Daily Current Affairs November 13
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs November 13. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November 13 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs November 13
1. World Kindness Day is observed on which date?
A) November 13
B) November 11
C) November 15
D) November 16
E) November 17
Answer: A) November 13
History of World Kindness Day:
- The history of the World Kindness Day dates back to 1997 when World Kindness Movement hosted the first conference in Tokyo, Japan to bring together like-minded organizations from across the world.
- It is observed in many countries like Canada, Australia, Nigeria and the United Arab Emirates.
- It was in 1998, that the day became an annual observance.
- The kindness movement started gaining acceptance across the globe with each passing year.
- In 2005, the UK kindness movement began while in 2009 Singapore too joined the initiative.
- From UK (2010), Australia (2012), France (2015), USA (2018), by 2019 the World Kindness Movement had reached 27 countries.
- After its long journey of decades, the World Kindness Movement was finally recognized as an official NGO in Switzerland.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs November 13
2. Which city is topped in the Pollution cities, according to IQAir?
Answer: B) Delhi
- Released by : IQAir, Switzerland-based climate group
- Of the world’s top 10 cities with the worst air quality, three — Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai, are in India, data from air quality and pollution city tracking service from IQAir, a Switzerland-based climate group showed.
- While Delhi’s Air Quality Index (AQI) at 556 made it to the top of the list, Kolkata and Mumbai recorded an AQI of 177 and 169, respectively, at fourth and sixth position, on the list.
- The cities with the worst AQI indices also include Lahore, in Pakistan, and Chengdu, in China.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs November 13
3. ‘We Are Refugees’ is authored by whom?
A) Michael Wolff
B) Valerie Biden Owens
C) Kavitha Rao
D) Denny Thomas Vattakunnel
E) Subhadra Sen Gupta
Answer: D) Denny Thomas Vattakunnel
- The Arabic edition of prominent writer Denny Thomas Vattakunnel’s book ‘We Are Refugees’ which examines refugee issues in countries such as Myanmar, Tibet, Somalia, Syria, Palestine and South Sudan, has been released at the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF)-2021 recently.
- The first copy of the book was released by Sharjah Police Chief Abdulatheef Musthfa Al Qadi and received by Sharjah Indian Association President Advocate YA on November 8.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs November 13
4. Which state bagged prestigious national awards in three different categories in the field of tourism?
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand bagged prestigious national awards in three different categories in the field of tourism.
- Rishikesh got the ‘best adventure destination’ award, Jim Corbett the ‘best wildlife destination’ award, and Kedarnath the ‘best spiritual destination’ award.
- Union Tourism Minister G Kishan Reddy presented these awards to his Uttarakhand counterpart Satpal Maharaj at a function in Delhi.
5. Who has bagged the prestigious Dr Mangalam Swaminathan National Award for Excellence in Journalism for the year 2020?
A) RK Sinha
B) RK Sarath
C) RK Varun
D) RK Kiran
E) RK Siva
Answer: A) RK Sinha
- Dr. Mangalam Swaminathan Foundation has announced ten prestigious National Excellence Awards for the year 2020 and 2021.
- Each award carries a purse of Rs one lakh, citation and bronze momento.
- The ten prestigious awards include Excellence in Journalism, Science Reporting, Art and Culture, Medical Malpractice Investigation and Dattopant Thengadi Seva Samman.
- Malayala Manorama Assistant Editor Varughese Thomas has bagged the National Award for Excellence in Science Reporting for 2020.
- The award is being conferred on Varughese Thomas for his dedicated, consistent and brilliant reporting of science, scientific discoveries and personalities, the Foundation Chairman said.
- The Award for Excellence in Art and Culture 2020 is being conferred on Ms Mubarack Nissa Muhammad Riyas for her excellent and world renowned academic attainments and acclaimed paintings which attracted world appreciation.
- The Award for Excellence in Medical Malpractice Investigation 2020 is being conferred on Ms. Pushpa Girimaji for her exceptionally brilliant reportage on medical malpractices, exposing consumer grievances and life time achievements as a passionate investigator for consumer empowerment.
- The Award of Dattopant Thengadi Seva Samman in the field of Social Service-2020 is being conferred on Aji Krishnan, HRDS India, for his pioneering work in the Adivasi areas and building thousands of houses for the homeless in remote rural areas across the country.
- The Dr. Mangalam Swaminathan National Award for Excellence in Journalism for 2021 is being conferred on Shriram C. Joshi, Associate Editor, Pudhari Daily for his reporting skills, prolific writing and commitment for truth.
- The Award for Excellence in Science Reporting-2021 is being conferred on Shalabh Upadhyay, Founder & Editor-In-Chief, NEWJ for excellence in promoting science, technology, culture and national interest through the new age Social Media.
- The Award for Excellence in Art and Culture-2021 is being conferred on Ganesh P R, Web Consultant, Organiser Weekly for popularising Indian art and culture and for his exceptional achievements as a poet, writer and social activist.
- The Award in Medical Malpractice Investigation-2021 is being conferred on Advocate Apoorv Kurup for his legal fights to protect social justice and individual safety.
- The Dattopant Thengadi Seva Samman Award is being conferred on Suresh Jain of the Bharat Vikas Parishad for their commitment to social service and commendable help to humanity during floods, cyclones and COVID-19.
- The annual National Excellence Award ceremony will be held at 1630 hours on November 29 at NDMC Main Auditorium at Sansad Marg in New Delhi.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs November 13
6. Which IIT develops web-based ‘green’ monitoring system for Ganga?
A) Indian Institute of Technology Varanasi
B) Indian Institute of Technology Kozhikode
C) Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
D) Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
E) Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Answer: C) Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- An Indo-US project has spurred Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur to develop a web-based system to monitor the “health” of the Ganga.
- The project has been jointly sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF).
- The low-cost, multi-parameter, water quality monitor named Niracara Svayamsasita Vedh Shala (NSVS) consists an array of sensors and auto sampler on a stationary platform, which is semi-submersible, all-weather, robust and perfectly stable.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 13
7. India and which country hold first-ever Foreign Office Consultations, discuss expanding trade links?
Answer: E) Luxembourg
- India and Luxembourg held their first-ever Foreign Office Consultations during which they discussed on ways to further expand economic links and deepen cooperation in areas including finance, steel, space, innovation, start-ups, among others.
- The talks were co-chaired by Reenat Sandhu, Secretary (West), Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India and Sylvie Lucas, Secretary General, Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of Luxembourg.
- The Consultations were institutionalized as an outcome of the bilateral Summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Luxembourg, in November 2020.
8. Which organisation and United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change inked pact at COP26 conference in Glasgow to fight climate change?
Answer: A) ISA
- International Solar Alliance and United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change inked pact at COP26 conference in Glasgow to fight climate change.
- According to the statement, the MoU was signed by Ajay Mathur, Director General, ISA and Ovais Sarmad, Deputy Executive Secretary, UNFCCC.
- As part of the agreement, the two institutions will jointly organise a set of activities with the UN Climate Change secretariat to facilitate the implementation of mitigation action in the energy sector, facilitate the implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions and Long-term Low Emission Development Strategies.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 13
9. Centre releases grant of _______ to 19 states to strengthen health systems?
A) Rs 3,453.92 cr
B) Rs 4,453.92 cr
C) Rs 5,453.92 cr
D) Rs 6,453.92 cr
E) Rs 8,453.92 cr
Answer: E) Rs 8,453.92 cr
10. The Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) has delivered how many Floating Border Out-Post (FBOPs) vessels out of nine being built for the Border Security Force (BSF)?
Answer: C) 3
- The FBOPs with an overall length of 46 meters and breadth of 12 meters are designed for deployment in Inland waters of India, specifically in the creek area of Kutch (Gujarat) and Sunderbans of West Bengal, CSL said.
- The vessels are designed in-house by CSL and classed by Indian Register of Shipping and each FBOP vessel is designed with stowage arrangements for four fast patrol boats, which can be launched and hoisted using its own davit system.
- The vessel shall act as the floating base for the flotilla of fast patrol boats.
- The vessel is to supply Petrol, Fresh Water and provisions to the smaller boats.
11. The ”most modern” Habibganj railway station in which state has been renamed after Gond queen Rani Kamlapati?
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Madhya Pradesh
- The ”most modern” Habibganj railway station in Bhopal has been renamed after Gond queen Rani Kamlapati, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said.
12. Which edition of the Kolkata Book Fair will be inaugurated on January 31, 2022?
Answer: E) 45th
13. The National Achievement Survey 2021, was successfully conducted across _____ States and union territories across the country?
Answer: D) 36
- The National Achievement Survey 2021, was successfully conducted across all 36 States and union territories across the country.
- “As per initial estimates received from 24 states/UTs nearly 96 cent of the sampled schools and nearly 92 cent of the targeted sampled children, of classes 3, 5, 8 and 10 participated in the survey.
- The National Achievement Survey (NAS) is a process of gathering information in order to develop a deep understanding of what students know, understand and can do with their knowledge as a result of their educational experiences” the Education Ministry in a statement said.
- The Ministry further said in a statement that, “This process will ultimately culminate to improve the subsequent students’ learning and development, through systemic interventions.”
- The National Achievement Survey was conducted in different mediums of instruction as available in the sampled schools. NAS is a scientifically designed achievement survey.
- There are three phases of NAS exercise, namely instrument development, sampling design and actual administration of the test.
- Grade-wise subject-specific learning outcomes have been identified, which have been assessed through NAS.
14. Who launched Citizens’ Tele Law Mobile App and felicitated frontline functionaries at a function in New Delhi?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Arjun Munda
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Subhas Sarkar
Answer: D) Kiren Rijiju
- As part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, Law Minister Kiren Rijiju on Saturday launched Citizens’ Tele Law Mobile App and felicitated frontline functionaries at a function in New Delhi.
- This App would connect the beneficiaries directly with Panel Lawyers offering legal advice and consultation.
- Post this launch this Mobile App, in Android version would be available on Google Playstore for download.
- He said, this App will go a long way in serving the people of the country in terms of legal aspects.
15. Who addressed the 51st Conference of Governors and Lieutenant Governors at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Ram Nath Kovind
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Subhas Sarkar
Answer: C) Ram Nath Kovind
- President Ram Nath Kovind addressed the 51st Conference of Governors and Lieutenant Governors at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- The conference was attended by the Governors and Lieutenant Governors from all states and union territories across the country in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu, and Union Home Minister Amit Shah at the event.
- Meanwhile, conference is the fourth one to be presided over by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- The last conference was held in 2019.
- Also, it has been a tradition followed since India’s independence.
16. Who inaugurates first operationalised private sector defence sector defence manufacturing facility in UP Defence Industrial Corridor?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Ram Nath Kovind
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Rajnath Singh
Answer: E) Rajnath Singh
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the first operationalised private sector defence manufacturing facility in Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor (UPDIC) in Lucknow on November 13, 2021.
- The facility, run by Aerolloy Technologies, a wholly owned subsidiary of PTC industries, will manufacture parts for Aircraft Engines, Helicopter Engines, Structural parts for aircrafts, Drones and UAV, Submarines, Ultra-Light Artillery Guns, Space Launch Vehicles and Strategy Systems etc.
17. _____ to host the biggest higher education conclave for North India?
Answer: E) Chandigarh
- HEC – Higher Education Conclave (a three-day event) by Silver Fern is a concoction of The Learned and The Learning.
- This one of its kind education fair is replete with students, school and college counselors, Delegates from international universities, English PTE Trainers, and anyone and everyone associated with the field of education.
- The event is being hosted at Hyatt Regency, Chandigarh, with the theme of “Decoding future in the times of change” Kickstarting the first edition of the event on 18th November is Silver Fern, an already established name in the education industry guiding students with their international education for twelve years now.
- Their team of experts has successfully assisted nearly 12,000 students to study at their desired universities and colleges to date.
Over All Review
Books and Authors
Science and Technology