Daily Current Affairs May 30
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 30. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 30| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 30
1. World Menstrual Hygiene Day is observed on?
A) May 30
B) May 29
C) May 28
D) May 26
E) May 27
Answer: C) May 28
- Menstrual Hygiene Day (MH Day) is observed on May 28 each year, coinciding with the International Day of Action for Women’s Health 2022, across the world.
- The Menstrual Hygiene Day was first created in 2013 by the German non-profit WASH United.
- It was globally celebrated in 2014 and has grown since then.
- “To create a world where no women or girl is held back because they menstruate, by 2030”.
2. World Hunger Day was first observed on?
Answer: A) 2011
- World Hunger Day is observed globally every year on May 28.
- World Hunger Day was first marked on May 28, 2011, by The Hunger Project, a non-profit organisation dedicated to solving world hunger that was started in 1977.
- ‘Youth Ending Hunger’.
3. International Day of Action for Women’s Health is observed on?
A) May 30
B) May 29
C) May 27
D) May 26
E) May 28
Answer: E) May 28
- Every year, 28 May is marked as the International Day of Action for Women’s Health.
- The day aims to draw attention to issues related to women’s health and overall well-being.
- International Day of Action for Women’s Health is also known as International Women’s Health Day and is celebrated by women and health groups across the world.
- The day first came into existence in 1987 during a reunion of the members of Women’s Global Network for Reproductive Rights (WGNRR) in Costa Rica and it has been celebrated since then annually.
- Soon after, the South African government also recognised the day.
- ‘Resist and Persist’
4. International Day of UN Peacekeepers is observed on?
A) May 30
B) May 29
C) May 28
D) May 26
E) May 27
Answer: B) May 29
- The International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers is celebrated on 29 May annually for paying tribute to the contributions of uniformed and civilian personnel to the organisation’s work.
- The day aims to honour nearly 4,200 peacekeepers who had lost their lives serving under the UN flag since 1948.
- This includes 135 personnel who lost their lives last year.
- The first UN peacekeeping mission called the ‘United Nations Truce Supervision Organization’ or UNTSO began operations in Palestine on 29 May 1948.
- The decision to observe this day was taken by the General Assembly in its resolution 57/129.
- “People Peace Progress: The Power of Partnerships”.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 30
5. Perez won which grand Prix?
A) BritishGrand Prix
B) FrenchGrand Prix
C) ItalianGrand Prix
D) Monaco Grand Prix
E) Dutch Grand Prix
Answer: D) Monaco Grand Prix
- Sergio Perez rebounded from Red Bull team orders that denied him a chance to race for the win one week ago to pick up his first Formula One victory of the season in the rain-marred Monaco Grand Prix.
- Perez earned his third career F1 victory after a questionable strategy call by Ferrari cost pole-sitter Charles Leclerc a win on his home circuit.
- Although Leclerc finished the race for the first time in four tries, he finished fourth and allowed reigning world champion Max Verstappen to extend his lead in the point standings.
- Carlos Sainz Jr. finished second for Ferrari and Verstappen was third for Red Bull.
- Verstappen now leads Leclerc by nine points in the standings; Leclerc has two wins this season, Verstappen and Perez have combined for five victories as Red Bull and Ferrari have claimed all seven races.
6. Gujarat Titans won ___ IPL title?
Answer: A) 15th
- Gujarat Titans won the Indian Premier League title in their maiden season as they beat Rajasthan Royals by seven wickets in the final.
- This year IPL is 15thSeason.
7. Which of the following state team crowned Champions of 12th HI Junior Men National C’ship?
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh Hockey successfully defended their Crown with a win over Hockey Chandigarh in the final of the 12th Hockey India Junior Men National Championship 2022 in Kovilpatti.
- Hockey Haryana claimed third place in the competition with a win against Hockey Association of Odisha in the 3rd/4th place match.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 30
8. Which motor company tied up with Cholamandalam to offer retail finance?
E) Hero Electric
Answer: E) Hero Electric
- Hero Electric has joined hands with Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company to offer retail finance for electric two-wheelers.
- The partnership will enable the company to cater to newer markets with Chola’s widespread presence across the country, the electric two-wheeler maker.
- The association will allow penetration to newer untapped markets and easy accessibility at the best rates and minimum documentation.
- The partnership will also give the entity a strong foothold in the EV financing space, with 1,145 branches spread across urban, semi-urban and rural markets.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 30
9. Which of the following country to build world’s largest petroleum research centre?
D) Saudi Arabia
Answer: B) Kuwait
- Kuwait plans to start building the world’s largest petroleum research centre by the end of the year, the oil ministry.
- The Middle East Economic Digest said the project had stalled because of budget pressure, estimating its cost at $120 million.
- The centre, to be built in al-Ahmadi, south of Kuwait City, will have 28 laboratories.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 30
10. How many crores to be released as 11th instalment of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi on May 31?
A) Rs 25000
B) Rs 24000
C) Rs 23000
D) Rs 21000
E) Rs 22000
Answer: D) Rs 21000
- PM to interact with beneficiaries of 16-odd schemes under nine ministries.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the 11th instalment of the PM KisanSamman Nidhi, amounting to nearly Rs 21,000 crore on May 31.
- The amount is to be released at the GaribKalyanSammelan event.
11. Paradip Port to be developed into world-class port at cost of how many crores?
A) Rs 3000
B) Rs 6000
C) Rs 2000
D) Rs 5000
E) Rs 4000
Answer: A) Rs 3000
- As the Centre has been laying emphasis on the development of eastern states, Paradip Port in Odisha will be developed into a world-class modern port which will have the capability to handle capesize vessels at a cost of Rs 3,004.63 crore.
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways aims for robust investor confidence by underpinning a strong vision and leadership from long term strategic infrastructure plan including a pipeline of investable projects that are economically, socially and environmentally sustainable and practically deliverable.
- The project involves deepening and optimization of inner harbour facilities including the development of the western dock on the build, operate and transfer (BOT) basis under Public-Private Partnership (PPP) mode at Paradip Port.
- This includes the development of the new Western Dock on a BOT basis and capital dredging by the selected concessionaire at a cost of Rs 2,040 crore and Rs 352.13 crore respectively, and Paradip Port’s investment will be to the tune of Rs 612.50 crore towards providing Common Supporting Project Infrastructure.
12. Which of the following state CM launched health and wellness app AAYU?
A) Andra Pradesh
Answer: C) Karnataka
- Karnataka Chief Minister BasavarajBommai launched a new health and wellness app AAYU to address and help heal chronic diseases and lifestyle disorders through yoga and meditation.
- The app has been developed by Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA) in partnership with RESET TECH, an AI-driven integrated health-tech platform.
- The app is available in multiple languages and aims to reach and impact over five million chronic disease patients within a span of five years.
13. Who among the following released benefits under PM CARES for Children Scheme?
A) Nirmala Sitharaman
C) Amit Shah
D) Mansukh Mandaviya
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: E) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released benefits under the PM CARES for children scheme via video conferencing.
- The Prime Minister transferred scholarships to school-going children.
- A passbook of PM CARES for Children, and a health card under Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana have been handed over to the children during the programme.
14. L&T bagged order for ____ Metro Rail Project?
E) New Delhi
Answer: B) Chennai
- Infrastructure major Larsen and Toubro (L&T) has received another significant contract order for Chennai Metro Rail Project.
- According to the company’s project classification, the value of a significant order ranges between Rs 1,000 crore to Rs 2,500 crore.
- The scope of the order involves the construction of an elevated viaduct of approximately 10 km, including an elevated ramp and 10 elevated metro stations at Nehru Nagar, Kandanchavadi, Perungudi, Thoraipakkam, Mettukuppam, PTC colony, Okkiyampet, Karapakkam, OkkiyamThoraipakkam and Sholinganallur.
- This elevated metro rail package is to be constructed in 35 months.
- L&T is already executing four packages of CMRL Phase II, of which one is underground and the other three are elevated packages.
- L&T had earlier executed metro rail projects for CMRL in Phase I.
15. Which state will observe July 15 as National War Memorial Day to mark first rebellion against Portuguese rule?
A) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Goa
- Goa will pay respects to martyrs at the National War Memorial in Delhi on July 15 every year, to mark the first liberation struggle against the Portuguese rule in the coastal state.
- Goa has decided to observe July 15 as the day to mark the Cuncolim revolt, which was the first rebellion against the then Portuguese government in 1583.
- The revolt had taken place at Cuncolim village in South Goa district.
- Five Jesuit priests along with a Portuguese civilian and 14 Goans were killed in the incident.
- The local Portuguese garrison had retaliated by executing the village chieftains involved in the revolt.
- The villagers have constructed a memorial in the name of the killed chieftains.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance