Daily Current Affairs May 31
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 31. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 31| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 31
1. World No Tobacco Day is observed on?
A) May 31
B) May 27
C) May 30
D) May 26
E) May 28
Answer: A) May 31
- World No Tobacco Day is observed on May 31 to raise awareness about the damage caused by consuming tobacco.
- The WHO member countries agreed to observe World No-Tobacco Day on May 31 in 1987.
- “Protect the Environment”.
2. ‘Yoga for Humanity’ is theme for ___ International Day of Yoga?
Answer: E) 8th
- The Ministry of Ayush had chosen “Yoga for Humanity” as the theme of the eighth International Day of Yoga (IDY) to be organised in India and across the globe on June 21.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 31
3. M Sreeshankar secured ___ gold in Greece?
Answer: C) 2
- Tokyo Olympian MuraliSreeshankar clinched his second gold medal of the season with a jump of 7.95m at the Venizeleia-Chania 2022 athletics meet in Chania, Greece.
- The 23-year-old from Kerala, who holds the national record of 8.36m set last month, finished ahead of Frenchmen Jules Pommery and ErwanKonate, who secured the silver and bronze medals with jumps of 7.73m and 7.71m respectively.
- Sreeshankar had won the gold at the 12th International Jumping Meeting in Kallithea, Greece with an effort of 8.31m.
- He had logged 8.14m and 8.17m at the season-opening Indian Open Jumps Competitions in Thiruvananthapuram before breaking his own national record at the Federation Cup in Kozhikode.
- Sreeshankar has already qualified for the World Athletics Championships 2022 with a national record jump of 8.36m in April.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 31
4. RBI report said how many pieces of fake Rs 500 notes detected in FY22?
Answer: B) 79,669
- The number of fake currency notes of Rs 500 denomination detected by the banking system more than doubled to 79,669 pieces in fiscal 2021-22 over the previous year, according to the RBI annual report.
- The number of counterfeit notes of Rs 2,000 denomination detected in the system was 13,604 pieces during 2021-22, up 54.6 percent from the preceding financial year.
- After declining in 2020-21, the total number of Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICNs) of all denominations detected in the banking sector increased to 2,30,971 pieces from 2,08,625 pieces in the previous fiscal.
- During 2019-29, the FICNs detected stood at 296695 pieces.
- Compared to the previous year, there was an increase of 16.4 percent, 16.5 percent, 11.7 percent, 101.9 percent, and 54.6 percent in the counterfeit notes detected in the denominations of Rs 10, Rs 20, Rs 200, Rs 500 (new design) and Rs 2,000, respectively.
- The counterfeit notes detected in the denominations of Rs 50 and Rs 100 declined by 28.7 percent and 16.7 percent, respectively.
- During 2021-22, out of the total FICNs detected in the banking sector, 6.9 percent were detected at the Reserve Bank and 93.1 percent at other banks, the report said.
- One of the major objectives of the 2016 demonetization of the then prevailing Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes was to curb the circulation of fake currency notes.
- The report also said the total expenditure incurred on security printing from April 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022, was Rs 4,984.8 crore as against Rs 4,012.1 crore in the previous year (July 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021).
- Also, the disposal of soiled banknotes increased by 88.4 percent to 1,878.01 crore pieces during 2021-22 from 997.02 crore pieces in the previous year.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 31
5. Irdai set up committees through GIC to suggest industry overhaul,hq of IRDAI?
A) New Delhi
Answer: D) Hyderabad
- To overhaul the insurance sector, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) has formed various committees through the General Insurance Council (GIC) to suggest reforms in several areas of general, reinsurance and life insurance such as regulation, product, distribute, among others.
- These panels include heads of private and public sector insurance companies, members of Irdai and representatives from the GIC.
- GIC was formed by Irdai to act as a link between the insurance regulator and the non-life insurance industry.
6. Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC collaborates with BentallGreenOak,hq of BentallGreenOak?
C) New York
E) Washington DC
Answer: C) New York
- Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC announced its collaboration with BentallGreenOak, a global real estate investment management advisor that is part of the alternatives asset management business of SLC Management, to form a structured credit investment vehicle.
- The investment vehicle will target structured debt investments in post-approval real estate projects primarily in tier 1 metropolitan locations, the asset management company.
- The collaboration brings together two investment managers with significant individual research, underwriting and asset management capabilities, and extensive track records in both the domestic and international markets.
- As part of the collaboration, Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC will rely on the advice from BentallGreenOak while recommending investment opportunities to the investment committee.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs May 31
7. SBI sold how many crore KSK Mahanadi loan to Aditya Birla ARC?
A) Rs 3,815
B) Rs 3,851
C) Rs 3,518
D) Rs 3,581
E) Rs 3,185
Answer: A) Rs 3,815
- State Bank of India is set to sell its ₹3,815 crore outstanding loan from KSK Mahanadi Power to Aditya Birla Asset Reconstruction Company, which will help the bank shore up its earnings for the June quarter, said two people aware of the plan.
- The bank declared Aditya Birla ARC’s bid of ₹1,544 crore as the highest at an auction.
- This will be the single biggest distressed loan sale on an upfront payment basis by any bank, equating to a recovery of 40%.
- So far, most big-ticket distressed loan sales were structured deals involving part payment in the form of security receipts that would be redeemed upon recovery from defaulting borrowers.
8. CCI nod to Brookfield’s stake buy in JPFL Films under green route how many percent stake?
Answer: E) 25%
- The competition commission of India on Monday approved purchase of stake in JPFL Films Pvt Ltd by UAE-based Project Holdings Fourteen (DIFC) Ltd an affiliate of Brookfield Asset Management under a green channel route.
- Under the green channel route, a deal which does not raise any risk of an appreciable adverse effect on market competition is deemed to be approved on it being intimated to the competition watchdog.
- In March, JPFL signed a pact with Brookfield Asset Management to sell a 25 per cent stake in its packaging films business that will be hived off as a separate unit as part of the Rs 2,000-crore transaction.
- The transaction will result in JPFL carving out the packaging films business into a wholly-owned subsidiary, in which Brookfield will hold a minority stake.
- The proposed investment, which values the hived-off entity at Rs 8,000 crore, will be carried out through Brookfield’s Special Investments programme and with its institutional partners Brookfield and Jindal Poly Films.
9. Power Grid Corporation acquired MTL for over how many crores?
A) Rs 15
B) Rs 9
C) Rs 5
D) Rs 10
E) Rs 7
Answer: B) Rs 9
- State-owned Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) has acquired Mohanlalganj Transmission Limited in Uttar Pradesh for over Rs 9 crore.
- Incorporate in June 2021, Mohanlalganj Transmission Limited (MTL) is the project SPV (special purpose vehicle) to establish an intra-state transmission system, PGCIL.
- The entity was acquired for an aggregate value of about Rs 9.11 crore, including 10,000 equity shares along with assets and liabilities of the company as of the acquisition date.
- MTL is engaged in the business of power transmission.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs May 31
10. HarperCollins is proud to announced Chronicles of the Lost Daughters by DebaratiMukhopadhyay translated by Arunava Sinha____ version of the novel Narach?
Answer: D) Bengali
- Book – Chronicles of the Lost Daughters (Translated version of Bengali novel Narach)
- Author – DebaratiMukhopadhyay
- Translated By – Arunava Sinha
- Publisher – HarperCollins
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 31
11. Dr Swati Dhingra appointed to Bank of England’s monetary panel,she belongs to which country?
Answer: A) India
- Leading UK-based academic Dr Swati Dhingra has been named as the first Indian-origin woman to be appointed as an external member of the Bank of England’s interest rate-setting committee.
- Dhingra is an Associate Professor of Economics at the London School of Economics (LSE) having specialisation in international economics and applied microeconomics.
12. NARCL appointed Natarajan Sundar as CEO he previously worked in which bank?
A) Axis Bank
B) Bank of India
D) Bank of Baroda
E) Canara Bank
Answer: C) SBI
- National Assets Reconstruction Company Ltd (NARCL) Natarajan Sundar has assumed the charge of MD and CEO of the Rs 6,000-crore bad bank.
- In addition, the company led by Canara Bank said that two independent directors Karnam Sekar and Malvika Sinha have also joined the board.
- Prior to this, Sundar was deputy managing director and chief credit officer of SBI.
- He retired on April 30, 2022.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 31
13. Which of the following bank and UAE signed free trade deal, first with an Arab country?
B) Saudi Arabia
Answer: E) Israel
- Israel and the United Arab Emirates signed a free trade agreement, the first of its kind that Israel has concluded with an Arab country.
- The UAE agreed to normalize relations with Israel in a US-brokered deal in 2020, the first of the so-called Abraham Accords that Israel eventually concluded with four Arab nations.
- Since then, the two countries have boosted cooperation in several economic sectors.
- Dorian Barak, president of the UAE-Israel Business Council, predicted that bilateral trade would exceed $2 billion this year, rising to $5 billion in the next five.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 31
14. DGCA imposedhow many lakh fine on SpiceJet for training pilots on faulty simulator?
Answer: B) 10
- The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has imposed Rs 10 lakh fine on SpiceJet for training 737 Max aircraft’s pilots on a faulty simulator.
- A senior DGCA official informed that during simulator surveillance by DGCA at CSTPL Greater Noida on 30th Mar’22, it was observed that there was an MMI (Missing Malfunction Inoperative Item) for the B737 Max with respect to the Stick shaker on the P2 side, being inoperative since 17th March 2022.
15. PMEGP extended till FY26 with how many crore outlay?
A) Rs 13,554
B) Rs 13,454
C) Rs 13,455
D) Rs 13,554
E) Rs 13,545
Answer: D) Rs 13,554
- The Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme has been approved for continuation till the financial year 2025-26 with the total outlay of Rs 13,554.42 crore.
- The scheme will create sustainable employment opportunities for about 40 lakh persons in five financial years, the ministry of micro, small and medium enterprises.
- The extension of the scheme is over the 15th Finance Commission Cycle for five years from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- PMEGP seeks to facilitate generation of employment opportunities for youth across the country by assisting them in setting up of micro enterprises in non-farm sectors.
- Along with the extension of the time frame, some major modifications have been made in the existing scheme. These include increase in the maximum project cost from existing Rs 25 lakh to Rs 50 lakh for manufacturing units and from existing Rs 10 lakh to Rs 20 lakh for service units.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Books and Authors