Daily Current Affairs May 10
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 10. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 10| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 10
1. Avinash Sable broke 30-year-old national record in ____m race?
Answer: E) 5000m
- Avinash Sable, India’s best long-distance runner, shattered a 30-year-old record in the 5000m long-distance at the Sound Running Track Meet in San Juan Capistrano, California.
- Sable finished 12th in the race in 13:25.65s, breaking Bahadur Prasad’s record of 13:29.70s established in 1992.
- The Sound Running Track Meet is a bronze-level World Athletics Continental Tour event.
- Jakob Ingebrigtsen of Norway, the Olympic 1500m champion from Tokyo, won the event in 13:02.03s, to take the gold medal.
- Meanwhile, Joshua Cheptegei of Uganda owns the men’s 5000m world record, clocking 12:35.36 in Monaco in 2020.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 10
2. Which of the following Bank launched lead engagement app, digital KCC?
A) Axis Bank
B) State Bank of India
C) Bank of Maharashtra
D) ICICI Bank
E) Bank of India
Answer: C) Bank of Maharashtra
- Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has launched a clutch of digital products, including for lead engagement and direct sales, and Kisan Credit Card (KCC), as part of its strategy to harness digital banking channels to the optimum level.
- The Pune-headquartered public sector bank has rolled out ‘Mahabank Leads’ application for improved customer engagement and direct sales of various loan products.
- The digital Mahabank Kisan Credit Card (MKCC) facility is aimed at providing adequate and timely credit support to farmers via hassle free digital journey.
3. Motovolt Mobility, and which of the following bank will offer EMI schemes for purchase of e-cycles?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) DBS Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) Federal Bank
Answer: A) HDFC Bank
- Motovolt Mobility, an electric mobility company, has tied up with HDFC Bank to offer easy EMI schemes for purchase of a wide range of e-cycles.
- According to Manohar Bethapudi, Head – Growth & Corporate Strategy, Motovolt Mobility, this will encourage more people to opt for electric mobility.
- The price range of the products — along with accessories — would be between ₹27,000 and ₹40,000 with options to customise as per the need.
4. RBI imposed how many lakh penalty on Abhyudaya Co-op Bank?
A) ₹85 lakh
B) ₹58 lakh
C) ₹56 lakh
D) ₹48 lakh
E) ₹68 lakh
Answer: B) ₹58 lakh
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a monetary penalty of ₹58 lakh on Mumbai-based Abhyudaya Co-operative Bank for non-compliance with its directions on ‘Placement of Deposits with Other Banks’, and ‘Monitoring and Reporting Mechanism of Frauds’, among others.
- The central bank, in a statement, also cited non-compliance with its directions relating to ‘Income Recognition, Asset Classification, Provisioning and Other Related Matters (IRAC norms)’ and ‘Management of Advances’ as the reasons for imposition of penalty.
5. Which of the following Bank, UK’s Santander signed MoU to ease corporate banking at both ends?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) DBS Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) Federal Bank
Answer: D) ICICI Bank
- The memorandum of understanding (MoU) between ICICI and Santander UK Plc, signed in Mumbai, is designed to establish a framework of partnership between the banks to meet the financial service requirements of corporate customers operating within the India-UK corridor.
- ICICI Bank will provide banking solutions across trade, cross-border payments, supply chain, treasury solutions and retail banking to the UK corporates operating in India and Santander UK will support Indian corporates and new age businesses for their banking requirements in the UK.
6. Which of the following Life Insurance Company launched Flexi Wealth Advantage Plan?
A) Reliance Nippon Life Insurance Company Ltd
B) IndiaFirstLife Insurance Company Ltd
C) Tata AIA Life Insurance Company Ltd
D) Max Life Insurance Company Ltd
E) Edelweiss Life Insurance Company Ltd
Answer: D) Max Life Insurance Company Ltd
- Max Life Insurance Company Ltd. has announced the launch of Max Life Flexi Wealth Advantage Plan, a unit-linked non-participating individual life insurance plan.
- The unique offering will guarantee a return of eligible policy charges, loyalty additions, power-packed boosters, and a wide choice of variants that ensures meeting policyholders’ diverse needs.
- Furthermore, the customer can customize the plan with unlimited switches and premium redirection free of cost along different stages of the growth journey.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 10
7. Reliance becomes first Indian company to cross how many billion annual revenue?
A) $ 150 bn
B) $ 100 bn
C) $ 50 bn
D) $ 200 bn
E) $ 500 bn
Answer: B) $ 100 bn
- Billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries Ltd reported a 22.5 per cent rise in net profit for the quarter ended March on the back of bumper oil refining margins, steady growth in telecom and digital services and strong momentum in the retail business.
- For the full fiscal 2021-22 (April 2021 to March 2022), Reliance reported a net profit of ₹60,705 crore on a revenue of ₹7.92 lakh crore (USD 102 billion).
- It is the first Indian company to have crossed USD 100 billion revenue in a year.
- The firm reported the highest-ever quarterly EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) of ₹33,968 crore, up 28 per cent year-on-year.
- O2C (Oil-to-chemical) business EBITDA was up 25 per cent at ₹14,241 crore, while digital services pre-tax earnings at ₹11,209 crore were 25 per cent more than last year.
- Retail EBITDA was up 2.5 per cent at ₹3,712 crore and gas production from satellite fields in the KG-D6 block boosted oil and gas EBITDA over three folds to ₹1,556 crore.
- Consumer business now accounts for nearly 45 per cent of segment EBITDA.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 10
8. Rodrigo Chavestoke office as president of which of the following country?
A) El Salvador
C) Costa Rica
Answer: C) Costa Rica
- The economist and former finance minister has been sworn in for a four-year term.
Costa Rica’s new president Rodrigo Chaves was, promising to fight corruption and revive the economy.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs May 10
9. 2022 Pulitzer Prize winners for journalism, in which year first Pulitzer Prize given?
Answer: A) 1917
- Public Service (1917-present) –The Washington Post
- Breaking News Reporting (1998-present) – The staff of the Miami Herald
- Investigative Reporting (1985-present) – Corey G. Johnson, Rebecca Woolington and Eli Murray of the Tampa Bay Times
- Explanatory Reporting (1998-present) – Staff of Quanta Magazine, notably Natalie Wolchover
- Local Reporting (1948-1952, 2007-present) – Madison Hopkins and Cecilia Reyes of the Chicago Tribune
- National Reporting (1948-present) – The staff of The New York Times
- International Reporting (1948-present) – The staff of The New York Times
- Feature Writing (1979-present) – Jennifer Senior of The Atlantic
- Commentary (1973-present) – Melinda Henneberger of the Kansas City Star
- Criticism (1973-present) – Salamishah Tillet
- Editorial Writing (1917-present) – Lisa Falkenberg, Michael Lindenberger, Joe Holley and Luis Carrasco of the Houston Chronicle
- Illustrated Reporting and Commentary – Fahmida Azim, Anthony Del Col, Josh Adams and Walt Hickey of Insider
- Breaking News Photography (2000-present) – Marcus Yam of the Los Angeles Times and Win McNamee, Drew Angerer, Spencer Platt, Samuel Corum and Jon Cherry of Getty Images
- Feature Photography (1968-present) – Adnan Abidi, SannaIrshadMattoo, Amit Dave and the late Danish Siddiqui of Reuters
- Audio Reporting (2020-present) – Staffs of Futuro Media and PRX for “Suave”
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs May 10
10. Aaditya Thackeray inaugurated India’s first bio-gas powered EV charging station in which of the following city?
Answer: E) Mumbai
- Aaditya Thackeray inaugurates India’s first bio-gas powered EV charging station in Mumbai.
- Inaugurated India’s first EV charging station powered by bio-gas at Keshavrao Khadye Marg, which generates 220 units of energy from household waste.
- Along with powering street lights, this energy plant will now charge electric vehicles too.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 10
11. Khelo India Youth Games will be conducted in which of the following state/UT?
Answer: B) Haryana
- Giving two hoots to traditional games, Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur announced that the upcoming Khelo India Youth Games in Haryana, scheduled from June 4, would host at least five Indian traditional games, besides conducting Olympics-approved disciplines.
- In the upcoming Khelo India Youth Games, we will be hosting five events – Gatka, Mallakhamba, Yogasana, Kalaripayattu and Thang-Ta.
- Thakur unveiled Khelo India Youth Games logo, mascot and jerseys.
- The events will be organised at Tau Devi Lal Stadium, Panchkula, along with other venues including, Chandigarh, Ambala, Shahbad and Delhi.
12. Prominent Crossing in which of the following city to be Developed & Named after LataMangeshkar?
Answer: D) Ayodhya
- A prominent crossing in Ayodhya will be developed and named after legendary singer Bharat Ratna late Lata Mangeshkar who passed away on February 6.
- The Ayodhya administration to identify a prominent crossing in the temple town and send a proposal to the state government in the next 15 days for renaming it after Lata Mangeshkar.
13. Stalin announced free breakfast for students of which class?
Answer: B) 1-5
- The State was richer by five new development schemes, they are Free morning breakfast scheme for government school students, Scheme to eradicate nutrition deficiency, Establishment of schools of excellence Primary health centres in urban areas.
- The expansion of ‘CM in Your Constituency’, a public grievances redress system, to all 234 constituencies.
- Breakfast would be provided to students of Classes 1-5 on all working days.
- In the first phase, the scheme would be launched in some Corporations, municipalities and villages.
- The scheme would be implemented through the local bodies and expanded to all parts of the State in phases.
14. Railways launches ‘baby berths’ for passengers travelling with kids, what is it length?
A) 777 mm
B) 707 mm
C) 775 mm
D) 780 mm
E) 770 mm
Answer: E) 770 mm
- To make train journey more comfortable for passengers travelling with infants, the railways has fitted foldable “baby berths” on the side of lower main berths of the Lucknow Mail as part of a pilot project.
- On the Lucknow Mail, two “baby berths” of 770 mm in length, 255 mm in width and 76.2 mm in height were fitted to 12 and 60 main berths of the second cabins on both ends of coaches.
15. RailTel launched PM-WANI based access to its WiFi across how many railway stations?
Answer: C) 100
- RailTel launched Prime Minister Wi-Fi Access Network Interface (PM-WANI) scheme based access to its Public WiFi services across 100 railway stations having 2,384 WiFi hotspots in 22 states.
- PM-WANI is an ambitious program of the Department of Telecom (DoT) to connect all silo Wi-Fi networks for ease of use and proliferate broadband usage for the masses.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology