Daily Current Affairs May 11
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 11. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 11| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 11
1. National Technology Day is observed on?
A) May 10
B) May 2
C) May 8
D) May 11
E) May 7
Answer: D) May 11
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to India’s scientists and their efforts behind the successful nuclear tests in 1998 on the occasion of National Technology Day.
- India conducted Pokhran-II tests, a series of five nuclear explosions, in May 1998 at the Indian Army’s Pokhran Test Range in Rajasthan.
- National Technology Day is observed every year on May 11 as a reminder of the anniversary of the Pokhran-II tests.
- ‘Integrated Approach in Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future’.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 11
2. Asia Cup Archery India bagged how many gold medal?
Answer: B) 3
- Asia Cup Archery at Sulaymaniyah Sports Club in Iraq.
- Gold – Parneet Kaur, Aditi Swami and Saskhi Chaudhary against Kazakhstan (Women)
- Gold – PrathameshFuge, Rishabh Yadav and Jawkar Samadhan against Bangladesh (Men)
- Gold – Fuge and Parneet Kaur against Adel Zhexenbinova and Khristich Kazakhstan (Mixed Duo)
- Bronze – Samadhan against Khristich of Kazakhstan.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 11
3. Narayan Rane launched ____ phase of MSME RuPAY Credit Card?
Answer: E) 2nd
- Addressing the National conference of MSME- Development Institutes, Testing Centres and Technology Centres this conference will contribute to shaping the vision of AatmaNirbhar Bharat initiated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Shri Rane also launched the second phase of MSME RuPAY Credit Card with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and four banks, viz. Kotak Mahindra Bank, Bank of Baroda, SBM Bank (India) and HDFC Bank.
- This card will provide a simplified payment mechanism to MSMEs to meet their business-related operational expenses.
4. Sri Guru Raghavendra Bank RBI extended validity period of Directions by how many months?
Answer: A) 6
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the validity of its Directions to Bengaluru-based Sri Guru Raghavendra Sahakara Bank Niyamitha for a further period of six months, from May 11, 2022 to November 10, 2022, subject to review.
- The Bank has been under RBI Directions since January 10, 2020.
- RBI had brought the Bank under Directions in the interest of depositor protection.
- The withdrawal limit for depositors of Sri Guru RaghavendraSahakara Bank is capped at ₹1 lakh per depositor during the entire duration under RBI Directions.
- Under the Directions, the Bank cannot, without prior approval of RBI in writing, grant or renew any loans and advances, make any investment, incur any liability, including borrowal of funds and accept fresh deposits, disburse or agree to disburse any payment whether in discharge of its liabilities and obligations or otherwise, enter into any compromise or arrangement and sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of any of its properties or assets.
- Meanwhile, RBI has extended the validity period of its Directions to Solapur-based The Laxmi Co-operative Bank for three months, from May 12, 2022 to August 11, 2022, subject to review.
5. DigiSaathi: 24*7 UPI payment helpline now available on which platform?
Answer: C) Whatsapp
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) informed that they have set up a 24*7 helpline to aid with digital payments products and services.
- The helpline is called DigiSaathi and it will also be accessible on WhatsApp all the information customers need related to digital payment products and services.
- The DigiSaathi was launched on behalf of a consortium of payment system operators and participants comprising banks and non-banking financial entities.
- It is an automated response system that helps customers in addressing their queries related to debit and credit cards, UPI, NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, PPI wallets, ATM, and mobile and net banking.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 11
6. Tata Technologies signed pact with Assam govt to transform polytechnics, ITIs into Centres of Excellence; to entail investment of how many crores?
A) Rs 3,290 crore
B) Rs 3,390 crore
C) Rs 2,290 crore
D) Rs 2,390 crore
E) Rs 2,930 crore
Answer: D) Rs 2,390 crore
- Global engineering and product development digital services firm Tata Technologies Ltd has entered into a collaboration with the Assam government to transform 34 state polytechnics and 43 Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) into futuristic Centres of Excellence (CoEs) entailing an investment of about Rs 2,390 crore.
- The company has signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with the Assam government for a period of 10 years for the purpose.
- Post upgradation, these COEs will not only cater to the advanced skill requirements of students aligned to the key industries in Assam, but also act as a technology and industrial hub for MSMEs and support entrepreneurship.
- The total proposed investment under this project would be approximately Rs 2,390 crore.
7. Who among the following granted recognition to NSDL Database Management as accreditation agency?
E) Finance Ministry
Answer: B) SEBI
- Capital markets regulator Sebi has granted recognition to NSDL Database Management Ltd (NDML) as an accreditation agency for three years.
- The entity is a wholly-owned subsidiary of National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL), the agency will issue accreditation certificate to ”accredited investors”.
- The recognition to NDML has been granted for a period of three years with effect from May 10, 2022.
- The renewal of the recognition would be subject to satisfactory performance by NDML.
- The procedure for accreditation of an investor and verification of accreditation status of an investor by investment providers — Alternative Investment Funds, Portfolio Managers and, Investment Advisers — and other modalities will be displayed on the websites of NSDL and NDML.
- The accreditation agency will be responsible for verification of documents submitted by applicants, timely processing of applications and issuance of accreditation certificate, maintaining data of accredited investors and verification of accreditation status.
- Earlier, Sebi had granted recognition to CDSL Ventures, a wholly-owned subsidiary of depository CDSL, as an accreditation agency for a period of three years with effect from February 1, 2022.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs May 11
8. Who among the following released the book ‘Modi @20: Dreams Meeting Delivery’?
A) Vice President
B) Chief Justice of India
D) Home Minister
E) Defence Minister
Answer: A) Vice President
- Book – ‘Modi @20: Dreams Meeting Delivery’
- Author – BlueKraft Digital Foundation
- Publisher – Rupa Publication
- Released by – Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 11
9. Which of the following country elected as new Chair of the Association of Asian Election Authorities 2022-24?
Answer: C) India
- India has been unanimously elected as the new Chair of the Association of Asian Election Authorities (AAEA) for 2022-2024 at the recently held meeting of the Executive Board and General Assembly in Manila, Philippines.
- Commission on Elections, Manila was the current chair of AAEA.
- The new member of the Executive Board now includes Russia, Uzbekistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Taiwan, and Philippines.
- Presented the work plan for 2022-23 as also futuristic activities for 2023-24 to the Executive Board.
- A presentation on ‘Gender Issues in Elections’ was also given.
- The mission of the Association of Asian Election Authorities is to provide a non-partisan forum in the Asian region for sharing experiences and best practices among election authorities to discuss and act upon ways to promote open and transparent elections with the objective of supporting good governance and democracy.
10. Yoon Suk-yeol took office as new president of which of the following country?
B) South Korea
Answer: B) South Korea
- Yoon Suk-yeol has been sworn in as South Korea’s new president.
11. Katalin Novak became president of which of the following country?
Answer: E) Hungary
- Katalin Novak, the first female president of Hungary, took office and succeed Janos Ader.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 11
12. Which of the following state government inked pact with Creduce& HCPL for bamboo resources development?
D) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: D) Arunachal Pradesh
- The Arunachal Pradesh government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Creduce and Hydel Consultants Private Limited (HCPL) for cultivation and development of bamboo resources in the state.
- This is the world’s largest bamboo cultivation drive by a public-private partnership.
- The agreement encompasses the plantation of 100,000 hectares of forest and village land with bamboo, also called ‘green gold’.
- Arunachal Pradesh Bamboo Resource and Development Agency (APBRDA) signed the MoU on behalf of the state government.
- Through this agreement, able to cultivate 100 million carbon credits in 10 years, which will be valued at $1.5 billion over the same period.
- The yields from the joint venture would last for over 30 years, divided into three phases of 10 years each.
13. Home Minister Amit Shah presents President’s Colours to Assam Police it was founded in which year?
Answer: B) 1826
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah presented the President’s Colours to the Assam Police for their exemplary services in Guwahati.
- Assam Police are the tenth police force in the country to receive this honour.
- Remembering the rich and proud history of about 200 years of Assam Police, in 1826, the British started this police force by appointing some policemen at a district headquarters.
Ministry of Home Affairs:
Union Minister : Amit Shah (Gandhinagar,Gujarat)
Minister of State : Nityanand Rai (Ujiarpur,Bihar), NisithPramanik(Cooch Behar,West Bengal), Ajay Kumar Mishra (Kheri,UP)
14. Which of the following state launched scheme for fodder growers?
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Haryana
- Haryana agriculture minister J P Dalal launched the ‘Chaara-BijaeeYojana’ scheme, under which a farmer growing fodder and supplying the produce to cowsheds will get a financial assistance of Rs 10,000 per acre.
- If a farmer grows fodder on up to 10 acres of land around the gaushalas (cowsheds) and provides it to them through mutual consent, the state government will provide financial assistance to such farmers at the rate of Rs 10,000 per acre.
- The amount will be transferred to the bank accounts of farmers through direct benefit transfer mode.
15. Gadkari inaugurated vehicle scrapping facility in which of the following state?
C) Andra Pradesh
Answer: E) Haryana
- Road transport and highways minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated a vehicle scrapping facility in Nuh district of Haryana.
- The biggest benefit from this policy will be that copper, steel, aluminum, rubber and plastic will be easily available.
- By the end of 2024, this new vehicle scrapping policy will generate a large number of jobs and this policy will also play an important role in cleaning the environment.
16. How many new Domestic Cargo Terminal by 2024-25?
Answer: C) 33
- Union Minister of Civil Aviation Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia attended the annual event of Air Cargo Forum India (ACFI) as the chief guest.
- The theme of the annual event was “10 Million: Vision 2030; Stimulating, Scaling, Steering Air Cargo”.
- During the last 2 years in Covid times, cargo sector has emerged as a promising area not just for Indian aviation but for global aviation.
- Indian Cargo Sector has seen a growth rate of 9-10% since 2013-14.
- During the last 2 years, airlines have witnessed 520% increase in cargo revenue.
- Indian Cargo revenue stands at INR 2,000 crore with 3.1 million metric tonnage having a CAGR of 13%.
- India has 21 international and 35 domestic cargo terminals.
- During the times of Covid, we have rapidly expanded from having 7 Cargo Freighters to 28 Cargo Freighters in a short period of 3 years.
- Ministry of Civil Aviation will be spending close to INR 98,000 crores over 4 years in terms of setting up new Greenfield airports and expansion of existing brownfield airports.
- Out this, INR 62,000 crores will be invested by private sector and INR 36,000 crores will be invested by Government of India through AAI.
- Government, through AAI, will expand 42 brown field airports and setup 3 new Greenfield airports while private sector will expand 7 existing brownfield airports and setup 3 new Greenfield airports including Navi Mumbai, Jewar and Mopa.
- Air Cargo Forum India (ACFI) is an association of various stakeholders of Air Cargo Logistic Supply Chain Trade and Industry i.e. Freight Forwarders, Airlines, Airport Operators, Cargo Terminal Operators, Customs House Agents and Express Industry established on 14th September 2012.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Books and Authors