Daily Current Affairs November 08
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs November 08. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November 08 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs November 08
1. World Radiology Day is observed on which date?
A) November 1
B) November 7
C) November 8
D) November 6
E) November 5
Answer: C) November 8
- World Radiology Day is observed on November 8 every year.
- The day marks the anniversary of the discovery of X-rays in 1895.
- World Radiology Day is celebrated to raise public awareness of radiographic imaging and therapy, which play an important role in the diagnosis and the treatment of patients and, most importantly, ensuring radiation is kept to the minimum required, hence improving the quality of patient care.
World Radiology Day History and Significance:
- X-rays were discovered by the German Scientist Wilhelm Conrad Rontgen in 1895.
- In 1901, Rontgen became the first recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physics for this achievement.
- Radiographers Association of Madhya Pradesh has celebrated World Radiology Day since 1996.
- The International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists have celebrated November 8 as World Radiography Day since 2007.
- Radiographers from across the globe promote radiography as a career and a significant contributor to modern healthcare.
- The day also gives radiographers a chance to talk about the challenges that the healthcare sector faced amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
World Radiology Day theme 2021:
- The theme for the International Day of Radiology 2021 is ‘Interventional Radiology – Active care for the patient’.
- This year’s theme aims at inviting “everyone to celebrate the essential role that interventional radiology plays in treating patients.”
World Urbanism Day:
- World Urbanism Day, also known as World Town Planning Day, is celebrated in more than 30 countries on four continents on November 8.
- The international organisation for it was founded in 1949 by the late Professor Carlos Maria della Paolera of the University of Buenos Aires.
- He was a graduate from the Institut d’urbanisme in Paris.
- It works towards advancement of public and professional interest in planning.
- It recognises and promotes the role of planning in creating good livable communities.
World Urbanism Day also draws attention to the environmental impact resulting from the development of cities and territories.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs November 08
2. Sankalp Gupta becomes the 71st Grandmaster of India. He was related to which state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Maharashtra
- Nagpur-based teenager Sankalp Gupta becomes the 71st Grandmaster of India after completing the third and final norm at the GM Ask 3 round-robin event in Arandjelovac.
- The 18-year-old secured the three required GM norms in just 24 days by playing three tournaments on the trot.
- In the three events, his rating performances were at 2599 and above.
- He also touched the 2500 Elo rating mark during the tournament.
3. Novak Djokovic won a record-extending ______ Paris Masters title by Daniil Medvedev?
Answer: C) 6
- The day after ensuring he finishes No. 1 for a record seventh year, Novak Djokovic beat No. 2 Daniil Medvedev 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 in the Paris Masters final on Sunday for a record 37th Masters title.
- Djokovic moved one clear of fellow 20-time Grand Slam winner Rafael Nadal for Masters trophies, and nine ahead of Roger Federer, the other tennis great with 20 majors.
- It also gave Djokovic a record-extending sixth Paris Masters title and put him 6-4 up overall against the No. 2-ranked Medvedev, who is pushing hard to dethrone him in world tennis.
- The veteran Serb had lost to Medvedev in straight sets in the U.S. Open final two months ago and had not played a tournament since.
- Medvedev looked strong early on but top-seeded Djokovic, who beat him in straight sets in this year’s Australian Open final, withstood punishing rallies against an opponent nine years younger.
- Djokovic’s double break against a tiring Medvedev, the defending champion, gave him a 5-2 lead and the chance to serve for an 86th career title.
4. India’s Manika Batra and Archana Kamath won the women’s doubles title at the WTT Contender Lasko defeated by Melanie Diaz and Adriana Diaz from ____?
E) Puerto Rico
Answer: E) Puerto Rico
- India’s Manika Batra and Archana Kamath tasted their first major success as a pair by winning the women’s doubles title at the WTT Contender Lasko.
- The world number 36 pairing beat the 23rd-ranked combine of Melanie Diaz and Adriana Diaz from Puerto Rico 11-3, 11-8, 12-10.
- The India duo saved four game points in third set to seal the match. Manika and Archana had to dig deep to beat China’s Liu Weishan and Wang Yidi in the semifinals.
- In the women’s singles, Manika did well to reach the semifinals.
5. Who won Mexico City Grand Prix?
A) Max Verstappen
B) Lewis Hamilton
C) Valtteri Bottas
D) Yuki Tsunoda
E) Sergio Perez
Answer: A) Max Verstappen
|1||Max Verstappen||Netherlands||Red Bull Racing|
|2||Lewis Hamilton||United Kingdom||Mercedes|
|3||Sergio Perez||Mexico||Red Bull Racing|
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs November 08
6. Which state is topped in the logistics index by Commerce Ministry report?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Gujarat
- Gujarat has retained the top slot on the logistics index chart, an indicator of the efficiency of logistical services necessary for promoting exports and economic growth, according to a Commerce Ministry report released.
- Gujarat occupied the first spot among 21 states, followed by Haryana, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, and Maharashtra in that order.
- The LEADS (Logistics Ease Across Different States) 2021 report, released by Commerce and Industry Ministry Piyush Goyal , would help in identifying the problem areas in the sector and prepare policy responses to deal with them.
- The index aims at enhancing the focus on improving logistics performance across states which is essential for improving the country’s trade and reducing transactions cost.
- Among the northeastern states and Himalayan union territories, Jammu Kashmir topped the chart.
- Among Union Territories, Delhi got the top position.
- The first logistics report was released in 2018.
- No ranking was released last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
7. What is the rank of India in Global Drug Policy Index?
Answer: E) 18
- Total Countries: 30
- Released By: Harm Reduction Consortium
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs November 04
8. Which insurance strengthened its partnership with PhonePe to offer motor insurance digitally?
A) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
B) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance.
C) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
D) Apollo Munich Health Insurance
E) Liberty General Insurance
Answer: E) Liberty General Insurance
- Liberty General Insurance Ltd, one of the leading general insurance companies in India, strengthened its partnership with PhonePe to offer motor insurance digitally.
- Through PhonePe, Liberty General Insurance’s motor insurance policy provides easy accessibility to the motor insurance cover, especially to the digitally savvy generation.
- In 2020, PhonePe ventured into distribution of insurance and has become one of India’s fastest growing digital distributors with sale of over 5 lakh policies in 5 months.
- Speaking on the development, Roopam Asthana, CEO & Whole Time Director, Liberty General Insurance said, “With this partnership, Liberty General Insurance strengthens its tie-up with PhonePe to empower their customers with the best protection cover in today’s digital era.
- Liberty General Insurance has a comprehensive bouquet of insurance products that distinguishes itself from the existing gamut of motor insurance products in the market.
9. Tata Motors has signed a five-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which SFB to bring financial solutions to its customers?
A) A U Small Finance Bank.
B) Equitas Small Finance Bank.
C) ESAF Small Finance Bank.
D) Utkarsh Small Finance Bank.
E) Suryoday Small Finance Bank.
Answer: B) Equitas Small Finance Bank.
- Tata Motors has signed a five-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Equitas SFB, to bring financial solutions to its customers.
- These benefits will be applicable across the Tata Motors small commercial vehicle (SCV) range.
- Tata Motors will leverage Equitas SFB’s network across the country, spanning 861 branches and 550+ CV customer touchpoints, to make these solutions accessible for customers.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs November 08
10. Kamala Harris: Phenomenal Woman is authored by whom?
A) Michael Wolff
B) Chidanand Rajghatta
C) Kavitha Rao
D) Manreet Sodhi Someshwar
E) Subhadra Sen Gupta
Answer: B) Chidanand Rajghatta
- HarperCollins Publishers India is delighted to announce the publication of ‘Kamala Harris: Phenomenal Woman’ by Chidanand Rajghatta.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs November 08
11. Which language actor Puneeth Rajkumar will be posthumously conferred the Basavashree award 2021 by the Bruhanmutt?
Answer: E) Kannada
- Kannada actor Puneeth Rajkumar will be posthumously conferred the Basavashree award 2021 by the Bruhanmutt.
- Murugha Mutt seer Dr Shivamurthy Murugha Sharanaru made an announcement in this regard.
- The award honours people for services to society in their respective fields by following the principles of Lord Basaveshwar.
- It is presented by Chitradurga Bruhanmutt since 1997.
- The award includes a Rs 5 lakh cash and a memento.
- PT Usha (2009), Malala Yousufzai (2014), P Sainath (2016), Dr K Kasturirangan (2020) are some to win the award in recent times.
- Fondly called Appu, Puneeth, who was born in Chennai on March 17, 1975, was an actor, playback singer, television presenter, and producer.
- Puneeth, son of Matinee Idol Rajkumar, was a lead actor in 29 films and as a child, and appeared in many films.
- His performances in Vasantha Geetha (1980), Bhagyavantha (1981), Chalisuva Modagalu (1982), Eradu Nakshatragalu (1983), Bhakta Prahaladha, Yarivanu and Bettada Hoovu (1985) had earned him accolades.
- He won the National Film Award for Best Child Artist for his role of Ramu in Bettada Hoovu.
- He also won the Karnataka State Award for Best Child artist for Chalisuva Modagalu and Eradu Nakshatragalu.
- His second innings in the silver screen started in 2002 with the Kannada movie Appu, which was received well by Kannadigas all over the globe.
- Popularly called as ‘Powerstar’, he acted in commercially hit movies Abhi (2003), Veera Kannadiga (2004), Mourya (2004), Aakash (2005), Ajay (2006), Arasu (2007), Milana (2007), Vamshi (2008), Raam (2009), Jackie (2010), Hudugaru (2011), Ranavikrama (2015), Raajakumara (2017), and Anjani Putra (2017).
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 08
12. Who inaugurates diversion of Marusudar River at Pakal Dul HE Project (1000 MW) in J&K?
A) R.K. Singh
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Arjun Munda
D) Smriti Zubin Irani
E) G. Kishan Reddy
Answer: A) R.K. Singh
- Shri R.K. Singh Union Minister, Power, New and Renewable Energy virtually inaugurated the Diversion of Marusudar River of Pakal Dul Hydro Electric Project in Kishtwar district of J&K.
- Shri Alok Kumar, Secretary (Power) GOI, Shri Rohit Kansal, Principal Secretary, PDD, GOJK, Shri A.K. Singh, CMD, NHPC, Shri Suresh Kumar (IAS Retd), Chairman, CVPPPL, and other senior officers of Power Ministry and State Administration attended the function.
- The Principal Secretary, PDD, Government of J&K assured continuous support of J&K administration in achieving the scheduled milestones of HydroPower projects and paid his gratitude to the Union Minister for taking keen interest in the overall development of the region.
- Pakal Dul HE Project (1000 MW) is being constructed by Chenab Valley Power Projects [P] Ltd. a joint venture company of NHPC Ltd (Govt of India Enterprise) and JKSPDC (Govt of J&K Enterprise).
- CVPPPL has been entrusted 3094 MW Hydro Power Projects for construction in J&K.
Marusudar River is a major tributary of Chenab River.
- Diversion of River will pave the way for acceleration in construction activities of the Project.
- The completion of the project shall be boon to the overall development of the region and lead to improvement in socio economic conditions of the people.
- R.K. Singh – Diversion of Marusudar River of Pakal Dul Hydro Electric Project in Kishtwar district of J&K.
13. Which state develops country’s ‘first-ever’ bamboo made cricket bat, stumps?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Tripura
- Bamboo and Cane Development Institute (BCDI) of Tripura along with North East Centre of Technology Application and Reach (NECTAR) claimed to have developed the country’s first-ever bamboo made cricket bat maintaining all the standard protocols used for manufacturing cricket bats.
- The officials have said that these bats can be used in all formats of cricket and await feedback from professionals for additional value addition.
- The product was designed in Tripura’s Bamboo and Cane Development Institute using locally available materials.
- The hard “Boom (local Name)” bamboo has been used to develop the bats.
- At the same time, bamboo wickets have been also designed from “Kanakaich (a local variety of bamboo)” which is nearly solid.
14. Who launched the first-ever Mentorship Programme for Young Innovators to mark the 75th Year of India’s independence?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Arjun Munda
D) Smriti Zubin Irani
E) Dr. Virendra Kumar
Answer: B) Jitendra Singh
- Dr Jitendra Singh said that under Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Government is taking a number of steps to promote scientific temper among the masses, particularly youngsters, by strengthening scientific research and innovation efforts in the country.
- He said, this is a pan India Scheme that envisages Star College in every district of the country supported by the Department of Biotechnology.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Books and Authors