Daily Current Affairs May 04
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 04. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 04| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 04
1. World Asthma Day is celebrated on?
A) April 28
B) April 29
C) May 01
D) May 03
E) May 02
Answer: D) May 03
- Each year to raise awareness about asthma, we celebrate the World Asthma Day across the globe on May 3.
- The Asthma is a condition in which there is a narrowing of airways due to swelling of mucosa and also there is increase production of mucus in the airways.
- The day was first started by the Global Initiative for Asthma, which is a medical guideline organisation founded in
- Since that day, it is being celebrated on the first Tuesday of May
- ‘Closing Gaps in Asthma Care’.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs May 04
2. Vaishali won8th Fischer Memorial chess tournament the tournament happened in which country?
Answer: B) Greece
- Indian Woman Grandmaster R Vaishaliwon against France’s Marco Materia in the Herkalion 2022- 8th Fischer Memorial chess tournament, scoring seven points from nine rounds.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs May 04
3. India slided down to ____ position from 142nd in RSF 2022 World Press Freedom Index?
Answer: A) 150th
- “RSF 2022 World Press Freedom Index” released by Reporters without Borders.
|150||India (last year 142)|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 04
4. RBI hiked interest rate by ___ bps to 4.40%; borrowing to become expensive?
A) 30 bps
B) 20 bps
C) 40 bps
D) 60 bps
E) 50 bps
Answer: C) 40 bps
- In a move that will raise borrowing costs for corporates and individuals, the RBI after an unscheduled MPC meeting hiked the benchmark lending rate by 40 basis points (bps) to 4.40 percent to contain inflation that has remained stubbornly above the target of 6 percent for the last three months.
- The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das also raised the amount of deposits banks are required to maintain a cash reserve by 50 bps to 4.5 percent to suck out Rs 87,000 crore of liquidity from the banking system.
- Increase the policy repo rate by 40 basis points to 4.40 per cent.
- The CRR hike will be effective from May 21.
- This is the first-rate hike since August 2018 and the first instance of the MPC making an unscheduled increase in the repo rate.
5. IFL Finance, Open Financial joined hands to launchedneobank for whom?
Answer: E) MSME
- NBFC company IIFL Finance Ltd. and Open Financial Technologies Private Ltd., Asia’s largest SME focused neo-banking platform announced a joint venture to launch India’s first neobank to cater to banking and credit requirements of Micro and Small Enterprises (MSMEs).
- As part of the arrangement, the initial capital of the joint venture company will be 120 crore.
- The JV composition between IIFL Finance and Open is 51:49.
- The name of the joint venture would be IIFL Open Fintech Private Limited.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs May 04
6. Who became Signatory to United Nations – Supported Principles for Responsible Investment?
A) Aegon Life
B) HDFC Life
C) Reliance Nippon Life
D) Shriram Life
E) Tata AIA Life
Answer: B) HDFC Life
- HDFC Life is committed to following the principles of Responsible Investment (RI).
- The Company believes that as an active asset manager for policyholders, who have entrusted their savings with HDFC Life, it is the Company’s fiduciary responsibility to generate optimal risk adjusted returns over the long term.
- This objective can be served by following the RI approach which includes core stewardship principles and consideration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in addition to financial parameters and outlook, while making investment decisions.
- The Company currently has Assets under Management of over Rs. 2 lakh crores.
7. Irdai allowed insurance companies to invest up to how many percent of assets in BFSI sector?
Answer: D) 30%
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) hiked maximum investment limit of insurers in banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) companies to 30% of their assets from 25%.
- As per the latest changes to Irdai’s investment Regulations, 2016, the exposure limit for financial and insurance activities will now stand at 30% of investment assets for all insurers.
- Investment in housing financing companies and infrastructure financing companies will be a part of this.
- Experts feel that the hike by the regulator will help insurers bring their exposure to financial and insurance activities near broader Indian market indices.
8. Which life insurance launched new annuity plan ICICI Pru Guaranteed Pension Plan Flexi
A) Exide Life Insurance
B) SBI General Insurance
C) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
D) Kotak Life Insurance
E) IDBI Federal Life Insurance
Answer: C) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance has launched ICICI Pru Guaranteed Pension Plan Flexi, a regular premium payment annuity product, which enables customers to systematically save and build retirement savings over the long-term.
- This product has been specifically designed to address the need of customers to make regular contributions towards building a savings pool and receive a life-long guaranteed income to lead a financially independent retired life.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 04
9. Who among the following appointed Venkataramani Sumantran as chairman of the Board?
B) Air India
C) Spice Jet
D) Go Air
E) Jet Airways
Answer: A) Indigo
- InterGlobe Aviation, which runs IndiGo airlines, had appointed VenkataramaniSumantranas chairman of its Board of Directors.
- Sumantran, who has been an independent non-executive director of the Board since May 28, 2020, succeeds MeleveetilDamodaran, who stepped down on May 3, 2022, on attaining the age of 75 years.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs May 04
10. Tata Power Renewables commissioned____ solar project in Gujarat?
A) 500 MW
B) 150 MW
C) 250 MW
D) 100 MW
E) 120 MW
Answer: E) 120 MW
- Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TPREL), a 100 percent subsidiary of Tata Power, has commissioned 120 MW solar project in Masenka, Gujarat, which will produce 305247 MWh annually for Gujarat Government (GUVNL).
- In the installation, approximately 3.81 lakhs modules were used and the project will reduce up to 1.03 lakh tons of CO2 annually.
- With this addition of 120 MW, the renewables capacity in operation for Tata Power now stands at 3,520 MW with 2,588 MW of Solar and 932 MW of Wind.
- Tata Power’s total Renewable capacity is 4,920 MW including 1,400 MW of Renewable projects under various stages of implementation.
11. Creduce launched India’s ____ sustainability blockchain token KICHEE?
Answer: D) 1st
- Creduce, a service provider in the field of climate change and carbon asset management, announced the launch of sustainability blockchain token KICHEE.
- The launch date of the token is 31 May and the pre-launch sale will start 10 May onwards.
- It will be listed on Binance, Wazirx, Coinswitch, Coinbase, Opensea and Coindcx.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 04
12. Govt revised wheat production estimate downwards to ___mn tonnes for 2021-22 crop year?
Answer: B) 105
- The government has revised downwards the estimate for wheat production by 5.7 per cent to 105 million tonnesin the 2021-22 crop year ending June from the earlier projection of 111.32 million tonnes, as the crop productivity has been affected due to the early onset of summer.
- India’s wheat production stood at 109.59 million tonnesin the 2020-21 crop year (July-June).
- The lowering of estimates has been attributed to ”early summer”.
13. IBM rolled out ‘STEM for Girls’ programme in which of the following state?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Arunachal Pradesh
- Tech giant IBM announced an alliance with the Department of School Education of Arunachal Pradesh to introduce ‘STEM for Girls’ programme in over 130 secondary and higher secondary schools across 15 districts of the state.
- With the alliance, more than 13,500 students in grades 8-10 will have exposure to digital fluency, coding skills training, and life and career skills in 130 secondary and higher secondary schools.
- The programme’s expansion in Arunachal Pradesh is in line with IBM’s commitment to skilling 30 million people worldwide by 2030.
14. Which state toped among states in GST revenue collection growth in April?
C) Arunachal Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Andra Pradesh
Answer: C) Arunachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh has recorded a GST collection of Rs 196 crore in April, registering a year-on-year growth of 90 per cent, the highest among states.
- The northeastern state had mopped up Rs 103 crore in the year-ago month.
- The state had registered a 14 per cent GST revenue growth in March this year with a collection of Rs 105 crore, up from Rs 92 crore in the year-ago month.
15. G. Kishan Reddy inaugurates Inter State Truck Terminus at which of the following place?
Answer: E) Sekmai
- Union Minister of Development of North Eastern Region Shri G. Kishan Reddy virtually inaugurated the Inter-State Truck Terminus at Sekmai from National Sports University Complex, KhumanLampak, in the presence of Chief Minister of Manipur Shri N. Biren Singh, Works/Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Shri K. Govindas Singh.
- The inaugural function was organised during the North East Regional Sports Week in connection with the celebration of AzadiKaAmritMohotsav.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology