Daily Current Affairs June 01
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 01. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 01| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 01
1. World Milk Day is observed on which date?
A) June 7
B) June 5
C) June 4
D) June 2
E) June 1
Answer: E) June 1
- World Milk Day was established by the (FAO) Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN 22 years ago.
- It is celebrated to recognize the importance of milk as a global food.
- Milk is an important part of a healthy, balanced diet for each individual and the annual World Milk Day provides the perfect opportunity to spread the word.
- In the last few years, India has also become one of the largest producers of milk in the world with over 150 million tones of production and per capita availability of over 300 grams per day.
- On this day, the benefits that intake of milk and dairy products provide for people are actively promoted around the world, including how dairy supports the livelihoods of over one billion people.
- The theme for World Milk Day 2022 will focus will be to drawing attention to the climate change crisis and how the dairy industry can lessen its environmental impact.
- The day is being celebrated to promote the health benefits of milk and dairy products.
- In 2001, World Milk Day was introduced by the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations to recognize the importance of milk as a global food, and to celebrate the dairy sector, every year on 1 June.
2. Global Day of Parents 2022:
- Global Parents Day is celebrated every year on June 1 to provide an opportunity for each one to appreciate their parents for their selfless efforts towards their children’s well-being and proper development.
- The day is observed all around the world to remind children to pamper their parents, offer them due respect and recognize their efforts.
- As we celebrate this day today, let’s have a look at the History, Theme, and Significance of the day.
- We also bring to you sweet wishes, quotes and WhatsApp greetings that you can share with your parents.
- President Bill Clinton of the United States signed a Congressional Resolution into law in 1994 to support, boost, and identify the importance of parents in the nurturing of children.
- As a result of this resolution, the fourth Sunday of July each year has been designated as a holiday for parents.
- The United Nations declared June 1 of each year as Global Day of Parents in 2012.
- In many parts of the world, Parents Day is observed on various different dates.
- While in the United States, the day is observed on the fourth Sunday of July, in South Korea the day is celebrated on May 8 every year.
- The theme for this year Global Day of Parents is Appreciate All Parents Throughout the World.
3. International Everest Day 2022:
- International Everest Day is celebrated every year on 29 May.
- This day celebrates the first summit of Mount Everest by New Zealand’s Sir Edmund Hillary and Nepal’s Tenzing Norgay Sherpa.
- The duo climbed Mount Everest on this day in 1953.
- Tenzing Norgay’s exact birth date is not known but it is believed that he was born in May 1914.
- After the duo climbed Everest, Norgey decided to celebrate his birthday on 29 May thereafter.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 01
4. Indian para-athlete Vinod Kumar banned for how many years for ‘misrepresenting abilities’?
Answer: E) 2
- Indian para-athlete Vinod Kumar has been banned for two years for intentionally misrepresenting his abilities in classification at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics, World Para Athletics said.
- The Board of Appeal of Classification (BAC), an independent body, said the 41-year-old will be ineligible to compete in para athletics competition until August 2023.
- Kumar had finished third in a discus event at Tokyo but the result was challenged by fellow competitors and his throw was declared void, according to media reports.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs June 01
4. Jim Parks passed away. He was related to which sports?
- Former Sussex and England wicketkeeper-batter Jim Parks, the oldest living Test cricketer in his country, has died at the age of 90.
- According to Sussex Cricket, Parks died while receiving treatment at the hospital after a fall at his home last week.
- He made his debut for Sussex in 1949 at the age of 18, marking the start of a successful career in which he played a total of a massive 739 first-class matches and 132 List A games.
- An all-round cricketer in every sense, Parks started his career as a skilful leg-break bowler before turning into a wicket-keeper batsman of the highest order, representing England in 46 test matches for England and scoring over 36,000 first-class runs.
Indian singer KK dies after falling ill during concert:
Indian singer Krishnakumar Kunnath, better known as KK, died after falling ill in the middle of a concert, local media reported.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 01
5. Which insurance unveiled its new health insurance vertical to broaden the access of quality and affordable healthcare across India?
A) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
B) Aegon Life Insurance
C) SBI General Insurance
D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
E) None of these
Answer: C) SBI General Insurance
- SBI General Insurance launched its health vertical with an eye to becoming among the top general insurers in health insurance over the next three years.
- The insurer plans to manage in-house servicing of all health insurance claims through the vertical.
- To further its focus on health insurance, SBI General Insurance has partnered with Apollo 24/7 to offer access to various services offered by Apollo 24/7 to its customers.
6. Which insurance has launched ‘Health Add-ons’, a range of six unique add-on covers that can be added to the existing indemnity plans?
A) Aditya Birla Health Insurance
B) Aegon Life Insurance
C) SBI General Insurance
D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
E) None of these
Answer: A) Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co. Ltd.. (ABHICL), a subsidiary of Aditya Birla Capital Limited, has launched ‘Health Add-ons’, a range of six unique add-on covers that can be added to the existing indemnity plans.
- These add-ons can be used with existing plans of Activ Health, Activ Assure, and Activ Care, the company said in a press statement.
- In recent times, investing in health insurance has become an important part of financial planning
- The six new add-ons are: Future Secure, Cancer Hospitalisation Booster, Vaccine Cover, Personal Accident, reduction in PED waiting period and Tele-OPD Consultation.
- The key features of these products include:
1. Future Secure Add-On:
- Non-Medical Expense waiver – The rider covers the cost of non-medical Items during hospitalization arising out of illness or injury during the policy period.
- Sum Insured Inflation protection – Helps with the additional increase in the sum insured of the base policy based on inflation rate in the previous calendar year as an inflation protector
- No Claim Bonus Protector – Ensures no impact or reduction on ‘Any No Claim Bonus’ accrued at renewals, if total claims paid in the previous policy year of the base policy does not exceed the 25% of the sum insured of the base policy.
2. Cancer Hospitalization Booster:
- Customer will get up to 100% additional sum insured of the base policy towards medical expenses incurred for hospitalization in case of “Cancer of Specified Severity”.
- It also covers pre- and post-hospitalisation expenses up to the sum insured of the base policy on reimbursement basis.
3. Vaccine Cover:
- Customer will be able to get vaccination cover for protection against any diseases which are declared as pandemic or epidemic by World Health Organization (WHO) or Central Government or State Government.
4. Personal Accident:
- Claims in case of accidental death and permanent total disability (100 % of the sum insured) and a portion of the sum insured in case of permanent partial disability, if the said event occurs within 12 months of the accident.
- It also offers a cumulative bonus of 5% per claim free year, up to maximum 50% of Sum Insured.
5. Reduction in PED waiting period:
- If this Add-on cover is opted at the inception of the first policy with the insurer and they have accepted the same, then it will reduce the applicable pre-existing disease waiting period for claims related to pre-existing diseases to the period as opted and specified in the policy schedule/product benefit table.
Option 1 : 4 Yrs to 2 Yrs
Option 2 : 4 Yrs to 1 Yr
Option 3 : 3 Yrs to 2 Yrs
Option 4 : 3 Yrs to 1 Yr
6. Tele – OPD Consultation:
- Medically necessary consultations / e- consultation and/or tele consultation will be provided from medical practitioners within network provider’s network on out-patient basis pertaining to an illness, injury contracted or sustained during the policy period.
- Available at very affordable premiums, customers can choose one or multiple add-on covers by paying additional premium.
- Same add-on covers are allowed with multiple base policies, subject to underwriting.
- However, Health Add-ons cannot be purchased in isolation or as a separate product, the company added.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs June 01
7. Which company and Thaicom have signed a memorandum of understanding to form a strategic partnership to enter the broadband-over-satellite market and related services in India?
Answer: E) Nxtdigital
- Hinduja group firm Nxtdigital and Thaicom have signed a memorandum of understanding to form a strategic partnership to enter the broadband-over-satellite market and related services in India.
- The agreement envisages a partnership that includes deployment of broadband-over-satellite (BoS) systems on India-focused capacity.
- The BoS systems could be enhanced to provide additional capacity on a software-defined high throughput satellite, augmenting the existing IPSTAR-1 — the first broadband satellite in the world which has been operational over India for the past several years.
- The pact includes a discussion on possible partnership in broadband subsidiary of NDL — OneOTT Intertainment Limited (OIL) — which is India’s fourth largest private internet service provider with over 1 million customers and a presence in over 150 cities and towns, according to a joint statement by the two companies.
- The details of partnership elements are being discussed and will be documented in definitive agreements between Thaicom and NDL, the statement said.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 01
8. Who has been appointed as the Director General, National Informatics Centre (NIC)?
A) Ravi Gera
B) Raj Gera
C) Reena Gera
D) Ragu Gera
E) Rajesh Gera
Answer: E) Rajesh Gera
- Senior scientist Rajesh Gera has been appointed as the Director General, National Informatics Centre (NIC), a Personnel Ministry order issued on Tuesday said.
- Gera is currently Deputy Director General in the NIC.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved appointment of Gera, Scientist ‘G’, to the post of Director General, NIC, it said.
- The NIC, under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), was established in 1976 with the objective to provide technology-driven solutions to central and state governments.
- In another order, Kimbuong Kipgen has been appointed as Secretary, Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) post-retirement on contractual basis for one year.
- The ACC has approved re-employment of Kipgen, a Central Secretariat Service (CSS) officer, as Secretary, PESB, post retirement (on 31.05.2022) for a period of one year i.e., up to 31.05.2023, the order said.
- The central deputation tenure of Lav Agarwal, Joint Secretary, Department of Health & Family Welfare has been extended for a period up to 28.08.2023 or until further orders, the Personnel Ministry said.
- Agarwal is a 1996 batch IAS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre.
9. Natarajan Sundar is appointed as managing director and chief executive officer of ____?
Answer: A) NARCL
- The National Assets Reconstruction Company Ltd (NARCL) said it on-boarded former State Bank of India (SBI) official Natarajan Sundar as its managing director and chief executive on 30 May.
- Sundar was an SBI employee for over 37 years and retired on 30 April as deputy managing director and the bank’s chief credit officer.
- He has experience in corporate banking policies and products, and had a fairly long stint in SBI’s mid, large corporate group as well as in project finance.
- The statement said Sundar was selected through a competitive selection process through an open advertisement and was interviewed in April by a panel consisting of senior bankers from both public and private sector.
- NARCL has also appointed KarnamSekar as an independent director and non-executive chairman of the board.
- Sekar was the chief executive of Indian Overseas Bank from July 2019 to June 2020, prior to which he was the head of Dena Bank from September 2018 until its merger in April 2019.
- Sekar was a deputy managing director and the chief credit officer of SBI before he moved to erstwhile Dena Bank.
- As per the statement, NARCL has also appointed Malvika Sinha, retired executive director of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), as an independent director.
- That apart, the NARCL board now has five nominee directors from shareholder banks and one more independent director is expected to join the board shortly.
- NARCL’s shareholders include 15 Indian banks, with Canara Bank acting as the sponsor bank.
Center appoints DFS Joint Secretary Pankaj Sharma as a PFRDA part-time member:
- The Center has appointed Pankaj Sharma, Joint Secretary in the Department of Financial Services (DFS) as a part-time member of the Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority (PFRDA).
- In the PFRDA Board, Sharma has come in the place of erstwhile DFS Additional Secretary VanditaKaul, who was repatriated to her parent cadre in March this year, sources said.
- Pension regulator PFRDA has a Chairman besides three full-time members and three part-time members (only two are filled up posts).
- Anne George Matthew, Additional Secretary in Finance Ministry is the other part-time member in PFRDA Board.
- Of the three full-time members, the posts of two members – Law and Economics— are falling vacant on May 31.
- The Finance Ministry has already invited applications for these two posts.
- India’s pension assets under management (AUM) are growing at a robust pace of about 27-30 per cent Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) and are expected to touch ₹ 30 lakh crore by 2030.
In 2021-22, Pension AUM grew a robust 27.43 per cent at ₹ 7.37 lakh crore as against ₹ 5.78 lakh crore in 2020-21.
- Meanwhile, the Center has appointed Suchindra Mishra, Additional Secretary in the Department of Financial Services as a member of the Board of International Financial Services Authority (IFSCA).
- It has also appointed ShashankSaxena, Senior Economic Advisor in the Department of Economic Affairs as a member in IFSCA, which is currently the Gift City regulator.
10. Vandita Sharma takes charge as chief secretary of which state?
- 1986-batch IAS officer Vandita Sharma took charge as the 39th Chief Secretary of Karnataka.
- She replaces P Ravi Kumar, who retired from service.
- Vandita is the fourth woman chief secretary after Teresa Bhattacharya (2000), Malathi Das (2006) and K RatnaPrabha (2017).
- Vandita’s tenure will last 18 months till November 30, 2023.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs June 01
11. Which state government project was recognised by the United Nation’s World Summit on the Information Society Forum 2022?
- A Meghalaya government’s initiative to swiftly implement various development projects has got international recognition with a Geneva-based organisation honouring state Chief Minister Conrad Sangma for the project.
- The Meghalaya Enterprise Architecture (MeghEA) project, being implemented by the planning department of the Meghalaya government, was recognised by the United Nation’s World Summit on the Information Society Forum 2022, a press release said.
- The MeghEA was adjudged the best project in the category of ‘the role of governments in the promotion of ICTs for development’.
- Chief Minister Sangma received the honour at an event held in Geneva.
- The project has several components such as ‘government to citizen or business services’, ‘government to employee services’ and ‘government to government services.
- The e-proposal system, part of the government-to-government component, enables faster processing and tracking of schemes.
- The system transforms the entire administrative approvals and sanctions of citizens’ schemes through the use of modern technology.
- It integrates multiple departments, directorates and other government agencies, the release said.
- In merely two months, close to 1,600 proposals have been submitted through this e-Proposal system and an amount of Rs 790 crores have been sanctioned.
- The transformation has led to processing in days which used to take months in the previous process.
12. President Kovind confers ____ Kirti Chakra and ____ Shaurya Chakras?
A) 1, 10
B) 11, 14
C) 41, 14
D) 1, 27
Answer: E)1, 14
- President Shri Ram NathKovind, who is the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, conferred one Kirti Chakra (Posthumous) and 14 Shaurya Chakras, including eight posthumous, to the personnel of the Armed Forces, Central Armed Police Forces and State/Union Territory Police during Defence Investiture Ceremony (Phase-2) at RashtrapatiBhawan, New Delhi on May 31, 2022.
- The Gallantry awards were given to the personnel for displaying conspicuous gallantry, indomitable courage and extreme devotion to duty.
- The President also conferred 13 ParamVishishtSeva Medals and 29 AtiVishishtSeva Medals for distinguished service of exceptional order.
13. 75th edition of the Locarno Film Festival held in ___?
- Filmmaker Gitanjali Rao is set to be honoured with an award during the 75th edition of the Locarno Film Festival, the organisers announced.
- The 50-year-old filmmaker will receive the Locarno Kids Award la Mobiliare, the award dedicated to personalities capable of conveying the love of cinema to younger viewers, during the film gala, which is held every year in Locarno, Switzerland.
- Rao will be presented with the award during a ceremony on August 8 at Locarno’s Piazza Grande, followed by the screening of her animated short film ”Printed Rainbow”, the organisers said in a statement posted on the festival’s official website.
- The 2022 Locarno Film Festival will run from August 3 to 13 this year.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs June 01
14. India’s communication satellite ______ will be launched by Arianespace from Kourou in French Guiana on June 22?
Answer: C) GSAT-24
- India’s communication satellite GSAT-24 will be launched byArianespace from Kourou in French Guiana on June 22, the Indian Space Research Organisation said in a mission status update.
- ”NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), a Govt. of India company under Department of Space (DoS), is undertaking GSAT-24 satellite mission as its 1st Demand Driven mission post space reforms”, the Bengaluru-headquartered space agency said.
- GSAT-24 is a 24-Ku band communication satellite weighing 4180 kg with pan-India coverage for meeting DTH application needs. NSIL has leased the entire satellite capacity to Tata Play, an ISRO statement said.
- GSAT-24 satellite, after completing assembly, integration and environmental test, was cleared by PSR (Pre-Shipment Review) committee on May 2.
- The satellite and its allied equipment were shipped to Kourou, French Guiana on May 18 using C-17 Globemaster aircraft.
- As part of launch campaign activities, the satellite is presently undergoing health/ performance checks at clean room facilities in French Guiana, it was stated.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 01
15. Passenger train connectivity between India and which country took a step forward with the railway ministers of the two countries virtually flagging off New Jalpaiguri-Dhaka Mitali Express?
Answer: B) Bangladesh
- Passenger train connectivity between India and Bangladesh took a step forward with the railway ministers of the two countries virtually flagging off New Jalpaiguri-Dhaka Mitali Express , an official of Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) said.
- The train made its inaugural run from New Jalpaiguri Railway Station in West Bengal.
- The two countries already operate Maitree and Bandhan express trains connecting Kolkata with Dhaka and Khulna respectively.
- The bi-weekly service will run as a day train from New Jalpaiguri starting at 11.45 am IST on Sundays and Wednesdays, while it will be an overnight service from Dhaka commencing journey from there at 9.15 pm Bangladesh Standard Time on Mondays and Thursdays, he said.
- The fully air-conditioned train consists of four chair cars and four sleeper coaches, De said.
- The train will cover a distance of 595 km between NJP and Dhaka with 69 km of track length being in India and the rest in the neighbouring country.
- Apart from two technical stops at Haldibari, the last station on the route on the Indian side, and at Chilahati, the first station on the Bangladesh side, Mitali Express will have no stoppages in between.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 01
16. GST revenues bucked the two-month rising trend in May and stood at nearly ______?
A) Rs 1.21 lakh crore
B) Rs 1.31 lakh crore
C) Rs 1.41 lakh crore
D) Rs 1.51 lakh crore
E) Rs 1.71 lakh crore
Answer: C) Rs 1.41 lakh crore
- GST revenues bucked the two-month rising trend in May and stood at nearly Rs 1.41 lakh crore, registering a year-on-year increase of 44 percent.
- Although the May Goods and Services Tax (GST) revenues came in lower than the record high collection in April at Rs 1.68 lakh crore and Rs 1.42 lakh crore in March, it is still the fourth-highest collection since the rollout of the new indirect tax regime on July 1, 2017.
- In February, revenues from taxing the sale of goods and services were at Rs 1.33 lakh crore, while in January it was Rs 1,40,986 crore.
- ”The gross GST revenue collected in the month of May 2022 is Rs 1,40,885 crore of which CGST is Rs 25,036 crore, SGST is Rs 32,001 crore, IGST is Rs 73,345 crore (including Rs 37,469 crore collected on import of goods) and cess is Rs 10,502 crore (including Rs 931 crore collected on import of goods),” the Finance Ministry said in a statement.
- The revenues for the month of May 2022 are 44 percent higher than the GST revenues in the same month last year at Rs 97,821 crore.
- This is the fourth time that the monthly GST collection has crossed the Rs 1.40 lakh crore mark since the inception of GST and the third straight month since March 2022.
UPI crosses ₹10-lakh crore payment mark in May 2022:
- Reflecting its growing popularity and adoption, the value of transactions on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) crossed a new milestone of ₹10-lakh crore in May 2022.
- As many as 595 crore transactions worth ₹10.41-lakh crore were processed on the UPI platform in May this year from 558 crore payments of ₹9.83-lakh crore in April 2022, according to data released by the National Payments Corporation of India.
- It is expected that the volume of transaction will cross the 600 crore mark this month.
- UPI transactions had crossed the ₹1-lakh crore mark in December 2018 and after a dip in April 2020, the volume and value of payments on the platform have been steadily on the rise.
- NPCI has set a target of 100 crore transactions on UPI per day over the next three to five years.
- Digital payments, especially the use of UPI, gained significant traction during the pandemic that led to social distancing.
- UPI payment options are now being extended to feature phones as well.
17. Which state gets first virtual court for traffic e-challan cases?
- The first virtual court for traffic e-challan cases in Tripura was inaugurated by the Chief Justice of the High Court of Tripura .
- Justice S Talapatra, Justice T AmarnathGoud, Justice ArindamLodh, Justice SG Chottapadhyay, and senior state government officials were present at the inaugural function.
- Justice Mohanty said e-court was introduced in the state so that litigants don’t need to come to the court for justice.
- After Guwahati, Agartala is the second city in the northeast where e-challan cases are made functional.
- In Agartala, around 7,000 to 7,500 traffic violation cases are registered with the traffic police in a month.
18. Two-day National Education Ministers’ Conference to be held in which state?
- The two-day National Education Ministers’ Conference will be held in Gujarat from June 1, informed the Ministry of Education. Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, other Union Ministers and Education Ministers of States and Union Territories will be participating in the conference.
- The National Education Ministers’ Conference will be held in Gujarat on June 1 and 2.
- The conference is expected to witness deliberations on strengthening the education ecosystem in the country with focus on implementation of National Education Policy 2020, skilling in schools and digital initiatives like NDEAR, NETF, etc.
19. The Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a contract with Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) for building Astra Mark-1 beyond visual range air-to-air missiles (BVRAAMs) worth _____ for the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Navy?
A) Rs 1,971 crore
B) Rs 2,971 crore
C) Rs 3,971 crore
D) Rs 4,971 crore
E) Rs 5,971 crore
Answer: B) Rs 2,971 crore
- The Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed a contract on Tuesday with Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) for building Astra Mark-1 beyond visual range air-to-air missiles (BVRAAMs) worth Rs 2,971 crore for the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Navy.
- The Astra Mark-1 missile, which has been developed by the Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO), can engage enemy fighter aircraft at ranges of up to 75 kilometres, the MoD told the Lok Sabha on May 6, 2016.
- With the IAF operating 600-700 fighter aircraft, it will need several thousand Astra missiles. With air-to-air missiles costing about Rs 15 crore each, the Astra will provide major business opportunities to Indian firms.
- The Astra BVRAAM involves radically different technology challenges compared to ballistic and tactical missiles.
- A typical Astra engagement has both the launcher and the target moving at speeds in excess of 1,000 kmph.
- Fired from a pylon on the wing of a Sukhoi-30MKI fighter, the Astra’s smokeless propellant quickly accelerates it to about 4,000 kmph.
- As the missile gains on the target, the Su-30MKI tracks the target continuously on its radar, and steers the missile towards it over a data link.
- About 15 km from the target, the Astra’s on-board radio seeker locks onto the target; now, it no longer needs guidance.
- When it reaches a few metres from the enemy fighter, the Astra warhead is detonated by a “radio proximity fuze”, spraying the target with shrapnel and shooting it down.
- Only a handful of missile builders — in the US, Russia, Europe and China — have mastered technologies that go into BVRAAMS. India is now joining that elite group.
- On the drawing board is a longer-range Astra Mark II, which will shoot down enemy fighters at ranges up to 100 km away.
20. Which airport introduces RFID-enabled tag to track check-in luggage?
Answer: E) Delhi
- The Delhi airport has introduced personalised baggage tag, enabled by radio frequency identification (RFID) technology, which will give passengers real-time information about when and on which belt is their check-in luggage arriving in the terminal, a statement said.
- The Delhi airport is the first Indian airport to introduce this facility, its operator GMR Group-led DIAL claimed in a statement.
- A passenger can purchase this tag at the Delhi airport, scan the QR code on it and register it on website bag.hoi.in, the statement mentioned.
- “Once the tag is registered, all a passenger has to do is to tie the tag or place it into their check-in luggage,” it noted.
- Passengers will start receiving SMS alerts with the details of baggage on their registered mobile number when their baggage arrives at the Delhi Airport, it said.
- The ‘BAGG TRAX’ tags will soon be commercially launched for flyers at the Delhi airport.
- Presently, as part of the pilot project, BAGG TRAX tags are given to select frequent flyers at Terminal 3 only, it said.
- Once commercially launched, flyers can buy it in the departure sections of any of the terminals at the Delhi airport, it noted.
- BAGG TRAX will not only help the domestic and international arrival passengers but also those in transit to track their checked-in baggage, it said.
21. What is the premium amount of PMJJBY?
A) Rs. 425
B) Rs. 435
C) Rs. 432
D) Rs. 430
E) Rs. 436
Answer: E) Rs. 436
- The government has hiked the insurance premium rates for Pradhan MantriJeevanJyotiBimaYojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha BimaYojana (PMSBY).
- The new rates will be effective from June 1, 2022. Stated a PIB press release.
- According to the release, this is the first time the premium rates have been increased since the schemes’ were launch seven years ago in 2015.
- The premium rates of both schemes have been revised, with PMJJBY being increased from Rs. 330 to Rs. 436 and PMSBY being increased from Rs. 12 to Rs. 20.
- The Pradhan MantriJeevanJyotiBimaYojana (PMJJBY) is a one-year, renewable life insurance scheme that provides death coverage.
- The PMJJBY coverage is only for death, therefore the benefit will only go to the nominee.
- PMJJBY is a pure term insurance policy with no investment component that covers solely mortality.
- The Pradhan Mantri Suraksha BimaYojana (PMSBY) is a type of personal accident insurance that protects you from death or disability as a result of an accident.
- The insurance coverage is for a year, starting on June 1 and ending on May 31.
- The scheme covers a total sum insured of Rs 2 lakh.
22. The Government of India has released an amount of ____________ to cover the entire amount of GST compensation due to states until May 31, 2022?
A) Rs. 76,912 crores
B) Rs. 66,912 crores
C) Rs. 46,912 crores
D) Rs. 26,912 crores
E) Rs. 86,912 crores
Answer: E) Rs. 86,912 crores
- The Government of India has released an amount of Rs. 86,912 crores to cover the entire amount of GST compensation due to states until May 31, 2022.
- This decision was made to aid states in managing their resources and ensuring that their programmes, particularly capital expenditures, are successfully implemented during the fiscal year.
- The Centre has decided to clear the dues till May 31 in order to ensure that their capex remains on track.
- The Centre cleared the dues despite only having Rs 25,000 crore in the compensation fund.
- The additional money has been taken out from Centre’s own kitty.
- After clearing the dues, only the June compensation remains.
- To bridge the resource gap created by the short delivery of compensation, the Centre borrowed and issued Rs.1.1 lakh crore in 2020-21 and Rs.1.59 lakh crore in 2021-22 as a back-to-back loan to cover a portion of the cess collection shortfall.
- Goods and Services Tax was introduced in the country w.e.f. 1st July, 2017 and States were assured for compensation for loss of any revenue arising on account of implementation of GST as per the provisions of the GST (Compensation to States) Act, 2017 for a period of five years.
- For providing compensation to States, Cess is being levied on certain goods and the amount of Cess collected is being credited to Compensation Fund.
- Compensation to States is being paid out of the Compensation Fund w.e.f. 1st July, 2017.
23. The Government e Marketplace (GeM) was launched on August 9, 2016 by which ministry?
D) Commerce and Industry
E)Women & Child Development
Answer: D) Commerce and Industry
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for expanding the mandate of GeM to allow procurement by Cooperatives as buyers on GeM.
- The Government e Marketplace (GeM) was launched on August 9, 2016 by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India to create an open and transparent procurement platform for Government buyers.
- A Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) by the name of Government e- Marketplace (GeM SPV) was set up as the National Public Procurement Portal on 17th May, 2017 in pursuance of the approval, of the Union Cabinet accorded on 12th April, 2017.
- At present, the platform is open for procurement by all government buyers: central and state ministries, departments, public sector enterprises, autonomous institutions, local bodies, etc.
- As per existing mandate, GeM is not available for use by private sector buyers. Suppliers (sellers) can be from across all segments: government or private.
- Each of the three pillars of GeMviz inclusion, transparency and efficiency have seen significant progress.
- The contribution by MSMEs to the cumulative transaction value is about 58%.
- Different independent studies, including those by the World Bank and National Economic Survey 2021, indicated substantial savings due to GeM’s ability to pool in more participation and provide cost effective options.
Cabinet approves relaxation in educational qualification for the post of Constable to recruit native tribal youth as Constables in CRPF through recruitment rally from the interior areas of Bijapur, Dantewada and Sukma districts of Chhattisgarh State:
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved a proposal of the Ministry of Home Affairs to relax requisite minimum educational qualification from 10th class pass to 8th Class for the recruitment of 400 candidates as Constable (General Duty) in CRPF from 03 districts of South Chattisgarh namely Bijapur, Dantewada and Sukma.
- Apart from issuing advertisement in local newspapers and adopting all means for wider publicity of this rally in these interior areas of these three districts, CRPF would subsequently impart formal education during the probation period to these newly recruited trainees.
- 400 tribal youths from interior areas of three districts namely Bijapur, Dantewada and Sukma of Chhattisgarh State will get employment opportunities.
- Appropriate relaxation in physical standards for recruitment will also be given by Ministry of Home Affairs.
- CRPF is one of Central Armed Police Forces, basically meant for duties like maintenance of law and order, tackling Counter Insurgency and maintaining Internal Security.
- In the instant case, CRPF proposes to recruit 400 native tribal youths as Constables (General Duty), from the relatively backward areas of Chhattisgarh.
- They will be confirmed in service only after acquiring the prescribed minimum educational qualification of standard 10th pass, thus formal education will be given to these recruits and CRPF would extend all possible support like providing study material, books and coaching assistance during their probation period.
- The probation period may be extended suitably, if required, to facilitate new recruits to acquire the prescribed education qualification.
- In order to facilitate them to take the 10th standard exam, these recruits will be registered with National Institute of Open Schools recognized by Central/State Govts.
- CRPF during 2016-2017 had raised one Bastariya Battalion by recruiting Scheduled Tribe candidates from four districts namely, Bijapur, Dantewada, Narayanpur and Sukma of Chhattisgarh.
- However, it could not yield optimum results as native youths from interior areas could not compete in the recruitment process due to non- fulfilling of requisite educational qualification i.e. 10th pass.
24. Garib Kalyan Sammelans organised in Odisha on completion of _____ years of the Government?
- Union Education, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan said that Union Government has been constantly working for the welfare of all sections of citizens with particular focus on the GaribKalyan and Women Empowerment.
- He was addressing a large gathering organised on the occasion of eight years completion of the government at Mahanga, Cuttack.
- Enumerating the number of beneficiaries of a host of central schemes, the minister highlighted that since 2014 as many as 11 crore households across the country have been equipped with toilets.
- He said while 9 crore gas connections to poor families have been given, about 40 lakh farmers in Odisha alone have received about Rs 8000 crore under PM-Kisan scheme so far.
25. Which state is the India’s top sugar producer?
- After a five-year gap, Maharashtra has overtaken Uttar Pradesh (UP) to regain its position as India’s top sugar producer.
- Shekhar Gaikwad, sugar commissioner of Maharashtra, expects the state’s output for the 2021-22 crushing year (October-September) at 138 lakh tonnes (lt).
- That is an all-time-high, beating the previous 107.21 lt of 2018-19.
- Prakash Naiknavare, managing director of the National Federation of Cooperative Sugar Factories, attributes the record production to three factors.
- The first is the bountiful rainfall Maharashtra has been receiving since the 2019 southwest monsoon season (June-September).
- The filling up of reservoirs and recharged groundwater aquifers has induced farmer to plant more area under sugarcane, which is a 12-18 months duration crop.
- The benefits of abundant water and expanded acreage accrued fully in 2021-22.
Maharashtra, UP top in GST registrations:
- Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh have topped in Goods and Services Tax (GST) registrations by businesses and dealers followed by Gujarat and Tamil Nadu, reflecting that economic prowess of these states.
- Official data from government on aggregate GST registrations in the 2017-22 period showed that Maharashtra has 1.48 million normal GST payers who pay taxes on a monthly basis, while Uttar Pradesh has 1.33 million such tax payers.
- However, if smaller traders who pay taxes on a quarterly basis are included, Uttar Pradesh has 1.69 million GST registrations, while Maharashtra has 1.6 million registrations, showed official data which was previously not available.
- The figures do not include service distributors and casual tax payers which are smaller in number.
- Gujarat has 1.09 million normal and composition tax payers, while Tamil Nadu has 1.06 million GST registrations.
- Businesses having operations in different states are required to take registrations in each of the states where they operate.
- Karnataka has over 953,000 GST registrations, while Rajasthan has over 795,000 GST registrations.
- Nagaland, Mizoram, Sikkim, Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar Islands have fewer than 10,000 GST registrations.
- GST registrations also indicate the nature of economic activity.
- Uttar Pradesh has the largest share of small businesses with the state accounting for over 357,000 composition dealers—those with sales upto ₹1.5 crores who have signed up for the quarterly tax payment facility.
- Maharashtra has over 122,000 composition dealers, while Rajasthan has over 137,000 composition dealers.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology