over All Review
Science and Technology