Daily Current Affairs May 09
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 09. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 09| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 09
1. World Thalassemia Day is observed on?
A) May 01
B) May 08
C) May 05
D) May 04
E) May 06
Answer: B) May 08
- Every year World Thalassemia day is observed on May 08.
- Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder that doesn’t let the body to create enough haemoglobin.
- The disease weakens and destroys the blood cells.
- There are two types of thalassemia, alpha and beta, along with Thalassemia minor, intermedia and major as its subcategories.
- In the year 1994, Thalassemia International Federation (TIF) announced May 8 as International Thalassemia Day.
- ‘Be Aware.Share.Care: Working with the global community as one to improve thalassemia knowledge.’
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 09
2. Alyssa Healy won ICC ‘Player of Month’ award,she belongs to which country?
E) South Africa
Answer: D) Australia
- Women – Star keeper-batter Alyssa Healy (Australia)
- Men – Side spinner Keshav Maharaj (South Africa)
3. Motor racing-Verstappen won___ Miami Grand Prix?
Answer: E) 1st
- First Miami Grand Prix at Miami Dolphins’ Hard Rock Stadium.
- 1st – Max Verstappen (Red Bull,Belgium)
- 2nd – Charles Leclerc (Ferrari,Monaco)
- 3rd – Carlos Sainz(Ferrari,Spain)
4. Alcarazwon Madrid Open title,this is his ___ title in this year?
Answer: A) 4th
- Madrid Open title.
- Winner – Carlos Alcaraz (Spain)
- Runner – Alexander Zverev (Germany)
- This was Alcaraz’s second ATP Masters 1000 title of the season and fourth title of the year.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 09
5. SECI signed MoU with which ministry to set up rooftop solar energy panels?
A) Ministry of Renewable Energy
B) Ministry of Defence
C) Ministry of Home Affairs
D) Ministry of Finance
E) Ministry of External Affairs
Answer: C) Ministry of Home Affairs
- Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) has signed MoU with the Union Ministry of Home Affairs in order to harness the potential of solar energy on the available rooftop areas in the campuses of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and National Security Guard (NSG).
- The MoU was signed by Shri Rakesh Kumar Singh, Joint Secretary, MHA and Smt. Suman Sharma, MD, SECI.
- The MoU is a step ahead towards supply of green power to the country’s security forces and reinforces the government’s commitment towards a sustainable future.
- The MoU will support MHA in implementing rooftop solar plants under RESCO model.
6. Nitin Jain launched Asset Management & Financial Advisory Company,he belongs to which sector?
Answer: D) Finance
- Nitin Jain, former Wealth and Asset Management chief executive officer at Edelweiss, announced the launch of a new age asset management and financial advisory platform, Neo Group.
- The group will focus on four businesses — Neo World, Neo Asset Management, Neo Multi Family Office and Neo Leaf.
- Jain has roped in a team of industry experts to lead each of Neo Group’s business verticals.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs May 09
7. Who among the following clearedEquitas Holdings and Equitas SFB merger?
D) Finance Ministry
Answer: B) RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India cleared the Equitas Holdings and Equitas SFB merger, Equitas Small Finance Bank.
- The scheme of amalgamation between Equitas Holdings Limited (EHL), Equitas SFB Limited (ESFB), and their respective shareholders had been submitted to the Stock Exchanges and the RBI for their approval.
- The market capitalisation of Equitas Small Finance Bank was Rs 6,404 crore on March 31, compared with Rs 3,643.48 crore for Equitas Holdings.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs May 09
8. Who among the following signed Agreement with IREDA to facilitate its Clean Energy Growth Journey?
A) NLC India
B) Adani Power
C) OMC Power
D) Reliance Power
E) Tata Power
Answer: C) OMC Power
- OMC Power is delighted to announce a long-term relationship agreement with the Indian Renewable Energy Dev Agency Ltd. (IREDA) towards building a rural renewable energy ecosystem.
- In a welcome move by the IREDA, OMC will be getting economic support for setting up Renewable energy plants to provide sustainable energy in the villages of Uttar Pradesh.
- Currently, OMC Power has 280 renewable energy plants across Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- OMC Power plans to expand its footprint to 1000 sites to drastically reduce the Carbon footprint in rural India.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs May 09
9. Boeing and Air Works collaborated on Indian Navy’s ___ fleet?
A) P- 86
B) P- 85
C) P- 82
D) P- 80
E) P- 8I
Answer: E) P- 8I
- Underscoring the success of the government’s Atmanirbhar Bharat (self-reliant India) campaign, Air Works – an Indian maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) company – is partnering The Boeing Company in undertaking heavy maintenance checks on three Indian Navy P-8I long-range maritime patrol aircraft simultaneously at Air Works, Hosur.
- The collaboration between Boeing and Air Works has enabled faster turnarounds and enhanced operational capability within India for key defence platforms.
- The partnership began with checks on the P-8I Poseidon aircraft, and has grown to include checks and MRO on the landing gear of the Indian Air Force’s Boeing 737 VVIP aircraft.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 09
10. Etsy inks pact with NEHHDC to support small, traditional artisans from where?
A) North East states
B) Northern States
C) Southern States
D) Western States
E) Central States
Answer: A) North East states
- Etsy, which positions itself as global marketplace for ‘unique and creative’ goods, has partnered with the North Eastern Handicrafts and Handloom Development Corporation (NEHHDC) to support small sellers, weavers and artisans, with market access and enablement support.
- Under the memorandum of understanding (MoU), Etsy will work with the NEHHDC to develop enablement programmes specifically tailored for artisans from the North East, including modules on online selling and entrepreneurship, and the opportunity to access a wider market for their products.
- Etsy will provide digital enablement services to sellers and conduct training workshops to familiarise them with Etsy and how to sell on the marketplace.
- Etsy aims to equip artisans, creators and small entrepreneurs in the Indian handicrafts sector with important tools and resources to start and manage online businesses.
11. Which of the following state/UT Heritage Festival organized at Ramnagar Fort, Udhampur?
B) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: B) Jammu and Kashmir
- Continuing the Celebration of ‘AzadiKaAmrutMahotsav’ Directorate of Tourism, Jammu was organized Jammu Heritage Festival at Ramnagar Fort in collaboration with District Administration, Udhampur and Archeological Survey of India.
- This was the second program in the series of Heritage Festival as the first was conducted at Bhimgarh Fort, Reasi.
- The event was curated and crafted by Atlas Event Management.
12. Alstom delivered India’s first semi high-speed regional train for Delhi-Meerut RRTS project,what is its length?
A) 82.4 km
B) 85.2 km
C) 85.5 km
D) 82.5 km
E) 81.5 km
Answer: D) 82.5 km
- Alstom, a leading multinational sustainable mobility provider, has successfully delivered India’s first semi high-speed regional train for National Capital Region Transport Corporation’s (NCRTC), 82.5 km long Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Phase 1.
- The rollout ceremony was held at Alstom’s manufacturing unit at Savli in Gujarat.
- Designed and built to move passengers at 180 kmph, these trains are expected to reduce the travel time between Delhi and Meerut by 40%.
- These semi-high-speed aerodynamic trains are energy efficient, designed to offer top-notch comfort and safety features for premium passenger experience for commuters, including those for the speciallyabled.
13. Pradhan Mantri Suraksha BimaYojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan JyotiBimaYojana (PMSBY) and Atal Pension Yojana (APY) completed ___ years?
Answer: C) 7
- The 7th anniversaries of three social security (Jan Suraksha) schemes, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan JyotiBimaYojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha BimaYojana (PMSBY) and Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
- PMJJBY, PMSBY and APY were launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 9th May, 2015 from Kolkata, West Bengal.
- PMJJBY: More than 12.76 crore Cumulative Enrolments
- PMSBY: More than 28.37 crore Cumulative Enrolments
- APY: Over 4 Crore subscribers.
14. Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying inaugurates Mobile Veterinary Units (MVUs) to provide veterinary services at the farmer’s doorstep in which of the following state?
D) Andra Pradesh
Answer: E) Karnataka
- Shri ParshottamRupala, Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying inaugurated Mobile Veterinary Units (MVUs) in Karnataka to provide veterinary services at the farmer’s doorstep based on the phone calls received at the Call Centre from the farmers.
- The overall aim of the ‘Livestock Health & Disease Control programme’ of Government of India is to improve the animal health by way of implementation of prophylactic vaccination programmes against various diseases of livestock and poultry, capacity building, disease surveillance and strengthening of veterinary infrastructure.
- In order to increase accessibility of veterinary services at farmer’s doorsteps, funds for Mobile Veterinary Units (MVUs) will be provided to the States/UTs under this scheme @ 1 MVU for every one lakh livestock population.
- These MVUs will be customized fabricated vehicles for veterinary healthcare with equipment for diagnosis, treatment & minor surgery, audio visual aids and other basic requirements for treatment of animals.
15. Poumai is declared as ‘drug free zone’ it is located in which state?
Answer: A) Manipur
- Giving an impetus to chief minister N Biren Singh’s initiative on “War on Drugs”, the Poumai Naga community has declared Poumai areas in the state as “drug free zone”.
- A resolution to this effect and against poppy plantation was made on April 28 during the Poumai general body meeting.
- Paomai is the second largest Naga tribe in Manipur predominantly settled in Senapati district.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology